Posted By: Jeabp is it Worth it? - 09/26/00 09:42 PM
Hi
Ok I know you have answered this many times, but yet. I am a student in Denmark (and will be for at least 2,5 years more) and for now I have borrowed the 2th edition danish translation of the book at the libary. What I want to know is, wather the home study course is really worth its price? It will, including shipping, cost me about a month income. So Is it worth the investment? (I don't se the real garanti when you live in Europe; it is quite expencive to send it back, and I guess I have to pay for that, right).
Thanks in advance for your help, and a very nice messageboard.
Jeanette Pedersen
Posted By: Michael Saikali Re: is it Worth it? - 09/26/00 11:42 PM
Jeabp,

Ouch!!! A months salary! I remember way back when I was a student .. I won't mention how many years as this may give away my age and reveal how many grey hairs I have!

But in all sincerity, if I could do it all over and I had known about this technology at the time, I would have jumped at it!

You have to ask yourself one question. Is the money and time I invest 'today' worth the enormous benefits that will last a lifetime? Try not to think about the initial investment ... but the long term gain to be achieved.

You have many many years ahead of you in terms of challenges and learning ... PR is the perfect tool to keep up with todays information overload. Hmmm, I should go into marketing!

The decision is yours and yours alone to make but remember, consider the endless possibilities and changes that can occur in 'your' life. Knowledge is a sought after commodity ... PR helps to build and retain that knowledge in 'you'.

The future is shaped by the decision's we make in the here and now! Michael Saikali 2000.

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: is it Worth it? - 09/27/00 05:33 AM
In an effort to improve my capabilities, I recently attempted the "5 Day Plan" as called out in the PR book. I was very dissatisfied with the results. I felt like I got nothing out of the book.

I decided to try again. This time, I took the time to get into state before each step (instead of picking up the book, tossing the tangerine up, and diving into the book). I was very pleased with the results this time around. In less than two hours, I got a great deal out of the book. I have a pretty complete mindmap that tells me everything I need from the book. I wish I had known about PhotoReading when I was in college. I think it would have had a very big impact on my college experience.

Aren't there distributors of the product outside the US?

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: is it Worth it? - 09/27/00 12:36 PM
Call Jens in Denmark. He is a PhotoReading instructor, and I believe he also sells the self-study course.

Tell him "hello!" from me.

Denmark / Norway / Sweden
contact for schedule
Scandinavian Development Center
Jens Birkmose
45-4-824-4342
45-4-824-4347
Email:sdc@post10.tele.dk http://www.sdc-kurser.dk

Posted By: Cnolan Re: is it Worth it? - 09/28/00 02:24 AM
I recently attended the Photoreading seminar. Before reading the seminar, I picked up the book and started working with it. I actually started getting results from the system before I went to the seminar, and, in my honest opinion, I think that if one applies him/herself to the system (using the Photoreading book alone) you can learn the system phenominally.

I actually found the seminar to be more of a coaching session, but I really learned nothing more than I knew already from the book.

Therefore, I would purchase the 3rd edition book, and commit to using the system, and save some money for yourself to eat and what not. If you need coaching, the people at Learning Strategies can answer any of your questions.

The key to learning the system, though, is to realize that each of the techniques is a self-contained reading technique that has been used and researched in other systems. The photoreading step is actually (imho) the only truly "unique" part of the system (which is essentially the hinge). Definitely use the book confidently, knowing that it works. ;-)

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: is it Worth it? - 09/28/00 05:44 AM
I can't speak to the seminar but I can say that I got much more out of the homestudy course than the book. By its very nature, I think there is more content in the homestudy course.

However, I agree that the bottom line is belief and practice. Many of the things that I discounted on earlier listening sessions have proved themselves out as I've developed experience. Be willing to open yourself up to the full process and play with it. You'll be amazed with the results.

Posted By: weight39doug Re: is it Worth it? - 09/29/00 05:29 AM
I found that the book didn't give me enough practical experience. I wanted to be guided through the system and that's why I prefer the course to the book alone. Particularly, when it comes to learning how to get into the accelerated learning state.
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement