Posted By: MikeE Problems with gratitude practice - 12/19/09 02:25 AM
Hi,

I love to meditate on gratitude. My happiness set point is pretty low at this time in my life, and practicing gratitude is like an instant fix. However, whenever I stop practicing gratitude, all the happiness I've built up over the last few minutes (or hours) comes crashing down. I expand with the practice, then contract again. I'd be a much happier person if I could sustain the good feelings gratitude meditations bring to me. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thank you in advance,
--Mike
Posted By: RoxT Re: Problems with gratitude practice - 12/20/09 11:10 PM
I have read that you should look at what is "bringing you down" acknowledge it and then LET IT GO! Your body keeps bringing up the negative because it wants it to be acknowledged and they you can release it and more positive happy thoughts will come up and stick.

You may also want to look into your diet. You may be low on certain vitamins and enzymes that are causing your system to be pulled down. I would recommend the book The Diet Cure by: Julia Ross
Posted By: Kelly L Re: Problems with gratitude practice - 05/11/10 04:44 PM
Originally Posted By: MikeE
Hi,

I love to meditate on gratitude. My happiness set point is pretty low at this time in my life, and practicing gratitude is like an instant fix. However, whenever I stop practicing gratitude, all the happiness I've built up over the last few minutes (or hours) comes crashing down. I expand with the practice, then contract again. I'd be a much happier person if I could sustain the good feelings gratitude meditations bring to me. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thank you in advance,
--Mike

Thank you for the post.