Posted By: dachorn Amazon Kindle - 07/27/08 01:09 PM
Does anyone out there have a Kindle? If so, have you tried to photoread with it?
Posted By: Scrappy Cocco Re: Amazon Kindle - 08/10/08 12:40 PM
I have the one recommended by Learning Strategies Mr Bisonette for photoreading and its absolutely useless for photoreading and okay for regular reading. The problem is it's too slow to turn pages and it doesn't format some books properly for the device's screen, therefore you have to cursor down before you can turn the page. It's also only compatible with txt and pdf files. I've heard the kindle is even slower so can't be much better.
Posted By: TobyEL Re: Amazon Kindle - 08/25/08 11:52 PM
I have the Kindle & love it. It's much easier to photoread on the Kindle than the Sony 500 Reader. Granted, you can't go as fast as you would with a dead tree book. The buttons on the kindle are easier to press than the Sony. I find that in general, that I read faster on the Kindle than on a dead tree book. Also, it's easier on my hands, not having to hold a dead tree book open.
Posted By: Yukala Re: Amazon Kindle - 08/26/08 01:06 AM
"dead tree book
dead tree book
dead tree book"

gosh, I love my 'dead tree books'!!

Especially, 'old dead tree books'...
Posted By: happyreader Re: Amazon Kindle - 12/24/08 04:47 PM
Let's hear it for dead trees.

Are e-books 'taking off'?
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/24/technology/24kindle.html

Let's hope not. I think that PRing would be greatly hampered by being limited to a device like these.
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Amazon Kindle - 01/08/09 01:35 PM
I use the iRex since the kindle was not available to overseas customers. I like the fact that you can write on it. It takes all formats. I find PhotoReading on it okay. It is slower than I flipped pages of books. But then books are slower than I PhotoRead under computer. So I always PhotoRead, everything before I transfer it to be iRex.I do like it because it is significantly faster activating than on a computer. It is much easier on the eyes.

AlexK
Posted By: dachorn Re: Amazon Kindle - 01/09/09 02:42 AM
PRing on the Kindle is more difficult than a paper book. I can, however, read a book the normal way much more quickly. The narrow screen is great for super reading.
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement