Posted By: mgrego2 Automatic Pilot - 12/08/00 02:59 AM
I received AP as a part of the Consistent Achievement product. I've been a little overwhelmed by the process, since I have difficulty coming up with processes to encode in the first place. When I have to start combining them more quickly, I'm even more lost. I've read the tips in the guide but haven't really found them helpful. Is there anyone else out there who has had success with the tape and could provide some help?

Thanks

Posted By: Margaret Re: Automatic Pilot - 12/08/00 03:02 AM
By AP do you mean Awakening Prologue?

Posted By: Margaret Re: Automatic Pilot - 12/08/00 03:04 AM
Sorry, you meant Automatic Pilot!

I have approx. 12 paraliminals but not that one.

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Automatic Pilot - 12/08/00 12:25 PM
I love Automatic Pilot. Ask away!

For the unfamiliar, Side A helps eliminate negative self-talk (which is especially helpful when getting over a soured relationship/for achieving goals, it helps resolve inner dissent). Side B helps vaporize self-sabotage by activating the automatic pilot we all have. Paul accomplishes it by a unique use of the Fibonacci progression. Here he has you rehearsing attaining your goal up to 34 times (I think that's the number) in seven seconds.

It is easy to rehearse something once in seven seconds. To do it 34 times requires that you're firing representations. Very cool. While this is good for most any kind of goal achievement, is is particularly effective for sports performance or anything that requires dexterity--mental or physical.

(As a matter of fact, the Fibonacci progression would make an interesting discussion for anyone wanting to delve further into the subject.)

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: Automatic Pilot - 12/08/00 01:56 PM
OK, so let's talk about the representations. I can understand if you're talking about shooting baskets. There is an easy image. What about less physical goals?

For instance, PhotoReading. Do you represent PhotoReading with an image for each of the steps or do you have a single image that represents all of the steps?

What if I want to improve my follow-through on tasks? What if I want to improve my ability to speak in front of a crowd? Maybe these are not appropriate for this tape. If not, how about a clearer definition of what this tape is good for and what it is not?

Thanks

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Automatic Pilot - 12/09/00 04:05 AM
For PhotoReading: imagine yourself successfully using the PhotoReading whole mind system to attain a purpose. Get it as thorough as possible in seven seconds.

As the process on Automatic Pilot goes on, run the above faster. At five times in seven seconds, it may be five images repeating.

At 21 times, it may be 21 clicks, each representing using the PR WMS.

At 34 times, it may be fast moving stream of clicks or somethings.

Your brain can handle it as long as you don't let your conscious mind rule.

You can use this for most anything, including speaking before a crowd. (Anxiety-Free is superb for speaking when listened to the night before an event. It helps you project strength.)

Posted By: Gregory Re: Automatic Pilot - 12/11/00 06:50 AM
OK Pete. I'll bite.

What is the "Fibonacci progression". I haven't heard of it before. I have this tape and found myself coming out ot state each time I heard the chime. Perhaps if I understand the mechanics of the tape I will be able to put it to better/more effective use. I will be able to use as many tools as I can find and develope for my BIG project that I am working on

Thanks in advance.

Gregory

[This message has been edited by Gregory (edited December 11, 2000).]

Posted By: Paul Re: Automatic Pilot - 12/11/00 08:50 AM
I'm interested in knowing what the "Fibonacci progression" is, too. I heard reference to it on an audiotape by Stuart Wilde, but I think he referred to it as the "Fibonacci Sequence".

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Automatic Pilot - 12/12/00 10:46 PM
The Fibonacci progression follows this pattern: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13,... of which the first two items are 1 and 1 and each succeeding term is the sum of the two immediately preceding.

You will see it showing up all over in nature including in rhythms of the human body. It is represented visually by the curve of the chambered nautilus. There are many theories for how the important the progression is to human behavior, etc.

Doing a quick check on the Internet should provide interesting mullings.

Posted By: Paul Re: Automatic Pilot - 12/13/00 01:04 AM
Whuh...hey! Have we just been politely scolded to do our own homework?

Just teasin', Pete.

I will looking into this, more and more.

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Automatic Pilot - 12/13/00 12:36 PM
Kinda. But it is more that there are only so many seconds in a day. I would ramble for hours--on any number of topics here--if I had more time available for this. It could be a great hobby.

Posted By: Jens Re: Automatic Pilot - 12/28/00 08:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by mgrego2:
I received AP as a part of the Consistent Achievement product. I've been a little overwhelmed by the process, since I have difficulty coming up with processes to encode in the first place. When I have to start combining them more quickly, I'm even more lost. I've read the tips in the guide but haven't really found them helpful. Is there anyone else out there who has had success with the tape and could provide some help?

Thanks

Hello mgrego2,

concerning encoding: I think, you mean how to represent up to 34 times a process in 7 seconds? Well, that's a problem I had to! The technique suggested by Paul Scheele using sounds did not work for me - I'm a more visual type. So I did the following:
I took a piece of paper and draw patterns:
The five of a dice for the five, a little pyramid with ten dots for the ten etc., combining them for the higher numbers. While using Automatic Pilot, I just let the dots flare, firing off the desired behaviour.

Hope this help,

Jens

P.S.: Here's the 10-dot-pyramid:

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: Automatic Pilot - 12/28/00 02:25 PM
Jens,

That's an interesting idea. So you look at the dots and watch them flare up in a pattern that matches the desired quantity? What is the link between the dots and the process? How do you choose which pieces of the process are represented?

I may be over-analyzing this, but I'm trying to decide what I can successfully use AP for and how I can represent those things that I choose to use.

Thanks for your idea.

Posted By: Jens Re: Automatic Pilot - 12/28/00 08:37 PM
quote:

That's an interesting idea. So you look at the dots and watch them flare up in a pattern that matches the desired quantity?

Yes, that's the way I do it. For the smaller numbers I let them flare in sequence, for the larger numbers, I let them flare in numbers that just feel right for me.

quote:

What is the link between the dots and the process? How do you choose which pieces of the process are represented?

Well, when I go through the first sequence of steps to my goal, I notice how this experience, how the accomplishment feels. When firing off the dots, I simply re-experience this feeling, representing all of the steps at once.

Hope this helps,

Jens

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: Automatic Pilot - 01/10/01 02:19 PM
Jens,

I just wanted to thank you for your tips regarding the "Flaring Dot Method." I've finally gotten around to trying it out. It's the first Automatic Pilot-B session that I've listened to without getting stressed out. I'm sure it will have a big impact. Thanks again.

Posted By: Jens Re: Automatic Pilot - 01/10/01 11:04 PM
mgrego2,

glad I could help.

Jens

Posted By: Margaret Re: Automatic Pilot - 01/11/01 09:09 PM
mgrego2 & Jens,

I don't know what you are talking about, but i expect the AP tape to arrive any day now.

I do know that Dana did some coaching w/ me on the phone on how to use this tape. He's never done that b/f.

I really like the concept of the Fibonacci progressions. It really interests me to attempt to experience this concept.

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: Automatic Pilot - 01/11/01 09:52 PM
Margaret,

Once you've evaluated Dana's suggestions, I hope you'll consider sharing them. Once you get the tape and understand what is being asked, you might also consider doing things Jen's way and comparing the two.

Posted By: Margaret Re: Automatic Pilot - 01/22/01 08:45 PM
I am totally confused w/ the AP tape.
I have forgotten everything Dana said to me. It seemed like i really understood him. My goal & the steps are very clear.

How am i to take something that has 10 steps to achieve & see those steps flash 34 times in 7 seconds?

I'm not totally clear on Jens concept either!

Pete you wrote this: Your brain can handle it as long as you don't let your conscious mind rule. I understand this. But, how am i to set my conscious mind aside to do something that takes 10 steps 34 times in 7 seconds. Note: i had to just put it aside b/c my head hurt. But, i feel challenged & excited to grasp this concept.

Help to one and all.........thanks!

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: Automatic Pilot - 01/22/01 09:44 PM
Based on Jen's idea, I created a sheet where I had dots looking like the faces of a die. I would put combinations of the dice to get the particular quantities in the sequence. On the first shot (one-time) I would visualize the whole process and note my feelings as I went through it. When I got to the point that I could no longer visualize the process, I would look at the appropriate line (say 8, 21, whatever) and feel that feeling while imagining some of the dots "flaring" at me. The number of dots I would flare at once would be determined by how many total I had to do. For instance, for 8, I could do one at a time. For 21, I would flare 2 or 3 at a time.

Does that make any sense?

Posted By: Margaret Re: Automatic Pilot - 01/22/01 10:16 PM
mgrego2,
Thanks, it's beginning to...sorta.

How many steps are there to accomplish, for example, your goal?

It seems like it all has to be symbolic in order to process so quickly.

I'm wondering if i could symbolize all the 10 steps into one symbolic image? Do you think this is possible?

Then flash the symbol w/ the dice the way you & Jens do?

Do you mean you see combinations of dice that produce 34? Like 6 6 6 6 6 4?
Does that mean if i have a symbol say, for example, a waving flag in the bright blue sky as a symbol for all my 10 steps, i would just flash that symbol 6 times while seeing the 6 dice?

gosh, i hope this makes sense....

Posted By: Margaret Re: Automatic Pilot - 01/22/01 10:19 PM
mgrego2,

Also, sorry to bother you, but what do you think Pete means when he said it's possible if you just set the conscious mind aside.

I get the impression that this could mean it is possible to just see it all speeded up like a FF thing on the VCR. But, how could one do this?

This tape really has me in a quandry.

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: Automatic Pilot - 01/23/01 03:13 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Margaret:
mgrego2,
Thanks, it's beginning to...sorta.

How many steps are there to accomplish, for example, your goal?

I chose one that I could break down into 4 basic steps. I didn't want to overwhelm myself

It seems like it all has to be symbolic in order to process so quickly.

I'm wondering if i could symbolize all the 10 steps into one symbolic image? Do you think this is possible?

I don't know. My impression was that imagining the steps was important. Perhaps when you're doing it only once, you could use the 10 steps. After that, use the symbolic image along with the feelings that running the 10 steps created in you -- can you pick something with fewer steps to start with or reduce those 10 steps into fewer macro-steps?

Do you mean you see combinations of dice that produce 34? Like 6 6 6 6 6 4?

Yes

Does that mean if i have a symbol say, for example, a waving flag in the bright blue sky as a symbol for all my 10 steps, i would just flash that symbol 6 times while seeing the 6 dice?

That might work. Actually, if you've successfully reduced the steps to 1 image, why couldn't you just see multiple images of the flag (maybe in patterns to match the quantities?) Hopefully, someone with intelligence will step in soon. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: Automatic Pilot - 01/23/01 03:18 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Margaret:
mgrego2,

what do you think Pete means when he said it's possible if you just set the conscious mind aside.

I guess my thought was that, much like PRing, our conscious mind can interfere. The inner mind knows what we are trying to do and can perhaps accept shorthand. By reducing the sequence to a feeling and firing off the dots, Jens is linking the process (feeling) to the quantity (dots). The inner mind then uses that shorthand to replicate the actual sequence much more rapidly than the conscious mind is capable of accomplishing. To me, the key would be to have a good initial representation for the 1-time sequence and then convert to the representation when that is no longer suitable. Of course, I'm just theorizing here...

Jens,

What has been your actual experience after using the tape? Where have you noticed results and how?

Posted By: Margaret Re: Automatic Pilot - 01/23/01 04:00 AM
mgrego2,
Thanks, i'll just have to not be so detailed in my steps. I somehow thought that thoroughness in detailing the steps was a key factor for success.

I really wish people w/ experience, known successful experienc w/ this tape would speak/write up.

Pete says it's one of his favorite tapes. I wish he would explain how he manages to get X number of steps into 34 times in 7 seconds.

It's very challenging to visualize how to do it.

Posted By: Brian649 Re: Automatic Pilot - 01/23/01 04:08 AM
I thought it rather intuitive. Just let it happen. Don't force the thought.

Think of how long it took you to learn to type. At first it was slow, then you carved the neural pathways. Sort of the same thing with Automatic Pilot. Gets so familiar it becomes... well, automatic!

Perhaps, as an exercise, try envisioning electrons moving around their orbits at super speeds. Or, Envision a beam of light traveling through the universe. Think of a sewing machind needle at full speed moving up and down in realtime. Or other incredibly fast things.

Or, in the reverse, just for kicks, envision yourself standing up from the computer and walking to the door in slow motion. Have it take 5 minutes in your mind.

There are no limits on the imagination!!!

Posted By: Jens Re: Automatic Pilot - 01/23/01 08:13 AM
quote:
Jens,

What has been your actual experience after using the tape? Where have you noticed results and how?

Hi mgrego2, Hi Margaret,

first of all: you got right, what I was suggesting.

My goal was to get the mountains of incoming information (books, eMails etc.) into molehills. For this I would take one piece at a time, as soon as possible after coming to me, quickly preview it and sort in categories of urgency/importance, dealing with it right away if need be.
Well, I did AP as part of the Consistent Achievement Course, so I'm not really sure if my better dealing with incoming material can be contributed to to playing with AP. In the last two weeks, my results have gone down again - too much other things to do with our last performances of my amateur drama group. But after AP I definitely felt the will and energy and resources to accomplish my goal. Same with another, more personal goal which, while totally lost out of conscious focus for quite a while, is now getting into full swing.
While writing this, I decided to repeat AP and accompany it with some New Behaviour Generating.

Sorry, for the rambling, but I'm quite tired - time for a nap.

Best luck,

Jens

Posted By: Margaret Re: Automatic Pilot - 01/24/01 12:15 AM
Brian, i am asking how to visualize 10 steps to a goal i have not yet reached 34 times in 7 seconds. This is not like typing b/c i have never done a workshop before. I have attempted to do one in the past & always backed down. I'm sure that after doing a number of them, i could then do the steps faster-------------but at this time it is really impossible due to my total lack of experience in the matter.

The best i can muster is to do the steps in the b/g of the tape. Then form a symbolic image that matches the feelings of success & creativity i hope this endeavor brings to my life. Then do what Jens does w/ the dice, i.e., 6-6-6-6-6-4 ='s 34 or maybe flash the symbolic image very very fast in my inner vision. That could be possible.

I really wish Pete or someone from LS would tell us how they do it. We're all just guessing....it's creative guessing but still guessing. I echo mgrego2's remark that it would be helpful if someone stepped in here w/ some definitive advice.

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Automatic Pilot - 01/24/01 12:10 PM
For me it is a rapid succession of images.

I didn't get it at first when using the tape. After a few listening it came naturally for me.

Some people have a rapid succession of sounds, feelings...play with it to see what works best for you.

This is a slow loading topic, so I will close it off. Feel free to pick it up with the new thread/topic.

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement