Posted By: TheWhisperer Anxiety-free A vs. B - 07/31/18 04:16 PM
Hello,

I am confused about when to use Anxiety-Free session A, vs. session B. The "Before listening to session ..." section starts with "Think of an anxiety" for both sessions.

Does that mean that the difference between the two is not about the scope addressed, and that they are both to be used for each anxiety ?

If I then start with A, is there a signal to look for as to when to move to session B ?

Thank you for your answer.

All the Best
Posted By: Wendy_Greer Re: Anxiety-free A vs. B - 07/31/18 08:00 PM
Hi Whisperer!

In Session A you are working with a specific anxiety that is generally precipitated by a specific circumstance. In Session B you are working with more amorphous anxieties, which may be more pervasive and don't seem to have a clear or precise cause.

There's no cookie cutter answer to when it's time to move on, but generally there will be a loosening of the intensity of the anxiety you are working with and a sense that it moves through you rather than grabbing hold of you. The energy and power that was bound up in the fearful, anxious thoughts are then available for more constructive and creative outlooks and actions.

All the best!
Wendy Greer
Posted By: ipc33 Re: Anxiety-free A vs. B - 08/09/18 08:40 PM
Hi

Sorry for intruding but does this mean we can use them on their own? Eg. Session B if you have “generalized” anxiety? Anxiety that comes on for no reason? I get this a lot but I also feel this is someone sending me negative thoughts/energy. (PS. Is there paralipomena for that! As to how to protect yourself?
& session A if you know what causes you anxiety?
Thank you 😊
Posted By: Wendy_Greer Re: Anxiety-free A vs. B - 08/10/18 03:20 PM
Hi ipc33!

I think a lot of us use the paraliminals on an "as needed" basis. Trust your intuition if it is telling you to use a particular audio and session for a particular circumstance.

Anything that strengthens your belief in your personal capacities and wisdom will help you to be less influenced by others. I would suggest considering "Belief" and "Self-Esteem Supercharger" as well as "Instantaneous Personal Magnetism" and "Automatic Pilot." "Letting Go" is also helpful because it assists in letting go of whatever barbs have already got their hooks into you.

All the best!
Wendy Greer
Posted By: AngelFly Re: Anxiety-free A vs. B - 11/24/19 05:57 AM
Hello Wendy, could you please clarify.

In the above post you said: "In Session A you are working with a specific anxiety that is generally precipitated by a specific circumstance. In Session B you are working with more amorphous anxieties, which may be more pervasive and don't seem to have a clear or precise cause."

However...

In the manual on pg 12 it specifically says "Session B begins by asking you to identify for yourself the object or situation you fear... Whatever stimulus produces the immediate knee-jerk feeling is referred to as 'that signal' throughout the listening session... Once you identify 'that signal' you have a starting point for more choices that this listening session reveals."

Also...

On page 13, it says: "When using Anxiety-Free-B, you will determine the level of anxiety that would be acceptable during the impending situation of concern." Further down the page it says, "Listen to Anxiety-Free-B before an important performance or starting on a project."

This language seems to contradict what you said.

If I'm wrong, please explain.

I've been trying to figure out what the difference is between session A and B, and when to use each. But the language in the manual is so vague and sloppy, I am very confused. If session B is for more generalized anxiety, then why am I required to identify "that signal" causing the anxiety? I thought session B was for when I do NOT know the cause of the anxiety.

In other words...

Is there really a difference between Session A and B, and if so, what?

Please give specific examples of when and why you would use each.

Thank you.
Posted By: Wendy_Greer Re: Anxiety-free A vs. B - 11/26/19 07:55 PM
Hi AngelFly!

The reason paraliminals work so well is that Paul is a master of the "artfully vague" open ended languaging that allows enough specificity to get you on track and pointed in the right direction, but enough latitude to make it work for your own specific circumstances. Those of us who like to run everything through our logical, linear, pragmatic mind can find this frustrating.

As the manual specifies, Session B asks you to identify the objects or situations you fear. These will generally be more broad-scope and universal than the specific issue and/or circumstance you work with in Session A. The signal or issue you take to Session B can occur in multiple circumstances, such as being in large groups of people. Session A might be used before a family gathering in which you know you will have to interact with a person who always gets under your skin.

Don't get too hung up on the specificity or generality of the occurrence. Just set a clear intention of what you want to achieve, float down the middle of the two voices, and your other than conscious mind will take care of the rest.

As you continue to use the paraliminals, you will gradually develop an inner sense of what will be most effective for what circumstance.

To whatever extent you can, go with the flow, and allow things to evolve and unfold in their own perfect fashion and timing. You don't need to "understand" it, but to allow it to be whatever it is.

Wendy Greer
Posted By: AngelFly Re: Anxiety-free A vs. B - 12/03/19 01:57 AM
Thank you, Wendy. I appreciate your reply. I will follow advice. smile
Posted By: ipc33 Re: Anxiety-free A vs. B - 02/17/20 02:20 AM
Hi all

I wanted to add, I have just found out that wheat has been connected with anxiety, anxiety attecks & panic. Apparently, since the 60's, wheat has been GM (genetically modified). As difficult as it might be, I'd advise anyone with high anxiety, to cut out wheat from diet. At least, try it for about 1-2 weeks (usually 2 weeks gives visible results).
Bach flower remedies Aspen (unknown fears), Mimilus (known fears) , Cherry Plum (fear of loss of control), Red Chestnut (fear for loved ones) & Rock Rose (terror, extreme fear, although Bailey Essence Cyprus Rose is deeper acting) are for different fears. Although they say its better to take flower essences which are made closer to your own living area, so for those in USA, I'd take the FES range.
Of course, caffeine is a big culprit also. I noticed this 20 years ago, since then have cut out caffeine (ESPECIALLY ☕ COFFEE) & it's much better. Even decaf can & does exasperated it, but for some reason, turkish coffee (made the traditional way) does not give me anxiety. I believe it's the acid in the coffee.

Breathing exercises are a great help too but it's difficult to even breathe when one has anxiety, but a very important note here, don't force breathing, breathe from the belly (like babies!), as breathing from the upper diaphragm exasperates anxiety.
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement