Hi Wendy,

In some traditions they talk about permanent healing, when someone feels or let go of an emotion.

Does that happen in Jeddah's teachings? Or do we instead learn to create a new habit so that the emotion won't come up even though it is still there?

Thank you.

Jesper
Hi Jesper!

I think that could go either way, although I think for most people the more expansive new state would override the old contracted pattern because it can't co-exist with the higher frequency of the new belief and the emotion it generates. Sometimes it can feel like a layers of the onion situation, because until the new pattern is foundational to our state of being, the old state can still surface, but in a more and more diluted state.

How does it feel to you in the circumstance you are referencing?

Wendy
Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your reply.

I experience a transmutation of the uncomfortable emotion into a positive one. Later I feel negative emotions in the area, say the solar plexus, more strongly - probably because I become more sensitive or a deeper layer come forth. This all makes sense to me, and I accept that as a part of the process.

The reason I'm asking though is that, as I understand it, trauma is stored in the brain stem and by letting go of the emotions related to the trauma, the trauma gets healed permanently. However, I fear that controlling my states by holding a positive thought/intention will not permanently heal the trauma. Instead there will always be the risk that it shows up if I'm not diligent with my intention. Whereas a healing of the trauma will cause it to never arise again.
Then I was thinking that maybe the trauma does get healed somehow, but that I just don't understand how it occurs. That is why I'm asking you.

Does that make sense?
Hi again, Jesper!

It does make sense, and I know of multiple people who have permanently resolved earlier traumas. It's not a matter of "controlling" the state, because the state no longer exists. We really are powerful beyond belief (once we get out of our own way)!!!

Wendy
Learning Strategies
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement