Posted By: brain New thread for Brain - 09/23/08 09:56 PM
hey im back i had soccer and such the last few days. Anyway what i want to do is get as much information as i can from this fourm and then apply what i learned. I have been trying and i think i finally understoood super reading and dipping (and i think it works). Anyway as i said hundreds ive times i want instant activation! I have been making a list of things to do with PR before go through the photoreading course again for the millionth time.
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: New thread for Brain - 09/24/08 06:40 AM
Brain

You are prone to exaggeration which makes you look like a BS artist.

Quote:
as i said hundreds ive times

You've said many times you want spontaneous activation and were told many times spontaneous activation is spontaneous. It isn't going to happen until you start applying the system as instructed.

This is the first time you used the expression "instant activation." Had you said that earlier we could have explained to you that that is impossible.

The conscious mind is only capable of 7 plus or minus 2 bits of information a second. Therefore all information perceived by the conscious mind must be filtered by the vast non-conscious mind at a rate that it can be perceived consciously. Your conscious mind is the limitation.

Now if you want to experience spontaneous activation. Learn the system and train with manual activation.

Quote:
I have been making a list of things to do with PR before go through the photoreading course again for the millionth time.

Gross exaggeration mate. If you have in fact done the course as instructed for the millionth time then you will have PhotoRead and activated 3 million books. It takes a year of non stop PhotoReading to PhotoRead 15 million books with a computer flashing the pages at 35 pages a second. Since no one has the resources there are not 3 million books available to be flashed before your eyes at that speed. It's physically impossible for you to have PhotoRead 3 million books.

Also it takes 18 hours do do the Classic portion of the home study course correctly. Since a million hours haven't passed since the last time you posted that you've done the course for the 100th time we cannot believe you.

In fact you start your post
 Quote:
hey im back i had soccer and such the last few days.

You could hardly be reading while playing soccer.

Also your behaviour on the forum the way you've been posting has given me reason to doubt that you've done the course correctly once.

Please don't exaggerate. If you want help then lets talk about the books you've worked with. What you did and what you got.

If you want to become proficient at PhotoReading you need to apply the system. No one can give you PhotoReading it's something you do.

AlexK
Posted By: brain Re: New thread for Brain - 09/24/08 11:36 PM
=( ok. I honestly have been working on Photoreading. But i dont have the luxary of having anyone to talk to face to face. No one in my entire school, neighborhood, or possibly even city has ever heard of photoreading.

I ussually go outside the realm of reality when trying to understand something correctly. So sorry if i was exaggerating, you can delete the threads if you want =(...
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: New thread for Brain - 09/25/08 04:05 AM
Most of those participating on the forum don't have the luxury of being face to face with someone who does the system, I am the first and still the only instructor in Australia I learned the system with the book. There was no one who could teach me. First time I sat with others who could PhotoRead was when I did the instructor training. To do the instructor training you need to be able to PhotoRead. So it's not impossible to learn on your own.

As I said lets talk about what you have actually been doing. What books have you worked with and how many activation layers have you done?

AlexK
Posted By: brain Re: New thread for Brain - 09/26/08 01:23 AM
I might have experienced the closest thing to a lucid dream in my life but idk if it was or not. Here was the feeling. I was fast asleep, then realized i was sleeping but i had no control over my dreams. I remebered everything about the dream when i began to think about it too much i lost focus on the dream and "woke up". IT was the weirdst feeling ever.

So far my activating techniques seems to be working. I was photoreading a book on greek mythology, because it is interesting to me. I got in to state affirmed my purpose and Photoread the material and waited over night and super read and dip. Since your not supposed to justify every time you dip in i seemed to skim through but i got alot out of it which was awsome.

Also i was wondering if something like this makes any sense. If you lucid dream does that mean your face to face with your subconcious. And can something like a lucid dream improve your chances at spontaneous activation? Since you are face to face with your subconcious.
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: New thread for Brain - 09/26/08 01:38 AM
Dreams are just a good way of knowing something is happening when PhotoReading. The problem with getting information in your dream is bringing it out to the waking state. I have found that the limitation of the conscious mind when you are awake causes one to forget much of the information. So you wind up recording it as if per normal activation. This is where the habit of recording your dreams comes in. If you don't habitually record your dream you will leave behind the information. Still when that happens you may be happy to note that during activation everything seems to make sense.

Being lucid in your dream makes you highly aware of the truth that you got something from PhotoReading. The main benefit is it goes to build your trust in the body mind connection.

AlexK
Posted By: brain Re: New thread for Brain - 09/29/08 10:42 PM
I feel that i have had a succesful photoreading start. I Photoread some books on greek mythology and i dont know if i was just quessing when to dip in But i got most of the general information that i needed which was helpfull.

Where can i go from here? I feel i got like 50-60 percent of the information i needed with super reading and dipping for a start

I so badly want to have a lucid dream but i havent had one yet any suggestions on how to get one?
Posted By: brain Re: New thread for Brain - 09/30/08 12:20 AM
I have a questions about another activation technique. Mind probing questions. Can you ask yourself a mind probing question and except and answer immeadtly after photoreading?
Posted By: photoread4me Re: New thread for Brain - 09/30/08 02:48 AM
Brain,

Think about everything we already told you. Reread all the responses we gave you on previous posts then reread all the responses again.

Then tell us what you think.

Photoread4me
Posted By: photoread4me Re: New thread for Brain - 09/30/08 02:55 AM
do multiple activation passes & photoread the book right before going to bed.

Photoread4me
Posted By: brain Re: New thread for Brain - 09/30/08 09:55 PM
Ok...but mind probing questions is an activation technique that doesnt explain it self correctly.
Posted By: photoread4me Re: New thread for Brain - 09/30/08 11:40 PM
 Originally Posted By: brain
Ok...but mind probing questions is an activation technique that doesnt explain it self correctly.

Brain,

How can you say that mind probing questions is an activation technique that doesn't explain itself correctly?????

Why do we ask mind probing question what is the point of asking mind probing questions?

How are we ever going to get anything from a book if we do not ask questions?

We use mind probing question as a tool to get the information out of the book so we can accomplish our purpose.

If a man or a woman decides that he or she wants to learn to become a electrical engineer that person would have to obtain a understanding of mathematics and science to design and work on electronic and electrical equiptment.

So the mind probing questions while they are not a purpose are a tool to help the photoreader get what he or she needs from the book to accomplish his or her purpose.

You should look at it from the perspective that there is something in this book that will enlighten you bring you to a higher level that you could grow or benefit from the information in the book and the start of that journey to obtaining information to bring yourself to a higher level starts with using mind probing questions to get answers that will help you do your purpose.

Photoread4me
Posted By: brain Re: New thread for Brain - 10/01/08 12:58 AM
sounds like your telling me i am just looking for that magic "not looking for hard work" thing again.

Anyway remeber when Alex said in her earlier thread that she can photoread like pete. And that manual activation techniques build the body to mind trust connetions that lead to mega fast photoreading like pete. All i said about mind probing questions is that does it relate to what i am talking about. And does it help to get me there.
Posted By: photoread4me Re: New thread for Brain - 10/01/08 03:16 AM
sounds like your telling me i am just looking for that magic "not looking for hard work" thing again.

Anyway remeber when Alex said in her earlier thread that she can photoread like pete. And that manual activation techniques build the body to mind trust connetions that lead to mega fast photoreading like pete. All i said about mind probing questions is that does it relate to what i am talking about. And does it help to get me there.

What you said was mind probing questions is a activation technique that doesn't explain itself correctly. That statement you made is completely incorrect. In fact it is crystal clear. The activation techniques are basic and simple they are not complex nor mysterious. Of course Alex can photoread just like pete as she said many people can photoread like pete and absolutely getting the body mind connection is achieved by doing manual activation techniques something that you appear to try to avoid like the plague. The difference between you and pete and alex is that you just talk about it pete and alex do it. Talk is cheap actions speak louder than words. When you are willing to put forth the effort that Alex and Pete have put forth then you will start getting results like Alex and Pete but until you make that effort nothing will change. As to the "magic pill" you tell me you know what you have done or have not done.

You said you have spent time activating. I sent you a private message to which you did not respond so i don't know if you read it or not but i will repeat what i said in the private message and i am not going to keep repeating this forever. Alex has offered to take time from her extremely busy schedule and offer to help you. Numerous times many times i have heard you say you want to photoread like pete bissionette well if you do and are serious i highly recommend that you send Alex a email and work
with with her and stop talking and listen to her.

People on this forum have really made a effort to help you and we are not going to keep repeating the same things over and over again the things we have already said still apply nothing has changed in regards to that. Sometimes it is like talking to a wall when people give you information and you completely ignore it but that is your choice you can lose a lot especially when people give you really great advice and you choose to ignore it.

Photoread4me
Posted By: brain Re: New thread for Brain - 10/01/08 11:08 PM
DUDE i am listening to everyone's input and i am working on it. And i dont think i ever got a private message from you sorry. Also i found out another problem of mine is not having a strong vocabulary. I need to build my vocabulary up for my brain to recognize the meanings of words so that i may photoread better. Does this make sense?
Posted By: Yukala Re: New thread for Brain - 10/02/08 01:27 AM
Hi 'brain' nice to converse!

Photoread some big fat dictionaries...

I do it, let us do it together!!

As inspiration.

The one I read is a large volume, 9" by 12" 2200 pages.

Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary, 1996.

I went over H's & C's today.
Posted By: brain Re: New thread for Brain - 10/02/08 02:00 AM
YAY!!!!
Posted By: Yukala Re: New thread for Brain - 10/02/08 02:51 AM
YAY!!!!

I just skittered and dipped through D and E.

How are you doing?
Posted By: photoread4me Re: New thread for Brain - 10/02/08 05:51 AM
DUDE i am listening to everyone's input and i am working on it. And i dont think i ever got a private message from you sorry. Also i found out another problem of mine is not having a strong vocabulary. I need to build my vocabulary up for my brain to recognize the meanings of words so that i may photoread better. Does this make sense?

DUDE WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CALL ME DUDE.

I AM PROBABLY OLD ENOUGH TO BE YOUR FATHER.

I will send you another private message. Maybe there is a problem with the system and you never got the private message.

I do not go off attacking people on the forum. I just saw a pattern where you were not listening to people who were giving you clear instructions. Also you were asking questions that were clearly addressed in the photoreading book and course and at times it made me wonder if you had even read the photoreading book and did the personal learning course.

I do not think you have any issues with learning photoreading in regards to your vocabulary. You have been reading for years before you even ever heard of photoreading. I do not think that is the issue. I don't think it comes down to building a bigger vocabulary for photoreading success.

I will send you another private message be looking for it and send me a private message i want to know why you did not get my messages.

Photoread4me
Posted By: seasoned Re: New thread for Brain - 10/02/08 11:48 AM
photoread4me,

HEY, maybe he is from the US. We have dispensed with much of that. HECK, on a commercial, a father calls his DAUGHTER DUDE! On Startrek,they now call WOMEN SIR!

Steve
Posted By: Yukala Re: New thread for Brain - 10/02/08 03:54 PM
photoread4me,

No matter brain's quandaries I do think an ever sharper vocabulary is of 'extreme' importance.
Posted By: brain Re: New thread for Brain - 10/02/08 11:06 PM
Yup i am from the USA and yes photoread4me i just got your private message and i am going to read it after i finish writting this. I am almost 16 btw.

I photoread the entire dictionary and am trying to activate A-E
Posted By: brain Re: New thread for Brain - 10/03/08 01:01 AM
I just realized if my purpose for photoreading a dictionary is to understand the words and definitions. Skittering, super read and dip would be a pain because it would be alot of reading.
Posted By: Yukala Re: New thread for Brain - 10/03/08 04:49 AM
I just realized if my purpose for photoreading a dictionary is to understand the words and definitions. Skittering, super read and dip would be a pain because it would be alot of reading.

here this pain = defeat

That realization serves up less than, not doing it, wash out, flat-line with no heaven to soar up to...

Make it interesting, get excited, do not count the difficulty!
When Skittering, super read and dip becomes genuinely fascinating; then wallah you got the fire that lights up grand achievement.

Anything less, well generally less brings less and more secures more.

Bring on that pile of dictionaries!!!

Posted By: photoread4me Re: New thread for Brain - 10/03/08 05:31 AM
Steve,

Really it came down to the tone he was using. Brain is obviously frustrated and the last thing he wants to hear is more of the same of what i, jacktuff13 and yukala have been saying all along this technology is not put it in the microwave ZAP! I have everything i need and i barely had to crack open a book.

I think Alex understood it very well when she said on one of her posts about brain probably not doing the course correctly.

Then on the most recent post brain wants if he can instantly get a answer to a mind-probing question it is like brain did you hear us at all? How many times do we have to say it? It is not going to change next week or next year what we have been saying and here brain comes again trying to see if he can get instant answers.

Photoread4me
Posted By: photoread4me Re: New thread for Brain - 10/03/08 05:43 AM
 Originally Posted By: Yukala
photoread4me,

No matter brain's quandaries I do think an ever sharper vocabulary is of 'extreme' importance.

Yukala,

I think vocabulary is very important and one should strive to always increase and better their vocabulary but i do not think building a stronger vocabulary is the solution to brain's problem i think brain needs to stop talking and simply do the course and the exercises in the personal learning course.
Brain has said himself that he tends to talk a lot and i suggested to brain that if he wants so much to be such a great photoreader he should take up Alex's generous offer to help him out.

Oh by the way Yukala did you get any of the 3 private messages i sent to you. I sent one to brain and he said he never got it. I am trying to figure out is there a problem with the private message system or if you simply do not want to talk to me.

Photoread4me
Posted By: photoread4me Re: New thread for Brain - 10/03/08 06:04 AM

Brain,

Let's talk about purpose. Remember one of the components of a purpose is the so that i can do such and such. Why are you photoreading the dictionary so that you can do what? Tell me what is the reason you would want to know more words? While i think that is nice that you learn new words i do not think learning a bunch of new words is going to be the solution to learn photoreading. I think the solution to you learning how to photoread and activate is simply doing the course.

Vocabulary is very important and anytime you learn that is a positive thing but in your situation i think you simply need to do the course.

Photoread4me
Posted By: Yukala Re: New thread for Brain - 10/03/08 04:49 PM
 Originally Posted By: photoread4me
Oh by the way Yukala did you get any of the 3 private messages i sent to you. I sent one to brain and he said he never got it. I am trying to figure out is there a problem with the private message system or if you simply do not want to talk to me.

Photoread4me

Nope, sorry have not received any, just an old welcome to the board message; always like a conversation too!!

Thanks,
Posted By: Yukala Re: New thread for Brain - 10/03/08 04:59 PM
Hi brain!!

Now knowing you are under the age of 16, I would give this counsel.

First, do not dismay at any seeming difficulty at this time in your life. It may come to be that these ideas are for you 'seeds' that you are planting. They will surely grow in you as what can be possible.

Be patient and understand that Photoreading etc is something that could take you far more effort than any of us who much older. Just the way it is, you get it in a day or you do not.

However, your body and brain are still growing and unfolding that continues through age 24.

So, it is what is for you being only 16, just nurture what you can and worry not about it.
Posted By: brain Re: New thread for Brain - 10/03/08 11:26 PM
Hey guys i am back. And I am not ignoring anyones ideas i am just gathering information and setting my bearings. I have still been doing manual activation and am currently working on the dictionary atm to build vocab.
Posted By: Yukala Re: New thread for Brain - 10/04/08 07:01 PM
Just dipped and skittered through the 'F' in the big dictionary.

Things are continuing to happen.

Prior, the whole of it seemed simpler, easier more understandable as one whole thing. That being English language as this book is a fairly exhaustive Dictionary.

Today, phrases became more poignant and stuck out in small groups. The many pictures seemed less visible in contrast to an earlier run through.

Words are sticking in my head, lots of them with interesting definitions. I noted how many words reverse in meaning over time. Contrasting archaic definition to current use definitions.

I picked up many details with clearer depth. Would like to go back through and hang out with the 'F's. More keen interest.

From two days ago, and again today the feeling conviction that mastering a 1/2 million words is doable and practical.

Stick with this 'brain' especially at your age!!!

Looking forward to your next Alpha report! <smiles>
Posted By: Yukala Re: New thread for Brain - 10/05/08 07:56 PM
Hey brain!

Got through G and H.

Impressions:

The number of words/meanings is weighted to the first nine letters.
Amazing how much out ideas center around body parts/concepts, such as feet, head, hand, heel etc.
Some commonly used words such go, get, house, etc have so many definitions, (up to a hundred) and many synonyms to boot that one wonders if we are not just linguistically lazy.

It seems we use and discard words like old clothes. Forgetting as we go with our culture adding subtracting and watering out...

There you have it, oh also I am meeting myself full-circle mid-way, this pass through. What I mean is I am remembering whole pages like I had just looked at it a moment a go.
Posted By: brain Re: New thread for Brain - 10/05/08 10:13 PM
I must be doing something wrong i see no results for me lol. All i am doing is skiming throug the words and pages and not recalling anything. =(
Posted By: brain Re: New thread for Brain - 10/05/08 10:16 PM
Their is just some key thing in this system keeping me away from instantanous activation =(.
Posted By: Yukala Re: New thread for Brain - 10/05/08 11:03 PM
You need stick to it from time to time...

I am sure you will get it 3 to 5 years from now.

Do not despair!

You are only 16 years of age for goodness sake!

I started studying like a mad person just before age 18 and just past age 21 I got it!!! That is four years of relatively hard work.

Buck up!
Posted By: photoread4me Re: New thread for Brain - 10/06/08 01:25 AM
Their is just some key thing in this system keeping me away from instantanous activation =(.

Brain,

Nothing is keeping you away from success with this system but yourself.

Have you not heard anything we have said?

All the responses people gave to you on the previous posts did you just forget all of that?

What about Alex's statement that there is no instant activation that instant activation is impossible?

Did you forget what Alex said about the conscious mind being capable of only processing 7 to 9 bits of information?

Did you forget about Alex's statement that if you want a spontaneous activation experience you should not be looking for one and that manual activation techniques might possibly open the door for a spontaneous activaton experience?

But here is the reality, here is the totally honest, frank, sincere truth. The truth is from a student's perspective or from a learner's point of view you would not want to depend on spontaneous activation for schoolwork. You should be depending on manual activation techiques for schoolwork and really you really should not even being trying to learn photoreading on schoolwork you should be learning photoreading on non-school books learn how to activate successfully then transfer the skill to schoolbooks. Brain you are going about it all the wrong way completely wrong and i am repeating information that i have already said on previous posts.

From the position of a student too much is riding on your schoolwork mainly your future. By that i mean that you want to take school to the highest level you possibly can so you can ensure a bright, wonderful future economically and careerwise for you.

And you don't achieve that future by fooling around or wasting your time which is what you are doing when you do not do manual activation and expect instanteous activation.

And here is something you are not going to want to hear again but believe me i am doing you a favor by sharing this again in this life you will have to work. School requires effort there is no getting around that school require work and effort. The exceptions being people born into great wealth or people winning great wealth through a winning lottery ticket. But for the one person or group of persons that win a winning lottery ticket there are millions and millions of people who do not win anything.

The good news is you have been given this incredible brain more powerful than the most powerful computers on earth but still there is work involved.

There is nothing in this system keeping you away from success in this system but you. I repeat brain you are the only person holding yourself back from success with this system. You brain are blocking yourself from success in this system.

You can have success in this system but it is something you have to do for yourself,nobody else can do this for you not your mom or your dad or your friend or Alex or Pete Bissonette it is something you have to do entirely for yourself.

And i will repeat this again because apparently you are not getting it the day you put forth the effort and do the personal learning course that will be the day you will start getting the results that you want.

Brain, did you make any attempt whatsoever to contact Alex to help you with the system? I mentioned that to you in a private message you said you did not get and i believe i mentioned it on one of these posts?

So i will repeat again for you photoreading is not about developing a photographic memory photoreading does not work that way. This desire of yours to photoread a book and expect to get answers instantly from the book you just photoread is not going to happen.

Stop wasting your time. Your future is too important to fool around with unless you do not care about your future and have no desire to have a wonderful, beautiful future.

Photoread4me
Posted By: photoread4me Re: New thread for Brain - 10/06/08 01:35 AM
I must be doing something wrong i see no results for me lol. All i am doing is skiming throug the words and pages and not recalling anything. =(

That is because you are asking your brain to do something it is not capable of. You are trying to get it all now, everything and your brain is not capable of that. Your brain can handle 6 to 9 bits of information maximum and you are not using the photoreading system the way it is designed to be used. It is not about memorizing things instantly brain.

Photoread4me
Posted By: seasoned Re: New thread for Brain - 10/06/08 03:17 PM
What about Alex's statement that there is no instant activation that instant activation is impossible?

How could it be called impossible? besides, it is amazing what the brain can do. Can anyone even really determine its limits?

Did you forget what Alex said about the conscious mind being capable of only processing 7 to 9 bits of information?

EVERYONE keeps spouting this theory. BTW it is 7+-2, so it is 5-9! Vera mentions it a number of times. STILL, it OBVIOUSLY isn't bit like LETTER. If it were, we couldn't do anything. It is more like an INDEX! Vera ALLUDES to THAT as well. That is the whole idea behind her A-Z list. With NEW info, they appear to be, and probably often are, the SAME thing. With OLD info, they very much AREN'T! Given that, the 5-9 bits is not much of a limitation.

But here is the reality, here is the totally honest, frank, sincere truth.

From the position of a student too much is riding on your schoolwork mainly your future. By that i mean that you want to take school to the highest level you possibly can so you can ensure a bright, wonderful future economically and careerwise for you.

And you don't achieve that future by fooling around or wasting your time which is what you are doing when you do not do manual activation and expect instanteous activation.

Stop wasting your time. Your future is too important to fool around with unless you do not care about your future and have no desire to have a wonderful, beautiful future.

I'm sure that brain isn't simply studying schoolwork in this way. That would ALWAYS be dumb, as far as I am concerned.

And you are saying it took you FOUR years to make this thing useful for you?
Posted By: brain Re: New thread for Brain - 10/06/08 09:38 PM
"If you want results like Pete you got to make Pete and do what it takes. PhotoRead and manually activate and strengthen that body mind connection so when someone ask you about a book you allow the answers to come up spontaneously."

This is a quote from AlexK from my previous Spontaneus activation thread. Read it on page 3. This is all that has inspired me to do photoreading as you all know. I promise you i have listened to all of your ideas and applied them! I will not be posting much anymore since i am obviously wasting everybodys time and not really hearing what i want to hear.

My final goals have been set. Hopefully after days of photoreading and manual activation (which i have been doing). I will experience spontaneus activation. And strengthen my body to mind connection. Then allow the answers i desire to surface themselves spontaneusly just as Alex said.

Photoread4me and everyone who has been posting thanks for all your help, but i stated clearyly several times what i want out of photoreading and i will get it.

=)
Posted By: photoread4me Re: New thread for Brain - 10/07/08 03:14 AM
 Originally Posted By: seasoned
[quote=photoread4me]What about Alex's statement that there is no instant activation that instant activation is impossible?

Code:
[code][code]How could it be called impossible?  besides, it is amazing what the brain can do.  Can anyone even really determine its limits? 
[/code][/code]

If that is the case Steve why do we not have millions and millions of people instantly reading and studying and memorizing 900 page textbooks, 1300 page textbooks in minutes? Why don't we have people getting their master degrees and phd's in 6 months instead of 6 or 7 years? The reason that is not happening is because that is not reality. It is a nice dream, a nice fantasy but that is not the real world. Also the conscious mind was not designed to handle that type of load.

EVERYONE keeps spouting this theory. BTW it is 7+-2, so it is 5-9! Vera mentions it a number of times. STILL, it OBVIOUSLY isn't bit like LETTER. If it were, we couldn't do anything. It is more like an INDEX! Vera ALLUDES to THAT as well. That is the whole idea behind her A-Z list. With NEW info, they appear to be, and probably often are, the SAME thing. With OLD info, they very much AREN'T! Given that, the 5-9 bits is not much of a limitation.

But here is the reality, here is the totally honest, frank, sincere truth.

I'm sure that brain isn't simply studying schoolwork in this way. That would ALWAYS be dumb, as far as I am concerned.

Code:
And you are saying it took you FOUR years to make this thing useful for you? [/quote] [code] 
[/code]

Steve, i never said that. You are confusing my post with a post by Yukala. Yukala said that statement about taking four years.
Posted By: photoread4me Re: New thread for Brain - 10/07/08 03:32 AM
Seasoned,

I never said anything at all about taking 4 years you are confusing my post with a post by Yukala. Yakala said the statement about taking four years.

In response to your question how could it be impossible?

If that is the case Seasoned why do we not have millions and millions of people instantly reading and studying and memorizing 900 page textbooks, 1300 page textbooks in minutes? Why don't we have people getting their master degrees and phd's in 6 months instead of 6 or 7 years? The reason that is not happening is because that is not reality. It is a nice dream, a nice fantasy but that is not the real world. Also the conscious mind was not designed to handle that type of load.

In regards to your comment about it is amazing what the brain can do can anyone determine it's limits? True it is amazing what the brain can do but i think you have to be realistic. Do this try memorizing a 1400 page dictionary in 1 hour. Let me know how it turns out. The truth is seasoned if that were possible people would have done it a long, long time ago.

Photoread4me
Posted By: photoread4me Re: New thread for Brain - 10/07/08 03:51 AM
Brain,

Hearing what you want to hear? So if the information being presented to you does not particulary appeal to you, you just dismiss that information and tune out?

I think it very interesting your statement about hearing what you want to hear it sounds like selective hearing.

Brain, i wish you the best but i think you have wasted a lot of time pursing fantasties. It is a nice dream but trying to instantly remember everything in a book is very unrealistic and a poor study technique or strategy. Had you spent all the time you spent posting about wanting spontaneous activation had you spent that amount of time doing manual activation and doing the course as instructed you would have been well on your way.

Here is reality being able to get through a book in 1/3 of the time it would normally take you. If it took you 9 hours to get through a book with conventional reading with photoreading you could get through the book in 3 hours or less. If it took you 90 hours to get through a textbook with photoreading you could get through the textbook in 30 hours.

The good news is that you would be able to get through books faster and faster as you used the process however i think that is your problem you do not want to do the process or you insist on doing the process your way and ignoring a lot of great advice.

Photoread4me
Posted By: seasoned Re: New thread for Brain - 10/07/08 02:11 PM
There are LOTS of things that were possible LONG ago that people never did. Heck, people have scanned books long ago, but you don't hear much about it. The more you talk about photoreading, the more it sounds like just glorified scanning. And some people HAVE read books really fast with near perfect recall!

What if I said there was someone that "was able to memorize things from the age of 16-20 months. He read books, memorized them, and then placed them upside down on the shelf to show that he had finished reading them, a practice he still maintains. He reads a book in about an hour and remembers approximately 98.7% of everything he has read, memorizing vast amounts of information in subjects ranging from history and literature, geography, and numbers to sports, music, and dates. He can recall the content of some 12,000 books from memory."? BTW He uses BOTH eyes! NOT in unison as one unit like most people, but SEPERATELY! I put quotes around that because, someone else wrote it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Peak

OK, you will say he is not normal. OK, I will give you THAT. Still.....

Steve
Posted By: Yukala Re: New thread for Brain - 10/07/08 04:16 PM
 Quote:
Steve, i never said that. You are confusing my post with a post by Yukala. Yukala said that statement about taking four years.

And I stand by this statement for these reasons:

'brain' is only 16 years of age.
And he wants more than to just PhotoRead, he wants what I call 'fire of mind' where you see it all at once as a conscious fire. The 5-9 bits processor be over-ridden.

However, he does need to grow and mature his physical structure and work hard in this direction so that in growing physically and mentally he will better accommodate such possibilities.
Posted By: photoread4me Re: New thread for Brain - 10/08/08 03:47 AM
Seasoned,

Photoreading sounding like glorified scanning?

Why did you mention nothing about the other than conscious mind and exposing the book to the other than conscious mind?

You don't scan when photoreading. The whole point of photoreading is to get the conscious mind out of the way. The whole point is to get the other than conscious mind and the conscious mind working together. When you photoread the idea is to get the information from the book to the other than conscious mind. The other than conscious mind is way more powerful than the conscious mind. So you have the best of both worlds you have the other than conscious mind aiding or helping the conscious mind.

How did you make the determination of photoreading just being glorified scanning? Did you read or study about the other than conscious mind when reading the photoreading book or studying the photoreading personal learning course or did you study about the other than conscious mind and photoreading when you took the photoreading seminar?

If you did study and research about the photoreading step and the other than conscious mind i do not see how you can come to the conclusion of photoreading being glorified scanning.

Photoread4me
Posted By: seasoned Re: New thread for Brain - 10/08/08 02:15 PM
photoread4me,

BOTH work best when you have an idea of what you want.
BOTH can work at a fast speed with no real concious thought.
BOTH can bring back related points of interest, etc...
BOTH could be pretty much devoid of conscious effort.

Like brain, I hoped that that first item would not be as important with PR.

Steve
Posted By: photoread4me Re: New thread for Brain - 10/09/08 05:05 AM
Seasoned,

Still i would like a answer to my question. What did you learn about the other than conscious mind when studying photoreading?

If you think that the other than conscious mind plays a part when a person is photoreading how can you can come to the conclusion of photoreading being glorifed scanning?

You make a statement that both could be pretty much devoid of conscious effort and you make a statement both can work at a fast speed with no real conscious thought. How are you going to tell me that when a person superreads and dip that there is no real conscious thought. The person definitely has a conscious thought they are consciously trying to locate information. Devoid of conscious effort? When a person is trying to locate information in a book how can you say that is devoid of conscious effort. It has everything to do with conscious effort.

When you say both i take that to be both the conscious mind and the other than conscious mind.

When you say like brain, i had hoped that the first item would not be as important with photoreading tell me what is that really all about? You guys don't want to have to make any effort at all? You want things to just come to you served on a platter with little or no effort on your part? I am totally for studying more effectively, more efficiently that is just plain smart to use the best strategies and techniques available but to really excel in school and in life there is a certain amount of effort that is required. Much progress has been made in technology and science when you look in terms of thousands of years and still we have much room for improvement. I have not read or heard of anyone going through thousands of pages of complex textbooks in seconds or minutes and knowing absolutely everything in the textbook with little or no effort on their part.

Photoread4me
Posted By: Yukala Re: New thread for Brain - 10/09/08 06:07 AM
 Originally Posted By: seasoned
photoread4me,

Steve

From a possible scientific point of view I wonder if the principle as in so out applies, especially as to the last point; 'BOTH could be pretty much devoid of conscious effort'

What I mean the less conscious effort in and so too you must match it by consciously accepting a mere whisper to get it coming out.

Another more direct explanation; the more 'effort to activate' is matched by more effort or matched intensity by the supra-conscious to give it back.
Posted By: photoread4me Re: New thread for Brain - 10/09/08 06:49 AM
Yukala,

Seasoned's comments;

Unquote

I think the key word here is balance. I do not believe in effort just for effort's sake. I think way too much effort is just as counterproductive as little or no effort. My perception based on brain's posts and all the best to brain i wish him well, my perception is that brain wanted to be able to go through massive textbooks with little or no effort and be able to know everything in the textbook with litte or no effort.

I think you get what you put into it. You put little or practically nothing you get very little. You put a lot into it you get a lot more but the key again balance you reach the point of diminishing returns if you go overboard.

Take care.

Photoread4me
Posted By: Yukala Re: New thread for Brain - 10/09/08 04:50 PM
Yep, master 'balance' and all things are yours, including whole universes!

Cheers!!
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: New thread for Brain - 10/13/08 11:37 AM
Wow has this thread gone off topic.

seasoned- PhotoReading is not a process for developing a photographic or eidetic memory. It's a system that allows even a beginner to get their reading done in 1/3 the time of traditional reading. Now instead of spending 8 to 12 hours with a book I spend 20 minutes to 90 minutes and get the same or better comprehension. It depends on my purpose. I could PhotoRead thousands of books in the library in a week but what would be the point? It would take me more than a year to bring forth that knowledge by talking about it and I'd get nothing done. The speed at which you superread would be unsuccessful without PhotoReading in most cases. Some people apply the system naturally. Those who don't benefit by step by step how to.

It seems cumbersome at first. Just like when you first get behind the wheel of a car you have a checklist of things to check, mirros, seat, key etc. Once you've done it a few times it becomes a unified whole, you're still aware of the mirror, seat and key but you do it in one set.

PhotoReading becomes like that when you're willing to use the checklist a few times in the beginning.

Brain.

50 -60 % of a book and you want more? Then do another couple of activation layers. See the 5 day test in the PhotoReading book and follow that. Add more activation layers until the book gels for you.

Mind Probing questions = the questions that you want answers to. Some you may realise as you ask them you already know others you need to find the answers to through activation with the book. Without questions you don't need answers. In itself it is a thinking process that helps you activate the book. Doesn't really require much explanation if you happen to try it you 'get it'.

Vocabulary, Brain;with the level you are at with PhotoReading I suggest you simply PhotoRead the dictionary daily for a month. Don't worry about activating it. Let the other books you activate do that for you.

AlexK
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement