Posted By: tall_sided putting my paramlinals onto CD - 08/26/02 06:01 PM
I was trying to figure out how I might be able to get my tapes onto CD. I like the format of CD much better and I think if I'm more comfortable with it than I might have more luck with the paraliminals. Anyone know how to accurately transfer the audio from tape to CD effectively? Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Posted By: Netwire Re: putting my paramlinals onto CD - 08/27/02 06:39 AM
Hi, this is a good thing to do if you want the tape to play all night, or have others relax. To get the tape on the pc you need to use a audio cable to go from the headphones port on the tape player, to the line-in of your soundcard. You can then use a program to record and save the tape as a .mp3, then burn add it to a cd.

Posted By: tool Re: putting my paramlinals onto CD - 08/27/02 06:53 PM
You rock!I've been wondering if this could be done, and how to do it.Thanks.

Posted By: tool Re: putting my paramlinals onto CD - 08/28/02 04:23 AM
I got the cord and mp3 program,everything works fine except I don't get the "this voice should be in your right ear" to come through or record?What can I do?

Posted By: Netwire Re: putting my paramlinals onto CD - 08/28/02 05:03 AM
Insure that your sound card supports Sterio on the Line-In and that the cable your using supports Sterio. Also, may be the program your using. I use Sound Forge.

Posted By: BubblesOfEvil Re: putting my paramlinals onto CD - 09/05/02 10:36 PM
Use a stereo patch cable.

Posted By: tool Re: putting my paramlinals onto CD - 09/06/02 03:18 AM
I got the stereo patch cable and everything works fine.Thanks for replies,they've been very helpful.

Posted By: tall_sided Re: putting my paramlinals onto CD - 09/07/02 04:47 PM
Can the sound recorder included with Windows substitute for Sound Forge as your choice for transferring audio tape audio to CD? Thanks.

Posted By: Xzalibur Re: putting my paramlinals onto CD - 09/08/02 06:33 PM
For best quality you should use the line out port on your stereo, only problem is that alot of stereos don't have that port. But if you do you don't have to worry about the volume on your stereo and the quality is superior to phones out.

Posted By: SkepticDude Re: putting my paramlinals onto CD - 09/24/02 05:14 AM

So seriously nothings lost here, its just left and right channels ?

Posted By: James 1 Re: putting my paramlinals onto CD - 09/25/02 09:54 PM
This is a good idea but you will need audio out cables for it to be good quality, if not your stereo settings will be a problem, like bass,treble settings and volume. And software to convert it to a WAV file.

[This message has been edited by James 1 (edited September 25, 2002).]

Posted By: Neo-Matrix Re: putting my paramlinals onto CD - 09/28/02 06:28 AM
i made CD's of the entire photoreading system... and a couple of paraliminal CD's. my only problem is my CD player spins very loudly, and my headphones hurt my ears. although if you have a comfortable quiet way to listen, i think CD's are great.

Posted By: j031p Re: putting my paramlinals onto CD - 10/13/02 06:17 PM
However, be aware that when you convert to a MP3, there will some sort of loss in quality. I don't know much about paraliminal tapes, but if there are hidden sounds and voices, it might not pick up when you turn the paraliminal into a MP3.

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement