Posted By: happyday Silva Mind Control - 04/03/01 12:23 AM
To Margaret:

Did you take part in the Silva seminar yet? Given your experience with various methods - How did it go?

Looking forward to your reply

Happyday

Posted By: Margaret Re: Silva Mind Control - 04/03/01 01:21 AM
happyday,
Yes, i went. I have to really think how to put it so that i'm not misleading. I had never attended a workshop before. Plus, i had purchased the home study course & all the books including his Autobiography.

I guess i really did not need to go. The first day was verbatim to the home study course....(as purchased from Laredo, TX). This course is 12 tapes, a video & pamphlet. I was disappointed b/c i knew it all & had paid a lot of $$. Yet, i did realize that i know a lot more than i thought i did. Getting out in public really is an eye-opener. So, i now have much more confidence in my knowledge base.

Now the 2nd day was interesting. Here we did the lab & counselors. This is the only thing that is not on the home study course. To make a long story short: I did 6 cases of illness correctly. It was very very odd. I only knew their names & age & address. How in the world i knew that some guy had his hip replaced & someone else had just been diagnosed w/ glaucoma, i'll never know. So, things on the 2nd day are things you just have to be in a class to experience.

That said: There is no need to attend a Silva BLS to derive much benifit from Silva practices. I had actually had more successes than some of the people who were attending for the 2nd time. I attribute it to holosync. I just know that i immediately had success w/ Silva techniques. Tangible, easily observable successes.

That said: I still use my paraliminal tapes. I love most of them. I used AP this weekend for more steps for the workshop. I have Self-Esteem in the recorder to listen to tonight prior to the h/s listening.

I just use ALL the tools in my toolbox as the need arises. The need is determined by what feels right. If there is something specific you would like to know that i have not addressed, please ask. I hope i've been clear.

quote:
Originally posted by happyday:
To Margaret:

Did you take part in the Silva seminar yet? Given your experience with various methods - How did it go?

Looking forward to your reply

Happyday

Posted By: Curious1 Re: Silva Mind Control - 04/03/01 08:41 PM
Hi Margaret,
As someone who has done both the Silva Method and Holosync, which would you recommend to someone who wants to develop stronger intuitive and even latent psychic abilities as part of daily living? Right now, I pretty much do my own prayer and meditation on the Bible and am looking for a method that might enhance or turbocharge my devotional life over the long haul. Cost, as always, is a factor (I heard that to really benefit from the Holosync products u have to stick with it longer-that means 10-12 more levels of tapes/cds for me!). I do photoread of course, and any advice would be greatly appreciated

Posted By: Margaret Re: Silva Mind Control - 04/03/01 10:27 PM
You want to develop stronger intuitive and even latent psychic abilities as part of your daily life.

I wanted this exact same thing. It all happened as a result of doing the PhRing home study course. Definitely...that started it for me. Then i did the Personal Genius tape for this development.

H/S is very unique. If you ignore the advertisement & the pressure, you can buy Awakening Prologue for 150 i think. You do have a full yr. to return it if you don't like it. And if you do order it, i'd definitely ask for cd not tapes. But, w/ the concern w/ money, you should decide to not go on. Listen, these companies don't want us to get 1 thing & stop buying. They want us to buy & buy. They have to in order to survive. So, just do not allow anyone to pressure you into thinking that AP will wear out. It does NOT have to. Recently i read where someone had been successfully using AP for 2 yrs. w/ great results. This is easily possible. Why? You are listening as a meditation. Once you get to the point where it does not feel as powerful, which only means you stay fully alert, you just continue to meditate. Very, very worthwhile. So, get the false idea that you MUST go on to deeper levels to progress. This is just not so.

Silva home study course from Laredo (not from anywhere else) is 135. This is very worthwhile. Also the little blue book by Jose Silva & You the Healer. Those 2 books & the TXs home study course are very worthwhile. Silva stuff works wonders when you have developed a deep steady alpha brain wave state. For all i know, all that stuff Brian talks about may do very nicely. I'm old & have no mind for such complicated stuff. I have my h/s cd's & that's it.

Bottom line: To develop intuition, you need to activate the right brain hemisphere. Staying in a steady deep alpha state will do it. The thing i like about Silva is his spiritual side. Another thing i like is his programming stuff. It works. But, i don't know if it works for me b/c of all the paraliminals i use & the h/s which i've been doing for 1.5 yrs or not. There was a time when for almost a full year, i listened to Deep Relaxation every single night to learn how to get rid of stress. I don't think i would experience the success w/ Silva stuff had i not had the paraliminal & h/s background.

And, as i have said....i still use it all.

quote:
Originally posted by Curious1:
Hi Margaret,
As someone who has done both the Silva Method and Holosync, which would you recommend to someone who wants to develop stronger intuitive and even latent psychic abilities as part of daily living? Right now, I pretty much do my own prayer and meditation on the Bible and am looking for a method that might enhance or turbocharge my devotional life over the long haul. Cost, as always, is a factor (I heard that to really benefit from the Holosync products u have to stick with it longer-that means 10-12 more levels of tapes/cds for me!). I do photoread of course, and any advice would be greatly appreciated

Posted By: Margaret Re: Silva Mind Control - 04/03/01 10:43 PM
High,
I think i've almost answered your questions in the other post.

My tool box consists of: Learning Strategies, Centerpointe, Silva. This is the order in which they entered my life. I really can't rank one over the other. For me, all three are vital.

ALL present growth systems find their roots in Silva. It does continue to be the most imitated system. But, it is still in its original form. The children of Jose Silva are honoring his request to keep it the same. Jose Silva was a Catholic. There was nothing odd about him other than he was a total visionary who loved his 10 children. He was so poor that he never went to a single day of school. He was shining shoes at the age of 5. The man worked & accomplished more than you can imagine. AND, he did it during a time when America was very backward. Paul Scheele doing his stuff in 1986 is a far cry from Jose Silva doing his stuff in 1950. Silva even had the Catholic Church on his back.

IMHO Silva stuff is valuable. Call it Remote Viewing & charge plenty of $$$ & you know what.........it'll still be Silva stuff. Fact. The Laredo stuff is plain ordinary stuff. It is not presented like LS stuff. Some of my tapes are not so great. But the content is there & they are nice people. IMHO Paul Scheele is either a clone of Jose Silva or he knew to imitate the best of Silva. I say this b/c LS is a fantastic corporation that mirrors Silva's intention to help others. It's just that Jose was into healing. But now so is LS w/ Qigong. I know from my heart that Master Chunyi Lin is a healer & the real thing.

Your worries about Silva are unfounded. You already are doing all kinds of Silva stuff and just don't know it!

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited April 03, 2001).]

Posted By: Curious1 Re: Silva Mind Control - 04/04/01 12:55 AM
Thanks Margaret for your considered response to help a fellow traveller. I will mull over some of the things you said. Btw, Do you happen to know whether Nightingale Conant's Silva Method course (By Robert Stone) is worth checking out?

[This message has been edited by Curious1 (edited April 03, 2001).]

Posted By: Margaret Re: Silva Mind Control - 04/04/01 01:19 AM
curious,
I know nothing about it other than what it says in the title. It indicates that it is a relaxation method. The best relaxation method i've ever found is Deep Relaxation paraliminal.

I don't approach Silva w/ the intention to relax. I use it for programing, i.e., for correcting problems & for healing & for developing behaviors. I also use New Behavior paraliminal tape. For instance i've started using New Behavior for extending my habit of having to go to the bathroom immediately after doing Qigong.

I also don't like to purchase the *other* stuff if the original is available.

Posted By: Curious1 Re: Silva Mind Control - 04/04/01 02:04 AM
Ok, thanks alot for your insights.

Posted By: happyday Re: Silva Mind Control - 04/04/01 02:36 AM
Thank you Margaret, your replies are very valuable.
So, what was new to you was diagnosing illness of strangers who aren't even in the same place where you are. I keep wondering, why you need to go to a course to have these experiences. What draws me to the life course are those psychic abilities.(I know, you'll say, you don't need to go to a class, but I know for myself that in me is one big "I want to" and another even bigger "I can't, it's all fake" attitude) I am hoping a life class would give me initial first hand experience with this. At the same time I am afraid, my beliefs will prevent this. The question remains, why can a class give you more? I think, there are two options: pure teaching know-how, that isn't covered in a tape course or book (or is it?). Leaves the question why the Silva family keeps it that way. Secondly, some I - don't-know-what-ability of the teacher to play a make-believe-game which leads to the question: If you've done it once in class, is that like riding a bicycle - you can always do it again?

As I wrote somewhere else, so far I have read the little blue book "The Silva Mind control" by Jose Silva and went through the Nightingale tape course. The course helped me to reach an alpha level easily, wake up at a certain time in the morning, remember my dreams, program myself to do something. All this worked instantly. However, I can't bring myself to believe enough in the other features where it goes into influencing other people. I personally never had any strange coincidences happening to me and I don't know anybody personally who does. Let's say the environment I grew up and the people I know don't really nurture this kind of thinking. I LIKE the IDEA of being able to do for instance healing, but the way my belief system is right now I am doing my best to prevent any actual experiences. I don't even start doing the excercises because I am afraid I'll never "get it".

Any ideas on how one can trap that old belief to be free to experiment with the really juicy Silva excercises?

Happyday

Posted By: Margaret Re: Silva Mind Control - 04/04/01 03:11 AM
I wish i knew how to do the pieces of quotes the way other people do.

The mind of a true teacher is capable of influencing a student. In sports we are always taught to play w/ someone who is a little better because this will increase our abilities. It's the same here.

The home study course does not have the lab or counselors. Just like PhRing. There's the book level, the home study course level & the seminar level. Each builds on the other, but even the first level will work. It's like that.

I was intimidated w/ what happened in class. I am not thinking that i will work on cases at this time.

That's kind of what i thought about that other course. It is mainly for relaxing into the alpha. I really think LS has great stuff for that. Memory Supercharger really relaxes me. Even the 10 Minute S.. relaxes me totally. I'm sure i'm in alpha w/ both tapes. And, you get the added bonus of NLP stuff w/ the paraliminals.

You've already had success, so build on success. That's what it's all about. Recalling your successes. YOu did not mention all the other things that are more important.

Pull out the blue book. Turn to mirror of the mind section. Read it & get an understanding of how to do it. It's clear in the book. It works too. Then use a paraliminal like Personal Genius, Self-Esteem... or New Behavior to also work on this fear of not getting it. Believe me, that is also my fear. I always have this fear that i'm not teachable & that i can't learn. I trace it to my mother's attitude toward me when i was growing up. I was constantly called defiant & somehow given the impression that i was not teachable. Your fears are probably not much different. We're all very similar w/ core beliefs.

Good luck!

quote:
Originally posted by happyday:

. I don't even start doing the excercises because I am afraid I'll never "get it".

Any ideas on how one can trap that old belief to be free to experiment with the really juicy Silva excercises?

Happyday

Posted By: happyday Re: Silva Mind Control - 04/05/01 04:24 AM
Margaret, thank you so much. I always appreciate your posts. The last one brought me back on track. Moving on and doing again instead of hesitating, worrying and what if's. Did what you recommended and will do so until I finally go to that course in a couple of weeks.

I do have another question though: "I was intimidated w/ what happened in class. I am not thinking that i will work on cases at this time." Why?

Another more practical question: I am having dificulties in imagining the screens a few feet away from me. It's always more towards 15". I tried looking at a door a few feet away and then closing my eyes, remembering it - not much success. Maybe it doesn't matter that much anyway.

Happyday

Posted By: happyday Re: Silva Mind Control - 04/05/01 04:30 AM
Margaret,

Sorry for bothering you again. Here is yet another question. what did you get out of the book "You the healer"?

Of course, I'd like to hear from others too who read this and preferably applied what's written in there.

On that note, I keep looking for Laura Silva's "For parents only". It's out of print. I'm in the amazone out-of-print-search systems. Not much luck there yet. Library is out of question for me here. Any other suggestions/ internet solutions?

Have a nice day everybody,

Happyday

[This message has been edited by happyday (edited April 05, 2001).]

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement