Posted By: wim Self Acceptance - 04/15/14 05:04 PM
I have recently started using mediation 6 of Embracing Freedom called "Self Acceptance". In it Jeddah repeatedly lists a whole string of limiting states such as doubt, disappointment, etc. How is self acceptance being enlivened when the opposite states are being given so much attention in the meditation?
Posted By: wim Re: Self Acceptance - 04/15/14 05:33 PM
Words are powerful in that they carry the energy and enliven the very thing, state or experience they describe. This is especially the case when we are in a meditative state.
When overworked or experiencing overwhelm in the midst of intense projects I have found peace and relief doing the meditations in the Changing the Paradigm series. I know it has only been 3 days with the meditation in question, but this particular one may be having the opposite effect...
Posted By: Wendy_Greer Re: Self Acceptance - 04/15/14 10:25 PM
Hi Wim!

I understand what you are saying about the Self Acceptance meditation and am very aware that what people focus on they tend to create more of. That being said, however, I think the intent here is to acknowledge the superficial and contracted states that many people unfortunately connect with when they think about accepting themselves.

Jeddah is simply recognizing these common situations (which are really just experiments that aren’t working very well) and then using the meditation to move us out into experiences of those states with the more expanded energies of love, harmony, light, etc.

Without acknowledging where we are now, it is difficult to move forward because we don’t have any reference points. We might have a very vivid idea of where we want to end up, but setting out on a trip without knowing where you are starting from could be very challenging. It is possible you might eventually end up where you want to be, but it would probably be a circuitous and long winded route.

The “you are here” dot allows you to orient yourself relative to where you want to be. Until we get our heads out of the sand of illusions of incompetency, not enough, doubt, disappointment, etc. it is hard to see the final destination clearly. Pretending they are not there doesn’t do the job. We need to acknowledge what is going on and then do something about it – or perhaps I should say “be something about it!”

Don’t dwell on the perceived “negatives,” but let your energy flow through and around them in as expanded a way as possible. In fact, you might try imagining them as an opportunity to use your meditative muscle to maintain the expansion despite the challenge they present to you. Look at them as a part of The Path.

Much love,
Wendy

Posted By: wim Re: Self Acceptance - 05/13/14 08:31 PM
Thank you Wendy!
I appreciate your reply and I do realize that that is the intent of why she uses the words as she does.

On a different note: I need to see how to receive a notification per email when an inquiry or other gets responded to or I am likely to miss it or find it (as in this case) a month or so later!
Posted By: Wendy_Greer Re: Self Acceptance - 05/19/14 08:48 PM
Hi again, Wim!

Sorry about the delayed response. I had to consult one of our forum experts who knows about the ins and outs of what the forum will do. If you access the FAQ's, there are instructions for getting notifications when a posting has been responded to, although you can usually count on us responding within a couple of days.

I just experimented with the instructions and this seems to be the trail:
From "My Stuff" go to "Watch Lists" then "Edit Watched Topics." You then access "Update Watched Topics" and choose the "Immediately" button under "email Notification."

All the best!
Wendy
Posted By: wim Re: Self Acceptance - 11/05/14 06:10 PM
Thank you Wendy for the instructions on how to receive email notifications when a post/inquiry gets responded to. It is telling that it is November and it is not until now that I see your note from back in May. Busy schedule...that is why I asked about email notifications.
Let me take care of that right now! :-)
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement