Posted By: crazy08 Telekinesis - 08/31/01 05:58 AM
Has anyone ever tried anything with telekinesis, teleportation or telepathy using paraliminals?

Ever since I was a little kid I've been fascinated by the concept. If you have any insights, comments, or suggestions please let me know.

This may be a far stretch, but is there anyone out there that possesses those abilities? I'd be interested to hear about it.

crazy08 (hoping to get a flaming folder on this subject, hehehe)

Posted By: BubblesOfEvil Re: Telekinesis - 08/31/01 08:58 PM
oh, you'll get a flaming folder, allright. You'll also get flamed. But I also think this'll turn out to be a very interesting thread. Personally? I've tried TK and gotten some results, and not due to air currents (DUH!!). I mean jesus, If I was gonna attempt TK, I would do it in a windless room, not a flatbed truck.

I await my flaming with great interest!!

Posted By: Margaret Re: Telekinesis - 08/31/01 09:44 PM
Do a search using the word "telekinesis" and you'll find tons of info. Hope you enjoy reading.

Posted By: crazy08 Re: Telekinesis - 08/31/01 11:11 PM
Bubbles,

Please tell me more about your attempts.

crazy08

Posted By: Andy030 Re: Telekinesis - 09/04/01 07:20 AM
In the movie "The Matrix" the kid that's bending spoons said it's not the spoon that bends, IT'S YOU.

So maybe instead of picking things up with our minds we're supposed to walk over and pick them up ourselves. If our mind controls our body technically it's our mind doing it in the end. I'm kidding around, I just don't have any idea how they do it.

At a spiritual talk I attended once someone asked a question about psychic stuff and the speaker said "you can't decide between white bread and wheat bread and you want to levitate things?"

Posted By: BubblesOfEvil Re: Telekinesis - 09/06/01 12:34 AM
MY attemps? hm. Well, I was sent a paper triangle by... um... an anonymous donor *wink wink*. It's basically a square of paper creased & lightly folded so that it's center can rest on a needle. You try to spin it. What I'll do is I'll put my hands around it and WAIT, so that the "air currents" can't affect it. After a few seconds, I'll concentrate on moving it. After some time (it can vary), it will begin to move. I have often gotten very impressive results - it will start to spin, than it will start going the other way AND ACCELERATE to about 45RPM!! Very cool. And no, I wasn't doing this on the back of a flatbed truck going down the interstate; I was doing it in my room with the AC off and the windows closed; no air currents could have affected it. (Yes, I made sure about my breathing.) So, let me reiterate when I say:

I await my flaming with great interest!!

(That quote's in line for the signature file. <g> )

Posted By: jonah Re: Telekinesis - 09/06/01 02:34 AM
If a person was really interested in telekinesis, they might want to try to PR and Direct Learn books on/about Uri Geller, the great TK expert(or, atleast, best known)
in the 20th century. You might also try the paraliminal tape New Behavior. hope this helps and good luck.
jonah

[This message has been edited by jonah (edited September 05, 2001).]

Posted By: harmony4rich Re: Telekinesis - 09/07/01 05:49 AM
I will not recommend photoreading Uri Geller's books as PBS had a documentary about how Johnny Carson and ??? revealed that Uri is a fraud. Find one who can pass any scientific scrutiny....

Posted By: jonah Re: Telekinesis - 09/07/01 03:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by harmony4rich:
I will not recommend photoreading Uri Geller's books as PBS had a documentary about how Johnny Carson and ??? revealed that Uri is a fraud. Find one who can pass any scientific scrutiny....

Thanks for the input, I hadn't heard about that. jonah

Posted By: crazy08 Re: Telekinesis - 09/08/01 04:14 AM
I thought that the weight of the object would be insignificant, since you're not using physical force to move it. By that I mean like the difference between levetating a piece of paper or a nice fist sized rock.

What tapes did you use, if any?

Posted By: BubblesOfEvil Re: Telekinesis - 09/14/01 06:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by High_Life_Guy:
BubblesOfEvil,

I have had the same experience! I read a book [Mind Over Matter by ? Auerbach] and thought it a load of BS until I tried it.

Mind over Matter?? Thanx for the reference!!! Now to pay $5 for inter-library loan YEAH RIGHT. I'd rather buy it. =)

quote:

Funny, when you believe it will happen, it does. There was no wind in the room and I focused all my energy and pictured in my mind's eye that the paper moved... it was moving and I wasn't imagining it anymore - it went very fast, but the moment I broke concentration I stopped! It didn't slow down it just stopped.

I know, isn't it weird?? It just comes to a DEAD STOP. When it's rotating, it's a very smooth motion, isn't it?? When you blow on it or something, it's very wobbly.

quote:

According to the book you can practice until you move onto other objects as far as weight and size are concerned, ie a pencil, maybe a truck later on LOL.

I'll have to try stuff like that; I need more variety than the paper triangle has to offer!!

quote:

This post has me practicing again. Who knows maybe I saw what I wanted to see. But hey it was pleasing to see it, right?

H.

Hey, there's not one flame on this thread yet!!! That's really cool.

Posted By: Lomas Re: Telekinesis - 11/05/01 06:06 AM
I first saw telekinesis in action while videoconferencing (see here). It is one of those things that has changed my perception of reality!

A recent story:
I explained that telekinesis is possible to my brother’s friend. He of course didn't believe me. So I set up a straw on a glass, made sure there was no wind, and...told him to move it with his mind. He did almost immediately! (He still doesn't believe it.)

[This message has been edited by Lomas (edited November 04, 2001).]

Posted By: glasseagle Re: Telekinesis - 11/28/01 01:13 AM
That is so cool il have to try to learn that stuff

Posted By: glasseagle Re: Telekinesis - 11/28/01 01:58 AM
just wanted to make a flame

Posted By: glasseagle Re: Telekinesis - 11/28/01 02:48 AM
its me again can someone tell me how to compleatly quiet the mind i mean i like have to focous on somthing like breathing or space or vast darkness but even then i find miself talking to myself how is this done

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Telekinesis - 12/10/01 08:17 PM
There are many ways to quiet the mind. Mind talk is not unusual. The key is to direct the mind talk away from the past or the future onto the present. Play with it.

Posted By: Glenwood Re: Telekinesis - 05/26/02 07:45 AM
Getting a piece of paper to spin on a needle sounds like a sort of homemade Egely Wheel. Since they really don't know what makes the Egely Wheel spin, "It just does", I wonder if it's the same factors at work here.

For more info on the Egely Wheel see:

www.toolsforwellness.com

Posted By: Neo-Matrix Re: Telekinesis - 06/13/02 03:28 AM
its just your imagination... or like Oija boards, its just the devil (the "spirits" are talking to you...) telekinesis doesnt exist it isnt within our power. you cant find a book or article about TK which has passed scientific tests because none of them have, telekinesis is not in our control but maybe a superior being like the dark fallen angel could stop by long enough to spin a paper to make a bunch of people beleive in the supernatural being in their control. exploring the mind is different than exploring supernatural powers.

Posted By: Magician Re: Telekinesis - 06/16/02 05:24 AM
Alright... I've been, for a long time, looking into telekenisis. I've read about making the flame on a candle grow, and shrink etc, the pingpong ball in the water... I CANNOT seem to clear my mind of anything. I try, and cannot hold one thought in my head... Is this necessary? I will try the paper spinning trick.. THat sounds like it would be fun..

*help*

Posted By: Magician Re: Telekinesis - 06/16/02 05:40 AM
Addition...
I posted the last one about 10 minutes ago... AND I FINALLY DID IT!! it didnt move very far, but spun slowly for a few seconds... THATS COOL AS .. thats just cool.. i'm all excited now.. thanks for the input gentalmen and ladies

Posted By: Legedien Re: Telekinesis - 07/19/02 02:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Magician:
Addition...
I posted the last one about 10 minutes ago... AND I FINALLY DID IT!! it didnt move very far, but spun slowly for a few seconds... THATS COOL AS .. thats just cool.. i'm all excited now.. thanks for the input gentalmen and ladies

For as long as I can remember I've been interested in TK, but only the last year I've been practicing it... without any success *duh*. The latest months I've read ALOT about it, gotten lots of tips and are now going to try the "spinning paper" thing. Thanks to High_Life_Guy!

I just have such problems (as many others) to relax and REALLY focus... but I feel inspired reading your messages! *thnx*

Posted By: Cheezy Moogle Re: Telekinesis - 07/20/02 08:16 AM
I've been interested in TK since I saw Star Wars when I was 5, and I really need to try the paper square thingy

Posted By: PhoenixMDM Re: Telekinesis - 08/06/02 04:04 AM
I will try the paper trick tomorrow. I've done a different one quite efficiently though!

1. Tie a small, weighted object (i find iron works best) to the end of a string.
2. Hold the string in your fingers so it hangs about 8-12 inches down.
3. Concentrate on the object, and visualize it swinging back and forth, while thinking in your mind "YES" as confidently as you can.
4. Thinking "NO" and visualizing it going in a circle makes it go in a circle.

Once you're experienced enough, you can do it without the YES and NO, but they make it easier, or so it seems.

I once moved a similar pendulum from a few meters away and was controlling the spin of it. Really creeped out my freinds who were with me. I haven't been able to do it again though...

Posted By: P. Brain Re: Telekinesis - 08/06/02 07:18 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Pete Bissonette:
There are many ways to quiet the mind. Mind talk is not unusual. The key is to direct the mind talk away from the past or the future onto the present. Play with it.

Richard Bandler wrote in Time for a Change that one way to stop the inner dialogue is to kill yourself

Posted By: focuskid Re: Telekinesis - 08/13/02 04:48 AM
There is an ex-magician/millionaire (The Great Randy I think his name is) that is offering One Million Dollars (U.S.F.) to anyone who can prove they have any kind of paranormal powers ( Telepathy, telekenisis, etc...). The would be candidate must state his/her ability and undergo some tests designed by The Great Randy to prove that they if fact posess those abilities.
Many took the challenge and not a single one walked away with the prize! The Great Randy professes that the paranormal is mostly a hoax. He has exposed many claiming to have paranormal powers (and I think Uri Geller avoids him like the plague).
I don't competely agree with him, but he does force you to look at the paranormal with a more critical eye, which is better than being taken in by a fraud.

[This message has been edited by focuskid (edited August 12, 2002).]

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement