Posted By: Dosetsu Finding Lost Objects - 04/12/03 08:08 PM
About 2 or 3 years ago I wrote a post on Mindlist on a hypnosis technique I developed to find lost objects. The technique is basically to induce catalepsy in an arm or hand and ask your unconscious where the object is. My hand will point to the location or I'll suddenly know where I left the object. This almost always worked for me. The times it did not were when someone els moved it from where I last had it, or in another case I put something in a drawer and it fell behind the back of the drawer into the desk. My unconscious always pointed to the drawer which It was not in. I did not find it until I was cleaning out my desk.

Last fall I was listening to the old Nightingale-Conant Silva tapes. I helped my dad move his office a month or so before. My mom lost her cell phone and they wanted me to help them look for it at the new office. She thought it was in a certain place but it was not there. My technique didn't work since I was not the one who saw it last. I put myself in a light trance, and visualized the phone. I saw it surrounded by blue. I called her up and told her to check her car which was blue. She found nothing. I went into the office and saw a closed box. For some reason I opened it and say it was full of blue charts. I took out some charts and the cell phone was under them. This was missing for over a month.

Last night I was shopping at a new Super Walmart. This was the third time I've been there, and it is still unfamiliar to me. I was looking all over for something in the places I thought it should be but I got nowhere. I then put myself in a light trance and imagined what the object looked like. I then knew exactly where it was and walked across maybe 1/4 of the store directly to the exact shelf it was on. This was a section of the store I'd never been to.

Posted By: tracey Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/13/03 12:12 AM

Would you describe the basic processes that you use? (other than 'put myself into light trance')

Thanks

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/14/03 02:59 AM
Here is the technique I developed and posted on Mindlist. It is the first one I wrote about in the first post on this thread:

Several people have written me asking for more information on catalepsy. I won't go into a dictionary definition, I'll just explain how I do it. Catalepsy is covered in the book "Training Trances" by John Overdurf and Julie Silverthorn, and I think it is also covered in "Trance-Formations", both books anyone at all interested in hypnosis should BUY AND READ.

I learned how to do catalepsy as a result of learning the Visual Squash and the 6-Step Reframe in Practitioner Training. The yes/no signals in the 6-Step Reframe can be in any modality. I used kinesetic signals, mostly finger signals. I later adapted them for test taking and recall techniques for Photoreading. In the version of the Visual Squash I learned, each hand represents a part and your hands move together on their own as the parts integrate. Both of these techniques, at least how I do them, require catalepsy, so I learned to induce catalepsy as a by product of learning these techniques. Later, in hypnosis training, I learned how to do arm levitation and leveraged inductions, which also use catalepsy. All these techniques involve communication with the unconscious, and I think are more stressed in therapy-oriented trainings. A simple double bind technique you can do is raise your arm, make it stiff and say,"My arm will not return to its original position any more quickly than my unconscious mind X.", with X being what you want it to work on. For example, after reading or Photoreading a book, you can say,"My arm will not return to its original position any more quickly than my unconscious mind integrates this information and makes it available to me whenever I want or need it." Basically, leverage it with any suggestion you want to give your unconscious. I eventually started to induce catalepsy in my hand and giving my unconscious instructions on what I wanted it to do, on the spot. This is how I came up with the test taking techniques. I actually developed them during a test. I've also used this in martial arts training to help with intuition and sakkijutsu. A common exercise to develop catalepsy is to hold out your hands in front of you, and imagine a large brick tied to one hand and a group of balloons tied to another, and notice how one hand involuntarily moves up and the other moves down.

Now, on to the finding lost objects technique. Here are the steps:

1. Induce catalepsy in one arm or hand.

2. Tell your unconscious what you are looking for and ask it to help you find it.

3. Follow where it points, and seach for the object where it says it is. Sometimes the answer might just pop into your head, other times you may have to follow where your hand points. During the Christmas Season of 1998, I was using my pocketkinfe to repair the lights on the tree, when someone called me to help them with something. The next day, I noticed my knife was missing, so I did the technique and it brought me to the place I was working on the lights. It was not there. A week later I learned that my nephew took it from that location right after I left. This was the only time the technique did not work for me, but that was because my unconscious had no way of knowing that someone else moved it from the place it last saw it.

I'm sure there are many other ways to do this technique and even better techniques for these applications, so play around with this information and see what you can discover.

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/14/03 03:06 AM
To answer you question about putting myself in a trance, I can just do that automatically for a light trance. Once you are used to going into trance, whether from self-hypnosis, listening to tapes like Paraliminals, practicing the Silva Mathod, accessing the Accelerated Learning State, etc. you can pretty much just get into the state automatically. By light trance I mean a state like the accelerated learning state. I can do this when I'm active in situations like shopping and even martial arts training. At first you might want to stop what you are doing and close your eyes and do the 3-2-1 method. Even just doing the "tangdarine technique" and photofocusing will work. After a little practice you should be able to do it at will.

As to what I did using the Silva Method, all I did was imagine that I was where the object was once I was in trance. I sort of focused on what I was looking for and saw what surrounded it in the case of the phone or let my intuition guide me to what I was looking for when I was shopping. It really was that simple.

BTW, I just finished listening to the newer Silva Ultramind ESP CDs this morning. IMO the 6-tape program published a few years ago was much better. I was thinking 2 more tapes would be better.

[This message has been edited by Dosetsu (edited April 13, 2003).]

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/20/03 05:22 AM
Dosetsu,

What kind of martial arts training have you had?

Parag

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/20/03 05:59 AM
Mostly Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, also known as Ninpo Taijutsu or Ninjutsu.

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/19/03 06:48 PM
Dosetsu:

Do you still practice ninjutsu? They teach around your area?

I hardly ever saw a class on it in any of the areas I went to.

Parag

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/19/03 07:38 PM
There is a small training group in Phoenix where I train. Are you in the Phoenix area?

If you go to www.ninjutsu.com or www.winjutsu.com and look around a bit you'll find a dojo directory on either site. Not every dojo is listed. Most schools tend to be small and usually meet in a park or backyard.

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/19/03 08:16 PM
I live in the Albany, NY area. Are you familiar with Albany, NY or Saratoga Springs, NY. I know in the 80s Ninjutsu was very very popular.

I know Frank Dux whose story was based up in Bloodsport is a ninja.

So, are you also part magician Dojetsu? I remember about Ninjas being a jack of all trades when I was reading about in the 80s.

Parag

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/19/03 08:26 PM
In New York the higest ranked instructor is Jack Hoban. Ninjutsu was part of pop culture in the 80s but the true art did not have enough instructors at the time. Now there are more people training in Ninpo than at any time in history. I'm not a magician, but I do have a friend who is that also trains in Ninpo. A lot of the stealth and disappearing ninja were popular for comes from perfecting the body movement skills, or taijutsu.

Edited to add: Here is a dojo in Albany: http://www.tonypereiraonline.com/mikewoerner.htm

[This message has been edited by Dosetsu (edited April 20, 2003).]

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/20/03 02:25 PM
Dosetsu:

Thanks for the link. I will try to contact Mike. Where did you find this person? I know I have to get better at internet searching.

Parag

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/20/03 07:00 PM
http://www.winjutsu.com/winlinks.html
http://www.ninjutsu.com/dojos-links.shtml

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/21/03 01:10 AM
Dosetsu:

It seems like a few of my posts to you have been deleted.

Parag

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/21/03 04:46 PM
dosetsu:

Have you met Dr. Hatsumi, Stephen Hayes and Ronald Duncan?

Parag

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/21/03 04:52 PM
I've not met any of them, but I have trained at 2 Tai Kai (seminars/conventions taught by Hatsumi Sensei) with Hatsumi Sensei, one in 2002 and one in 1999. Stephen Hayes was attending the 1999 Tai Kai. The head of the dojo I train at is a personal student of Hatsumi Sensei (as all shidoshi are) and was once a student of Hayes.

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/22/03 05:59 AM
Dosetsu:

Do you remember a prime time series, about an American Ninja back in the 80s?

I was thinking the Korean ninjas are Hwrang do warriors? Do you know if China had their own ninja warriors or their own ninjutsu system? I thought I might have read that China and Korea have like their own ninja warriors or ninjutsu system.

Parag

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/21/03 07:26 PM
The series was "The Master." It was ok for an 80s TV show, but not a realistic portrayal of ninpo. I rented a few episodes at a video store a couple years ago, so you should be able to find them if you want to. For realistic ninja movies check out the "Shinobi No Mono" movies at www.samuraiflix.com . While there are ninpo practitioners all over the world today, it is a Japanese style. All true ninja were Japanese. The arts that became ninjutsu did come from the Chinese Tang Dynasty, but they were not really ninjutsu at that point. Many countries and cultures had warriors that filled similar roles as the ninja but that does not make them ninja. In modern times we have special forces like the Green Berets and Navy SEALS.

If you want more information in greater detail you may wish ti check out www.e-budo.com . There are people on the ninjutsu forum that are much more knowlegable in ninpo, especially the history, than I am.

[This message has been edited by Dosetsu (edited April 21, 2003).]

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/22/03 12:09 AM
Are green berets and navy seals trained be assasins? Are they also master of disguises and stealth?

I think what seperates Ninpo from other arts is that it teaches more military applications? For example you learn how to disguise yourself, you learn how to be stealthy, and you learn how to fight in the water? Also fighting blindfolded and being doublejointed? Illusion also? Also hypnotist? I understand Samurais and Ninjas had a rivalry going.

I will defiantely tour the sites you have mentioned.

Parag

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/22/03 04:18 PM
There are some specific techniques for stealth, but the ability to do them comes from practicing taijutsu, so people who don't know they are practicing stealth are still building up the skill to use the stealth techniques. What you will find in a typical ninpo dojo is learning to fall and roll, unarmed techniques, weapons techniques, and techniques to counter weapons. Pretty much everything else depends on the instructor. Some instructors teach many of the things ninja were famous for and others don't. All the skills depend on taijutsu though, which is what everyone should be focusing on.

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/22/03 10:58 PM
Would you say there are a number of different styles of ninpo since ninja instructors will teach and not teach certain things?

So, ninpo instructors will mainly teach taijutsu or hand to hand combat? I imagine the ninja being able to do things like walk on paper rice like in the TV show Kung Fu. In your training are they teaching you hypnosis and mental development stuff?

Did you ever meet Frank Dux or come across his style? Do you know a lot about him? I know he wrote a book called Secret Me I think.

Parag

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/22/03 11:19 PM
There are so far three historically verifiable schools, Togakure Ryu (the only one publically taught), Kumogakure Ryu, and Gyokushin Ryu. Each individual intructor will have their own teaching style. When I taught, my lessons were very different from my instructor's.

"So, ninpo instructors will mainly teach taijutsu or hand to hand combat?"

Correct. Even the ones who teach other things will want you to learn the basics first.

"I imagine the ninja being able to do things like walk on paper rice like in the TV show Kung Fu."

At my school we do practice stealth, but not with rice paper. We normally train in the park and dired leaves work well for this. My last instructor did not care for any of this. It all really depends on whether the individual instructor likes to or not.

"In your training are they teaching you hypnosis and mental development stuff?"

My formal hypnosis training is from NLP Trainings Unlimited and Essential-Skills. I also train with books, audios, and videos. Some instructors teach this stuff but none I've trained with do. I'm the only one in my dojo with such training.

If by mental development you mean sixth sense development, that is hard to explain. It sort of develops naturally through our physical training. I have a friend who is very good at it who taught me, but as far as I know it is not formally taught. For the most part it just develops as you train.

"Did you ever meet Frank Dux or come across his style? Do you know a lot about him? I know he wrote a book called Secret Me I think."

There was an expose' in Soldier of Fortune Magazine a few years ago on him. It appears his CIA, ninja, etc history was all made up.

Posted By: Arthur Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/23/03 04:32 AM
Dosetsu, could you go into greater detail about the PhotoReading technique, here or maybe on the PR'ing forum? I don't know much NLP...so maybe explain it with that in mind...Thanks

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/23/03 04:51 AM
Dosetsu:

What is remarkable about the guy you referred me was that not only is he in my area? He is sort of my neighbor. He lives in the same development as I do. If I would have found about such a person in my neighborhood when I was a kid and the guy was teaching than I would be over and be willing to do anything to learn. Of course now I am sort of a little different. Plus, I doubt this guy was teaching when I was a kid. I did not move into this development till I was Junior in high school. But I know back than I would have done anything to train in such a art. I would have been in awe if I found a ninja in my own neighborhood when I was a kid.

I am thinking maybe ninja instructions back when I was a kid could have fetched far more dollars for lessons when I was a kid since there was such a big craze for it. I discussed fees with this guy and he told me he charges $40 an hour or $50 an hour if I can bring a couple of people with me. Unfortunately right now I dont know of anyone that is interested. He says the reason he charges that much is because one he only wants serious or people who really want to know the art. There is not that many or far and few between bona fide ninja instructors. He also wants to keep his class small.

Are the fees at your dojo similiar? Or are they like more affordable? He did mention to me that ninjutsu is not typically inexpensive to learn. He is also a US Marshal. I think he is right since Ninja experts are not a dime a dozen. There are not too many who are experts or really know the art.

I know for Karate, Judo and Jujitsu around here they typically charge $65 to $75 a month last time I checked. There might be a karate place I heard of that is $85 a month. But these places the owners pay rent and stuff like that. I know if you go take it at a college it is like $65 to $75 a semester.

Do you know if in Ninja history, people have paid a lot or worked a lot to learn the art? I remember watching movies about students who wanted to learn the art, had to do stuff to learn like work and do chores. This is the movies though. I would imagines offsprings of ninjas got it free.

When you mean sixth sense are you talking about things like ESP or when people are trying to sneak up on you and pop you? Or things like finding lost objects, predicting the future, or mind reading?

So, they are also saying that Frank Dux's Kumite experience in Hong Kong is also made up? He probably was never in the military and he never really had Japanese instructor he came in contact with.

This guy, you referred me to he did all the martials arts and he found Ninjutsu is all that he was looking for and he likes it the best. He finds ninjutsu has what is missing in the arts he was practicing before. If he could have started with Ninjutsu that is what he would have done.

Dosetsu, is Ninjutsu your favorite martial art, or you think it is an outstanding tool in your arsenal? Like you would not think it is better for you or better than any of the arts out there.

I know Bruce Lee created his own style because there was something missing in other arts? That is just my guess.

Parag

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/24/03 05:24 AM
Parag,

In the dojos I've trained in, the first good one charged $45.00 per month from 1994-1996 when typical martial arts dojos were at least $65.00 per month. We also could go to 6 classes per week. They did have to close down though, so maybe their fees were too low. My second instructor had no dojo and taught in the park or at his friend's excercise center and he charged $35.00 per month, but only had 3 classes per week and for the last two years of operation I was doing most of the teaching. The guy who currently leads our group just earned his black belt and charges $25.00 per month. IIRC they guy near you is a high level black belt. The costs usually depend on the experience of the instructor and whether he has his own dojo or not. Another factor is that he is teaching private lessons, which are usually expensive in any art. Those costs are low for private lessons, IMO. My first instructor charged $50.00/ hr.

On those directory pages there are other instructors listed in New York who may have actual dojos if that is what you are interested in.

Historically, if you were born into a ninja clan you really had no choice whether you trained or not. Your training would usually start with your father and later on you'd train with your local instructor. The part about doing chores is typical for many martial arts back then.

By sixth sense in ninjutsu, from my understanding and ability, is to not only detect when someone is sneaking up on you but more importantly detecting attacks before they happen. If someone is attacking me brom behind, I don't only know that they are attacking but I usually feel where they will attack and sometimes even what type. For example, I can tell the difference between a strike to the back of my head and a choke before someone does it. Now, this is in the dojo. In the real world I might have something on my mind which will distract me a bit so I might not be as accurate, thought I will usually know that an attack is coming and from what direction.

IIRC, Dux was in the military but just as a typical enlisted man.

Ninpo is my primary or base style. All of what I learn is sort of incorporated into my taijutsu, including my firearms training. I did train in Eskrima for a while and may train in it again if I have time. I also study military type styles from books and videos to add to my training. Regardless of your training, everyone really has his or her own style. My preference is a traditional style but I do keep up on modern developments. In Bruce's case, he wanted to design his ideal style, one that was best for HIM. Others who have gone that route set up different styles.

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/24/03 05:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthur:
Dosetsu, could you go into greater detail about the PhotoReading technique, here or maybe on the PR'ing forum? I don't know much NLP...so maybe explain it with that in mind...Thanks

What specifically do you want to know about Photoreading? That can be a BIG answer.

Posted By: starliu48 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/23/03 06:04 PM
Dotsetsu,

You mentioned in another thread that your favorites are www.essential-skills.com and www.neurosemantics.com. Is what essential-skills claiming for reals? Some of the terms it's using such as anchoring seems to be subjects that one can learn from a hypnosis book. The price is pretty steep for their products. I'm interested in your results from their program and also your opinion on whether or not it is worth it (i.e. could have gotten the info from a book OR it's a wonderful purchase with no regrets). Thanks!

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/23/03 06:12 PM
You might want to join their list and read the archives at Yahoo groups for a while before buying. I do think it is a good idea to read what you can find on NLP as well. The way Tom and Kim teach anchoring is different than what is usually taught in NLP. I was taught how to anchor in a formal therapy situation and am pretty good at it. After attending the class I was able to help a co-worker with his chocholate addiction. This guy ate about a pound a day. As I was talking to him, explaining hypnosis and his addiction, I used Tom's covert anchoring methods and fixed his problem. Then I put him into trance and did some hypnosis. The work was actually done before I hypnotized him.

Posted By: Arthur Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/23/03 10:46 PM
The PR'ing/ test taking technique you developed--I already PhotoRead...Thanks

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/24/03 03:14 AM
Dosetsu:

What does IIRC mean? You are right about private lessons in anything will run up in costs. What concerns me is that my lessons may not be totally private, he mentions I might train with someone else also. I guess for person who wants to save money a dojo is the best thing. I am thinking sparring or training with others is usually best. But private lessons are good if you are preparing for a big tournament or if you have an irregular schedule. Did you train one on one with your instructor. This instructor right now goes 4 hours one way and 4 hours back to train with Jack Hoban once a week.

Right now your school seems to have the best price. It had the best price with your first dojo. I can sort of see how having the best price can hurt the practitioner. I am thinking the owner may not be able to cover things like rent, electric, and props? When business owners are making money this gives them an incentive to stay, like maybe the instructor will contintue teaching. A friend in college had to stop training because his instructor moved. Now his instructor could have moved outside of the reason of the dojo.

From the post were you help your friend with his chocolate addiction. It sounds like you are like a problem solver for people. I heard Tony Robbins did that in high school. Your friends definately like having you around and hope that you never move.

Did they say if Frank Dux's kumite story was made up?

I remember he and Van Damme got into a lawsuit.

Parag Shah

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/24/03 03:43 AM
Parag,

"What does IIRC mean?"

If I remember correctly.

"You are right about private lessons in anything will run up in costs. What concerns me is that my lessons may not be totally private, he mentions I might train with someone else also."

From what you told me, it seems that for the slightly higher price he'll train you and a friend and you split the costs.

"I guess for person who wants to save money a dojo is the best thing. I am thinking sparring or training with others is usually best. But private lessons are good if you are preparing for a big tournament or if you have an irregular schedule."

A combination is good. My classmates who did have private lessons were also the best students.

"Did you train one on one with your instructor."

I did at the times I was the only one to show up. I prefer a class of at least 4 people.

"Right now your school seems to have the best price. It had the best price with your first dojo. I can sort of see how having the best price can hurt the practitioner. "

A for-profit dojo, if the instructor does his business well, would be more stable and allow the instructor to devote much of his time to the dojo.

"Did they say if Frank Dux's kumite story was made up? I remember he and Van Damme got into a lawsuit."

I don't really know anything about the Kumite or the Van Damme lawsuit.

Arthur,

I'll try to get the Photoreading recall and test taking techniques written up tomorrow or the next day. I'll post it in the Photoreading forum. I'll re-write it so it would be easier to understand and update it. My original one was written years ago on Mindlist which at the time was a bunch of guys experiementing with NLP and developing new techniques. That article assumed that the reader had NLP Practitioner level skills.

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/24/03 04:53 AM
Dosetsu:

I have to admit I am very much guilty of this. As consumers, a lot of us tend to think we should get the best price and we should not always consider the businessman. I guess if you take an art at a college, the instructor might sort of get paid by the college and the college would charge the activity fee. Have you guys ever thought of teaching at a college?

You also consult with people on helping them with their challenge by using hypnosis or NLP?

Parag

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/24/03 04:34 PM
Dosetsu:

What would you say is the interest level for Ninpo now? When I was growing the reason you did not have a lot of people taking ninpo was because there was hardly an instructor in my area. If there was than that instructor would have his phone off the hook. If he had a dojo his class would definately be full. This is when I was in grade school. The craze was big. Because I would see kids with books on Ninpo by Stephen Hayes or Ashida Kim. Stephen Hayes was in Black Belt and Kung Fu magazine a lot.

Right what would say is the interest level for Ninpo? At your school is there a new student every month? I would guess there is still interest in the art in martial arts community but not like it used to be when I was growing and sometime in the 90s? At one point there was more of a computer craze I believe.

Parag

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/25/03 01:04 AM
"Have you guys ever thought of teaching at a college?"

I did assist in a self-defense class at a community college and was sceduled to be an instructor but the class was canceled. Right now we just have a small group with one guy who just earned his black belt, two of us working on getting ours, and a few somewhat new students.

"You also consult with people on helping them with their challenge by using hypnosis or NLP?"

I plan to eventually.

" This is when I was in grade school. The craze was big."

It was like that when I was a kid in the mid-1980s. The problem was we had to wait until the 1990s for enough people to qualify as instructors.

"Right what would say is the interest level for Ninpo? At your school is there a new student every month?"

Right now we just meet and train in a park. We have no ads or anything. Since our current instructor just earned his black belt I think he may be waiting until the other two of us get ours before expanding. We are a very new group.

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/26/03 06:00 AM
Dosetsu:

When did you start Ninpo training? Was it sometime after the craze?

Parag

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 04/29/03 06:04 AM
Dosetsu:

I am thinking you are a hypnotist and NLP pro. So you would know the answer to this. I have seen on TV showing a hypnotist regressing a person in the past. I was wondering if you can do that with self hypnosis? I want to be able to do that. can you do stuff like that with NLP?

Parag

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 06/12/03 09:32 PM
An update on this technique. For the last few weeks, a computer at the office i work for has been having serious problems and eventually a very important program was destroyed. We were not able to reload it since the disk was lost. I was not able to find it using my techniques, probably for two reasons. One was that I was under lots of stress and the second was that I hadn't been practicing the alpha state lately and was a bit rusty on using Silva's technique for finding things. This morning I found out this vital software would cost over $2,500.00. I've been working on direct learning all week and decided to do a direct learning project on intuition. Right after I made that decision I got up and walked across the office to the exact place the disks were misplaced. I did not really know why I went there as I was planning on doing the search the next day after doing the direct learning project. I guess the unconscious has other ways of activating these skills. The physical searching took many hours and several people and the place is still a mess and was a failure. This unconsious mental search took seconds and worked.

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 06/17/03 03:18 AM
Dosetsu:

Is this direct learning method taught in one of the courses from Learning Strategies? I was wondering were you were learned this direct learning technique.

I am thinking I believe that we have this subconscious that knows everything or infinite intelligence. Or Intuition. Which can help in finding lost objects, life decisions, finding out what we want, warn us of things and suggestions that can save tons of time like in your situation.

I was not successful in getting my subconscious to help. I will try yoga and meditation as my means. I will also maybe read Practical Intution. I am believing it is possible Dosetsu. Maybe I will buy a course here for that help.

sjaykum1

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 06/17/03 04:16 AM
I've not mastered Direct Learning yet. I've recently repeated the Photoreading class and one of the things I am working on is this technique. Direct Learning is taught in the book "Natural Brilliance." For intuition "Practical Intuition" and "The Einstein Factor" are good places to start.

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 06/17/03 05:49 AM
dosetsu:

I have also heard about prayer working also for manifesting things in life. One Yogi, Paramahansa Yogananda wrote a book on it called The Sanctuary of the Soul. There have been prayer books written. But I think a lot of people try and it does not work for them. So I have to find out what seperates it from people that have it work for them.

The books basically say belief or faith. Your mind has to be focused on GOD or something like that.

Sounds like you have made the Direct Learning technique successful for you. Can you describe to me how the direct learning technique is done? It seems like the bookstores here do not carry Natural Brilliance. I probably will have to special order.

Sjaykum1

Posted By: Dosetsu Re: Finding Lost Objects - 06/17/03 03:34 PM
I've only done 7 direct learning projects since the 9th. Briefly what you do is photoread a group of books with the intent of having the learnings from those books directly influence your behavior. I've only been doing this a little over a week so I haven't had much feedback yet.

IMO what happened was that after I could not find the disks after several days of searching I decided to do a direct learning project on intutition in part to help me find the disks and right after I made that decision I knew unsconsiously where the disks were. My guess is that I had a block to my intution in this case and just deciding to do the project was in a sense activating the information like you would activate what you have photoread. I did not photoread those books until after work that night.

For books you know you want (as opposed to books you need to look at first) you might try ordering from Amazon. I started buying from Amazon this year and I usually save 30% per book and don't have to pay tax or shipping. It usually takes a couple weeks to get them though but so does ordering from a bookstore.

Posted By: sjaykum1 Re: Finding Lost Objects - 06/17/03 06:17 PM
Dosetsu:

I heard Silva Mind Control Method goes into the inner guide and intuition at the advanced levels. So it seems like Silva Mind Control Method would be a great method for accessing intuition.

So, this intuition can give you us answers and help that is not available through our own physical senses, I guess. Which will save us time and heartache.

sjaykum1

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement