Posted By: John Seeing the blip page - 09/08/00 05:24 AM
I have purchased the book and after reading it I tried out Photoreading for the first time. I was able to see the blip page right away but what I noticed was that the experience was almost exactly like viewing one of those posters that used to be so popular where it all looks like a jumble of static but if you relax your eyes enough a three dimensional image will suddenly become apparent. I remember how sharp and crisp these images would seem when I finally mastered this technique. I found that upon seeing the blip page the text would also become sharply defined but always in my peripheral vision. So for those of you who have trouble seeing the blip page maybe getting one those posters and practicing until you can see the image easily will help you along towards attaining better PhotoFocus. Any replies are welcome.
Posted By: Bob Re: Seeing the blip page - 09/08/00 05:54 AM

What posters are you talking about and where can I get them ?
I have been practising Photoreading for three weeks or so regularly but still dont see the blip page and almost gave up hope of seeing a blip page. I now photoread looking over the top of the book or at the crease. Seems to be working fine but still have this desire to photoread with blip pages. :-)

Bob

Posted By: John Re: Seeing the blip page - 09/07/00 10:20 PM
Bob,

The posters were very popular a few years back but as all things of that nature they stopped being a big seller and were passed on down to smaller retailers. My guess is that if you want find a poster of that type that you try a head shop or try a local bookseller. I do know that when this item was popular there was a book published that had page after page of these illusions to peruse. There actually is a particular name for this type of illusion. I will see if I can find out what it is called and post it here. I think it might actually help if a person could get a hold of one of these posters and practice with it in order to develop the vision needed to see the blip page.

Posted By: weight39doug Re: Seeing the blip page - 09/08/00 01:23 AM
They have one of those pictures in the photoreading course manual.

To get a blip page maybe try pretending that you are looking through the book at the floor below you. That works for me.

Posted By: happyday Re: Seeing the blip page - 09/08/00 01:42 AM
Try the following webpage. It gives you various stereograms backgrounds to choose from plus English texts to scroll over:
http://www.exploreit.net/stereoreading/index.htm

Posted By: ckerins Re: Seeing the blip page - 09/09/00 10:32 PM
I would not become overly hung up on trying to get PhotoFocus - you'll end up putting too much pressure on yourself and not fall into the accelerative learning state that is central to PhotoReading. The main idea is to relax the gaze, see both pages simultaneously, and not fixate on any word or words, which would engage the conscious mind and narrow the "cone of attention", limiting the access to the other-than-conscious mind.

Play with PhotoFocus state. Another way to get a feel for the PhotoFocus state is an exercise from the martial arts - get a friend, stand several feet away from them, and as you gaze at them try to take in their whole body from head to toe without concentrating on any one feature. You're training your peripheral perceptions. When driving, occasionally see if you can see out the windshield and at the same time see out the rearview and side mirrors. Make a game of it, keep it light.

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Seeing the blip page - 05/19/14 10:11 AM
#photofocus #blippage
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement