Posted By: Shawn A few questions about the details - 02/24/00 07:58 PM
I finished reading the book last week. Skimmed the "image streaming" archives on Anakin's site and have photoread two books so far.

After reading different methods in the archive and the overview in the PR book, I would appreciate if someone could clarify a few things.

1. Several people mentioned that they activate from 30min. to 2 hours. What exactly is being done during this long period? The book refers to speed/dip and rapid reading, answering questions formulated in the preview step and then mind mapping. I may be misunderstanding this, but it seems like this would not take very long.

2. As described, mindmapping appears simple. The example in the book is clear on how to do it. However, when I actually sat down to try it with one of the two books I have read, I had nothing to write? The example seemed simple since I understood where the keywords and concepts were coming from. But when I sat down to do this with a book that has no example to identify with, I had nothing.

3. What is an average speed for photoreading? Several people said that they became faster with practice. I can understand that the mind becomes more receptive. So does this mean I am possibly flipping pages to fast for my subconscious to pick up?

4. Is it necessary to re-photoread books with content that I would like to have a full knowledge of? I guess this question is based on whether I am doing the procedures correctly.

Thanks for any feedback.

- Shawn

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: A few questions about the details - 02/29/00 11:38 PM

1. You are exactly right. After PhotoReading your book at 25,000 words per minute, and 30 minutes of incubation time, you begin to manually Activate the book into your conscious mind. This is done by priming your "other-than-conscious" brain with Mind Probing questions. Then, you SuperRead & Dip through the whole book, stopping at "trigger" words
which begin answering your questions and satisfying your purpose. Arranging your trigger words on a Mind Map helps you achieve long-term memory.

2. The book you Mind Mapped, how much time did you spend reading it before hand? How did you plan to use what the book had to say?

3. Here's an example. Let's say one of your books would require you to spend 10 hours to regular read it once. A beginning PhotoReader can take the same book, spend 3 hours, and achieve better comprehension with long-term memory. In those 3 hours, they will have 3 to 6 passes through the book cover-to-cover in 30-minute Activation sessions, building layers of comprehension and understanding. And, with use, it drops from 3 hours to 2 hours, and so forth. The PhotoReading Personal Learning Course is ideal for mastering the process at home. Also, you can learn the system in just one weekend by enrolling in a live PhotoReading seminar.

4. Re-PhotoReading a book at the beginning of your Activation session helps cultivate the channel between your conscious and "other-than-conscious" mind. If you have a highly detailed book, plan to spend several 30-minute Activation sessions. After a few sessions, your understanding of the entire book will begin to "gel."

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: A few questions about the details - 03/01/00 12:13 AM
By the way, I am a PhotoReading coach.
Posted By: Shawn Re: A few questions about the details - 03/01/00 12:49 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Dana Hanson:

1. You are exactly right. After PhotoReading your book at 25,000 words per minute, and 30 minutes of incubation time, you begin to manually Activate the book into your conscious mind. This is done by priming your "other-than-conscious" brain with Mind Probing questions. Then, you SuperRead & Dip through the whole book, stopping at "trigger" words
which begin answering your questions and satisfying your purpose. Arranging your trigger words on a Mind Map helps you achieve long-term memory.

Are you saying that this is drawn out over 2 hours? I thought Super Read/Dip was zipping through the book, stopping to read not more than a page or two in large books. I don't mean to sound argumentive, I just want my activating to be effect. When I read that this can go on for such a long time I was not sure what done that took so long.

quote:

3. In those 3 hours, they will have 3 to 6 passes through the book cover-to-cover in 30-minute Activation sessions, building layers of comprehension and understanding.

3 to 6 passes with Super Reading/Dip? Does this mean that each time the mind will pick out different sections to dip into? Are you saying that 30 minutes are spent going through the book several times reading sections that mentally "feel" right? I had not tried this, since I assumed going through it again I would dip into the same places. I will try this though.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate the insights!

-Shawn

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: A few questions about the details - 03/01/00 05:55 PM
You can activate for any length of time you desire. It depends on your purpose.

If your purpose is comprehension comparable to regular reading, then plan on spending about 1/3 the time with the material that you would spend regular reading. So, if it takes you 10 hours to read regular, spend 3 hours
activating.

You activate until it all comes together, until it gels, until you get your purpose met.

You may Super Read and Dip through the book several times during that period--or not. You will dip into different areas, based on the information you've learned (or didn't learn) from the previous pass(es).

There is no set answer. You need to play with it to see what works best for you and your purpose.

With more experience, the amount of time you need to activate can drop precipitously.

Have fun!

Posted By: ckerins Re: A few questions about the details - 03/06/00 03:22 PM
One of the biggest things to keep in mind when activating, at least that I've found, is to maintain a relaxed and playful attitude. Stress and the desire to "perform" tend to be antithetical to the PhotoReading approach. Instead, have fun with the material. Find what interests you in the area that you're investigating. Have a purpose in your reading, but maintain a child-like playful state that allows your mind to flow freely and easily over the material that you're reading.

When activating, I've discovered that recalling material that I've PhotoRead "feels" differently than recalling material that I've regular read. The difference seems like recalling a word from your native language as opposed to recalling a foreign word that you've memorized - the encoding is different. The same thing occurs with me in PhotoReading - the material seems intrinsically locked into my long term memory and is accessed best by relaxing and letting it come to the surface, and the best way that I've found to allow this to happen is to let go and play.

#activation #activating
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement