Posted By: DanR Falling asleep & 7 step process, Oct retreat - 09/28/04 03:12 PM
I kind of new to this stuff and it always seems that when i listen to the paraliminals I seem to fall asleep. Then towards the end or after it's ended I wake up.

Also in doing the 7 step process are we supposed to do 7 goals or choices PLUS the 5 (for a total of 12) mentioned in the manual or do do the 5 in the manual first plus 2 more for a total of 7. I also am wondering about the focusing on them daily. All 7 (or 12) or one daily.

I also have a fair degree of disassociation with my feelings because of past experiences and am wondering if this will prevent me from succeeding in learning and implementing this program. (Particularly the feeling exercise and inquiry process).

There seems so much to learn and do I'm having a hard time seeing a step by step or at least indicators of when each step should be used if not sequential. I'm willing to learn but I think I'm really in need of some feedback here.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Dan

Hi Dan,

Re: Falling Asleep - Try listening to the paraliminals from a comfortable sitting position - with your back straight and your lower back supported - not leaning into a lounger, or in a crosslegged position.

Re: Focusing on your Choices. Bobbie Stephens suggests focusing on one of your choices after your morning meditation time, and also at the end of the day - take one of your choices into mind and then ask a question regarding what you need to do next to achieve it.

Re: Your Feelings Issue. This can be a hindrance or it can be blessing in disguise. A handicap can often give us a much stronger focus on achievement and keep us from taking anything for granted. Rise to the challenge. You can do anything that you set your mind to and continue with persistence.

You will do just fine if you keep at it. You might find Bobbie Stephens book, Unlimited Futures, a good addition to the materials you already have.

The Seven Step Process is the 7 steps that you go through for each goal. List 3 to 12 goals and focus on 2 perhaps 3 of the goals that you consider high priority first. You may need to spend two or three weeks on them till they are polished just right using the 7 Step Process before you begin the process on the next goal. Often focusing and polishing the 2 or 3 primary goals starts the ball rolling on the others.

With the feeling exercise just do it as best you can you'll notice the difference anyway. When doing the Inquiry Process grab a pen and paper and sit down and work through it in a journal or something and stay with each question through to the turn around before moving onto the next. One important thing about the Inquiry Process when you come to doing the turn around; be careful that you don't shorten the response because whatever you wrote originally is what you need to be working with. In doing the Inquiry Process with a few folks on MSN I've noticed that they weren't getting the message they had for themselves because the shortened the turn around and never heard the full impact of the original statement turned around. When I added it for them to remind them of the original question the message they had for themselves was a release and realisation of what they really nneded to be aware of.

Something like "He should forgive me for breaking the old spade."

In the turn around the person might say "I should forgive me." They react then well I know that I should forgive myself so what that's nothing new. It's just talk. But really when the say the whole thing "I should forgive myself for breaking the old spade." The realisation can click that in reality the person that hasn't forgiven them is themself and the person that is having a problem with the issue really is theirself.

Do a few inquiries on the issues you think are blocking you from accessing your feeling. Don't rush it persistance pays off more than speed.

Alex

Thanks for the responses. I'll keep working at it in smaller chucnks and persistently.

I'm wondering if the October retreat would be more beneficial for the personal contact, training and immediate feedback.

The Spring Forest Qigong Retreat?

Alex

The wealth-making 2 day seminar on 10/30 & 10/31. From what I understand it is basically the Abundance for Life course only in person and targeted at financial health.

The Wealth-Making weekend is designed to help people use the Abundance for Life course to make wealth.

The course is subtitled "Trance Breaking, Wealth Making," but it focuses more on the trace breaking. This weekend focuses on the financial end. And, will absolutely help you in all areas of your life.

It should be a splendid event. We're keeping enrollments capped at 200 to make sure everyone gets what they need.

If you can get here, be here. Paul will blow you away in person.

Where is the Oct retreat, and how does one register for it?

[This message has been edited by InquiringMind (edited September 30, 2004).]

Send an email requesting information to me AlexK or info@learningStrategies.com

Alex

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement