Posted By: Peter Gay Friendly? - 08/28/01 01:33 AM
Is this forum gay friendly?

If so, what Paraliminal tapes would be good to help a guy in his twenties with coming out.

If not, f*** off! (Just joking.)

Posted By: Amangino Re: Gay Friendly? - 08/28/01 04:03 PM
Self Esteem Supercharger, Get It Done

Posted By: MikeB Re: Gay Friendly? - 08/29/01 05:19 AM
You might also try Instantaneous Personal Magnetism and model someone who has already "come out" that you admire.

Mike

Posted By: Sidis Re: Gay Friendly? - 08/29/01 03:40 AM
Coming out as a homosexual isn't a big deal and I don't see why one would make it into one.

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Gay Friendly? - 08/29/01 11:16 AM
You've come to a good place. We have thousands, if not tens of thousands, of gay men and women as clients and customers. Most of our members would be supportive of you; the others, I hope, would have the decency to keep hushed.

Of all the Paraliminals, Belief is probably the most useful. At least that is what many have told me.

It supports that you are able to live in this world as a gay man and will be able to develop a strong, lasting relationship with another man. Since the world you must live into is different than the world you grew up expecting, Belief can be a great ally.

Anxiety-Free will help quell any anxieties and fears, and help you project strength. This is very useful when telling people you are gay. So is Self-Esteem Supercharger (which is also good when things don't go as well as you would have liked).

New History Generator can help clean up things from the past, especially any less than favorable comments friends and family may have made about gay people. It can also help with any memories of people calling you sissy, fag, etc.

Sidis is right that coming out as a homosexual is no big deal, if it wasn't for all of the other messages you may have received through your life. Some of the messages are positive that may have prepared a straight kid for a picket fence, wife, two kids, and Rover--those can frustrate and confuse a gay kid trying to navigate through his teens. And some of the messages are hurtful, and their is no need to go into them here.

Personal Celebration is also very, very supportive.

And, practicing Spring Forest Qigong will help build your energy for protection as well as living powerfully in the world.

Posted By: slithy toves Re: Gay Friendly? - 08/30/01 03:49 AM
Apparently, I'm the only person offended by this question. Does this DF need to be gay friendly? Vegetarian friendly? Buddhist friendly? What does any of that have to do with the discussions that take place in this DF?

I should be able to accept you as a human being without regard to your sexual preference, religious background, race, socio-economic status, or any of those factors. Why can't I accept you as Peter? Why do we need to discuss the issue of your orientation unless it relates directly to the paraliminals? Why not skip the "gay friendly" question and proceed directly to...Will paraliminals assist me as I choose to share my sexual orientation with my friends and family? That's a question that can be directly addressed and does not put anyone in the position of deciding if they are "gay friendly" or not. I'm willing to bet that most on this DF are "Friendly" and would be willing to contribute to your journey in any way they can.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gay Friendly? - 08/30/01 05:33 AM
I agree completely with you. There might by
some sane gay people in this forum who never
make some noise about it. They are just paraliminal users as everyone else.
However, an increasing number of homosexuals
are trying to create some special attention
and demand acceptance. I see some degree of
force in this attitude.

Posted By: Imagineez Re: Gay Friendly? - 08/30/01 07:32 AM
Pete: Thanks so much Pete. I really appreciate your response. I find that my own level of self-acceptance has impacted the way I function professionally in my training in emergency medicine. Self-confidence is my main theme, and I fully believe that if I accepted myself even more so for who I am, it would be reflected in my work. I know I'd perform better and be a better physician. I have really been trying to work on this and have prayed for some answers. And tonight I saw your message. Thank you again! I have had wonderful success with the paraliminals, and am now inspired to add Anxiety-free, Belief, and Personal Celebration to my collection. My own personal happiness would have taken longer to achieve if I didn't have my paraliminals (namely Personal genius, self-esteem s/c, and Deep Relaxation).

Peter: Just be "normal" about it. That's helped me immensely. If you're normal about it, how can people react otherwise? If you're defensive or embarrased about it, people will react to that. Just look at some of the responses in this forum. Some of the responses show you that it doesn't need to be a big deal, and if you're normal about who you are, you'll meet and attract people who will always appreciate you for you. The totality of your being is NOT your sexuality. Remember that sexuality is only a small part of who we truly are. Good luck to you.

Posted By: Darth Vader Re: Gay Friendly? - 09/18/01 09:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by slithy toves:
Apparently, I'm the only person offended by this question. Does this DF need to be gay friendly? Vegetarian friendly? Buddhist friendly? What does any of that have to do with the discussions that take place in this DF?

I should be able to accept you as a human being without regard to your sexual preference, religious background, race, socio-economic status, or any of those factors. Why can't I accept you as Peter? Why do we need to discuss the issue of your orientation unless it relates directly to the paraliminals? Why not skip the "gay friendly" question and proceed directly to...Will paraliminals assist me as I choose to share my sexual orientation with my friends and family? That's a question that can be directly addressed and does not put anyone in the position of deciding if they are "gay friendly" or not. I'm willing to bet that most on this DF are "Friendly" and would be willing to contribute to your journey in any way they can.

Whoa! Uptight!

I think that, if you read Peter's post again, you will see that he did ask a question that related directly to the use of Paraliminals.

Good luck Peter!

Posted By: slithy toves Re: Gay Friendly? - 09/18/01 10:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Darth Vader:
[B] Whoa! Uptight!

Alright, perhaps you're right. I indicated that Peter's second question was a valid one. Whether I'm "gay friendly" or not (whatever that means), I'm capable of empathizing. I can only imagine the daily personal stress of living as something you're not and worrying about the people you care about finding out. That's a true and important concern that deserves to be dealt with. Peter is on a difficult journey and we should be willing to help him out.

Perhaps I'm just put off by the current "in your face" gay agenda. I watch American TV these days and wonder where the minorities have gone. Every show has at least one gay person, though. Is this really representative of reality? If I didn't live here, I'd assume that America was half gay and most of the non-whites had moved somewhere else.

So, back to the point, is the first question really relevant? I think not. Ask the second question and count on support from a good group of people.

Now, let the charges of gay bashing begin...

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Gay Friendly? - 09/19/01 11:56 AM
My guess is that his question was more of an ice breaker.

If having positive role models on TV is part of a gay agenda, fantastic.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gay Friendly? - 09/20/01 07:23 AM
Well, I am not afraid to be politically incorect here.
In my opinion homosexuallity is a perverted
life-style. It is NOT a crime and should
be tolerated but not promoted especially not
as equal to heterosexuallity.

Posted By: slithy toves Re: Gay Friendly? - 09/20/01 06:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Pete Bissonette:
If having positive role models on TV is part of a gay agenda, fantastic.

Give me a break. It has nothing to do with having positive role models. If a young gay man or woman wants a positive role model, there are plenty of successful gay people to choose from. How many people are shallow enough to look to television characters as role models?

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Gay Friendly? - 09/21/01 11:23 AM
Whether people should look to television for role models is moot. They do. By the millions. It simply is a fact of life.

Television, whether fiction or nonfiction, impinges on people's lives.

Posted By: Susan Re: Gay Friendly? - 09/21/01 07:08 PM
I find it very offensive that we should attack this man simply because he was testing to see if it was ok to post his question here. I am sure it was very difficult for him to do so. As for the person who wrote that homosexuality is perverse, I totally disagree. You are entitled to your opinion, but noone asked you what you thought, and that fact you are using this forum as a way to make this man feel worse makes me sick. Keep your opinions to yourself. Let us hope you never have something about you that you cannot change that makes others attack you for it.

Posted By: Imagineez Re: Gay Friendly? - 09/22/01 12:40 AM
Comments like this just come from projections of a person's own fear and their lack of self-understanding. People are who they are, but the NEED to assert an opinion like this, especially when not asked for it, speaks much more of the person than they realize. Let's try to have compassion for these people.

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Gay Friendly? - 09/22/01 02:05 PM
I'm reminded of an older man who called in the early 1990s wanting a quantity discount on 100 New Behavior Generators. He was going to send them to "queers" in his community to help them change.

By the end of the conversation he ordered 101 Self-Esteem Superchargers at full price. We found an organization in his area with a gay outreach program who enthusiastically accepted the donation of 100 tapes. And we sent the 101st to the man on the phone.

Posted By: jonah Re: Gay Friendly? - 09/22/01 03:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Pete Bissonette:
I'm reminded of an older man who called in the early 1990s wanting a quantity discount on 100 New Behavior Generators. He was going to send them to "queers" in his community to help them change.

By the end of the conversation he ordered 101 Self-Esteem Superchargers at full price. We found an organization in his area with a gay outreach program who enthusiastically accepted the donation of 100 tapes. And we sent the 101st to the man on the phone.

Good One, Pete. I just wonder, why, in this day and age, why people make such a big deal over sex--straight or gay. People should be
accepted for their contributions to society and not judged on their sexual preferance.
jonah

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gay Friendly? - 09/22/01 11:04 PM
"The most courageous act
is still to think for yourself.
Aloud"

COCO CHANEL

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Gay Friendly? - 09/23/01 04:37 PM
It is interesting that you would quote a lesbian.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gay Friendly? - 09/23/01 07:01 PM
I don't not know whether you are correct here. She probably had some lesbian affairs
the gay movement today claiming here as one of theirs, but as far as I know she had a hell of lot of male lovers.
In fact she was quite promiscuis.

[This message has been edited by Jodokus (edited September 23, 2001).]

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement