Posted By: FraserB Do you have to sit ? - 10/02/00 03:07 PM
Just a quick question......

In the homestudy course when you start photoreading you are supposed to sit up straight, legs uncrossed etc etc etc

In this forum Pete and others have photoread standing up ..... Is it possible to photoread in a comfy chair ie not sat up straight, with legs bunched up/underneath you etc ?? If not why not ?

Thanks,

Fraser

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: Do you have to sit ? - 10/02/00 03:13 PM
For shorter books, I've found my concentration is better while lying down. The problem is that I've never found a good way to position my arms to avoid fatigue.
Posted By: weight39doug Re: Do you have to sit ? - 10/02/00 03:15 PM
Such a position restricts energy flow. Best to keep your spine aligned.
Posted By: allenhm Re: Do you have to sit ? - 10/02/00 04:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by weight39doug:
Such a position restricts energy flow. Best to keep your spine aligned.

How about sitting in a chair with one leg crossed over the other with the book placed upon one's leg or lap?????

Posted By: Michael Saikali Re: Do you have to sit ? - 10/02/00 06:52 PM
Hello all,

What is being offered in the PR course are guidelines that have worked successfully for many. Debates and all can go on and on regarding standing, sitting, lying down etc... but remember guidelines offer a choice or starting point, but what matters is that you are 'comfortable' and can remain 'relaxed' during the entire process. So if one can achieve this while sitting, standing up or lying down ... then position becomes irrelevant. IMHO of course!

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

Posted By: weight39doug Re: Do you have to sit ? - 10/03/00 03:26 PM
You have to remember that Paul has a backgroud in NLP. Physiology and keeping yourself in a peak state is stressed in NLP.
Personally, I have found that I perform better at everything that I do when I am in a peak state.
Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Do you have to sit ? - 10/04/00 01:07 PM
"Emphasized in NLP" is probably a better choice.

After all, who wants to be "stressed in NLP?"

Posted By: weight39doug Re: Do you have to sit ? - 10/04/00 06:08 PM
I will have to photoread a thesaurus!
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Do you have to sit ? - 05/19/14 09:54 AM
#posture #PhotoReadingposture
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement