Posted By: sjaykum1 Life seems overwhelming and complicated. - 05/03/04 03:44 AM
Right now life seems overwhelming and complicated.

I did meet with a friend i met over the internet from a real estate investing web site www.creonline.com chat. She mentioned about how it sucked that I did not get started and offered to mentor me and encouraged me to get bandit signs and do other marketing. But I am still unsure or having a little anxiety about this. I did order the bandit signs and magnetic car signs.

Right now I have a number of things I am dealing with. Last week I did not meet my weekly sales goal. I went to two job fairs. I get tired out very easily when I try to clean and organize my house. I have to set up an eye exam and get new glasses before I get a full time job because my health insurance is free for the moment.

I have not gone to my Bujinkan taijutsu class in weeks. I have not gone to the gym in a week. When I went it was only one day in the week. I am at the point were I am about to cancel my membership to the Y. I used to several years ago try to go everyday even though I was no expert in working out. I mean i do dream about having better abs.

I guess this confusion about how I will make a good living and what I will do for a job or living has my mind boggled. I mean I know making a good living and being at a job that I will be happy in will make everything else easy because I live in an environment were everything costs money.

I cant seem to figure anything out. I wish I could give all my problems to GOD and rest.

Life seems to complicated for me. I worry whether I will ever meet the right girl.

Parag

Parag,

Set about writing out your goals and if you need help or coaching with it you know what to do.

Work through the course in a CD 1 CD2 CD3 fashion... and I mean work with it. Stop/pause when Paul gives you a suggestion and asks you to write. The more you jump around with indecision the more it will remain confusing. Try climing the stairs one at time. One can run up them faster than trying to step up 3 or 4 in one leap.

Alex

i have been also overeating and eating to feel better. I am not as disciplined as used to be in eating.

Parag

Posted By: Iam2 Re: Life seems overwhelming and complicated. - 05/03/04 01:37 PM
Two thoughts come to mind from your post.

Balances is the first one. There are several aspects of your life. Do not put all your energy in the pursuit of one.

The second is you can give all your problems to God. However, can you be happy with what is given to you? Can you be content that what you receive is what you truly need? Do you want to create your life? Do you want to control your life? Be sure that what you create is what you want and need.

Think about what is the difference between a Want, a Goal, and a Need. I would suggest that you take care of your needs first. Then select from your wants which you will make goals.

Lots of people say they have goals, but they just have a big pile of wants.

I'll tack on an idea I've heard expressed around here. Namely, that you are undergoing a transformation. Many beliefs are battling for priority and some may be lost and some may gain greater dominance. Your transition is a natural one. I not saying it's the only mechanism for change (some would), but it is a change. You will come out the otherside. You can see yourself coming out the otherside better than you were or worse, you can control it.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Have you considered looking for a job you might enjoy rather than a job that is advertised to get you money quickly?

What do you like to do? What are you good at? What would you enjoy doing? Could it be possible for you to do a job that doesn't pay a lot, but pays enough to keep you comfortable and paying the bills on time and at the same time makes you happy?

Dude, to be honest, it sounds like you have been trying to find the easy way out with various things, and you've been screwing yourself as a result.

I don't know what you need to help you. My guess is some cold water and a wake up call.

LISTEN to Alex for God's sake. Go through the course sequentially. Do a little work. It's fairly easy just to sit, think, dream, and write.

If you don't take advantages that are right in front of you to make things better, you have no one to blame but yourself.

That job at Tweeter Entertainment were they sell home entertainment souned it. I mean I thought it would be exciting to learn about Home entertainment stuff. It pays a low hourly rate plus commission.

This week I, starting tomorrow I will start out with Prelude 1 and work sequentially. I will also finish listening to the Accelerator.

Babayada, I am changing my approach. The other thing that overwhelms me is house cleaning and organizing.

babayada, how are you doing with the course, if I may ask?

Parag

I am doing good.

I have started meditating twice a day, TM, without even really deciding to do it. I just sorta ... well ... started doing it. I have been doing it almost every day, twice a day for, what, two weeks? Pretty proud of that. Not much effort to it at all. It's pretty nice.

I also have not been worrying about things like I usually do. For instance, last week was the end of one of two of my courses and tomorrow I start a new schedule. The times are messed up. I am going from a night schedule to a morning schedule, usually I'll worry about that for days, trying and failing to readjust my new schedule. But, frankly, I just forgot about it. No worries.

The reoccurring pattern here seems to be a loss of worry about changing my routine or doing projects, which coincides with my first goal about doing projects more easily and effectively.

I got my final projects done for both classes done on time and without too much fuss.

I am thinking about the next goal I have. I think I am going to do the physical change thing. I could stand to lose a little weight and be all around healthier. I think I am going to do that.

My approach with it is going to be the same with the meditation, that is, just let myself slide into it and see how it goes.

From meditating, however, I am having a lot of memories and feelings pop up about issues that I thought were dead and buried. Well, I guess they aren't. So, I think I will use the course on them to improve them some how as well.

But mostly, honestly, the changes I have experienced in the course have a lot to do with the approach Paul suggests ... that is, be perfectly ok with going through the thing and getting NO results what-so-ever. Just being very present for it. I think this has a lot to do with the uninteded results I got (meditating and some other things). I was able to get the heck out of my own way.

One thing I would like to change, however, is the health thing. From the feeling exercises and meditating, I can feel a lack of range of motion and a lot of tension being stored in various parts of my body. I'd like to release this and get healthier. I want to stay out of my own way regarding this, so I think I will just allow myself to have the intention, but not force my ideas about what should be done about it on the process. Just go with whatever new behaviors pop up (like suddenly meditating).

One of the keys to Abundance for Life is running the Feelings Exercise and the Inquiry as often as needed throughout the day.

Paul has helped with that by bringing you through the processes multiple times in the course and he has helped to make it an automatic process through the Paraliminals, but you need to run them over and over and over until your flow of abundance is unrestricted by your thoughts and emotions and events in your life.

Complaining and whining will get you no place.

At the risk of sounding self pitying I just want some help and advice. I have found this course hard to understand. I have made a real mess of my life. I was brought up in a very religious household and subconsciously always believed my life was not my own. I tried to be good and always do as I was told. This has had devistating consequences for me. I am very lonely. I have no siblings and no children, I am facing a very lonely old age. Soon after we married the man I marrieed became disabled and this has had a huge impact on my life. I am explaining this because what I really want from life I cannot have. I cannot magic children and oh how I wanted them (I am too old) my husbands children by his first wife want nothing to do with us and if I am brutally honet I was always jealous of them, even more so now there are grandchildren on the scene. I own these feelings but they are painful. When in CD four we are asked to write down 7 seven things that are good in our life I cannot find 7 things so what do I do? Again when we are asked where we are from 1-5 on most things I am only 1. I feel my whole life is a disaster, I have gone from one self-improvement course to another and I keep missing the point as I seem to feel worse and worse and such a failure. Although I own the feelings it is difficult to both accept and be greatful for them. I live in a home I hate and have always done so with no chance of getting out and even if I could I cannot work out where or how, I hate the job I do. My husband has recently become even more disabled and this is putting a great strain on me. I am not feeling sorry for myself there are many many people a lot worse off than me but I just want to feel better. Any and all suggestions will be most gratefully received.

You said you couldn't list 7 things that you wanted and yet at the end you said you wanted to feel Better.

Isn't that a goal?

Now the thing is find stuff that starts making you feel better. Baking a cake? Volunteer to read for children, here in Australia there are reading programs called grandfriends. There are lots of youngsters who don't have grandparents or access to older people. They found the program a great asset both ways. Then there are hobbies.

Is it true that there are really no options for you to enable you to enjoy life?

When you list the 7 goal they can be as big or as small as you imagine. If you can't think of things that.

A vase, new lounge, new dinner setting, someone that comes over to help once a week, joining a card club. Listen to the solutions focus Cd. Remember to do the feeling exercise. This will seem hardest but doing it often you will be able to move towards the feelings you want to experience more of.

Alex

You say you always tried to be good, but be good for whom? I would try and analyze this belief, and see where it stems from. I'm guessing it came from someone telling you you weren't good enough, or weren't trying hard enough, etc.

I know you can make it, because I've come a long way from where I was a few years back. Trust me, trust yourself, you'll find your peace.

Pete:

I dont think I am whining or complaining just addressing concerns that I need help with.

For a little update my partner and I are in the works of trying to get our first deal in real estate.

Parag

Pete:

I dont think I am whining or complaining just addressing concerns that I need help with.

For a little update my partner and I are in the works of trying to get our first deal in real estate.

Parag

Parag,

In my lexicon, addressing means doing something about your problems, not simply cataloguing them. Your post was, essentially, a whiny list of your problems.

I think Pete's label is dead on.

Glad to see things are looking up and the content of your message is different.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited May 23, 2004).]

You probably think that I am whining too, well probably I was, only I felt so desperate, and you guys seem so with it and on top of things that I wanted to get your input. In reading some of your replies I really do get a glimmer of hope so thanks a lot.

There is a difference between a cry for help and whinning, loverofcats1948.

You were saying that you couldn't see any options and even pointed out that you were probably erring on wrong thinking. Ending with a request for suggestions.

Without knowing where you are coming from it's wouldn't be possible to suggest something you could try that you could do and yes it may sound whinny to give us some idea of where you're coming from.

The hardest thing to learn is that the only moment in our life that really counts is the now moment. If we make the mistake of projecting our thoughts constantly into the past wishing it was different we are only bringing our past feelings of disappointment into the present moment. If we project into the future missery believe it holds for use, we bring that into our present moment. We call for happiness in the future but are miserable that we don't have it now, so we cannot take action to move towards a brighter future. But it's Right NOW that you need to make the decision of how you want to feel most of the time. It's Right NOW that you decide you're going to take action that will bring rewards.

Each time you find yourself a little sad or in a different time zone. Take a moment to do the feeling exercise... it isn't just about owning the feeling there is something much more to it than that.

Often when we start something new it takes a while to get rolling. We need to remember that life is a bit like a dance we do from time to time move backwards to turn and move with the flow of the music of life. Resisting that backward step throws us out of the tempo.

So loverofcats1948 keep posting, get feed back, and if you do become too whinny we'll tell you, simply because we care enough to let you know what doesn't serve you in building a brighter future. The forum is here for the purpose of helping you to grow with the Abundance for Life course.

Alex

Posted By: Edmilio Re: Life seems overwhelming and complicated. - 06/09/04 05:26 AM
With you permission, I'd like to make a suggestion...
Affirmations are very powerful in manifesting results, and when we worry about what is wrong in our life, we are also affirming the wrong.

Write the stuff you don't like to clear your mind. Then give them all to God (or substitute what you like).

Then move to a positive exercise of writing down what you want. Give those to your own internal dialog. Repeat the positive to yourself over and over, while releasing the lust for its attainment.

And take small steps. Just like an injured olipmic athlete, it takes small steps at first, but they always return to their world class levels.

Good Luck,

Edmilio

Loverofcats: One thing I would recommend to try is to change your hat from being a victum to being a student, try asking the Universe "What are you trying to teach me?" See life as a big lesson and you are here to learn, you are in training, this also helps to lighten your load. If you knew everything you wouldn't be a student.
Ask the Unverse for Guidance (Universe is your interpretation of a Supreme Being) Quiet your mind and see what comes in. The answer is always right in front of you.

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement