Posted By: AMS Is this a Contradiction? - 04/22/04 11:20 AM
Hi
When began the course, doing the Feeling exercise enjoying all feelings i have with no judjments or labelings, then Paule asked me in session 4 to list 7 things i have and like them , 7 things i have but don't like to have, and 7 things i wish i had. When i tried listing those things and without any intention, i began to inquire each one, removing, adding and change!
So,, am i begining to have any contradiction between what i want and what i don't want?
Is this because of the Feeling exercise?
Isn't it better to list those things before doing the feeling exercise?

Any suggesion would be helpful.

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Is this a Contradiction? - 04/22/04 03:42 PM
Possibly it is from the Feeling exercise and Probably it is from the fact that you are actually writing down your goals.

A lot of us think we know what we want so we don't write it down and also notice that it doesn't manifest in our lives as we think we would like it to.

When we start writing them down we start thinking more about them so we start noticing the internal conflict that has been taking place that prevented us from attaining our goals. So we need to start really polishing them. That's why the Feeling Exercise and the Inquiry Process is so important.

This is one of the things that has always frustrated me personally whenever I endeavoured to write down my goals. That's why I loved the ClearMind - Bright Future e-course that Paul put together. I finally managed to put my goals in writing in 3 hours. Because the process was timed I had to say focused. To make sure the goals that I had written down were the ones I wanted Paul lead me through visualization exercises short but effective for getting clear on my goal.

It was the first time I had goals written down and a couple of them have manifested in the past 5 months. The others are still progressing as planned.

I just realised that a whole lot more is manifesting than I realised lately.

Alex.

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited April 22, 2004).]

Posted By: Iam2 Re: Is this a Contradiction? - 04/24/04 10:50 PM
AMS

I wouldn't attribute it solely to the Feelings Exercise. It is probably a bunch of the course material working within you.

I went to the retreat with only three goals, instead of the six I believe we were supposed to have. I held fast to my primary goal throughout the retreat. Although my Labyrinth experience told me that it was not important.

I have undergone a continuing change of my goals. They are still forming and changing. However, some essential elements are consistent. I think it a process of balancing what I used to call / consider goals and what I now consider to be truly important. Although I haven't completely let go or abandoned the old goals. I still look to find the ones that are truly in harmony with me.

Maybe I read something inappropriate into your reply AMS, but I though I saw a mirror of some part of my experience.

I hope I've helped.

You are perfection.
Iam2

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement