Posted By: pinksitara Cant complete my assignments - 02/08/10 07:25 AM
Hi Guys, any help would be appreciated. This year I decided to study on a masters program at university to enhance my career prospects. I am having to do this part time in the evenings as I also work full time as well as being a single mother. No matter how hard I try, I am submitting all my assignments in late. I sit down to work on them, but I just cannot focus, my mind goes blank and it is taking me at least 10 times longer than anyone else on the course. Its procrastination and self sabotage on a very deep and subconscious level. I own all of the paraliminal collection and have been listening to Get Around To It every day. Usually this gives me a buzz and I achieve alot in a day. But when it comes to my assignments....nothing. I'm afraid that I always have to make myself suffer and do things in the hardest way possible. Any advice on what can help me would be much appreciated and gratefully recieved!
Posted By: CPW1 Re: Cant complete my assignments - 02/08/10 10:34 PM
I had this problem too and the one thing that helps me (personally) focus the best is a brisk exercise before studying.
Posted By: pinksitara Re: Cant complete my assignments - 02/09/10 05:34 AM
Thanks CPW1, and then you could sit down and focus without your mind wandering everywhere but on your task?
Posted By: CPW1 Re: Cant complete my assignments - 02/09/10 10:23 PM
I focus alot better.
Posted By: pinksitara Re: Cant complete my assignments - 02/09/10 10:40 PM
Thanks again! Will try it. I would also appreciate any help with what paraliminals can help me to stop sabotaging my concentration and stop me making it as hard as possible for myself to succeed.

I have also noticed a previous post on a similar issue, any other advice? I will take on board what has been said there. Alex what do you recommend?
Posted By: CPW1 Re: Cant complete my assignments - 02/10/10 10:30 PM
Automatic Pilot and I also highly suggest a MotivAider
Posted By: pinksitara Re: Cant complete my assignments - 02/11/10 09:41 PM
Never thought of automatic pilot, will try it. I looked up motivaider as I hadnt come across them before. A bit pricey here in the UK. Are they worth it? Do they work?
Posted By: CPW1 Re: Cant complete my assignments - 02/13/10 04:59 AM
I was worth it for me (personally). They are basically timers to help you focus by sending you a Vibration every 10, 20, 60,ect mins you set the MotiveAider on. I (personally) use mine to help me with useless daydreaming throughout the day, For example- when I am at work or driving and get bored I will slip into useless (junk) daydreaming when the MotiveAider vibrates I will start doing constuction daydreaming I has lots of uses I (personally) used mine to shift and change my background noise in my head(self talk)and I imprinted certain affimations, I also used my MotiveAider for Posture correction ,breathing,feeling exercise, positive thinking, ect. and I am about to start using my MotiveAider for the The Works and Portable memory bank exercises.
Posted By: pinksitara Re: Cant complete my assignments - 02/15/10 10:06 AM
I see the benefits of spending that much money now and will be getting a MotivAider. Let see how it goes! It is so true, that my mind also wanders and the task at hand gets left, so hopefully this will help. Thank you for sharing your personal experience CPW1!
Posted By: CPW1 Re: Cant complete my assignments - 02/15/10 04:37 PM
There is also a Watchminder 2 you might want to look and compare the two of them. With the Watchminder 2 it will do the same thing exept you can program the Watchminder 2 to say something like breath across the screen when it go off.Its more expensive, harded to program and more of a headache at first until you get use to programming it. Plus if you put it on Vibrate the batterie will not last that long. I bought both of mine from toolsforwellness heres the link to the WatchMinder 2. http://www.toolsforwellness.com/99758.html
Posted By: pinksitara Re: Cant complete my assignments - 02/15/10 11:44 PM
Cheers CPW1, these things are cheaper in the US than UK. Problem is would have to pay a lot of tax if I order from US. But wow have just realised that it will still be cheaper. Thanks for the link, MotivAider is on special offer! After looking at both of them, I will be getting the MotivAider.
Posted By: CPW1 Re: Cant complete my assignments - 02/16/10 12:42 AM
Another thing give your seeds you plant in your mind aleast 6 months of good care so they become deeply rooted and start off working on no more than 3 things maybe 5 that are the most important to you.
Posted By: pinksitara Re: Cant complete my assignments - 02/22/10 06:51 PM
So you are saying practice your chosen behaviours for at least 6 months for them to become deeply embedded and like 2nd nature?
Posted By: CPW1 Re: Cant complete my assignments - 02/22/10 10:59 PM
 Originally Posted By: pinksitara
So you are saying practice your chosen behaviours for at least 6 months for them to become deeply embedded and like 2nd nature?
Yep 6 months for them to be like 2nd nature but I am also referring to those deeply rooted bad habits we all have or had.Two of my new 6 month habits I am working on right now is to have 90% of my thoughts present/future based and to be reverse paranoid(I am not close but I am getting better) One thing I am looking at right now is a sticky note I posted on my computer wrote in bold print with the 3 month mark I put the note to myself on my computer because I have to look at it 5+ times a day, it is really helping alot.
Posted By: pinksitara Re: Cant complete my assignments - 02/23/10 10:04 PM
Good idea! Dwelling in the past is not good anyway. Computer screen is also a good place for a reminder. I have ordered my MotivAider by the way, hope to receive it very soon, cant wait! I suppose I can set my goals on that too as a reminder throughout the day....
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement