Posted By: Pete Bissonette FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/12/00 10:50 PM
...continuing from Feel The Power! - Part 2.

Posted By: whatthe222 Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/12/00 11:44 PM
Brian,

Your right about your prediction. I have to think about this some more... Maybe tonight I'll deprive myself of some theta sleep... :-)

For personality, you might consider adding the sales leap tape.

Posted By: Paul Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/13/00 12:04 AM
Whatthe222,
I suspect that much of this idea of a photographic memory being dangerous comes from A.R. Luria's study of the famous mnemonist Shereshevsky in his book "The Mind of a Mnemonist". Even though his recall was virtually flawless, he apparently could only forget something by an act of will.

I'm not sure that the occasional horror story represents what most people could expect using Memory Supercharger -- even with mega-exposure. And then there's a concern some have that having flawless visual recall (if it exists, which I think it can) would make a person lose the ability to distinguish between vivid imagery and physical reality. I'm not aware of actual cases of this but they may be out there.

Memory Supercharger is designed to spontaneously activate one's recall much more powerfully. I'm not aware that this tape focuses exclusively or primarily on VISUAL recall. It seems to be designed to facilitate recall in whatever way works best for the listener. From what I've read, most people with highly developed recall abilities rely on synesthesia (overlapping of different sensory input) even though one sensory channel, such as visual, might be dominant. I think the danger of any negative fallout here is extremely remote.

BTW, Richard Bandler describes a process in "Use Your Brain for Change" that could be useful if confusing imagery with reality ever were to become a problem. He basically has you go in and alter the way your internal pictures are structured. Maybe this could provide a way for the mind to easily distinguish between internal pictures and external input, no matter how vivid.

Brian,
Your experience with the chopsticks was exactly the kind of small-scale, barely noticeable expression of 'genius' I was referring to earlier. Sure, it's everyday stuff, but kind of exhilerating when you notice it, no?

BTW, while we're speaking of combined tape sessions, I'd love to try:

Self-Esteem Supercharger and
Holiday Cheer

--never have another down day again? Be in a perpetual state of joy?

Cheers

Posted By: Brian649 Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/13/00 04:37 AM
whatthe222,
Could you send me the web address where I may purchase the Silent Stim tape which you mentioned--with UHF and 3D Environment? I can't seem to locate that specific tape.
Thanks,
Brian

Posted By: Gregory Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/13/00 04:48 AM
Hi Paul,
you speculated about a perpetual state of joy being possible. There might be an easier way than going through all of the trouble of modifying paraliminal tapes and listening to them over and over and over and...

Perhaps you might consider the Euphoria! course. I don't have it at this point but am planning getting it soon. My understanding is that this course provides the type of relaxation, joy, happiness, and love that you may be looking for. Check it out.

I have been folloeing this discussion since it started with much interest. There is an aquaintence of mine that only get 3-4 hrs of sleep a night since childhood. He also has some major health problems that noone has been able to help him with.

Having said that, a few years ago I came across a sleep study where an individual was lowered into a cave for three or four months with out any way of marking time. After a few days his sleep cycle adjusted to 4 hrs of sleep every 25 hrs. (about 3.5 hrs per day). The authors of the study speculated that we don't do this naturally because of training from childhood, habit and the cycles of the sun.

I tried to get my sleep down to the level of the individual cited earlier and failed miserably. Being as how I only need 6 to 6.5 hrs of sleep a day, I have found that my problem resides in wasting the time that I have. Something I am working on. Thats my $.02

Greg

Posted By: whatthe222 Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/13/00 05:16 AM
Brian,

You can get it from Centerpointe (www.centerpointe.com) The program isn't listed on their site, you have to call them. Their number is 1800 954 2741.

Paul,

Shereshevsky didn't have a photographic memory per se. That term reffers to eidedic memory, or a perfect recall of the orriginal image - some some faint association.

I don't think the perception of such people comes from Luria's book, because it isn't read by the vast majority of the public. A more plausible explination would be from the movie Rain Man.

...would make a person lose the ability to distinguish between vivid imagery and physical reality.

Thats an interesting thought. I wonder just what it is that makes people with photographic memories a wee bit out of touch with reality. Saying which, I do know some people with that kind of memory who don't exhibit these traits - but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

As a thought, it may just be because of the processing priorities in such people. To borrow the computer analagy, most people seem to have some kind of multi-processing going on. They both attempt to remember and process the information simultaneously, with mixed results.

At the other end of the extreme, you have peole with eidetic memories who only remember, and then you have those like Einstein who only processed. As an example, someone once asked einstein the speed of sound - something most school kids know today. He said he had no idea, and didn't bother memorizing information he can easily look up in an encyclopedia. He thought commiting such things to memory consumed precious brain cells, which should be jealeously preserved items of more import.

You could take this one step further - we know from photoreading that everything (at least if we wanted it to) enters the other -than - concious mind. Now, if we could find someway to access that information later, then maybe retroactively memorizing it, we could have both a perfect memory and devote more of our attention span to processing...

Sorry everyone... Excuse my rambling

Posted By: Paul Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/13/00 05:29 AM
Greg,
Funny you should say that, I thought of the Euphoria! course right after I posted. I'll definitely be paying attention to what the people here to have say about it. They couldn't have picked a better title. I understand there's a special Euphoria! paraliminal that goes with it as well.

That was a real thought-provoking read about the person being lowered into the cave. In some strange way, it makes more sense than 8-hour conditioned pattern most of us follow.

Brian,
I had the Silent Sub. website bookmarked. I clicked on it and it's apparently no longer in existence. I don't know if they're at a new address or not. If you do an engine search with "Whole Brain Learning Institute", you might find something. I believe that's the same company.

Posted By: Paul Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/13/00 05:43 AM
Guess you can disregard that lead, looks like there's a better one.

Posted By: Paul Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/13/00 05:44 AM
Disregard MY I mean, to clarify.

Posted By: Brian649 Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/13/00 06:11 AM
Gregory, thanks for jumping in! That's phenomenal news about the 3.5 hours--gives me hope!

Regarding the relationship between belief and sleep, Anthony Robbins writes:
"while there are physical needs for the body, they vary from person to person. But everyone is taught the same number and so it becomes a belief system. And whatever you believe, you'll feel in your body."

When I first read this, my eyes did a double take. Months later, after purchasing the Belief Paraliminal... *big broad-assed smile* I eradicated the belief that I needed 8 hours of sleep with Paul Scheele's NLP tape, and replaced it a more fanciful belief.

Bloody ingeniuous, if I don't say so myself!

I didn't mention this before, because I don't (DO NOT) recommend that anyone try it... UNLESS you practice the ULTIMATE in healthy habits ie Alkaline Diet, easily digestible food, deep breathing sessions, enormous amounts of water, trampolining for lymph, wheatgrass, magnetic therapy, etc.

The idea being that if you keep your cells healthy, you won't have to waste energy rebuilding what you've torn down. With average health habits, enormous levels of toxicity and acidity build up within us. One of the many reasons we NEED sleep is to act as a buffer against high acidity and to cleanse toxins.

When the silent stim tape arrives--I'm going to put all this knowledge together into one master anti-sleep system.

FEEL THE POWER!
Brian

Posted By: whatthe222 Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/13/00 02:07 PM
Brian,

Can you clarify the need for wheatgrass and magentic therapy? The magnetic therapy is a contentious issue lately. What results have you found?

Posted By: Brian649 Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/13/00 07:47 PM
Can you clarify the need for wheatgrass?

Wheatgrass is the single most nutritious species on the planet—plant, animal, or fungi. It has all the vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, amino acids--everything that the body needs. In fact, you can live on this stuff from the day you are born to the day you die. We tend to not assimilate supplements—90% or so is passed through urine. Green Grasses are a whole-food, meaning that if you take 3 doses or tbl, you are actually supplying 3 servings of green vegetables with the near perfect absorption that that implies. Wheatgrass also has a tremendously alkalizing effect on the body. According to Dr. Young, abnormal amounts of acidity in modern diets (from alcohol, meat, dairy, sugar, yeast) is the sole cause of sickness and abnormal tiredness. Personally, I have not gotten sick in almost 16 months. Also, applying the principles of Alkalization alone reduced my need for sleep by about 1.5 hours.

Alkalization =
Freedom from sickness
Energy without limit

Can you clarify the need for magnetic therapy?

Alas, here I do not have any personal experience. The product I wish to buy is beyond my bohemian budget--$500 for a bed of magnets. The theory is that all of the daily stresses and traumas of modern life disrupt the negative charges of our red blood cells. This causes them to clump together instead of staying apart. When this happens, the blood cells move more slowly, thus limiting your oxygen intake. When you limit your oxygen intake, your cells begin to weaken and die. Because magnetic therapy strengthens the negative charge of the blood cells, you require less time during sleep for damage control.

Something tells me that there is a link between magnetic therapy, highly charged food, building chi, and the Tomatis effect… would make for great research.

Some websites for further information: www.magneticosleep.com www.supergreens.com http://www.dreamlife.com/course/course.asp?course_id=1081&cat=1

Posted By: Gregory Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/14/00 07:28 AM
Hi Brian,

You quoted the following regarding magnet therapy:
The theory is that all of the daily stresses and traumas of modern life disrupt the negative charges of our red blood cells. This causes them to clump together instead of staying apart. When this happens, the blood cells move more slowly, thus limiting your oxygen intake. When you limit your oxygen intake, your cells begin to weaken and die. Because magnetic therapy strengthens the negative charge of the blood cells, you require less time during sleep for damage control.

I think a physiology lesson is in order here so that you may better understand and analyze what you are doing with your body. If I sound condescending I apologize as it is unintentional. Sorry if I ramble a bit.

Gases are exchanged in the lungs as we all know. In order for this to occur, the individual blood cells are brought into very close proximity to the lining of the lungs. This is done through a narrowing of the blood vessels from the pulmonary arteries (about the same diameter as a garden hose) down to capillaries. Capillaries are so norrow that blood cells can only pass through the vessels one at a time in single file (much like the check out line at the grocery store). If the blood cells were to clump together (as the theory states), the blood cells would not be able to pass through the capillaries (depending on the affinity of the attraction between the individual RBC's).

Oxygenation of the tissues occurs in the same manner except that the gas exchange in the tissues is reversed from the lungs. In the lungs; CO, CO2, and other gases are deposited and oxygen taken up. In the tissues oxygen is deposited and other gases are picked up.

Now as for pushing the blood through the blood vessels. That is determined by the blood pressure. The blood pressure is regulated by more mechanisms than I can explain here (CO2 levels, vagus nerve stimulation, % body fat, etc...). One possible determining factor could be the thickness of the blood. The thicker the blood is, more difficult it is to push through the blood vessels resulting in increased blood pressure. The thickness of the blood in a healthy individual is mostly determined by your fluid intake. That is one of the reasons why you start to get headaches if you don't drink enough fluids. You start to get dehydrated, the blood thickens and the pressure goes up (not to mention the chemical changes going on in your body from a lack of water).

Can the charging of the RBC's (red blood cells) decrease the viscosity? I can't speak to it as I have not seen or heard about any studies on the subject. I do know that if you slouch you interfere with your breathing mechanisms potentially leading to an alkaline chemistry in your body. Alkaline chemistry actually sensitizes the nerve cells that are responsible for carrying pain information from your body to your brain for interpretation. Alkalinity also changes the chemistry of the brain which can lead to abnormal homonal release which can really mess up your system! My advice is to BE CAREFUL! If some activity starts to cause aches and pains when it didn't used to bother you, you may want to seriously think about what you are doing with your chemistry.

Body chemistry, physiology, and mechanics are extremely complicated and not fully understood by anyone at this point in time. All those drugs that are on the market are very well researched, but you are an individual and there is no-one else on this planet that will respond to a drug (or other chemical) in the exact same way as you do. Thats why there are so many POSSIBLE side effects listed in those drug adds you see in most magazines.

I also know that there are many reasons so many people are having problems with thier health. 1.) sedentary lifestyle, 2.) eating poor quality food (McDonalds instead of home cooked), 3.) flexion dominate activities, 4.) altering body chemistry through drugs and other means, 5.) not getting proper health care for injuries leading to functional adaptations leading to pain and other problems, 6.) etc...

I have not yet seen or heard of any studies that support any use of magnets for the reasons that the company is promoting. I have heard of a study done this last summer that concluded that magnets don't work. I haven't read the study so I don't know how it was done or what they based thier results on.
Having said that, I have talked with people who swear that they were saved by magnet therapy and others who've said that it was a waste of money for them. I don't know if they do anything or not. So experiment if you want. I know I wouldn't spend $500 on this kind of research because my personal opinion is that I don't believe it would do any good.

If you have any questions please ask me or search out a biochemist (easily found at most colleges/universities) and ask them.

I hope this has been informative for all.

Gregory

Posted By: Brian649 Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/14/00 09:21 AM
WOW.

How does one reply to such a message...

You must be a doctor?

uh...
RIGHT,

I'm just a dabbler, a generalist who is looking for some clear-cut practical techniques to aid in living a successful life. What little I know is taken mostly from websites, personal experimentation, and books on western and eastern philosophy, self-improvement, consciousness, health, and accelerated learning.

You don't really find the sort of detail you provided in books produced for mass-consumption.

In fact, I feel silly responding to your message, as I have only a functional knowledge on the topic.

If the blood cells were to clump together (as the theory states), the blood cells would not be able to pass through the capillaries

I don't see why you assume that blood flow in the lungs would stop because RBC’s clump together. The theory simply says that they ‘clump together and therefore move *more slowly*’. If they must 'go one by one' through the capillaries, then you can see how this would cause a slight backlog. I do know from reading the blurbs on many websites that magnetic therapy improves circulation by allowing blood vessels to relax and dilate, allowing a greater volume of blood to flow through.

The thicker the blood is, more difficult it is to push through the blood vessels resulting in increased blood pressure. The thickness of the blood in a healthy individual is mostly determined by your fluid intake.

Absolutely, that is the prime reason why Dr. Young recommends drinking a minimum of one gallon of water each day. That is, ‘minimum’.

Body chemistry, physiology, and mechanics are extremely complicated and not fully understood by anyone at this point in time.

Look, all a body really needs to know about alkalization is drink lots of water, eat plenty of green vegetables, and avoid acid addictions like dairy, sugar, meat, caffeine, and yeast! You don’t need to know anything about biochemistry for this. I’ve never heard anywhere by anyone that eating vegetables in the extreme is a bad thing. I regularly get over 20 servings of vegetables each day. I’m a staunch vegan. In fact, if more people would do the above, I think that would be a doctor’s dream... (or nightmare). I’m telling you, I have not gotten sick in nearly 16 months and I don’t think that I ever will again. Also, my sleep needs decreased naturally by 1.5 hours after a time, and I simply do not experience fatigue during the day. I realize that the claims I just made appear beyond belief, but that is my reality.

Though I respect your obviously superior knowledge, and though this area has not been studied to anyone’s satisfaction, I’m not about to discount these results and go back to a traditional FDA recommended food pyramid. I prefer to trust my own intuition and witnessed results when determing what is proper for my body.

For those of you out there who are interested in exploring this further, check out:
Sick and Tired? : Reclaim Your Inner Terrain by Dr. Robert Young
It is both outrageous and accessible. And, in all likelihood, will change your life forever.

Peace

Posted By: Paul Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/14/00 10:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by whatthe222:

Shereshevsky didn't have a photographic memory per se. That term reffers to eidedic memory, or a perfect recall of the orriginal image - some some faint association.

You're right. I didn't really mean to suggest that Shereshevksy had a 'photographic memory'. He apparently used a form of synesthesia transforming sounds into visual imagery. I cited his example mainly because in the popular version of things, concepts like "great memory" and "photographic memory" and "good recall" are all sort of jumbled together. They're used synonymously, even though they technically aren't. I was considering a link between this (in some circles) widely known case and the idea some people have that a photographic memory would detrimental, in some way.

quote:

I don't think the perception of such people comes from Luria's book, because it isn't read by the vast majority of the public. A more plausible explination would be from the movie Rain Man..

True. The book did, however, influenced a lot of people in psychology and cognitive science -- who, at least indirectly, must have helped shape public perception of what a person with a phenomenal memory is like. I'm guessing here, of course. Since this was the most well-known and widely referred to case study, I think much was read into that one example. Prior to the sixties, memory was not studied much and information about these kinds of people were in short supply.

I also agree the Rain Man example is the most well-known example, although I think the notion that "powerful recall equals serious deficiency in other area(s)" was around before this movie. He was an autistic man who happened to have amazing recall and there are many documented cases like him.

My main reason for my earlier post was that I didn't want people to get the idea that using Memory Supercharger might be detrimental if they use it often. Probably not a major concern with most, but I'd chime in about it. I believe someone who is consciously setting out to maximize their recall ability was this tape is likely to have only positive experiences with it.

I have -- and I love this tape!

quote:

if we could find someway to access that information later, then maybe retroactively memorizing it, we could have both a perfect memory and devote more of our attention span to processing...

That's a great thought. I'm all for that.

Posted By: Margaret Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/14/00 10:13 PM
Magnets have helped me tremendously....no question about it.

I've had Lyme disease 3 times & my joints are not what they used to be. I get instant relief that often lasts long after the magnet is removed. I use the small 9,000 gaus ones w/ a tiny indent that makes it easy to see which side is north.

If you don't get relief w/n 10-15 minutes, then they aren't working for you.

What about the concept that gravity is really the force we call love?

Posted By: Brian649 Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/14/00 11:16 PM
There is never not an interesting post on this board! It's uncanny!!!

So, Margaret, tell me about the relationship between gravity and love...

You know, I really have this feeling that magnets, the tomatis effect, energy work, telekinesis, yogic breathing and stretching, and highly energized food are all doing the same thing--supercharging our cells--but by different methods.

Posted By: Margaret Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/15/00 01:11 AM
Brian,
I read that somewhere. Some scientist said that perhaps when we finally come to an understanding of gravitational forces, it's possible that we would be able to call it love.

For me, it was an intuition as i read it. That's thanks to LS & PhRing. I seem to be much more intuitive when i skitter now.

It seems very obvious to me that love & gravity are probably the same kind of forces. It's probably outrageous to say this but if you carry over the concept: Just as the physical body has its instincts; and the psyche has its instincts also called archetypes. Intuitively i see a connection b/t the physical instincts and the psyche's archetypes. I attach gravity w/ the physical foundation of the world. But there is also the world of the psyche/soul/spirit & the foundation of that world is love. You could just as easily say the physical world & the spirit world are just levels of consciousness. *whatever* I'm not particularly interested in the scientific explanation anyway. I've noticed that during my lifetime, many scientific concepts that appear to be so innovative were only things i intuited when i was younger.

Brian, you are definitely on the right track. I hope you are able to sustain your interest throughout your life.

You know, I really have this feeling that magnets, the tomatis effect, energy work, telekinesis, yogic breathing and stretching, and highly energized food are all doing the same thing--supercharging our cells--but by different methods. [/B][/QUOTE]

Posted By: Gregory Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/15/00 01:15 AM
Hi Brian,

I applaud you for trying to improve yourself and your quest for health and success.

No, you don't generally find info like what I gave in general public libraries. It's a shame and frustrates me continually. I have many technical interests and when I go to my local public library, I find that the majority of books available there are geared towords mass consumption. So I have some difficulty when I try to find something technical. I often have to go to the BIG CITY and look for the info there.

There is no reason to feel silly asking questions, seeking knowledge, or responding to my posts. I dtected some deffensiveness in your response. Sorry. I didn't mean to put you on the spot. I am only trying to help you understand better how your body works so that you can make better judgements about how to take care of yourself. If you don't want the info I present, ignore my posts. :P

Yes I am a doctor and enjoy helping people immensly. I am a Chiropractor and have been in practice for around 10 years now. I would be very happy if the general public were healthier than at this point in time.

Let me clear up some info for you. All blood vessels have smooth muscle fibers in thier walls to allow for a change in diameter to help regulate blood flow through the tissue. If the muscles tighten, the diameter narrows, the less blood flows through the tissue. This can develop to the point where the tissue turnes a blueish hue due to tissue hypoxia and is most commonly seen in conditions of extreme cold.

If RBC's clump together strongly enough, they form what is called a blood clot (or emboli). This blood clot then acts like a stopper in a drain, either severely restricting or outright stopping the blood flow through a particular vessel. This can lead to tissue necrosis (death) if the blood flow is decreased enough. (Thats what heart attacks and strokes are all about and why they can be so damaging/traumatic.)

If there are enough blood clots present in the blood stream (or a few that are large enough), they can effectively block enough blood vessels in the tissue (typically in the lungs first, then in the brain depending on where the clots form) to cause necrosis of the tissue and possible death for the individual. If the clot is small and a small enough tissue is affected, the person will not see any effects. However, this condition can easily lead to death.

If the RBC's are just slightly attracted to each other I suppose it could slow the blood flow through the tissue and could lead to decreased oxygenation of the tissue with the inherent results. However this could be overcome by various means of compensation that are available to the body. I haven't heard about this theory before your post and don't know about the validity of the theory. I would have to think about it for a while to determine if the theory had merit. I am not inclined to do that at this moment.

Now, I don't know how magnet therapy effects the blood flow through body tissue as I haven't seen any studies on this topic. I also haven't seen any studies on magnet therapy itself. I've only heard about the study done this last summer and referred to that in my last post. Sorry if I didn't make that more clear. I know nothing of the validity or effectiveness of magnet therapy and am not interested in proving or disproving it at this point in my life. There are other things that are more important to me right now.

I am not trying to belittle your point of view by any means. I am happy that your health has improved so dramatically. The only potential problem with remaining on a strict vegan diet is that getting enough protein in your diet for normal body functioning may be very difficult. Also, there are certain vitamines or enzymes that can only be found, obtained, or manufatured from animal protein. Don't ask me which ones as I don't remember. It's been more than 10 years since I looked at that info. At that time a few cases were presented to the class where strict vegans ended up in the hospital for dietary defficiancies.

A text that you may find interesting is titled "clinical Nutrition for pain, inflammation and tissue healing" by David Seaman copyright 1998. You can find it at www.NutrAnalysis.com. Everything in the text is supported and referranced by published scientific nutritional studies. If you want to better understand what you are doing with your diet, check out the text.

If you are happy with your diet and lifestyle; more powere to you. I don't have a problem with that and am not trying to recruit you or anyone else to one lifestyle or another. If youre happy thats all that counts.

Sincerely,
Gregory

Posted By: whatthe222 Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/15/00 01:29 AM
Brian And Gregory,

Alpha Lipoic Acid and Vitamin B12 are two things that are only present in Red meat. You can get them in supplement form, but I don't know how effective they are.

ALA is essential for good memory and brain function.

It would also be interesting to note that in Okinawa, where the main staple was fish, people lived amazingly long.

Posted By: Gregory Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/15/00 01:31 AM
Let me say this one more time just to make sure I get this across.

I do not know if magnet therapy works or not as I have not had any experience with it and have not seen any studies that say it works. I have some patients who swear by it and others who swear at it.

If you think it might help, try it. Thats all I know about magnet therapy.

Sincerely,
Gregory

Posted By: Paul Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/15/00 03:03 AM
Margaret,
Just to through my dollar in: your pondering of gravity being a force of love reminds of something I read once. It was an old exercise book written by a chiropracter and he commented something like (paraphrasing), "that demon called gravity". He was referring to the effects gravity had over time on sedentary lives. I didn't particularly like his characterization but could see that he had a point. I also thought, "sheesh -- lighten up a little, guy!"

Personally, I see the effect of gravity being potentially very empowering, if harnessed correctly. All forms of resistance exercise either directly use or mimmick the effects of gravity. I bought a rebounder (mini-trampoline) in '92 and when I use it daily, my energy level and sense of well-being are wonderfully enhanced. When I finish with a session I'm exhilerated, not tired.

I personally like your concept of gravity better.

Posted By: Brian649 Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/15/00 03:19 AM
However did we get into this discussion?

(Paul, rebounding is phenomenal!!! 30 times more lymph pumping than usual. +The second of weightlessness saturates the brain with blood!!!! Plus, I use it for a couple minutes between every half hour of studying to re-energize. Good stuff!)

I’m actually an Alkilarian, not a vegan—I just call myself a vegan, because I don’t want to freak people out. When you tell someone you’re an Alkilarian, they think you are saying that you are a citizen of the planet Alkilon!!!

The breakdown of the actual Alkaline diet is:
10% oils (olive oil)
10% refined carbohydrates (rice, pasta, grains)
8-10% proteins (nuts, beans, fish)
60% vegetables (ALL)
5-10% non-acid producing, low-sugar fruit (berries, apples, grapes, pears, peaches, plums, nectarines)

So you cover the bases in terms of Omega-3. Also, small amounts of B-12 are contained in wheat grass—it may contain alpha-lipoic acid as well. Actually, I thought the body created alpha-lipoic acid on its own?

So, Dr. Young leaves room for some fish and carbs, and you get a pretty even spacing across the board, with over half the emphasis on vegetables.

As for the protein, I’ve noticed no symptoms of deficiency and I lift as well. Actually, I do a very divergent form of strength training known as ‘static contraction’. You lift once every week and for 10 minutes only. Inconceivably, this yields 33% to 100% faster results than those who go to the gym to lift 3 days a week for 60-90 minutes. The book, Fit for Life, explains the whole protein myth.

Like Alice, I tend to believe 3 impossible things before breakfast!!!

Also, I try not to be rigid in regard to diet. If I’m at a birthday part and there’s cake… well then, bring it on! Same with the occasional weekend escape into alcoholic bliss. I learned from meditation and eastern philosophy that rigid and dogmatic things snap, whereas supple and adaptable things are longer lasting.

Actually, Gregory, if you have time, could you do a favor for me? Could you check out: http://www.dreamlife.com/course/course.asp?course_id=1081&cat=1
and tell me if you find any faults with what it advocates?
It’s a very simple, ultra-basic, and free online course that supposedly contains the *ideal* health habits. Seriously. You obviously are very well informed, and any new insights you could bring me regarding the *long-term effects* of these habits on my health that simply imperceptible to my *feeling* would be of great help. I only feel the energy and the absence of sickness—there may be something I’m missing, which I cannot perceive.

One of the reasons that I’m so enamored with the exploration of the other-than-conscious mind is that there is so much left to discover! It’s virgin territory--one of the last frontiers.

And . . . because so little is known, ‘anyone’ could potentially make an earth-shattering discovery . . . and in his basement.

Posted By: Mike Kovacs Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/15/00 03:46 AM
......um i'm new....what is this stuff you guys are talking about? I'm curious...

Posted By: Mike Kovacs Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/15/00 03:56 AM
and what is with this photographic memory and this supercharger tape stuff?

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: FEEL THE POWER! - Part 3 - 12/15/00 04:06 AM
Onward to Part 4!

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement