Posted By: Jacktuff13 Photoreading novels - 04/26/08 05:54 PM
Hey,
When you guys photoread fiction, such as novels, how long do you incubate? What kind of a purpose do you have?
And do you just rapid read for activation? I heard that Pete does that.

Can you do the same for non-fiction, by photoreading then rapid reading if you have no specific purpose but just have interest in what the book says?

Thanks,

-JackTuff13
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Photoreading novels - 04/29/08 09:42 AM
Yes
Posted By: Jacktuff13 Re: Photoreading novels - 04/29/08 07:45 PM
Hey Alex,

What were you answering yes to? Both of the questions? What about the two top ones, about the incubation and purpose?

But thank you for responding!

-JackTuff13
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Photoreading novels - 04/30/08 02:55 AM
Novels are pleasure reading what other purpose do you need other than to enjoy reading? Incubate the same as any book 20 minutes to overnight. If you flipped it in the bookshop you're done.

Alex
Posted By: Jacktuff13 Re: Photoreading novels - 04/30/08 08:50 PM
Hey Alex,
Oh, ok. But if I want to understand the storyline, consciously, my purpose should just be "To enjoy the plot/storyline of this book?"

And also, what do you mean by just flipping it in the bookshop? Just using the photoreading step without activating/rapid reading?

Thanks,

-JackTuff13
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Photoreading novels - 05/01/08 05:50 AM
Prepare, preview 30 second, PhotoRead can all be done in the book shop or library. Why bring home a book you won't get anything from?
Posted By: Jacktuff13 Re: Photoreading novels - 05/01/08 08:04 PM
Hey Alex,

Oh, so you're saying photoread it in the bookshop then take it home and activate it?

-JackTuff13
Posted By: Yukala Re: Photoreading novels - 05/01/08 08:17 PM

nope, PhotoRead in the bookstore and buy some other book that merits keeping.

Like large detailed well organized reference books.
Or fine poetry
Or a nice table top picture book (on sale of course)
\:D
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Photoreading novels - 05/02/08 01:27 AM
Yes, I am saying PhotoRead it in the book shop and activate it if it is still interesting after a short postview.

I PhotoRead all books first. That way I know if the book is worth taking home and if I finished with it in the book shop why bother taking it home?

AlexK
Posted By: Jacktuff13 Re: Photoreading novels - 05/02/08 10:18 PM
Hey Alex,

Thanks for all the help, I really understand it now. I just have two more questions.

1)By Photoreading and activating non-fiction a lot, will it be easier to activate novels once I start? (I've never truly tried it on fiction before.)

2)How long does it usually take you to finish rapid reading a novel, that, let's say, is between 200 and 500 pages?

Thanks again for the help!

-JackTuff13
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Photoreading novels - 05/03/08 07:49 AM
It's easier to develop your superreading and dipping and skittering skills on non-fiction books. That why when you move to novels you have a skill that allows you to move through the book from beginning to end using all the skills.

Rapid reading is closest to traditional reading in that you begin at the beginning and end at the end. The speed at which you read throughout varies, from rhythmic perusal to skittering to SR&D and occasionally it will be almost as fast as PhotoReading for a few pages (deemed not that important or interesting to you).

How long it takes to finish a book is always up to you. Don't compare to others first establish how long it normally takes you and then see if you can at least halve the time. (You still want to enjoy the novel don't you?) The more you use it the faster you see yourself going through any book.

AlexK
Posted By: Jacktuff13 Re: Photoreading novels - 05/03/08 03:52 PM
Hey Alex,

Ahh, ok. I really understand it now and I'm excited about trying it out.

I really must thank you for your help and patience.

Thanks again!

-JackTuff13
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement