Posted By: klemptor How do you know what you want? - 08/21/99 07:16 AM
This may seem like a strange question, but how do you know what you want?

The problem that I am having is that I have so many interests and avenues of opportunity open to me that I am experiencing decision paralysis. I am having a problem prioritizing my life.

Any thoughts?

Posted By: ELLIOT Re: How do you know what you want? - 12/22/99 01:48 PM
You obviously are suffering from a lack of self discipline. You have too much going on and as a result you are like a boat without a rudder..eventually you will drift and land on some unchartered island. You must set a course for yourself. You must prioritize which includes the use of goal setting and the establishment of a compelling future.
I suggest you read AWAKEN THE GIANT WITHIN by Anthony Robbins. By establishing what your beliefs, values and rules are...you should be able to derive a master plan...and like a torpedo heading straight for its' target...hit your mark. Good luck to you.

Posted By: Ska Re: How do you know what you want? - 01/17/00 08:53 PM
Very interesting question!
I have followed the course of this quest for over five years. reading all kinds of literatuure and attending all types of courses (including "awaken the giant...".
The answer is almost impossible, but it appears that you, like me, are a very conceptual person and this leads us to invent ideas and business concepts by the minute - a very right brain activity. My recommendation is try the webiste www.bobproctor.com. Although a lot of the titles sound cheesy they are very practicasl I highly recommend "Born Rich". give it a try.

Posted By: matthewwp Re: How do you know what you want? - 01/18/00 01:57 AM
I relate to this a lot. I am left handed, was a gifted child, took music as my major and am a computer/E-commerce consultant.
I have invented a few dozen inventions, written hundreds of songs and compositions, written stories, screenplay ideas etc. Most of these have never been finished. I have never held a job (I'm 43) for over 2 years, and that was a part time teaching position at a junior college.
I've started several businesses and made a go at some, but never took them to the level that I could retire.

I have studied the teachings of Jesus, and believe that a person must come to the end of self to tune into the 5th dimension; the spiritual world. Once we've given up trying to be the savior, we can ask the true savior what to do.
It is much easier to be an employee, or slave, than a god. Our society offers us so many choices, we can bog down with the possibilities. Prioritizing helps; but if we are in it for "self" the prioritizing is much harder, because the truth is apart from God we don't know what we want, except momentary carnal impulses like food, sex, drugs etc.
I found peace in serving others, for until I could love my neighbor as myself, I couldn't love myself. When we spend a lot of time helping others we are enriched, and our direction is clearere, plus we don't have so much time to waste on "what I want", so we use it more wisely.

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement