Hello everybody,

I was wondering if someone could help me understand a recurring metaphor heard in many paraliminal resets audio narratives. Similar metaphors are present in other paraliminals as well.

During the audio narrative, the narrator evokes a somewhat bucolic scene ("like the open space of a tranquil lake site, with a gentle stream flowing nearby...") which then progresses ("very close to you is the source of this stream, a clean clear spring ever flowing with this refreshing life renewing resources, from deep, deep within the earth ) toward the discovery of some kind of reservoir within your body and/or mind. Note that I've taken these sentences from the paraliminal reset Calm, but, as I said, it seems to be a recurrent metaphor in many paraliminals, so I want to understand it well.

Ok, for starters: it is not clear whether one should directly imagine this nature scene, or maybe let your mind head toward more abstract things (abstract images, free-wandering mind and whatsoever). Which one should be? I guess there is no rule, LOL? Then, again, any suggestions will be appreciated.
But, most importantly: at a certain point, as I mentioned, the paraliminals talks about finding a "reservoir" of some type within yourself (I guess?), from where we can tap the desired energy (i.e., feeling we'd like to shift toward). This clearly seems to be the climaxing point of the listening experience, meant to make you definitely shift your current feelings toward the desired ones (focus, calm, boldness and so on, depending on the chosen reset).
Well, my question is, what would this "reservoir", be, exactly? What should the listener think of? Meaning: is it a specific part of your body that you feel especially "good" when you focus upon it?
Or, is this reservoir maybe a memory through which you can recall moments in your life when you felt [focused, bold, calm.. Depending on the paraliminal]?
Is it something else that I haven't thought of? Is there any feedback or comments available about this?

I would seriously like to properly get what this "reservoir" is, because I believe it would help me to fully benefit from the resets.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ennebe
No answers? I guess everybody's on Facebook nowadays... oh well.
Hi Ennebe!

You are correct that everyone is using facebook far more than the Forum these days. The forum itself will shortly be a “read only” device.

The metaphors and messages in the change work section of a Paraliminal are for the nonconscious mind. They are not intended for the conscious mind. It’s best to just go with the flow of the rhythm of the voices during this section, letting your mind drift. If you find yourself listening to what is in one ear or the other, simply listen and do in your mind whatever it tells you to do without analyzing or second guessing it. Allow your conscious mind to get out of the way.

You might want to build into your intention for listening something along the lines of “I easily and effortlessly flow with whatever images and metaphors appear for me.” You seem to be trying to set in concrete what is purposefully left open-ended. That’s one of the reasons Paraliminals work so well. Paul gives you a nudge in the right direction, but then uses artfully vague language so you finesse your route in a direction that works best for you.

All the best!
Wendy Greer
Thank you for your reply, Wendy.

You will forgive me if I dwell a bit on the "reservoir" aspect of paraliminal resets. Maybe it's because I am an academic, but I really like to dive a little deeper into things and understand how they work. I am familiar with paraliminal structure and language. However, since they are tools designed for a purpose, there should be a clearer explanation of what they are supposed to do and how they work. I agree that they can be structured in an "open-ended" way (a better term than "vague" in my opinion) and that it is best to "go with the flow." In many cases, however, I have found that Paul Scheele is very clear in his explanations (i.e., in his videos and coaching sessions) of what a particular paraliminal should do, what the meaning of a particular metaphor is, etc. That was what I was looking for when I asked my question in this forum.

But enough of that. I now come to my main point, which is: → paraliminal resets talk about finding a kind of "reservoir" within oneself - from which one can tap the "energy" one wants to connect to (i.e., the feeling one wants to switch to). This clearly seems to be the culmination of the listening experience, which is meant to get you to definitely change your current feelings towards the ones you want (concentration, serenity, courage, etc., depending on which reset you choose).

Now my question is, again: what should/would this "reservoir" be? What should/would the listener think of - or, if you prefer: What do listeners usually think of/imagine when asked to find their inner "reservoir"? For example, is it a part of your body that makes you feel particularly "good" when you focus on it? Or is this reservoir perhaps a memory through which you can recall moments in your life when you felt (focused, brave, calm, depending on the paraliminal reset you choose) and then kind of "export" that feeling to your actual situation? Is it something else?

Of course I'll take your advice, but I thought it might have been interesting to get a better understanding of how resets work. Artfully vague language does not necessarily equate to artfully vague explanations, so I think that there could be more to be said about how resets work. Maybe Paul could do a video about them!

Finally: I understand that forums are a bit "old school" these days, that's fine. I'll check back in a month or two.

Thank you again!

Ennebe
Hi again, Ennebe!

Giving you a specific image to think of would tend to neutralize the reason Paraliminals work so well. Paul's "artfully vague" hypnotic language is intended to point you in the right direction and give you a nudge, but you then decide what imagery, direction, and outcome is ideal for your circumstances and goala. If you had ten people using the same Paraliminal, they would come up with ten different answers to your question. That organic and personal approach is what yields such great results foe people of varied backgrounds, ages, cultures, etc.

I spoke with one of the regular Paraliminal users here and he thought you might benefit from the articles you can find under the Paraliminals link on our website - https://www.learningstrategies.com/Paraliminal/Article1.asp . I hope they will answer some of your questions! smile

All the best,
Wendy Greer
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement