Posted By: Anonymous About Stillness - 11/19/09 12:17 AM
ABOUT STILLNESS

We are taught "Be still and know thyself" - "Be still and know that I AM God".

How should we interpret that "Be Still"?

Does God, the Creator, Universal Mind and Intelligence (whatever you choose to call Him) really expect total stillness meaning no motion of the body, sitting still, reaching total relaxation of the body and emptying your mind of all thoughts as Buddhist monks and others have been doing for hundrends of years? Is that what He means for 'stillness'?
If it is so, how does one explain how come with so many ashrams full of such monks meditating hours and hours a day, not one of them has reached "Full Consciousness"? With that I mean the Consciousness state of a Jesus and a Buddha for whom miracles were a way of life and unable to stop them from happening. Not even a Dalai Lama with all his speeches of love and peace has reached that state.

The way I know deep down what that 'stillness' is all about is "total lack of turbulence of the mind and heart, no emotional roller-coaster, no thoughts about the past or the future". In fact, one could "be still" even in doing the normal usual chores one has to do just to cope with living in this dimension, meaning "working meditatively". Being in the present moment: if you are slicing onions, be there fully, without thinking of what somebody has said, what you answered, what you did yesterday, what you have to do tomorrow, and so on. If you are eating, be there fully without thinking of what you have to do next - in being there fully you are also showing appreciation and gratitude for what Nature has provided for you even though you had to work for it.

To be present at all times is the hardest thing to do because we are creatures of habit and we have been conditioned by belief systems, religions, brainwashing, society, past experiences and hope for the future: our surface mind (conscious mind as opposed to our "submerged omniscient mind" (see my message in "Beyond Human - 2012") which is the one which takes care of the millions different kind of chemical processes going on in our body at any given second) has to think of something all the time. Why? Because it is afraid, it feels inadequate, it knows that it knows nothing, that it is not good enough and so it keeps trying to figure out how to make it better.

Our subconscious mind is that part of our conscious mind (surface mind) where all belief systems and past experiences have been buried and can still affect our conscious (surface) mind. How? Our desires and hopes expressed in our conscious mind, before reaching our omniscient mind (which is the one that, being part of the Omniscient Mind of the Creator, will manifest our thoughts and feelings) are first "filtered" through our subconscious mind: so, if in it there is a belief that we are not deserving good things, or wealth, or good health, or that we are not lucky, ect., no matter what we constantly tell ourselves that we desire, it will not come to pass.

Therefore, it is absolutely essential to change what is in our subconscious mind and many tracks mp3 found in Learning Strategies, with their paraliminal messages combined with Brain Wave Entrainment music do just that and they are really very well thought and done especially those found in http://www.Freefromfear.com and the Core Energy Meditation by Kevin Schoeninger of http://www.mindbodytrainingcompany.com.

"Be still and know that I AM God" ... it means: DON'T WANT - DON'T HOPE - DON'T FEAR - JUST BE! - LIVE NOW!
- LIVING NOW IS THE HARDEST THING TO DO -
Psychological death is the present.
Dying to yourself each moment until there is no person left and no time. Just the energy of naked observation. At that level, attention is virtue.
Does it mean "empty your own mind"? .... Can you do it?.... NO! .... Because the way to do or reach that is not "to do" but .... "to BE".

And, by the way, we did have somebody "Fully Conscious" on this planet very recently, in fact approx. 40 years ago. His name was Donald Shimoda and we know about him through the book "Illusions" by Richard Bach.
And he did not spend his time meditating, he just was Fully Conscious, born like that by choosing a lifepath which did not accept the"Consensus Reality" of this 3rd dim. And, although his teachings are very interesting and the way Richard Bach writes is so very delightful, there was something in his teachings that left me 'uncomfortable' meaning I did not recognise some of them as TRUE or at least not fully true, but only half true. And let's remember that half truth is NOT truth: in fact it can be understood in many different ways and be quite confusing.
For example: he says that "we are totally free to do anything we want"..... That is true, but only half of the truth: what he did not add was that we are living within the Law of Cause and Effect - giving for regiving. The Law of Balance which applies to this entire Universe. So, sooner or later, what you give you receive.
He also showed very little Love and that tells me that he must have been the incarnation of a 7th dim. Orion being - the rebels ones (see my Message in "Beyond Human - 2012"). Why am I saying that? For two very specific reasons:

1) He is the one who, all of a sudden, one day while teaching thousands of people who were following him, he said to them: "I QUIT" and he suddenly disappeared to reappear in a beautiful brand new airplane landing near Richard Bach's airplane in the Middle West of USA, where he spent a few months that summer with Richard, giving joy-rides to farmers in their airplanes. - And, by the way, that story is not fiction as I was then still living in Italy and during News time we received a flash news from the States saying that "a guy who was being called "the new Messiah" suddenly disappeared in front of thousands of people who had gathered to listen to him."
The reason he gives for quitting the crowds was because he was tired of them wanting miracles while all he wanted was to teach them. So, they wanted miracles...... but what kind of miracles? Did they want money?, or abundance? or a new lover?.... NO! They wanted to be healed! And he could not understand that or love them enough to relieve their pain. He was bored with that. How could that be? I can tell you that that left me wondering for a very long time. I thought that being Fully Conscious meant to be really loving. Well, he was not. He never experienced life as a human in 3rd dim. because he chose to be born fully conscious, so he never experienced pain, suffering, frustration, sadness, grief, guilt or any other negative emotion. He had no idea what it meant to be in 3rd dimension. But he also did not have enough love to wish to be helpful when it costed him nothing because it was enough to get just close enough within his aura to be healed from cancer or anything else, even though he was unaware of doing it.

2) In his state of Consciousness, when he decided he had enough of this dimension, he could have easily 'teleported himself' back to where he came from without physically dying. Instead, what did he do? During a radio-talk-show interview in a small town in the Middle West, instead of answering the questions in a proper, understandle way (as even Richard admits he should have done), he purposely, deliberately provoked a perfectly normal man to get to where their airplanes were parked (in the middle of some field) and shoot him killed knowing fully well what that action was going to do to that man, as he confirmed later to Richard during one of his lucid dreams.

After much reflecting on the matter, I got convinced that he was indeed the incarnation of one of those Orion rebels who have been enslaving mankind on earth (through wrong beliefs systems, religions, their incarnation on earth within ruling, wealthy and powerful families causing wars, conflicts, diseases, misery and death).The surface minds of these beings are still at the forefront making all decisions instead of having surrendered them to the Creator's will.
And sure, he did not cause a war or a conflict but he did cause mental confusion in those people already opened enough to new teachings.
And that is the way they have always behaved, treacherously: tell some truth in order to create credibility and then intermix it with lies or half truth (which is the same) in order to create confusion and thus preventing people from raising their vibrations.

Love and blessings to all,

Starchild
Posted By: JCFengShui Re: About Stillness - 03/15/10 07:16 PM
Starchild,

I too was bothered by the story of Don Shimoda in Richard Bach's book Illusions. I thought that, if he could take a swim in the earth and walk through walls as though they were nothing, and be so creative all the time so much that his airplane never leaked oil, that he could have left Earth much more peaceably. The emotional tone of his actions are what bothered me too. Thank you for your analysis of his behavior, because that clears up some stuff for me.

Also, I live in U.S., and grew up here, born in 1961. I do not remember any headlines about a Messiah being in my country any time since or even before my birth. Can you give more details? I have already tried to find whether the story is true and dig up news stories, but I think the name is fictitious, because I can find nothing.

Would appreciate if you could help with this. Got my curiosity up, now!

Thanks!

JC
Posted By: Anonymous Re: About Stillness - 03/16/10 06:27 AM
Dear JC,

I could not believe I had an answer to one of my posts: nobody has ever answered my posts before beside Bhjn (a sceptic on everything that you can find in one of my other answers). I had started to think that there were no 'thinkers' into this Forum.

Finally one! Congratulations! In answer to your question I think that the reason why you never heard of Donald Shimoda is because when that flash news from USA arrived in Italy (I don't know if it was picked up by other european countries also) you were far too young. If you were born in 1961 then you were only 10 years old and, even if it was mentioned on your News you would not have heard it. At least I don't think that at 10 yrs old you were interested in the News. But it certainly happened or I would not have heard it myself. Mind you, many people would have heard it in Italy also, but you know well that unless you are open-minded, something new or to which you do not resonate would enter your mind from one ear and go out from the other.
And I have to say that it was really just a Flash News: it only said that "a young man whom the people were starting to call "the New Messiah" and who did many healing miracles, all of a sudden, in front of thousands of people, he said "I QUIT" and actually disappeared. That was all the News said and nothing else ever followed that.

It stayed in my mind for quite a while - whilst I was sad not to have met him. And I recognised that it had to have been him when I read the book "Illusions" a few years later in the middle 70s when I was already in Australia. Calculating Richard's age and when he wrote his next book and from some interviews he gave, and from my own memory, I think it happened in 1971.

You know, if you read his following book, his own personal story - autobiography - of how he met his 'soul-mate',(their love story) titled "THE BRIDGE ACROSS FOREVER" he tells her very clearly that he did in fact exist when she asked him if Donald had been real and if he, Richard, had in fact swam into the earth and walked over water. He does confirm it and he also says that he tried again to walk over water or swim into the earth but he was not able to do it again. As he said, "I think I could do it only because of being so near him" like in the proximity of his aura.

You know something else that I have realised after having written that message, that there is another one of them on the planet at this very moment and his name is David Copperfield and he is making a mockery of "Full Consciousness" vibr. frequencies by pretending that what he does is just 'illusions'.
Have you ever seen another magician able to make the Statue of Liberty disappear and reappear, or a large airplane appear and disappear, or walk through the wall of China all of this in front of many cameras and TV equipment. Or teleport a whole bunch of people in the audience from one place to the opposite side and the furtherst away? Or fly around like he does? Have you ever seen his shows on TV?

I actually saw him once when he came to Australia in Brisbane.
Now, Brisbane is sub-tropical and the people there have never seen snow. At the end of the show he told us that since we must have never seen snow he was going to show it and at that moment from the ceiling of the enormous theater, snow started to fall all over..... for 10 min. and it was simply magnificent. Only he did in such a way that, as it was touching people or the floor, it disappeared: I thought it was quite understandable since the wetness could have caused people to slip and hurt themselves

During the show he actually flew all over the audience and even offered to have a flight with him to any volunteer: he chose a young woman & just by holding her hand, they flew all over the audience.

Then, he started flying outside over the open carpark, just to prove that there was no trick. Have you ever seen his shows?

You know, I Googled his name and I found out that he has atleast one billion dollars and he has purchased 11 islands and an entire Bay which he calls the Copperfield Bay. Check it out.

How many so called magicians are there that become that rich? and can do what he does?

Stay in touch, I like to hear from you again,

Starchild
Posted By: JCFengShui Re: About Stillness - 03/16/10 05:58 PM
Wow! That is fascinating! (About David Copperfield)

I have never seen a show of his in person, but I have watched him on TV. He is my favorite magician! However, it has been many, many years since I have heard of him performing, and few are the people who remember watching him on TV. Most people I now know have never heard of him.

I had no idea he did those things during live performances.

Flying! When I was a kid I imagined I could do those things. But, that is common for children.

I have read all of Richard Bach's books, even the ones about airplanes. When I was a teen, I read Jonathan Livingston Seagull. When I began a determined path of discovery, when I was 32 years old, a friend handed me a copy of Illusions. So, after I finished it, I reread my copy of Jonathan.

Much has happened in between then and now. Now, I am 49 years old.

I grew up next door to my mother's mother. I was at her house a lot, and she had a great influence on me. She was interested in strange things - such as reflexology - and she taught me as much as she thought I would understand. I think she may or may not have understood what she was teaching me. But, she read The National Enquirer. That paper has a reputation for reporting dramatic events, for reporting ordinary events in a dramatic way, and for making up news. But, I noticed through the years that they would report true things that were simply too strange to appear in normal newspapers.

This is where I would have heard about David Copperfield's performances, if they were reported in America, at all.

Due to my early interest in such things, because of my grandmother, I think I would have remembered it, if this were reported in The National Enquirer. I don't remember it.

But, that is not surprising, as you say, because news of this type would rarely, if ever, be reported here.

I am happy that you remember him! Most people I know do not.

When I read Richard Bach's books, I remember the reference to Don Shimoda and Richard saying that he did, indeed, swim in the earth, but he has been unable to do it, since Don is no longer around. But, at the time I read his books (in my 30's, so 12-15 years ago), I didn't know how much I could believe as truth. It seemed that Richard mixed up truth and fiction somewhat, to make a good read.

JC
Posted By: Anonymous Re: About Stillness - 03/17/10 03:15 AM
Hello JC,

you know, your main media is really under the control of a couple very powerful and wealthy and influential people who must definitely be part of the oligarchy that wants to take over the world through the pretense of a New World Order - very wrong word for it: it should be called New World Chaos and Slavery.

I can't believe that your TV channels never showed his live performances: we've seen many here in Australia - through TV programs. Of course they (your own media) did'nt want people to get the idea that those things were actually possible. Instead make sure that people believe they are helpless, vulnerable and powerless. It will be much easier then to take control over all of them.

Yes, David Copperfield really did all of that and I have to say, that even though it was clear that there could possibly not be a trick, there still are many sceptics who, even having seen it, do not believe it. So there you are.

About Richard Bach, did you know that his first successful book which was made into a beautiful movie with Neil Diamond music, Johnathan Livingston Seagull, he received every word of it into his mind: he actually admitted it in an interview and he said that he got almost the entire book all very quickly and then, the closing, last chapter wasn't coming and he did not know how to finish it. It took him another month before the last chapter was actually 'dictated' into his mind: he said that he does not feel like the author of the book.

And any way, I am convinced that the events in 'Illusions' really happened, but I think that there is a lot of fiction and his own fantasy in the next book called "One". Did you read it?

And did you know that he is not married to Leslie any longer, not for the past 8-9 years anyway? How about that? He never explained what happened: he agreed with Leslie never to say a word of it. All he said was "she had to follow her own path and I my own". And he married again.

Love to you,

Starchild
Posted By: JCFengShui Re: About Stillness - 03/18/10 04:01 AM
Oh, yes, Starchild! You are quite right about the main media.

I am aware of the NWO stuff and think about it whenever I am reminded of more changes toward that end appear in the press or people talk about it.

That is why I am delighted to be discovering all of these OTHER things, too, such as holding Light and Love and the coming ascension to 5th dimension. I felt before there was nothing I could do (powerless) but now I know I can do something.

I HAVE seen David Copperfield on TV. That is how I knew about him! But, it has been 25 years at least, since then, possibly 35 years, because I think I was still living at home and had not yet left home, when I saw him.

But, the televised shows didn't show him flying and such. I think I did see him flying one time, and he did have visible strings attached. But this was so long ago.

I have never, ever, ever heard anyone say that he did things before a live audience as you say. So, if he did, then the shows I saw as a teenage in the 1970's were greatly edited, which is considerably possible. They would not show that stuff on TV.

I am amazed you know so much about Richard Bach. I was unaware of this background on him, even his authorship experience of Jonathan.

I and a handful of my friends, who are aware of the controls in the hands of elite powerful people, have figured out that movies in the past 30 years, and especially in the past 10 years, have dealt with these issues in a fictional way. Those who believe such things are already going on will see these movies as thinly veiled truth.

BUT - I have observed that most people who see movies treat everything they see in a movie as FICTION. This is a psychological effect that works like this:

If they see a movie with a conspiracy in it, say Minority Report, they say to themselves, "this if fiction, it was in this movie, therefore it CANNOT and WILL NOT happen in real life." As a result, they turn on automatic filters to the news and events that would support the view that these things DO and ARE happening in real life.

Both The 13th Floor and Avatar show human consciousness is able to be transferred from a person's original body into another form, whether real or computer generated (but feeling real). What are we to make of this? Are our scientists actually working on this right now? Will we hear within the next 10 years that this has been done?

What regular folks say about movies is informative, because you can see what they are thinking about the content and presentation of the topics addressed in movies.

There is definitely a type of awakening that occurs, before a person is able to grasp that movies often treat topics like fiction when they may not be, so that the movie can be made.

It is information to those who see it that way.

So, yes, I am fully aware of these things, and about how contol of us is being forced upon us. Depressing, unless you understand also that we are becoming lighter, too.

I feel joy at meeting you in these posts! I have felt so isolated for so many years. I think I am finally beginning to realize how much better my life will feel if I surround myself with positive, knowledgeable, awake individuals.

Please do post on other topics! You have insight that needs to be shared, even if people don't respond to your posts. You feel it inside of you, don't you? the urge that you must say something of importance? Well, go ahead! Maybe it takes time for your messages to reach the people you them for, but it will happen.

Thank you for the extra info on David Copperfield, Richard Bach, and Donald Shimoda. I am intrigued.

Blessings,

JC
Posted By: JCFengShui Re: About Stillness - 03/18/10 04:07 AM
And, oh yes, I have read all of Richard Bach's books (unless he has written new ones in the past 10 years).

JC
Posted By: Anonymous Re: About Stillness - 03/18/10 05:39 AM
Hi JC,
nice to hear from you again. And how right you are about the movies of the last 10-15 years. Have you ever heard that the best way to hide something is in the open?

What these new movies showing various conspiracy theories are doing is exactly that: showing real conspiracies as fiction so that anyone that tries to inform people about them, they are ridiculed because they say: "Hey, that's fiction!" The truth is that they are NOT conspiracy theories, they really are a conspiracy and you can hide best out in the open, so nobody will believe it. The various Hollywood moguls are very much into this olygarchy.

I have not seen the 13th Floor or the Avatar movies. I haven't gone to a movie for many years plus, I live 2 and a half hr. away from either Hobart or Launceston in Tasmania (an island south of Melbourne, Australia) and you can find movie theaters only there. For the past 4 years I am also without TV and radio (my choice) and do not read normal newspapers or magazines, but I do get 'real news' from the USA through www.Newswithviews.com and from Europe through www.brusselsjournal.com - and of course I read a lot especially now that, having reached 66 yrs of age, I can get the pension and so I do not need to work.

About your question whether a person's consciousness can be transferred to another person..... it is not possible. Thoughts can be transferred. Consciousness is the spirit of the person and you cannot transfer it to another but, if you were for example in the 7th dim. and therefore "Fully Conscious of God's presence within you" you could give another person an experience of how it is and feels like to be in that dim.

Didn't I send you in another answer to another of my posts a dowload of "an Experience in Cosmic Consciousness" taken from chapter 14 of the book "An Autobiography of a Yogy" which is fully downloadable on the internet freely? Just Google it and you will find it. When I finish this message I shall go and check where I sent you that piece.

Oh, now I remember, it must be in my answer to you on the Amega Zero-Point Energy Wand, just to make a correlation between this energy which in fact is Light and it becomes visible only when you are in the 7th dim. freq.

I like to correspond with you too, take care and love to you,

Starchild
Posted By: Anonymous Re: About Stillness - 03/18/10 05:49 AM
Hi JC,

have you noticed that the webmaster has cancelled altogether my post and your answers from this forum? It's not there any longer. I checked and rechecked.

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that, if using this particular Zero-Point energy Wand one doesn't need all of the self-products sold through Learning Strategies. Otherwise, for what reason would it have been cancelled?

I am really upset about it - I didn't know they would do such a thing.

Starchild
Posted By: Anonymous Re: About Stillness - 03/18/10 05:55 AM
JC,
I was talking of the post titled "Amega Zero-Point Energy Wand".

It is a pity, it was a long answer and I don't remember all of it because I am missing also your own answer to it. But here is a copy of that "Experience in Cosmic Cosciousness" that I mentioned above:

"Poor boy, the mountains couldn't give what you wanted." Master spoke caressively, comfortingly. His calm gaze was unfathomable. "Your heart's desire shall be fulfilled."

Sri Yukteswar seldom indulged in riddles; I was bewildered. He struck gently on my chest above the heart.

My body became immovably rooted; breath was drawn out of my lungs as if by some huge magnet. Soul and mind instantly lost their physical bondage, and streamed out like a fluid piercing light from my every pore. The flesh was as though dead, yet in my intense awareness I knew that never before had I been fully alive. My sense of identity was no longer narrowly confined to a body, but embraced the circumambient atoms. People on distant streets seemed to be moving gently over my own remote periphery. The roots of plants and trees appeared through a dim transparency of the soil; I discerned the inward flow of their sap.

The whole vicinity lay bare before me. My ordinary frontal vision was now changed to a vast spherical sight, simultaneously all-perceptive. Through the back of my head I saw men strolling far down Rai Ghat Road, and noticed also a white cow who was leisurely approaching. When she reached the space in front of the open ashram gate, I observed her with my two physical eyes. As she passed by, behind the brick wall, I saw her clearly still.

All objects within my panoramic gaze trembled and vibrated like quick motion pictures. My body, Master's, the pillared courtyard, the furniture and floor, the trees and sunshine, occasionally became violently agitated, until all melted into a luminescent sea; even as sugar crystals, thrown into a glass of water, dissolve after being shaken. The unifying light alternated with materializations of form, the metamorphoses revealing the law of cause and effect in creation.

An oceanic joy broke upon calm endless shores of my soul. The Spirit of God, I realized, is exhaustless Bliss; His body is countless tissues of light. A swelling glory within me began to envelop towns, continents, the earth, solar and stellar systems, tenuous nebulae, and floating universes. The entire cosmos, gently luminous, like a city seen afar at night, glimmered within the infinitude of my being. The sharply etched global outlines faded somewhat at the farthest edges; there I could see a mellow radiance, ever-undiminished. It was indescribably subtle; the planetary pictures were formed of a grosser light.

The divine dispersion of rays poured from an Eternal Source, blazing into galaxies, transfigured with ineffable auras. Again and again I saw the creative beams condense into constellations, then resolve into sheets of transparent flame. By rhythmic reversion, sextillion worlds passed into diaphanous luster; fire became firmament.

I cognized the center of the empyrean as a point of intuitive perception in my heart. Irradiating splendor issued from my nucleus to every part of the universal structure. Blissful amrita, the nectar of immortality, pulsed through me with a quicksilverlike fluidity. The creative voice of God I heard resounding as Aum,1 the vibration of the Cosmic Motor.

Suddenly the breath returned to my lungs. With a disappointment almost unbearable, I realized that my infinite immensity was lost. Once more I was limited to the humiliating cage of a body, not easily accommodative to the Spirit. Like a prodigal child, I had run away from my macrocosmic home and imprisoned myself in a narrow microcosm.

My guru was standing motionless before me; I started to drop at his holy feet in gratitude for the experience in cosmic consciousness which I had long passionately sought. He held me upright, and spoke calmly, unpretentiously.

"You must not get overdrunk with ecstasy. Much work yet remains for you in the world. Come; let us sweep the balcony floor; then we shall walk by the Ganges."

Isn't it something?

Love, Starchild
Posted By: Anonymous Re: About Stillness - 03/18/10 06:10 AM
Hi JC,

I just found out that another answer of mine which I wrote and submitted as an answer to my post "What we should be thankful for" just half an hour ago has disappeared. It is just not there.

Somebody does not like what I say: too different from their thinking. So I decided to give you (and whoever else wishes to) my email address and you can write to me directly.

Love,

Starchild
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: About Stillness - 03/18/10 11:25 AM
Since I haven't seen the post I cannot comment on your missing post.

Advertising and post that infringe copyright will be deleted. As per sign up agreement the forum is not to be used for advertising.

Alex
Posted By: Reverend Re: About Stillness - 03/18/10 12:57 PM
Starchild, was it an excerpt from Autobiography of a Yogi, by Paramhansa Yogananda?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: About Stillness - 03/18/10 09:21 PM
Yes, Reverend,

that excerpt titled "An Experience in Cosmic Consciousness" is within chapter 14 of the Autobiography of a Yogi byParamhansa Yogananda and if you Google it as the title of the book, the entire book is available to be downloaded chapter by chapter.

Starchild
Posted By: Yukala Re: About Stillness - 03/18/10 09:52 PM

Funny, I do not feel hypocritical at all groupwise or singularly? The forum owners are very tolerant and accomodating actually.

You can build your own 'soapbox' as any of us can do and I bet, you as well as I would 'impose far more rules' in our own forums then they do here.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: About Stillness - 03/18/10 10:05 PM
And you, Yukala, sound as always and you know what I mean since we did have quite an exchange of corespondence.

Love to you,
Starchild
Posted By: Anonymous Re: About Stillness - 03/19/10 05:51 AM
By the way, my email address was removed also and here it is:
starchild@gotalk.net.au
Posted By: Reverend Re: About Stillness - 03/19/10 11:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Starchild
...that excerpt titled "An Experience in Cosmic Consciousness" is within chapter 14 of the Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda and if you Google it as the title of the book, the entire book is available to be downloaded chapter by chapter.

Terrific book! I have a hard copy of it in my library, and I read it 2 or 3 times already, and every time you read it, you notice something new in it. Actually, I think such books are a must for everyone's library, and more and more books now come out of print - where to get so much time to read it, and then apply the knowledge? smile
Posted By: Reverend Re: About Stillness - 03/19/10 11:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Yukala
...You can build your own 'soapbox' as any of us can do and I bet, you as well as I would 'impose far more rules' in our own forums then they do here.

That's not a very easy suggestion, as you might think. To register a domain name and set up a forum is not so difficult. The most difficult part is how to persuade people coming to your forums, and correspond with each other wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: About Stillness - 03/19/10 09:37 PM
You are right, Reverend, and if you are not selling something and buy a list of email addresses from various groups (like Amazon.com, for example) so that you get an idea who is buying what and then send them free articles advertising what you sell, how can you build up a Forum?

Love to you,

Starchild
Posted By: Reverend Re: About Stillness - 03/20/10 11:26 AM
Starchild, well, you see, if you plan to create a great forum, you will never accomplish your vision by selling something AND maintaining forum. It has to be the main goal, and not to create a forum, correspond with people, and then you can seel something. It should be sort of a hobby.

I am helping one monastery, pay and help to maintain their Web site, and there is a forum on that Web site. It took more than a year for that forum to keep it up and running, and you just can't imagine how difficult it is to keep clean from spammers every day, to delete and grant subscriptions, and so on. It's not difficult, but the work is routine, and it sometimes kills me smile Still, if there is a good idea, and there will be at least 20 active members, it is possible to think of some sort of forum project and discuss wisdom stuff there smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: About Stillness - 03/21/10 12:12 AM
Thank you Reverend: that is one of the reasons why I do not do it: I would have to spend my entire time just doing that. Later on, perhaps in private, as we are already doing, I'll tell you the main reason why I will not do that.

In the meantime, have a good Sunday!

Starchild
Posted By: uniquesoul Re: About Stillness - 03/22/10 01:27 AM
If you want to run a forum, then make it private only so you don't have to worry about spammers, etc. You invite whoever you want from other forums.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: About Stillness - 03/22/10 03:49 AM
Frankly, Uniquesoul, I would'nt know how to do that, how to create a Forum I mean.

Starchild
Posted By: Reverend Re: About Stillness - 03/22/10 08:53 AM
Originally Posted By: uniquesoul
If you want to run a forum, then make it private only so you don't have to worry about spammers, etc. You invite whoever you want from other forums.

In such a case forum will never be a real forum, it's a discussion that can be coreesponded by e-mail smile

Actually, there should be some time taken to moderate every forum, and of course, it requires some work on your part, or on someone you trust, or hire to do such a work...
Posted By: uniquesoul Re: About Stillness - 03/23/10 02:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Starchild
Frankly, Uniquesoul, I would'nt know how to do that, how to create a Forum I mean.

Starchild

Go to the Holosync Ning Forum:
http://meditationgroup.ning.com/
On the righthhand side after you scroll down towards the middle of the page there is a link called "Create a Ning Network". It should help you to create a forum which you can set to private to avoid spammers, etc. and make moderation easier. You can invite people you like and get them to propose new members.
Posted By: uniquesoul Re: About Stillness - 03/23/10 02:58 AM
I disagree, Reverend, about a private forum being replaced by emailing. You can do that through YahooGroups, but it serves a different purpose. If a forum is set up in an orderly fashion, then information can be retrieved from it in the future. It is more complicated to do it through YahooGroups which can be more open to spamming. Past discussions can be very helpful and can be easily updated on a private forum. Also people tend to be a bit more open about private matters on a private forum than they are on a public one. Of course, a small forum may also become deserted after a while. Moderating a big forum is a hell of a lot of work even if you set up a group of moderators. Unless you make a forum accessible through a fee or full of banners which pay you some money, you cannot hire anybody.
Posted By: Reverend Re: About Stillness - 03/23/10 08:28 AM
Go to the Holosync Ning Forum:
http://meditationgroup.ning.com/
On the righthhand side after you scroll down towards the middle of the page there is a link called "Create a Ning Network". It should help you to create a forum which you can set to private to avoid spammers, etc. and make moderation easier. You can invite people you like and get them to propose new members.

They have very poor forum engine, so to chat only privately maybe will be useful, but not more. Also, setting such forum will not guarantee you frequent backups, so you may lose all the database in one minute if they experience severe hack attack on their servers, anf then you won't have any possibility to retrieve it.
Posted By: Reverend Re: About Stillness - 03/23/10 08:43 AM
I disagree, Reverend, about a private forum being replaced by emailing. If a forum is set up in an orderly fashion, then information can be retrieved from it in the future.

Well, maybe yes, I would agree by retrieving information in the future... Still, what use of private forums when it's much more interesting to read many views of the point you are talking about?

Quote:
Past discussions can be very helpful and can be easily updated on a private forum. Also people tend to be a bit more open about private matters on a private forum than they are on a public one. Of course, a small forum may also become deserted after a while.

Are you participating in any private forums, BTW?

Quote:
Moderating a big forum is a hell of a lot of work even if you set up a group of moderators.

Not as difficult as it may seem like. Setting up takes something like a week, or a bit more to test if everything is working, then moderating - not more than 20 minutes a day, and you can still moderate it 3 times a week if you want.

Quote:
Unless you make a forum accessible through a fee or full of banners which pay you some money, you cannot hire anybody.

Your forum must be REALLY good to earn something on banners. We have a forum, discussion on Christianity hosted on the Web site of one monastery in Ukraine. There are more than 100 visitors daily. We used to put a Google Adsense there, and it earned around 10 EURO per month, so we took it off there, since those ads were a bit annoying...

If you set up a fee to join a forum, I think very few people would choose to pay. Earning from banners, or context ads is more preferrable, but forum has to be really popular to earn at least 200-300 USD per month.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: About Stillness - 03/23/10 08:48 PM
Thank you for the information, Uniquesoul:

I did start to set up my private forum yesterday, but halfway through itI decided Not to because I realized that nobody is interested in what I would like to share anyway: I can see from the LSC forum responses or, better, lack of them.

Anyway, thank you so much, have a great day!

Starchild
Posted By: Reverend Re: About Stillness - 03/24/10 08:48 AM
To make forum interesting, so that people visit it often is much more difficult than creating and maintaining it...
Posted By: uniquesoul Re: About Stillness - 03/24/10 01:32 PM
I was invited into a private forum at the beginning of the year. I found it most helpful and very open about private matters relevant to the main topics covered by the forum. There are 10 people on it, but a couple do not contribute hardly ever. So far the Ning forum has not collapsed.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: About Stillness - 03/25/10 11:52 PM
Hi Uniquesoul,

will you please give me the site address for that private Forum please, thank you

Love to you,

Starchild
Posted By: uniquesoul Re: About Stillness - 03/26/10 11:08 AM
The purpose of the forum is stated as:

Private group discussion by users EEG Biofeedback and Neurofeedback discuss impact of NF on their life and those around them.

Are you currently doing any Neurofeedback or EEG Biofeedback? Have you done it in the past? The forum is strongly focused on these subjects, not like here on LSC where you can discuss more general topics about personal development. The administrator needs to admit you because she knows you from another forum or because a member recommends you on the basis of experience and/or knowledge about the topics covered by the forum. So people would not be interested in 2012 topics, universal consciouness, etc. and other topics you like to discuss on here.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: About Stillness - 03/26/10 09:45 PM
So be it, I am not interested in wasting my time on such things, thank you.

Stachild
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement