Posted By: no_wheat Meditation - 04/17/08 12:48 PM
I've been practicing SFQ for over a year now and really enjoy it as a staple of my daily diet, but I'm looking now to add some meditation with a spiritual base. Any recommendations? I've used to use holosync and I like it, just looking for something more on the metaphysical side.

cheers!
Posted By: SunnKali Re: Meditation - 04/21/08 06:25 PM
Have you tried the SFQ Paraliminals? They're awesome. Also, have you checked out the Sonic Access program? As usual, Learning Strategies did a fantastic job on these products.

For non-LS, Kelly Howell Brain Sync audios are really good. She has guided meditations, brainwave meditations and subliminals. Here's a link to her Sacred Ground CD set, and also links to her main website and Theater of the Mind.

http://www.brainsync.com/product.asp?specific=159

http://www.brainsync.com/

http://www.theatreofthemind.com/

Another set that's very good, and definitely metaphysical/spiritual, but more expensive, is Collapsing the World by James Arthur Ray.

http://www.theatreofthemind.com/product.asp?specific=601

Kelly Howell's and James Arthur Ray products are also available on Amazon.

Jeffrey Thompson has Awakened Mind System and Gamma System Meditations. The Gamma Meditation is supposed to help one attain the brainwave states of Tibetan Buddist monks in deep meditation.

http://www.amazon.com/Gamma-Meditation-S...08801903&sr=8-2

Happy exploring!! \:\)
Posted By: Jenigreni Re: Meditation - 04/25/08 07:24 PM
Hey, if you want a powerfully spiritual and incredibly uplifting meditation experience, I recommend the Jeddah Mali meditation course going on now at Learning Strategies. I'm not sure if you can still join in, but perhaps they'll have another session when this one is done in July. I'm sure whatever you decide on will be just right for you! All the best to you - Jeni
Posted By: no_wheat Re: Meditation - 05/09/08 04:10 AM
Thanks for all the helpful replies. I have the brainsync cds and the Gamma meditation. I personally didn't get much from the brainsync although I know people who have. The Gamma meditation is interesting but not exactly what I'm looking for.

I ended up purchasing "Meditation Mastery" from www.lifemasteryonline.com I heard good things about it from the xtrememind forum but I'm still waiting for it to get here. I'll post about my experiences when I do.

Thanks all.
Posted By: doctor_ayman Re: Meditation - 05/19/08 02:04 PM
hey guys do any one knows about psycho-cybernetic excercises , any one know how to get resources about it . many thanks
Posted By: babayada Re: Meditation - 05/21/08 04:41 AM
As far as I understand it, SFQ has some spiritual meditations involved with it, such as the small universe and what not.

What do you mean by something more on the metaphysical side? Something with a more spiritual base?

I think there are many forms of East-Indian meditation that are more "directly" spiritual. There are forms that involve a direct relation with a personal God or Goddess, personal meaning personified, more human-like, and the relationship being of a more personal nature.

Then there are the poems of Rumi, upon which you can meditate, in which the divine becomes immanent.
Posted By: WebYourStuff Re: Meditation - 07/07/08 07:51 PM
Try:

http://www.perfectmeditation.com - better and cheaper than holosync.

Also try hemisync. I use hemisync to more quickly groove into something I am trying to convince myself to do. Like sleep. or do taxes. Or relax. Hemisync also has som very good psychi development stuff.
Posted By: uniquesoul Re: Meditation - 07/10/08 11:58 AM
I am not sure if Perfect Meditation is better than Holosync since their web site does not explain much past level 1. Holosync is backed by huge free support; of course, it is included in the price.
Posted By: stargate Re: Meditation - 07/11/08 06:08 AM
 Originally Posted By: no_wheat
Thanks for all the helpful replies. I have the brainsync cds and the Gamma meditation. I personally didn't get much from the brainsync although I know people who have. The Gamma meditation is interesting but not exactly what I'm looking for.

I ended up purchasing "Meditation Mastery" from www.lifemasteryonline.com I heard good things about it from the xtrememind forum but I'm still waiting for it to get here. I'll post about my experiences when I do.

Thanks all.

Hi nowheat. I guess from your username you may be gluten intolerant like me? I'm interested in meditation mastery, I've tried holosync before, but it wasn't exactly my cup of latte. How have you gone with it?
Posted By: uniquesoul Re: Meditation - 07/11/08 07:10 AM
Perfect Meditation and Life Mastery on Line seem to be similar. They seem very different from Holosync.
Posted By: shakurav Re: Meditation - 07/11/08 02:18 PM
This may be a case of "your mileage may vary".

It may also be a case of "three feet from gold" (see great true story in Napoleon Hill's classic book THINK AND GROW RICH).

I I have been doing SFQ for almost three years. And it gets more and more spiritual every day. If you are doing Small Universe and Self-Concentration and you want to go a little deeper, try the SFQ Butterfly Meditation and the Healing Our World Meditation at SFQ . Or you can just do more Small Universe. How much Small Universe are you doing now? If you are doing the Level I half hour version, try getting the Level II one hour version (also from springforestqigong.com -- however, it does come with the Level II home study materials which is part of the SFQ Deluxe course available here at LSC). Or you can just use music or silence and a timer and do it for longer. Try adding on five minutes at a time until you build up to one hour. Things change a lot once you go past the one hour barrier of Small Universe.

Are you doing Level I? Level II ups the ante quite a bit because once you begin helping others heal more and more, it becomes much more spiritual. And when you get to Level III (and beyond), it is pretty much ALL spiritual. Less about technique (though there some cool new tools) and more about "love, kindness, forgiveness" and the relationship between spirit and soul.

I am a rabbi and spirituality has been a theme of my life since becoming a rabbi (12 years ago), and before that for about 45 years (when I left the "faith of my fathers" and went on a spiritual search and studied and practiced various other spiritual paths before returning to my tradition, as well as discovering Taoist health and meditation practices, such as Tai Chi Chuan and qigong). I can honestly tell you that SFQ is one of the greatest spiritual tools I have ever found. But sometimes, you have to mine deeper, rather than broader (i.e. go deeper into this one practice, rather than looking for more practices). The SFQ "mine" is rich and deep. It is deceptive really: it looks a lot like a shallow pond, but there really is a deep, refreshing spring deeper down.

I really believe that for most people, if they are looking for spirituality, they merely (actually not so easy for most of us, due to time commitments) have to just do a little more practice to go deeper into the emptiness and spend more time there.

Just my two cents, for what it's worth.
Posted By: kevinfromnorthernont Re: Meditation - 07/12/08 05:59 PM
 Originally Posted By: no_wheat
I've been practicing SFQ for over a year now and really enjoy it as a staple of my daily diet, but I'm looking now to add some meditation with a spiritual base. Any recommendations? I've used to use holosync and I like it, just looking for something more on the metaphysical side.

cheers!

Upon my journey into meditations and spiritual growth I have enjoyed these meditations greatly. From Learning Strategies I use the Sonic Access Program. The disc labelled Spiritual Growth may interest you of the Sonic Access set.
And by far some of my favourite meditations are from the Monroe Institute. To list my favourites from them would be Spirit Gathering, Shaman’s Heart and Vision Quest.
Posted By: groundpath Re: Meditation - 09/11/08 01:31 PM
The life mastery guilds meditation mastery/esoteric warrior activations are right up my alley. The focus is on the Higher Self connection and integrating it into the physical plane through the body, then activating the "soul journey" and connecting the two. I'm still at the first part of the training but having had a little over 20 years of pretty solid meditation experience I'm very happy with how this is developing. Enjoy!
Posted By: vels Re: Meditation - 09/17/08 07:23 AM
Hi,

I too have found something similar that I can share with the members. I happened to see this site http://www.meditationsolution.com/ they use audio frequency to put the mind in the meditative state. I have benefited from it and I suggest this for people who find it difficult to meditate.
Thanks,
Posted By: Jeanne Re: Meditation - 09/18/08 01:26 PM
I haven't listened to the cds on the site you list, but I do know from experience that certain types of sounds/rhythms will propel you into a meditative state quickly.

I have a fairly old light and sound machine, think the brand name is Nova, that I picked up from Tools for Wellness. I'm sure new models are even better. I originally got it to help with migraines, and it does help (doesn't alleviate them though)--but it's also very good for reaching alpha, theta, and delta states quickly.

The bonus? Once you are in those states a number of times, you come to recognize what they feel like. Once that happens, you can be anywhere, close your eyes, and attain one of these states. So I don't really use mine as much these days, because I can do it without it.
Posted By: shegarlakshmi Re: Meditation - 09/19/08 05:28 AM
Thanks for all the helpful replies. and http://www.medtiationsolution.com it was very useful.
Posted By: groundpath Re: Meditation - 09/20/08 03:02 AM
I tried the meditationsolution product, it isn't really my thing, but if it does it for you then more power to you. I'm more into what the original poster was asking for which are systems that have a spiritual/metaphysical direction.
Posted By: JETAY Re: Meditation - 10/07/08 12:11 PM
Hi no_wheat

I've been practicing SFQ since May 2003 and it is an amazing journey that gets deeper and deeper with practice. I'm also a member of the SFQ Guild which means that I get to have a direct contact for healing meditations with Master Lin and the other members by teleconference a few times a year which adds to the profundity of the program - this is great for me as I live in Australia and can't make the retreats or live meditations.

The most recent addition to my spiritual practice has been the program called "Seeds of Enlightenment" by Jeddah Mali which is maybe not yet offered generally by LSC but I'm sure it will be very soon.

This program is really, very, very good - I can't speak highly enough of it - it is right up there on a par with SFQ which I love.

I am in meditation 2, week 2 of 8 meditations, each of which are practiced for a week and I'm totally blown away by the experience of this experience so far.

I think if you seriously want to deepen your spirituality - this program is truly worth it. Jeddah has a website if you want to google her and see what it's all about.
Posted By: thinker Re: Meditation - 10/29/08 05:46 PM
hi stargate and all! meditation is nothing but saving up of your life force energy which was being wasted in the process of thinking (or say in un focused thinking).With my years of practice i have come to realize that any method would work for you ;provided you stick enough long!however some methods are better than others because they address more directly to your life force energy!."watching the thinker"as explained by ECKHART TOLLE and j. krishnamurthy ;and quang yin (simply sitting with your ears closed with the help of your fingers for enough long)are best in my experience.One really beautiful method is to focus on your tongues' movements and trying to arrest them (may be you'd have a hard time understanding it because its something new for you;i'll describe this method in detail later if you'd be interested!).Some crude meditations are-"journal writing"(SEE freenoting ALSO in http://www.winwenger.com)and sitting without doing anything(without doing anything means really without doing a thing!)
Posted By: ginaT Re: Meditation - 10/30/08 08:02 AM
Hi guys i am very new to meditation, on my search tru the internet i came across this site that offers a free 21 day
Meditation Video Training .
It has been great so far i am now at day 4 and understand meditation matters a lot better already.
Are there any more free recources you would recommned for a beginner?? Also i am interested in finding a forum that is only on the subject of meditation.
thank you
Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Meditation - 10/31/08 09:45 PM
Jetay -- I absolutely love Jeddah's meditations too. It was a complete joy working with her to put Seeds of Enlightenment together. It will be up on our website in a few weeks. We're currently only offering it through direct mail.

That said, I love Chunyi's meditations, too. I'm on Day 21 of 100 days of doing one of his hour meditations each morning at 5:30.

And while we're on the topic of meditations Paul Scheele is working on another volume of Sonic Access Paraliminal meditations. These will be on the Four Seasons. He's been working closely with Chunyi Lin, Marie Diamond, and Jeddah Mali on this set. It should be out next spring some time. If you enjoyed the music on the original Sonic Access meditaitons, Paul Hoffman is working with Paul Scheele on this program, too!

Pete
Posted By: shegarlakshmi Re: Meditation - 11/03/08 12:34 PM
Hi Sunnkali,

Thanks for posting all those links. They were quite useful and i have benefited from it.

Thanks,
Posted By: cwt108 Jeddah - Seeds or Pathway Program - 01/26/09 07:22 AM
I am interested in taking Jeddah's course. Should I start with the seends of enlightenment program or the pathway. It seems that the Pathway program probably will cover materials from the seeds and include additional materials... any feedback???
Posted By: shegarlakshmi Re: Meditation - 01/27/09 11:46 AM
Hi webyourstuff,

Thanks for posting that link. let me try and see if that benefits me. I shall respond to you later.

Regards,
Posted By: JETAY Re: Meditation - 01/28/09 09:12 AM
Hi cwt108 - if I could have, I would have done the Pathways program which I understand does cover all of the material from the seeds and some other really exciting stuff, not to mention having Jeddah in the person on line with you. I'm sure Pete will be able to answer the question better as he did the Pathway Program last year and highly recommends it.

My problem is one of distance and time - I live in Australia and the times set down for the sessions would not always be easy to manage for me. The Seeds of Enlightenment was absolutely wonderful, I loved it and I'm really looking forward to the next set which hopefully will be out soon.

I'm sure you'll enjoy either way you choose.
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement