Posted By: bubbly5 Looking scared - 06/27/05 01:50 PM
Hi this is bubbles all my life I have been told that I look timid making it hard for people to be around me . It pains me that folks are uncomfortable. I am a friendly person I am a sweet and caring person. the only thing that seems to bother people are my looks (facial expressions). I admit sometimes I get uncomfortable around certain crowds or I walk by a group and I would look timid. I try to stop but it seems to get worse the sad thing is I am 26 years old with a daughter that is 7. I've been this way since grade school. I am very reserved and stand- offish. It hurts to feel rejected and hated not because you are mean but how you look what am I to do. What would you do?

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Looking scared - 06/27/05 02:54 PM
I would use the Paraliminals, Instantaneous Personal Magnetism, Self-Esteem Supercharger and New Habit Generator and if that isn't enough add Belief to the toolbox.

There are other Paraliminals that come to mind to help you change. It's possible given your desire and you don't even need to try, just relax into the listening session with your purpose for listening in mind.

Alex

Posted By: Theone Re: Looking scared - 06/28/05 11:07 AM
hi you might try this once a day is fine.. in the morning, yet if you can do it a few times a day thats all the better, stand in front of the mirror just for a little time, look into your own eyes, till it feels recomfortable, now change your posture, and make your self look strong and tall, keep looking at your eyes while you do this, and do it so you get a good sense, yourself standing tall. say some nice things to your self, in a strong powerful voice, in your head.. now think about being this strong, when your walking about your home, feel how being this way makes you feel good, make any adjustments then you feel would help. and look at your self in the morrior, smile say say something like this day is my day.

the more you do this the better it gets.. using the mirror creates a pssitive association to your self, also if you see a refection of your self anywhere it will make your brain thiank of the possitive stuff you have just done.. with paraliminals too.. you have a good start. that can only get better.

[This message has been edited by Theone (edited June 28, 2005).]

Posted By: jl3goat Re: Looking scared - 07/06/05 11:56 PM
Good question, and definitely possible to overcome. When I was around your age, a little younger, I was painfully shy, and people often mistook my silence as disapproval (and often didn't!). I still tend to be reserved in strange company, but can easily turn it on and off as necessary...and I'm sure that if I could get past it, you can too.

I don't know anything about the paraliminals Alex recommended, but one thing you can do to start with that won't cost you anything is to make a point of greeting people you meet with a *little* more effervescence than they are accustomed to, and that you are used to offering. For instance, if a cashier greets you with a token and disinterested hello, instead of just saying "Hi" back, say, with enthusiasm, "Hey, how ya doing?" When a waiter or waitress comes to your table, say "Hey, how's your day going?"

Practice assuming a more open posture when you walk or sit. Instead of having your head down, shoulders drawn in like you're waiting to be struck, force yourself to keep your head up...and maybe take up a little more room than necessary. (If you were a guy, I'd advise you to maintain eye contact with people for a second or two longer than necessary, but if you do this to guys, they might get the wrong idea--it doesn't take much for us to get the wrong idea.) Once this is easy, give yourself something a little more challenging to do...extend your comments a little. Ask people questions in an assertive and friendly manner. Do everything in baby steps.

Paul McKenna has a book out called "Change Your Life in Seven Days," and it has a good exercise in it in which you visualize your "authentic self"--the person you believe yourself to be, and want to be--as clearly and colorfully as possible and then step into that persona, until you feel, viscerally, the qualities of that self in you...and do it every day. I recommend reading that book for a full description. Maybe your library has it.

And, of course, realize that people aren't naturally disposed to think you are a foolish, laughable figure of fun. Unless you beat small animals and pass gas in elevators, people will be predisposed to think well of you, and those few who don't will certainly have their own problems that give them their churlish disposition. You have as much right to take up space as they do, and as much right to act as though you know it.

Posted By: Frodo02 Re: Looking scared - 07/07/05 01:29 AM
Bubbly5,

The Mace Method can certainly help quickly to overcome your problems.
http://mental-imagery.com

Cheers,

Posted By: Eugene Re: Looking scared - 07/09/05 11:00 AM
Hi

Has anyone had an experience with the Mace Method. I have tried to contact to find out more but no reply.

Cheers

Posted By: Frodo02 Re: Looking scared - 07/10/05 02:39 AM
Eugene,

Yes, I have. I am also a practitioner of the Mace Method.

I suggest to contact Dr. Mace via email.

Let me know if this doe not work.

Cheers,

[This message has been edited by Frodo02 (edited July 10, 2005).]

Posted By: Eugene Re: Looking scared - 07/15/05 01:46 PM
Hi Frodo02
(and anyone else who cares to answer)

Firstly, could you explain briefly what exactly the Mace Method is? I have researched the web page but it gives no real indication of the approach/practice or what the method involves.

Secondly is it effective: how quickly can it work; is it easy to learn; is it easy to get to the core or root of problems?

Thirdly, have you any experience with the Sedona Method? This is something I have been looking into recently. Is there any overlap here? If you are an experienced Sedona Method releaser, can you state how one method compares to another?

I am interested in the Mace Method but before I shed out more money on yet another "Eliminate Negativity, Stress, Depression, Emotional and Relationship Problems" method, I would like some feedback from someone who has tried and tested it.

Many Thanks
Eugene

Posted By: Frodo02 Re: Looking scared - 07/17/05 10:36 PM
Eugene,

1) The Mace Method a fast and cheap way to remove unwanted problems even
traumatic experience. There is no digging into negative past experience so
there is no emotional pain involved.
The Method can only performed with a practitioner. The cost for a session
is Australian $ 60.00 per hour. For most cases there is only one session
required.
The processing can be easily done via phone. Refer to the book for more
Information.

2) The method is very quick and very effective.

3) Yes, if done the Sedona Method. It is a good tech but cannot be compared
with the Mace Method. Both have there merits.

Hope this helps. Select one problem you want to solve and give it a try.

Cheers,

Posted By: Alvinkoh Re: Looking scared - 10/05/05 03:20 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Frodo02:
Hi Frodo ,

I am alvin from singapore. I am training uder Dr. John Mace and am wondering how paraliminals(I have some) works well with The mace method. You see I ask him and told me that most people will give up other methods after completing his training etc.

How are your experience?
Regards
ALvin(Singapore)

Posted By: Grant Re: Looking scared - 10/26/05 11:22 PM
Hi bubbles from what I have experienced in my life I can tell you that I see you as a lovely gentle person and you make me feel good by seeing your post. I feel that a person like you would make many people feel at home. Who you are shows that you are nice to be with. Tell yourself when you sometimes feel anything other than comfortable around those crowds or when you go by those groups that you are a beautiful person. You can feel good that you can be accepted and loved, because as an example Lady Diana was accepted and loved by crowds. Diana was a real lady timid but people loved her and she was a friendly person also sweet and caring. Diana sure had the power of love in her. You can move your beliefs around with the Belief paraliminal. Notice those little pleasing glances from people in crowds. See the little positives. Focus on them. Soon they can grow.

One of the things I really loved about Lady Diana was her initial shyness.

Another thing that I found extremely admirable about her was her work on herself and seeing her confidence grow, still keeping her lovely gentle nature. Nothing short of charming and attractive.

Posted By: Grant Re: Looking scared - 10/26/05 11:32 PM
Sorry I didn't check the date of bubbles post, but I'm still hoping she will read it.

Posted By: Frodo02 Re: Looking scared - 11/07/05 10:10 PM
Hi AlvinKoh,

I haven’t noticed this post of yours before. I already emailed you my opinion
about this issue but for the records.

I do think that when one uses the Mace Method most other self help techs become
obsolete. The more a person clears out his/her unconscious and unwanted identities the more he/she attracts a good fortune and develops his/her natural inner guidance system.
This means being at the right time at the right place, saying and doing the right think
more often.

However, I also believe that if one feels drawn to a certain self help tech then one
should go for it. After all Dr Mace can not live your life.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Posted By: checker Re: Looking scared - 11/11/05 10:00 AM
John Mace is an ex-scientologist. Google 'john mace scientology' and a lot of stuff comes up. He was even in the book 'a piece of clear blue sky' an excellent expose of L.R. Hubbard. The whole identities thing is the same as scientology's 'valances'.

He is what is labeled by the Church of Scientology as a 'squirrel' - someone who takes Hubbards 'tech' and creates their own program very similar to it. I'd be a little weary of him. One of the things with identities/valances is that supposedly you get one every time something even slightly bad happens - stub your toe, your boss says something bad to you etc. You can often spend the rest of your life (and a lot of money) clearing these identities.

Posted By: bhenry Re: Looking scared - 11/13/05 06:06 AM
Almost a year ago I had a session with a practitioner that was taught by John Mace and honestly I never got anything out of it. The process reminded me of NLP more than anything else.

Posted By: SonicOne Re: Looking scared - 11/16/05 07:29 PM
Hi

This is just my opinion but I had a session and it did nothing for me either.

Now I'm not saying that this doesn't / can’t / won’t work for some people. Perhaps if you are very intune with how you are feeling and what you are feeling or thinking then this can work well. But if you struggle to know how you are feeling and what you are thinking or feeling then I can see problems here because instead proceeding with the procedure from a knee jerk reaction, you are thinking, intellectualising or logicising things - which I guess would make the process invalid. Yes, I may give you a split second answer did I think through that answer or was it an instinctive answer? Just a thought for any practitioners or anyone who has been through the process.

And yes, I too found it very similar to NLP to.

Eugene..

Posted By: Frodo02 Re: Looking scared - 11/16/05 09:31 PM

Checker,

One of the things with identities/valances is that supposedly you get one every time something even slightly bad happens - stub your toe, your boss says something bad to you etc. You can often spend the rest of your life (and a lot of money) clearing these identities.

The term identity is has been used I guess long before scientology come along.
It is and has been used in the field of psychology throughout the world.

Yes, it is true that Mace was a scientologist and that he left scientology and started his own research. I have never been in scientology but have learned a lot
from former scientology members. (at much lower costs and without the cult
da. da.. da.

If you don’t believe then check out what he charges for session, I guess it is
Australian $ 60.00 per hour. This is not typical for a scientology kind of cult and there are no further seminars or courses offered by Mace.

The treatment usually does not take a life time but 30 - 60 minutes. In some cases more then one session is required to solve the problem completely. But I have hardly ever heared of more then four sessions. So it is still very cheap compared to other techs.

In other words that’s it.

Posted By: Frodo02 Re: Looking scared - 11/17/05 07:57 PM
> bhenry
> Member posted November 13, 2005 12:06 AM
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------
> Almost a year ago I had a session with a practitioner that was taught
> by John Mace and honestly I never got anything out of it. The process
> reminded me of NLP more than anything else.
>

bhenry,

I have contacted Dr Mace and told him about your experience. His comments are below.

Cheers,
If he/she was trained by me I would like to know who the practitioner
was. About fifty practitioners have been qualified around the world,
but not all trained by me. There are a few people out there whom I
refused to graduate, maybe it was was one of them. This case could also
be relevant to the second complaint.

I have had over five hundred clients and only two expressed
dissatisfaction. I just offer then
their money back. There are far too many people out there who need
help and my time is too valuable to waste time on trying to help the
likes of them.

Posted By: Frodo02 Re: Looking scared - 11/17/05 08:01 PM
>
> SonicOne
> Junior Member posted November 16, 2005 01:29 PM
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------
> Hi
> This is just my opinion but I had a session and it did nothing for me
> either.

SonicOne,

I have contacted Dr Mace and below are his comments.

Cheers,
No body can change anybody who does not want to change. Also, if a
client sits back and has the attitude, "Please fix me" nothing is going
to happen, for they are the one who has to do the fixing. See the
mission statement.

>
> Now I'm not saying that this doesn't / can't / won't work for some
> people. Perhaps if you are very intune with how you are feeling and
> what you are feeling or thinking then this can work well. But if you
> struggle to know how you are feeling and what you are thinking or
> feeling then I can see problems here because instead proceeding with
> the procedure from a knee jerk reaction, you are thinking,
> intellectualising or logicising things - which I guess would make the
> process invalid. Yes, I may give you a split second answer did I think
> through that answer or was it an instinctive answer? Just a thought
> for any practitioners or anyone who has been through the process.
>
> And yes, I too found it very similar to NLP to.
>

Posted By: Alvinkoh Re: Looking scared - 12/08/05 05:25 PM
Hi,

This is Alvin here. I just want to say that Dr. MAce's method works and it has help me deal with many negative identities like anger, distraction, frustration, helpless, etc. and this has greatly benefited my life and my family as they see a great change in me. Its saves months and years of therapy and money.
I have tried many things and only this has truely helped me in the shortest amount of time.
The method also repairs relationships(dead or live) and is to me a very practical step to reaching the elusive enlightenment without any meditation or work.
Do yourself and your loved ones a favour, have a session. go for the training and start helping your family and friends. The implications of John Mace'humanitarian work is global.
Sincerely
Alvin(Singapore)

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement