Posted By: Xehupatl Sedona - 04/09/02 06:25 AM
uh oh ..
I was thinking of buying the Sedona Method Audio course, and I was thinking if anybody knew the stuff and liked it.
The thing is that they have you do something called "releasing" and immediately I thouhgt of Natural Brilliance ... is the Sedona release like the Natural Brilliance one? Is it more powerful; would it strengthen the Natural Brilliance Model?
Thanks
stefan

Posted By: AlexK Re: Sedona - 04/09/02 10:53 AM
I purchased the Sedona Method course a year ago and found it great. It goes into specific areas of releasing (letting go of emotions about things, people and situations) using specific question initially. I haven't got the Natural Brilliance course yet but can admit without having done the Sedona method course I wouldn't be here. It helped me let go of a lot of worries in my life and come to terms with things.

Lost of hearing (retirement on medical ground - redundancy unable to use phone)
Loss of employment (5 years unemployed)
Loss of home (no income to cover mortgage)
A relationship that ended ("can't handle your hearing impairment")
And this year I turned 40
Living on a disability pension, which just pays my rent. (Food, clothes, utilities, etc are luxuries LOL)

Chances are the Natural Brilliance course already covers it or has similarities. Side 1 of the first tape from the Sedona course is one of the Utopia tapes.

Why not slow down and work with one method for a while? Beware of the monkey mind that keeps jumping from one shinny stone to another dropping one valuable gem for a brighter looking one. Keep the gems you already found by working with them and making them yours.

(Although the Sedona Method may help you 'release' from the frustrating search for the answer to the 'meaning of life'.) I found it to be a good course in that it brought me peace of mind. I guess it created a sort of flow 24/7 for me not the bells and whistle kind that everyone seems to be looking for (I was too) but now I let go of the anxiety of trying to find that and am growing into it more and more each day. Kind of like when you give up looking it finds you.

What ever you decide it will no doubt be the right decision for you

Alex

Posted By: AlexK Re: Sedona - 04/09/02 10:54 AM
I purchased the Sedona Method course a year ago and found it great. It goes into specific areas of releasing (letting go of emotions about things, people and situations) using specific question initially. I haven't got the Natural Brilliance course yet but can admit without having done the Sedona method course I wouldn't be here. It helped me let go of a lot of worries in my life and come to terms with things.

Lost of hearing (retirement on medical ground - redundancy unable to use phone)
Loss of employment (5 years unemployed)
Loss of home (no income to cover mortgage)
A relationship that ended ("can't handle your hearing impairment")
And this year I turned 40
Living on a disability pension, which just pays my rent. (Food, clothes, utilities, etc are luxuries LOL)

Chances are the Natural Brilliance course already covers it or has similarities. Side 1 of the first tape from the Sedona course is one of the Euphoria tapes.

Why not slow down and work with one method for a while? Beware of the monkey mind that keeps jumping from one shinny stone to another dropping one valuable gem for a brighter looking one. Keep the gems you already found by working with them and making them yours.

(Although the Sedona Method may help you 'release' from the frustrating search for the answer to the 'meaning of life'.) I found it to be a good course in that it brought me peace of mind. I guess it created a sort of flow 24/7 for me not the bells and whistle kind that everyone seems to be looking for (I was too) but now I let go of the anxiety of trying to find that and am growing into it more and more each day. Kind of like when you give up looking it finds you.

What ever you decide it will no doubt be the right decision for you

Alex

Posted By: Sandy Millies Re: Sedona - 04/09/02 02:37 PM
Xehupati,

If you've done the Natural Brilliance course you know that it involves four steps: Release, Notice, Respond, and Witness. The Sedona Method is similar to the Release step. When you release, you let go, getting rid of stress and begin to relax. The Sedona Method is similar, since it is a way of letting go of unwanted feelings. It is just a different way of letting go. For some people, the Release step is enough. For others, who need more, the other three steps of the Natural Brilliance model are what they need to accomplish their goals.

Posted By: Xehupatl Re: Sedona - 04/09/02 06:38 PM
thanks for all your answers.
Hey AlexK thanks for the monkey analogy, that really helped. I'm on a relatively tight budget and I even though I would have gotten the Sedona course for $190 with shipping paid, I didn't. For now I'll stick with the Natural Brilliance model ... I mean I don't want to go into overdrive ... it's like buying a dozen books on fitness, you'd be better off with one and sticking to it than with 100 without knowing whats best ...
For now I'll stick with LSC
thanks
stefan

Posted By: AlexK Re: Sedona - 04/10/02 10:33 AM
Glad to have helped. I'm sure the Sedona Method will still be around if you want to try it later.

I'll be able to compare the two courses once I've received the Natural Brilliance course myself. Be happy to let you know how it compares for me.

Alex

Posted By: Xehupatl Re: Sedona - 04/10/02 02:41 PM
LOL you're not gonna beleive this the Sedona course just came with UPS
damn they shipped it so fast I had no time to stop it
hahaa well seems the monkey had its way with the shiny stuff
okaayy .. so noo weight bench for me this month
I'll just check it out I guess ... now .. that I've got it ... hmpf
LOL ... lil monkey steven getting his way again ... there goes my pay-check!
no way I'm going to send this baby back; it'd cost me tha purchase price again to send a package back to America ...
well hell I paid $100 less than the normal price ...
see ya

Posted By: AlexK Re: Sedona - 04/11/02 05:49 AM
Need to keep an eye on that Monkey, hey? Now make 'em both work! LOL

I'd like to know what you think of the course. It got me out of serious depression since it really concentates on the emotions that we attach to thing/situation/people.

Alex

Posted By: Margaret Re: Sedona - 04/10/02 09:17 PM
No the Sedona course is not like the NB course in approach. Both can be used together, but they are definitely different.

If i was to attempt to ascertain the differences it would be:

NB works with paraliminals for releasing and a drawn model that is filled in.

Sedona works with direct releasing using questions: could you? would you? when?

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited April 10, 2002).]

Posted By: focuskid Re: Sedona - 04/11/02 01:53 AM
I agree with Margaret that the Sedona method is different in many respects to Natural Brilliance (I have both courses). Natural Brilliance uses a conscience and other-than-conscience aproach, although the Release/Notice part of the conscious program is not as emphasized as in Sedona.
I wouldn't worry about having both courses, they can complement each other quite nicely. Looking at Releasing techniques from two different viewpoints (Sedona & NB) can't be bad!

[This message has been edited by focuskid (edited April 10, 2002).]

Posted By: focuskid Re: Sedona - 04/11/02 02:12 AM
Need to keep an eye on that Monkey, hey? Now make 'em both work! LOL
I'd like to know what you think of the course. It got me out of serious depression since it really concentates on the emotions that we attach to thing/situation/people.

Alex

AlexK: The best way for me to compare NB to Sedona is that Sedona emphasizes working with your emotions in your conscious state far more than NB. NB follows a model (Release/Notice/Respond/Witness) and guides you through them. Although the course doesn't seem to go too deeply into each phase of the model, the paraliminal learning sessions are the other side of the conscioussness learning coin. I must say that I really liked this model and I'm still adding to it and tweaking it for my own needs (ei.: I've added Sedona techniques as part of the Releasing phase of NB.).

Posted By: Margaret Re: Sedona - 04/11/02 03:37 AM
nice post focus, i'm pretty much doing the same as you

Posted By: Xehupatl Re: Sedona - 04/11/02 04:38 AM
I'd guess that NB specifically approaches Stuck States and resolves them, where the Sedona method just plain wiped out the effect "other-than-love-emotions" have on you; I've been through the first tape and I must say I like it ...

while we're at it:
AlexK or Margaret, or anybody who's involved with Sedona; have you had the chance to come into contact with any other of their programs, such as holistic releasing, or the other 4 volumes of the "happiness is free" - book?

thanks
stefan

Posted By: AlexK Re: Sedona - 04/11/02 05:24 AM
LOL I am definately not worried about having both courses, you learn a lot by trying different things.

I have the other 4 books. They are similar to the first one. I also have the holistic releasing tapes. Practical Freedom and Absolute freedom which I obtained last November.

Each tape is filled with polarity questions repeated a few times. Like ...
Can you allow yourself to have as much money as you have - then the question can you allow yourself to have as little money as you have.

It's briefly explained in the book. But listening to the tapes you sort of come across a paradox and sort of let go cause you just realised something deep. (That experience is difficult to explain and has to be experienced.) So be sure to try the ones in the book.

If you want to learn from someone giving you 'information' and 'how to' on these tapes you're not going to get it... They are not lessons and nothing like the Sedona Course itself.

You plop the tape in and get asked the questions. You try to 'feel' the answer because they make you explore yourself. You don't need the tapes for that, you can write your own questions. The are a few examples in the book.

The tapes are easy though. They keep you focused on the questions. Hale has already come up with questions that create a breakthrough in the way you look at things.

Getting the holistic tapes is something I definately wouldn't rush. I don't think they would have worked half as well for me if I hadn't incubated the Sedona Course. I can imagine some people being disappointed in the tapes question after question repeated and no answers.

Hope this answers your question Xehupatl.

Alex

Posted By: Xehupatl Re: Sedona - 04/11/02 09:56 AM
mmkay thanks!

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: Sedona - 04/12/02 03:42 PM
Can someone provide a little more detail to the course? Based on the tape from the Euphoria course (and the tape Sedona sends you), it seems like such a simple process. How does this simple process translate into 10 tapes? Are there additional techniques or is there a lot of redundancy? None of the supporting info really discusses the contents of the tapes.

Thanks

Posted By: weight39doug Re: Sedona - 04/13/02 05:49 AM
The first half of my course goes into detail about those simple questions. Basically it explains the nuances of releasing and areas that you can apply this too (finances, relationships, etc).

The second half of the course teaches a new releasing technique that I found extremely effective.

If someone doesn't have a releasing partner there is a program that you can modify to ask Sedona questions if you like. The program is located at http://net-prophet.net/ucp/

You just have to modify the wave files to ask Sedona questions (definitely modify the picture "Witness.jpg" because nobody wants to be looking at that guy). Although I find the questions used in this program quite effective. The website is a little cheesy but the program is pretty effective.

Posted By: Frodo02 Re: Sedona - 04/13/02 02:30 AM
AlexK

Suggestions: Get yourself a hearing aid and
seek professional help to get over all those
limiting beliefs such as:

No employment above forty.
and others.

If you need a recomendation then let me know.

Cheers

Tony

Posted By: AlexK Re: Sedona - 04/13/02 06:22 AM
Frodo02

LOL good one . I do have hearing aids and I am 93% deaf... I *celebrated* my 40th birthday... I see no limits... I *never* stated that I thought there were no jobs after 40 that was your creative mind that thought that... my point about turning 40 this year was more intended as an indication of my youth and the fact that I still have a life ahead of me...

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited April 13, 2002).]

Posted By: Frodo02 Re: Sedona - 04/13/02 10:13 AM
Sorry Alex,

I must have gotten it wrong. So many people
think that when they hit 40 all the job opportunities are gone. I too thought so some years ago until I found out otherwise.

Cheers

Tony

Posted By: AlexK Re: Sedona - 04/13/02 03:41 PM
Frodo02

No problem mate I have in fact noticed that people reaching 40 do tend to panic...

Alex

Posted By: allenhm Re: Sedona - 04/15/02 11:15 PM
Just thought I'd let you all know that, on the 6th of april, I turned 47 . Still no panicking!!!!!!! .

Posted By: Margaret Re: Sedona - 04/16/02 01:17 AM
Well guys i'm 54 & am working on a new adventure presently.

When i turned 50 it felt so liberating. My parents are 81 & are more active than anyone i know... I mean they make sandwiches for the poor and deliver them every other week.

40ty is kid stuff on our block

Posted By: allenhm Re: Sedona - 04/16/02 02:57 AM
HHEELLOOO MARGARET!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Frodo02 Re: Sedona - 04/16/02 10:19 AM
Hi all,

Back to the Sedona question. From my experience the Sedona Method works fine.
The advantage is that I can use it wherever I am. It is quick and effectiv. However,
it takes some time and a bit of self-discipline to make it a habit.

Tony

Posted By: Glenwood Re: Sedona - 05/26/02 08:14 AM

If anyone has any experinces with Holosync from Centerpointe, could you say whether it's effective for releasing?

Posted By: Sandy Millies Re: Sedona - 05/26/02 03:28 PM
Bill Harris, of Centerpointe Research Institute, contributed to the Euphoria Personal Learning Course. He developed a unique audio technology called Holosync. When you listen to the tape, you enter a deep meditative state. Holosync actually creates brain wave patterns of deep meditation. It's very interesting to listen to and very relaxing, I think it certainly helps you release. It's more of an overall sense of peace. Unlike Sedona, which after listening you can "use" any time simply by asking yourself certain questions to begin releasing feelings, usually I'll put the Centerpointe tape in and listen, in order to enter a state of release.

[This message has been edited by Sandy Millies (edited May 26, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Sandy Millies (edited May 26, 2002).]

Posted By: Glenwood Re: Sedona - 06/02/02 04:12 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sandy Millies:
Unlike Sedona... usually I'll put the Centerpointe tape in and listen, in order to enter a state of release.

Thanks Sandy. Sounds like the Holosync is more passive but requires meditation time whereas Sedona is an active method that can be done anytime. From reading the posts, it looks like there are several people that use all three: NB, Holosync, and Sedona. Some people also do Silva! Where do they find the time?

Xehupatl: Now that you've had some time to work with Sedona, I was wondering if you've had any new insights with it?

[This message has been edited by Glenwood (edited June 01, 2002).]

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement