Posted By: comstrat Question about the Feelings exercise - 04/12/06 01:06 PM
I apologize for what seems like a very silly question, but it's one I can't seem to wrap my arms around. I understand the way the feelings exercise is conducted, and that it puts you in touch with the energy and the power in your feelings. What I'm not sure of is the reason for doing that, other than to recognize the power that's there. Once you recognize and acknowledge the power, what then? Is it about harnessing the power? Using it (how?)? Just appreciating it? For me, this is a missing link in my understanding. Thanks to all!

Posted By: AMS Re: Question about the Feelings exercise - 04/13/06 07:06 PM
I will try to explain what i understood and please forgive me if i'm wrong:
1-Thought,
2-Label & description ( Judgement) ,
3- and Feeling
create a pattern in your life, for example
you lost something valuable, then you feel sad, and you don't want to feel that way because you don't like sadness.

Pattern creation requires a huge amount of power, which you feel in the feeling .
So evry time you lost something valuable (you think), you will be sad (not good),this pattern will color you life in many situation, so feeling the feeling without the thought and the label, you're breaking that pattern and the belief attached to that feeling and reclaim the power invested to make alive.

Good luck.

AMS.

[This message has been edited by AMS (edited April 13, 2006).]

Posted By: comstrat Re: Question about the Feelings exercise - 04/14/06 01:29 AM
Deear AMS -- thank you for your explanation; that makes a lot of sense! I believe what you're saying is that the power that I spent being unhappy is now "set free," if you will, to use as I best see fit. What a concept!
Best to you,
Comstrat

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement