Posted By: sammyyr Meditation 2 - Intention and Feedback - 08/18/10 04:08 PM
Hello,

First time user of LSC forums. Jeddah speaks about the difference between thoughts and intention in the preparation to meditation 2 but to me its never clear. In meditation 2 itself, she instructs holding 2 different intentions and a thought. I'm having trouble differentiating the two. Technically and practically speaking, what is the difference between holding intentions and thoughts?

thanks.
Hi Sammyyr. Great to hear from you!

A thought tends to be fleeting pictures and words in the mind. These can be either contracted and separate us from the truth, or expansive, in which case they bring us into alignment so we can see the truth of our existence more clearly.

Intention is a purposeful, conscious, focused thought. One of the things I notice as a life coach is that intentions seem to have much more of a feeling aspect to them. I think this is probably the major distinction between thought and intention. Because thoughts are generated by the mind, they don’t connect readily with conscious awareness, which is essentially perceived by noticing the expansive and contracted patterns in our body and energy field.

You will notice that Jeddah mentions on multiple occasions that the mind is not the tool with which to access conscious awareness. We need to experience what she is teaching and not just understand it from a mental perspective.

In this process we transition from a human doing (good at being productive and mentally knowledgeable) to a human being (much more in tune with our spiritual and energetic center and consequently more consciously aware). What I am has everything to do with my being as awareness and very little relationship to what I am doing. The latter just defines the fleeting physical parameters of what I am and we are all so much more than that! Jeddah’s teachings help us to remember this.

Lots of love to you,
Wendy
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement