Hello,

I have a few questions about photoreading I’m sure you wouldn’t mind answering.

LSC didn't choose to delete my account yet, so since I have a few minutes to spare, I might as well ask you a few questions about Photo reading. Please READ AND REALLY THINK about what I'm going to share with you. Some may say I'm CRAZY and that's ok, this label usually goes to people who express their uniqueness anyway. Please excuse my typing because as usual I just type on the fly and if I make a mistake, I trust you are smart enough to connect the dots.

1) Do you find very many credible sites that actually explain in detail the experience of photo reading? If so do these people who write these blogs or websites have a level of intelligence that you can expect from photo reading?

If they have lots of spelling and grammar mistakes, is that proof of a very effective system?

2) Does the site sound like it's JUST trying to HYPE you up and not show actual proof?

3) How come there are no videos of people taking tests with the camera zoomed in on their paper so you can see those people actually answering questions after photo reading? I’ve looked all over the internet and I can't find any videos like that.

4) On the work shop videos it only shows people doing the photo reading system, but there are not very many videos showing the system works. The only video I’ve seen was one by LSC where the PR students were asked questions about books when they were in front of a mic.

5) Call learning strategies corporation and see what kind of coaching you get. Hopefully you get good ones now that LSC sees this post on their forums.

6) Look up photo reading on YouTube and see if there are any people who make these videos actually show you their GENIUS abilities? There should be lots of people because supposedly a lot of people can apply this system successfully.

7) Did you know that companies pay people just to pose as customers and make positive dialogue? When you have a valid point, be aware that some members might defend it with non-sense.

8) The following is quoted from http://www.subdyn.com/photored.html:

Quote:
"Photo Reading" is a registered trademark owned by Learning Strategies Corporation.

Paul Scheele of Learning Strategies invented the term "Photo Reading" after attending a Subliminal Dynamics Course in October 1985. In the Subliminal Dynamics Brain Management Course he attended as a student, one of the subjects covered was Subliminal Photography / Mental Photography. This technique, along with other techniques, has been taught by Subliminal Dynamics Brain Management since 1975.

Three months after Paul Scheele attended the Subliminal Dynamics Brain Management Course in October 1985, he started a company called Photo Reading, apparently based in part on what he learned in the Subliminal Dynamics Brain Management Course, even though he was never involved with the research and development of Subliminal Dynamics Brain Management or Subliminal Photography / Mental Photography.

9) I've never tried Richard Welch’s Brain management system, but do you not like the way he explains stuff?

1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVy0jk4fBY8
2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvqyv3I8HSs
3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plwlqKrzqvU
4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-jiojKrRvk
5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiqQAzrEzNQ
6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxgR9qhKawM
7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llFvfkmWqBE
8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8GkHtpnEuo
9 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3TxUu_xyTw
10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ06K9zQNEs
11 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bEXmLO4y68

10) Did you know that self-help is a multi-billion dollar industry? What if photo reading was a system setup by a controlling government training people how to turn off their potential instead? Is it not possible? How do you know?

11) Are you the type of lazy person that cannot stand making big posts or typing new ideas and opinions on forums? ZMasterNCreator is considered lazy even though he is an active member on forums. ZMasterNCreator listened to programs all the way through and applied them as it said. If someone like ZMasterNCreator struggles to gain substantial benefits, will you?

12) Do you know what a cult is? Did you know that a cult can come in many forms? Cults can be management courses, workshops or overcoming addiction groups? Not all of these groups are cults, but some are, but the thing that the bad groups have in common is that they suck up your time and far worse.... It’s possible that the kind of manipulation cults use can be in audio or video format. Watch the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxJyfqeaKU8

Would you like to be like ones of those people in the video?

The sad thing about cults is that there is no cure if you’re in one. The only way you can leave a cult is by choice. Would you like to be in a position where you are so convinced of bogus that your family and friends can’t even make you quit the cult?

13) Why are visualiminals sold on a site that is seperate from learning strategies corporation? If there are visualiminals, why are visualiminals being sold on a seperate site without letting LSC customers know that there's a technology that actually stimulates your vision too? If I'm a customer, I expect the company I'm buying from is going to give me the best technology they know of. Since Paul is part of learning strategies corporation, I feel that I'm not getting the best learning strategies knows of. Because of visualiminals, I don't know if learning strategies is keeping more information away from me.

The following is quoted from http://www.visualiminals.com/faq.htm:

Quote:
What's the difference between visualiminals and other so-called "subliminal" tapes?
All subliminal messages are recorded so that they are registered by the non-conscious mind, bypassing the filters of the conscious mind. While most ‘subliminal tapes’ are aimed at the auditory channel only, visualiminals are effective at multiple levels as they activate the visual and auditory centres of the brain while the user is in a relaxed physical state.

14) Why do so many sites want to sell photo reading? How much commission do they make?

15) Will the answers to all of these questions satisfy your curiosity?

So is Photo Reading REALLY for me?
I couldn't get Photoreading to work either, but I see a lot of value in the Paraliminals and many of the other programs LSC produces. A lot of people seem very happy with it though, so maybe it's just me.

I don't see the point in Photoreading, if, as I understand it, all it does is help you to locate information in a book that you then have to read consciously anyway. Non-fiction books usually carry an index, where you can zoom in on the information you want, without all the squinting and flipping pages. What's more, I want 100% comprehension of most of the books I read, because I'm a polyglot and learn languages for the fun of it. this 5% doesn't cut it.

If you do a search on the Net for Photoreading and NASA you'll find a test that they did on it. The results were unfavourable.

Answer to question (13)

...because they're crap!
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/26/09 03:14 AM
Gee ZMasterNCreator,

You said you are a man of your word?

Join a religion, you could fit right in thinking to save yourself by converting others to your current opinion.

If it does not work for you, then move on. The way I see it that is your problem.

I have never believed anything works for everyone and there is plenty of speculation as to why.

My favorite is you cannot violate 'belief'. My second is that we are truly not alike soul and all. And my third favorite; you cannot really give anything to anyone else, for an idea is real and if one does not or cannot accept an idea then for them its powers are closed to them.

So it seems for now 'ZMasterNCreator' you fit in the 'not for me so how could it be real' category.

A very naive category to be sure however be pleased to bask in such a little box.
ZMasterNCreator,

Here's what I think...

1) LSC does not encourage cutting contact off with family members. They do charge a lot of money for their products, but if they genuinely believe they have found the next stage in the human evolution of learning that seems perfectly legitimate. Though I will admit (I do not listen to paraliminals) Paul's Voice is rather cult like and his knowledge of NLP scares me. I do not think LSC is starting a cult...

2) I believe photoreading is possible. Secretly I'm hoping for someone to reply to your post saying "are you kidding? I PR lawbooks and my activation of them helps me tremendously" Because I have had positive experience with photoreading just not the way they sell it. The brain just seems capable. Behavior can change as a result of text shown ludicrously fast (if you remember the first subliminal advertisements)..

Ok enough with numbers this is what I really think. PR is possible you just have been NLP'd SO much that you have expectations for yourself that can never be met. You've set the bar way too high.

And who can blame you. Even on your post protesting against LSC you used their own language..." I know that I am a genius" and all that jazz. You don't seem to see that your own reality is already changed or-dare I say-perhaps twisted by LSC.

The rules of the mind clearly say "That which is expected, tends to be realized" LSC wants you to think you can become a genius because it raises your expectations and aids in the process or enhancing your intelligence.

But we're not all Geniues. If we all were exceptional...no one would be. Genius in COMPLICATED. Volumes upon volumes are written questioning it. Paul Scheele can't just snap his fingers and turn you into one. But he CAN throw together an NLP script and convince you that you can become one-or excuse me "bring out the inner genius within"

ZMasterNCreator, You simply do not realize how much you are clay in their hands.

I believe photoreading can be accomplished... I just won't allow myself to become the tool of a company. And will keep my critical faculty running on full blast whenever i hear scheele's voice.

If PR is not working for you. Work harder at it.
If it still doesn't work. Work differently. Listen to the tapes again. Find out what you're doing wrong. Find out if your perception of it was incorrect.

Until then...

Please stop being so paranoid.

EVERYBODY ELSE (who's attention I've kept thusfar)

If you have good results with PR...PLEASE tell us.
Even though I advocate working with the system longer than you think you should...my faith is shaken reading the above post and I would appreciate the help.

TO LEARNING STRATEGIES:

I beg you... PLEASE...Prove ZmasterNcreator wrong. Don't delete any of these posts. Let intelligent discourse run its course and please don't delete these posts because they're "off topic"

The purpose of this thread is to talk about the legitimacy of Photoreading...surely you can tolerate that.

Keep up the discussion friends!

Talk to you all soon.

~Charlie
For balance, here is a video of Derren Brown using Photoreading and demonstrating what appears to be photographic recall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFGG6zWByhM

The thing you have to bear in mind with Derren is that he is, first and foremost, an entertainer, and in's difficult to see just how much of what he does is genuine mentalism, and how much is illusion and trickery. I suppose that's part of the act, though.

His other performances are worth watching too. He can do all sorts of interesting stuff with NLP, mindreading, levitation etc.
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/26/09 04:16 AM
Excuse please; LSC is NOT a self-aware thought-form with an agenda all its own.

You also give to much power away to NLP.

What you 'believe' enslaves you, nothing else.

Do your own SELF programming consciously.

PhotoReading worked long before it was called PhotoReading.

And many knew it already and called it by differing names; however it was very nice to see such a 'process' brought to account and codified.

Why it can work is a mystery to some... or yet many.

The poignant problem that first arises is language of description and ones personal philosophy or religion that sets the boundaries of what is possible.

Close the door if you must, but that does not change the experience and facts for those who elect not to close the door.

Like I have said before, I am surrounded by a dozen people who see me use it, however they are convinced that I am different.

So go figure.
Posted By: AndriDem Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/26/09 05:00 AM
Fun topic)) although really I would not call this LSC product "Photoreading", cause there is not much photography "in the game". Maybe "Intuitionreading"... But i can say indeed that some ideas are very useful, so the Whole mind system is not a complete waste of time)
 Quote:
2) I believe photoreading is possible. Secretly I'm hoping for someone to reply to your post saying "are you kidding? I PR lawbooks and my activation of them helps me tremendously"

Derren Brown's videos are already more convincing than that, there's another video of him remembering the order of a deck of cards.

The thing that gets me, is that there are claims that several people use the system successfully, but yet i don't find very much evidence from these people.

These are valid objections and no one should take offence to these because they can help photoreaders.

For example, a lot of people think etcha sketchs are cool and if you look all over the internet, especially youtube, you can find all kinds of cool things that regular everyday people do with these toys. With photoreading on the other hand I can mostly find LSC's crap and affiliates. If something is a good product it sells itself and people tell their friends, write blogs and even voluntarily put up videos showing the world what they can do because they are proud of themselves.
Hm, I guess photoreaders have better things to do than gloat about how well they can get information from a book. Who knew?
 Quote:
Hm, I guess photoreaders have better things to do than gloat about how well they can get information from a book. Who knew?

I guess so.
ZMNC, while I do think you're having a naughty, little troll, I also believe you are raising a valid question here: Where are all these amazing Photoreaders with their amazing results?

The questions for comprehension in the PR book, are also pretty obvious without having 'Photoread' it, especially if you already have an interest and some knowledge of brain/mind-related ideas. Multiple-choice is an easy way to get people to give the response you want for your statistice.

For example:

The book 'Photoreading', bu Paul Scheele, is about:

(a) llama breeding

(b) making fruit smoothies

(c) improving your ability to process information at an other-than-conscious level

A far more realistic test would be one whereby the Photoreader has to summarize the contents of a chapter, giving full details and references without all the obvious prompting.

If you looked for the NASA study, you'll see that the results were as follows (source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhotoReading):

The results of the study generally follow the pattern that PhotoReading and normal reading require a similar amount of time to complete.

In one test, the expert scored 37 of 38 possible questions correct with normal reading taking 19.43 minutes to do so. Then the expert took a similar test after PhotoReading the passage and scored a 38 out of 38 possible questions correct in a time of 18.13 minutes. McNamara took the same test, and scored a 92% both times. However, photoreading took 21.30 minutes whereas regular reading took 15.80 minutes. These results do not support Scheele's 25,000 words per minute claims.

In a text about perception, the expert read normally and finished the text in 8.82 minutes and answered three questions of eight correctly. Then, the expert "photoread" the text in 0.87 minutes and proceeded to read the text for another 8.12 minutes before finishing. After photoreading, the expert scored one out of eight questions correctly.

These results do not support Scheele's assertions that Photoreading helps one study faster and with greater comprehension than with ordinary reading techniques.

To conclude the study, McNamara noted that, "In terms of words per minute (wpm) spent reading, there was no difference between normal reading (M = 114 wpm) and PhotoReading (M=112 wpm)" (10). So why is it that so many people tout photoreading? In her conclusion, McNamara states that, "One aspect of the PhotoReading technique is that it leaves the reader with a false sense of confidence."

I, too, remain unconvinced. I like LSCs products, and I'm not accusing LSC of anything underhand here, but I, too, would like to see a bit more - or any - concrete evidence that it actually works, beyond people just saying it does! It reminds me of Ziad Fazah and his claim that he speaks 57+ languages, yet when he was actually called on to perform, he couldn't understand even the most basic of utterances in languages at which he is supposed to excel. So, Jacktuff13, I don't think it's a matter of gloating; it's a question of no concrete evidence supporting the claims of Photoreading, much like being unable to understand 'What day is it?' in Russian, when you claim to be the world's most accomplished polyglot.

Photoreading isn't the only 25,000 pm reading system out there. Ed Strachar has a system called 'Reding Genius' out there, and Dan Lee Dimke created a program in the 70s that he teaches in his Ultralearn seminar.
"A far more realistic test would be one whereby the Photoreader has to summarize the contents of a chapter, giving full details and references without all the obvious prompting."

In both the 2004 and 2007 retreat every participant was given the 30 minute challenge. Someone gave us a book and we had to tell that person about that book. There were people who were tested for the 30 minute challenge on stage in front of the camera.They answered specific questions about the book at the end of 30 minutes.

These things don't convince you naturally. Because reading doesn't work. You cannot read. Did you know that? Reading is technically an impossible feat.

Letters are symbols which poorly translate sound. We look at the symbols and give them meaning. Where in reality they have no meaning. They are abstract. Someone can look at them and give them voice but lets get real. You cannot touch the symbols they only have meaning that we as individuals gave them.

How did we give them meaning? Rote learning which ultimately helped us to memorise certain patterns and give the set of symbols a meaning.

This leads to problem two. Comprehension which is the second stage of learning to read. Learning to understand what you are reading.

49 percent of the educated public cannot read even to a basic level. less than 40% can read to college level. The most taught subject in college is remedial reading. They try to get people to read beyond grade nine level.

Now you take PhotoReading and try to correct that?

Back to comprehension. That in itself requires thinking. Most people read with a degree of comprehension. However it is only as effective as that little voice that says the words in their mind so they hear someone speaking or telling them stuff.

Which is interesting about the NASA Report. No one ever actually reads the PDF themselves and thinks about what the researcher/trainee (who is the same person) is testing for. They take the word of whoever had something to point out about it but there in is a danger. You miss what they probably missed.

The first part of the report... the researcher is checking for speed reading or the ability to read at 25,000 words a minute.

If you've followed me and the Learning Strategies site for any length of time you know
You Cannot READ at 25,000 WPM
• PhotoReading is not READING

Knowing that and if you read the report you might just notice the researcher is testing PhotoReading for something it is not. Since PhotoReading is not reading at 25,000 wpm why is the researcher testing PhotoReading for that?

Another thing you might notice if you read the report. It makes no mention of NASA or how it is connected to NASA. A thinking person did question that and made an interesting finding.

Another thing about the report. The PhotoReading professional did not agree to participate in all the experiments - The expert isn't named. To a scientist this makes any research inconsistent. Unless there is the numbers to account for drop outs.

And a thinking person might even question the validity of something that claims to be scientific research where the researcher is a participant / trainee?

All that the research proved is that PhotoReading is not reading at 25,000 wpm and that you cannot read at 25,000 wpm.

PhotoReading itself is one step of a system. The system as someone who was taught to read can point out teaches many of the aspects of basic good reading habits.

Can you drop the PhotoReading step and improve your reading? Yes, if you haven't already adopted the basic good habits of questioning what you read.

Quote:
3) How come there are no videos of people taking tests with the camera zoomed in on their paper so you can see those people actually answering questions after photo reading? I’ve looked all over the internet and I can't find any videos like that.
I don't know about you but do you have any idea how badly having someone breathing over my should affects my concentration?

And what would you see? Someone answering a test. If you want to model a person you need to step back observe not hang over them. You know give them space to perform.

Quote:
4) On the work shop videos it only shows people doing the photo reading system, but there are not very many videos showing the system works. The only video I’ve seen was one by LSC where the PR students were asked questions about books when they were in front of a mic.

Here's a paradox. You see people doing the system. But not how the system works. Like I said earlier, reading itself is subjective. It's not something you would see much more of when it comes to doing the system.

Showing someone how to climb into my mind while I PhotoRead has been an interesting problem. In my classes I show them what I do each step but it doesn't show them how to do the system instead it takes a lot of explaining and drumming in the steps. Each student takes away a key that unlocks the process for them. My last one hit the glory and summed it up as, "Have a conversation with the author." Now how do you show that visually?

Quote:
5) Call learning strategies corporation and see what kind of coaching you get. Hopefully you get good ones now that LSC sees this post on their forums.

"Help it didn't work?" As much as I'd love to give you PhotoReading you do need to meet me part way. Lately your post haven't left me with much coaching material. Right now you are like the Zen student all talk but no way for the teacher to find out where you are stuck or what you are doing.

What did you do that didn't work? Yes I ask for specifics because I cannot teach in one email what I teach in a weekend. Actually I could but you'd wind up getting enough pages to fill a book and the book has been written so that wouldn't solve the problem. If you're lost you need to give the coaches some landmark to tell us where you are at.

How far have you gone in the course?

Quote:
6) Look up photo reading on YouTube and see if there are any people who make these videos actually show you their GENIUS abilities? There should be lots of people because supposedly a lot of people can apply this system successfully.[quote]

Why do you assume that PhotoReading turns people into some sort of savant? We are ordinary people who live our lives with our own personal aspirations. I use PhotoReading to get my reading done faster and yes I could go through more books and become something like a walking encyclopaedia. But what's the joy in that? For one I like to socialise, chat with friends over coffee, look out the window, walk the dog. Laugh, cry and enjoy my life. You might see something exciting about being a "genius" that gets millions of hits on youtube for their brilliance. Rest assured though most people just want to live a decent life and provide for their family. Something about being a one hit wonder on youtube doesn't entice a lot of people.

You make the assumption everyone wants to be like you when you ask a question like that.

[quote]11) Are you the type of lazy person that cannot stand making big posts or typing new ideas and opinions on forums? ZMasterNCreator is considered lazy even though he is an active member on forums. ZMasterNCreator listened to programs all the way through and applied them as it said. If someone like ZMasterNCreator struggles to gain substantial benefits, will you?

I've written enough post on this forum to fill 3 books. over 4000 of those post are under my old user name prior to joining Learning Strategies on a professional level.

Quote:
13) Why are visualiminals sold on a site that is seperate from learning strategies corporation? If there are visualiminals, ...

Is not a Learning Strategies product. The company that developed them is based in England. Paul didn't develop Visualiminals He did have a hand in helping with the development to a degree.

Quote:
15) Will the answers to all of these questions satisfy your curiosity?

Actually no. We can answer as much as we want. And as I've said since reading is subjective only you will ever be able to satisfy your curiosity.

Quote:
2) I believe photoreading is possible. Secretly I'm hoping for someone to reply to your post saying "are you kidding? I PR lawbooks and my activation of them helps me tremendously"

I cannot help laughing at that one... Search the forum for the former user CommmonSense He was a district attorney who uses PhotoReading, I don't know what his career status is now. He did make a post that did say PhotoReading helps him with the law books. Though without the phrase "are you kidding?" \:D It did take him 12 months before he 'got it'. He got it during a court case I believe. Well worth going back to his post period 2002 to 2004.

Want to know something about me?

I came to do the PhotoReading course in 2002. I knew you cannot read at 25,000 wpm so that wasn't what got me to spend the money on the course. What got me was reading 3 books in the time I could read one. My mind did a switch on read 3 times faster.

When I paid for the course I was informed about the forum and I read some of the post here. One stuck out was how much difficulty one person had getting it. It took her 6 months.

I slammed the forum shut. I thought hang on if they can give a 30 day money back guarantee one must be able to learn it within 30 days.

When the course arrived I read the PhotoReading book. Somewhere I had come across the advise from Pete to read the PhotoReading book first in the course so I did that.

At the end of the book after following the little Einsteins I thought whoa, here's an author showing me that I don't need to read everything that's written in the book. That I'm better off visiting the book more than once. And I can get real information in much less time.

I joined the forum "after" I learned PhotoReading. The course arrived 6 March 2002 I signed up 30 March 2002. I got PhotoReading and I'm still here with the intention that I leverage those who want to learn PhotoReading.

PhotoReading changed my life but I'm not waving it around on youtube making out I'm a genius or better than anyone else now that I PhotoRead. That wouldn't help anyone.

What I am doing is standing on a higher step of the ladder and giving a hand up to those still coming up and even a push to those who manage take it further. And it isn't about PhotoReading it's about live and PhotoReading and reading itself is leverage not a magic pill that you swallow once and your life has changed.

AlexK
Posted By: AndriDem Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/26/09 11:09 AM
Wow... a lot of text really...

What do I think of PR:
1)The whole concept is interesting. I don't know really is it the PR step that helps me find the answers. As I child I read only those parts that were interesting to me, so I was PR in a way. So it is hard to tell if this "page flipping" is really helping
2)I watched a video on YouTube where some reporter went through all the PR step. One phrase caught my attention: "what if you could get through all the material(or something like that) by Photoreading(flipping pages)". There is a misconception. Photography is done in 2-3 secons, but all the steps of PR are taking still way to much time. So it is hard to say that the Whole mind system has anything to do with it.

Even the infomercial with Mr. Bisonnette is giving a wrong understanding what PR really is. People are starting to think that it is just "Page down and that's it", but as we know it is far from that.

3) About those examples about a DA(district attorney). Well nobody really knows is he really exists. Maybe even on the DVD-s all the people there are actors. That is why I am suggesting that LSC should make a tour through Europe and Russia(especially Russia) where they show their skills. That is a good marketing campaign IMHO.

4) Photoreading is not reading... well yeah, it is not reading as we understand it, but it is at least speed reading. I already mentioned that the Skittering technique is the same as what teaches Tony Buzan or Oleg Andreev(a russian coach). So people may call PR whatever they like but there is a saying in Russia(i think in Russia): You can name an old car "Ferrari" but it will not drive because of this faster)))
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/26/09 02:51 PM
Those who know, know.
Those who don't can question those who know all day, but it will change nothing for either of them.
Those who know still know and those who don't still don't.

Very simple really.
You are presented with an idea and unless you enable it to work for you, it cannot.

I don't care what you believe about me, however I know what you 'believe' about yourself seals your fate every time.

When I read about another struggling. I take it as a personal warning to go work on my self and sometimes I am moved to send a blessing...

...sometimes but never twice in the same direction for I will not remain party to enabling weakness.

Believe in your Self or wither.

God made the Law and whole universes sing the song very loudly.
 Quote:
don't know about you but do you have any idea how badly having someone breathing over my should affects my concentration?

And what would you see? Someone answering a test. If you want to model a person you need to step back observe not hang over them. You know give them space to perform.

So there’s no way of doing it without letting things distract you? Does the average person find a camera being zoomed on their paper more distracting than solving questions from a book the’ve just photoread in front of an audience? How come the photoreaders at the retreat could not lose their concentration?

Quote:
Here's a paradox. You see people doing the system. But not how the system works. Like I said earlier, reading itself is subjective. It's not something you would see much more of when it comes to doing the system.

Showing someone how to climb into my mind while I PhotoRead has been an interesting problem. In my classes I show them what I do each step but it doesn't show them how to do the system instead it takes a lot of explaining and drumming in the steps. Each student takes away a key that unlocks the process for them. My last one hit the glory and summed it up as, "Have a conversation with the author." Now how do you show that visually?

I agree that even reading is subjective, but you are able to objectify your learnings to the real world. You can have a discussion with someone who has a good understanding of a particular book and see if they think you know what you are talking about.

Quote:
“Help it didn't work?" As much as I'd love to give you PhotoReading you do need to meet me part way. Lately your post haven't left me with much coaching material. Right now you are like the Zen student all talk but no way for the teacher to find out where you are stuck or what you are doing.

What did you do that didn't work? Yes I ask for specifics because I cannot teach in one email what I teach in a weekend. Actually I could but you'd wind up getting enough pages to fill a book and the book has been written so that wouldn't solve the problem. If you're lost you need to give the coaches some landmark to tell us where you are at.

How far have you gone in the course?

I told the people on the phone what I’ve been doing and all I’ve been getting were stock answers. They basically told me to reread the book and really couldn’t help me. Haha I’ve had enough coaching, thank you very much though. I’d rather cut out all the distortion and learn from Richard Welch, the guy that taught Paul Scheele the brain management/subliminal dynamics course before he started photoreading.
Don't tell me that there was a doubt in me for a long time that was holding me back because that's not the case. I've been photoreading for about 3 years and really believed in the system and I was applying photoreading to everything. Just because I have questions NOW about photoreading doesn't mean I had doubt all along. Plus if I didn't have faith in photoreading I wouldn't have applied it to everything. I've had my experience with the system and if you want to end up like me that's your choice.
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/26/09 03:11 PM

Then knock yourself out.

But in the end, it will You teaching you.
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/26/09 03:14 PM
 Originally Posted By: ZMasterNCreator
Don't tell me that there was a doubt in me for a long time that was holding me back because that's not the case. I've been photoreading for about 3 years and really believed in the system and I was applying photoreading to everything. Just because I have questions about photoreading doesn't mean I had doubt all along. I've had my experience with the system and if you want to end up like me that's your choice.

In the old schools no student 'asked questions' for 3-5 years. (nor even spoke a word) They watched and followed instructions or left the school.

Oh how 'soft' the outer world yet is...
That was pretty much all i did was follow instructions because I just used the system out of faith. I believe that I could already do the system successfully.
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/26/09 03:40 PM
That was pretty much all i did was follow instructions because I just used the system out of faith. I believe that I could already do the system successfully.

Follow your own heart, keep records.

Best advice in the cosmos.
I don't like this.

Quote:
Hello. My name is Peter Bissonette, president of Learning Strategies Corporation. I am fortunate, because I know how to do something that may cause you to salivate. I can consume vast amounts of printed information with the same ease as drinking water using the PhotoReading Whole Mind System. And, if you are willing, I can easily teach you.

Quote:
People learn PhotoReading, because they know life can be better than it is.

Quote:
PhotoReading does not give you a photographic memory nor instant recall of everything. It simply makes printed material faster to process and easier to use.

Quote:
(How are you doing? Are you a little skeptical? The Minnesota Department of Education was extremely skeptical when they reviewed PhotoReading during the process of licensing us as a Private School in 1986. Know that PhotoReading is based in fact, not fantasy. When President Kennedy announced that man would be on the moon by the end of the decade, many thought he fantasized. They didn't know what space scientists knew; if they had, they would have believed in the goal from the beginning. Similarly, if you knew what cognitive scientists know, you would enroll in a PhotoReading class this instant. )

Man never landed on the moon, it was fake.
http://www.apfn.org/apfn/moon.htm

Quote:
If you buy the self-study course, you will PhotoRead a dictionary, think of any word, and know where it is on the page–on the first CD!

The live weekend class enjoys a 96% success rate, which means virtually everyone can PhotoRead. All you have to do is decide to do it today.

Quote:
A beginning PhotoReader can get through a book that now takes you 10 hours to read in just three hours. During that 3-hour period you spend only a few minutes PhotoReading. The rest of the time is spent in activation so that you fully understand the material. Using the PhotoReading whole mind system you can absolutely get through material three times faster than you can now. And, that's just the beginning!

Quote:
Earlier we said that processing and understanding PhotoRead information requires activation. You will learn several ways to activate information, including "super reading and dipping." >>>>>This process involves going back through the book by moving your eyes down the middle of the page for 2-40 seconds a page. <<<<<< Beginning PhotoReaders may super read and dip through a book several times during the two hours it takes to process and understand the material—you will discover learning comes best in layers.

You know when you are finished, because the book gels and you understand the content. It may take the full two hours for a book to come clear for the beginning PhotoReader. Until then, it is possible for beginning PhotoReaders to feel they are learning little from the book. As when making gelatin, it isn't gelatin until it gels.
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/26/09 04:56 PM
So what?

And there is a whole city complex on the other side of the moon and one hidden on Mars.

What of it?
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/26/09 05:14 PM

And the worm lifted his nimble head above ground and aptly declared; 'There is nothing above us!'

And a host of worms gathered worshiping about and declare in broad unison; 'All hail our new king and prophet!'

But alas all was not well in Earthen Town, 'no' screeched the maddened King; 'How can these misbegotten 'other worms' bring forth each their own eyes and sprout for forth wings to fly?'

It is 'unnatural, it is ungodly', he pontificated upon his earthen throne trying to dispel the wild rumors of freedom.

'Raise up a army, marshal vast forces, we shall restore the "truth" by force of arms'...

===============

...well in this case by much raising of 'doubt'.

Carry on oh wayward 'son of not' and strip out all who truly waiver.
Posted By: AndriDem Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/26/09 05:34 PM
Is Yukala a priest now?)))
If photoreading is based on fact like man landing on the moon, that's not very convincving because the moon landing was fake. Space scientists didn't land man on the moon, so if you knew what they knew, you'd know that man hasn't reached that goal yet. That moon landing hoax was just a scare tactic for the cold war.
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/26/09 06:12 PM
 Originally Posted By: AndriDem
Is Yukala a priest now?)))

er, um that would be High Priest, Most Holy Bo-dung flung this side of the Galaxy to you, brother!!

Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/26/09 06:22 PM
If photoreading is based on fact like man landing on the moon, that's not very convincving because the moon landing was fake. Space scientists didn't land man on the moon, so if you knew what they knew, you'd know that man hasn't reached that goal yet. That moon landing hoax was just a scare tactic for the cold war.

Funny thing is convincing each other of anything is NOT compared to the wisdom that can up-well from each their own Heart.

I well think we have put men and women on both Mars and the this Moon. And that the conspiracy runs the other way from 'faking' a landing.

So what?!

I Photoread daily and you can't get it.

Go figure, after three long torturous years of failure you wallow like stuck pig.

What gives?

If you do not take responsibility for your own fate, then pray tell who gets the privilege?

Us?

Pass the plate, for this I do take large and larger 'donations'.

Because like drugs; each time back, you will need a yet bigger 'kick' to get around the same old bush.
Hahaha! I'd rather be free and use my heart. There are so many things that i've posted on this thread that just don't add up about learning strategies corporation. By saying what you are saying yukala, people can believe in a system that never works and just keep up with it because they want to take responsibility for their own fate. What a great way to put pain on people, so that they stay in the system.

Based on what you are saying, you don't need photoreading just look at all the pages and believe that you can do whatever you want with the information you've just photographed. Following a set of rules kills creativity anyway so you are better off believing something works that you've created, whether it's a mind machine in your mind for solving calculus problems or believing a ring will bring you more wisdom.

In sales you are more easily convinced if you've created your own experience rather than an experience being pushed on to you and having to rely on answers outside of your spirit. So if you believe that you can do something that's been created in your mind, then you can do it.

A man who lives for flesh and anything non-spirtual, then you are not living for eternal life. Those who live by the flesh die by the flesh.

Yukala I want to be proven wrong... Can you prove that the system actually works? If you can't get proof that the system works, then what does the system create if you can't show conclusive evidence? Sure the system is powered by your beliefs but does that show that the system works? Even if the system is powered by your beliefs, you should be able to produce some kind of conclusive evidence.

They say a person's outer-world reflects their inner world. So what can you see at the photoreaders outerworld that reflects the photoreader's inner-world?
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/26/09 07:23 PM

Actually, you do not want to be proven wrong.

You are mad it works for others.

Prove you have a soul.

Mystics and Geniuses through all times have asserted this simple fact of just 'knowing', even without 'looking' at any pages.

Your looking puts you personality-wise 'in the game of knowing'.

But the thought-form was already there, the ideas embodied in someones work are eternal and do not care how we record them.

An occultist goes to and mentally reads the 'records'.
A mystic to his heart.

Edison said the ideas are 'in the air'.

And almost every major invention or achievement is done near simultaneously in many separated places at once.

You have proved your-self wrong, that is all.

Enjoy it.

I enjoy having PhotoReading as just more thing I can do.
Actually I do want to be proven wrong. You can't do it can you?

Quote:
You are mad it works for others.

Nope, I'd like to talk to these other people actually because I'm fascinated by what they claim.
 Quote:
Funny thing is convincing each other of anything is NOT compared to the wisdom that can up-well from each their own Heart.

Even without convincing there would still be things your outer-world reflects from your inner-world. Your heart is still from within, so your outer-world should reflect your inner-world.
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/26/09 08:04 PM

Have fun, I am! And with that, this bantering has spent its luster compared to all the fine projects I am doing just because I AM I, such a fine, excellent, well poised, emotionally sharp PhotoReader (add wonderful) extraordinaire!!

I whip down 1000 and sometimes 2000 pages of often very technical material; and that on right regular basis and then APPLY the info on physical objects (often doing what I have never seen done), correctly the FIRST time and gosh I just keep forgetting that this is not really possible.

And yes I was considered a genius before photoreading and now water just parts before me when desired...

;\)
If you go to http://www.selfgrowth.com/greatways/photoreading.pdf there is a free ebook by learning strategies corporation that claims that you can READ at 25,000 WPM. If you go on the last page and look at the last paragraph you'll see what I have quoted below.

Quote:
To truly master PhotoReading, you should try the PhotoReading Personal
Learning Course. This comprehensive course will teach you to master
these and far more effective techniques to increase your reading speed up
to 25,000 words per minute or more.
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/26/09 09:59 PM

Ya, the claim is a little lame, as I Photoread a trifle bit faster than that when I care to turn the pages that fast.

Maybe they should just add a disclaimer:

"Warning: Photoreading is for geniuses only"
http://www.lifetools.com/newpages/ReportPages/resultswithPhotoReading.pdf

Quote:
Nearly every PhotoReader has the experience of PhotoReading and then knowing
specific information from the text. This is called spontaneous activation.
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/26/09 10:54 PM

Nearly every human has the experience of recording all that is exposed to their senses, though it be a candle lit a mile away.

When someone 'picks up a voice in the wind' it is called spontaneous activation.

You can increase this to consciousness by various forms of mental discipline and you find this aptly demonstrated by those who investigate crime scenes for instance. They see what escapes the notice of the average person every day and not just at a crime scene.

Every profession can demonstrate this, a workman on a job soon learns the sounds of their profession, the smells and sights and processes a profound array of information in mere seconds of arriving at a new job site.

Every single driver of any vehicle does the same. A common surfer on the net soon masters the clicks site upon site. Yet watch how timid the new person is to the same activity.

I was a writer by trade before taking to Photoreading; words, ideas and books themselves were my life. I am very accustomed to perusing or studying book upon book in my normal course of research year after year. Acclimatized to both mathematics and logic and used to 'thinking' out the material I read helped make assimilating large amount of material a snap.

So, to PhotoRead a book as fast I turn the pages was but a small step in land I already well knew.

Your mileage will most certainly vary as there are many other factors, such as belief and confidence that add to each person equation.
I saw a BBC program and here are some interesting quotes from it:

“Cantor hoped to believe that at the deepest level mathematics would be rest on certainties, which for him were the mind of God, but instead he had uncovered uncertainties, which girdle had proved would never go away. Logic has revealed the limitations of logic. The search for certainty has revealed uncertainty. As for the notion of certainty, there is no certainty in human life, but our knowledge of our possible knowledge of this world of ideas can only be incomplete and finite because we are incomplete and finite. At the end of this journey the question I think we are left with is are we grown up enough to live with uncertainties or will we repeat the mistakes of the 20th century and pledge blinder allegiance to yet another certainty?”
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/27/09 01:02 AM
Cantor's vision remained limited. Better to have shed all vestiges of any religion before studying God as mathematics. And that mathematics would have been Geometry.
Posted By: AndriDem Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/27/09 07:43 AM
Man guys. What are you talking here about?)) For sure not about PR))
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/27/09 03:37 PM
Man guys. What are you talking here about?)) For sure not about PR))

Perhaps, or perhaps you missed some details?

It has been very stimulating and challenging on a few levels.

I am even now more aware of Photoreading limitations so far as the natural history and temperament of the student.

Dare I say:

Photoreading is not well advised for those who now cannot read or do not like to read.

Photoreading is best done first on material germane to the student; that is a car mechanic would Photoread car manuals etc.

Spontaneous Activation need be considered as another separate skill. More strictly reserved as a study for those with unique qualifications...

...such as: A history of practicing mysticism, or doing activities by the heart, or channeling.

Photoreading will not teach you how to think or handle ideas, especially new ones if you are not already trained to do so.

There are other classes of division, some as fine tuning.

And lastly with great prejudice, Photoreading is not for nay-slayers and skeptics.

ZMASTERNCReaTOR!

OPEN YOUR EYES!

What are you even doing by arguing the legitimacy of the PR system?
Originally I was on your side. It makes sense to question. I am Catholic. One of the priests at my parish who I talked to told me to question as much as I felt I needed to because that's what leads to true faith in anything. When reasonable questions yield no good answers, faith can be shaken. But all of your reasonable questions have been answered. AND YOU"RE IGNORING THEM.

In order to continue your stubborn argument against LSC, you must resort to the most ridiculous questions and the faultiest logic you can come up with.

Quote:
Know that PhotoReading is based in fact, not fantasy. When President Kennedy announced that man would be on the moon by the end of the decade, many thought he fantasized. They didn't know what space scientists knew; if they had, they would have believed in the goal from the beginning. Similarly, if you knew what cognitive scientists know, you would enroll in a PhotoReading class this instant. )

Notice a keyword "SIMILARLY"

I'm sorry if I delve into a slightly insulting tone. But I feel you need it. It says similarly. The Photoreading system is not BASED on the fact that Man has been to the Moon. Surely you're not THAT bent on disproving PR.

Anthony Jacquin describes hypnosis as a singularity of focus. When in trance, a person is so focused on one idea that logical and reasonable thoughts cannot interfere. A hypnotized subject can become "stuck" to something because they are singularly focused on the idea that they're hand is super glued to the object. The person is hypnotized because he or she fails to recognize that there is NO superglue at all.

You are self hypnotized, ZMasterNCreator.

You, for whatever reason, are so bent on disproving PR that you can focus on nothing else. Logic and Reason are not active in your mind.

Look at one of your longest posts. The entire thing is Pete Bissonette. And the ENTIRE THING is reasonable and logical. It says that PR is a way of consuming information (not reading at 25,000) He says Life can be better, and it can be once you learn. (look at Yukala or even me) He says that PR is not photographic recall. It isn't

But as soon as he throws out an analogy that you don't believe in...THE ENTIRE THING COLLAPSES for you.

You are so bent of disproving PR that your logical centers can't even substitute "When it was proposed that the world was round and not flat, no one believed it. "

Just because you think one scientific advancement is illegitimate doesn't mean they all are.

Furthermore did it ever occur to you that the mental whatever course you are CONTSTANTLY talking about was incomplete?

That Scheele felt it needed improvement. Where would we be if nobody accepted what Edison and Tesla created because they used information given to them by their teachers?

----

Open your eyes from the trance you have created and change your reality for the better.

If you are Zen at all, just accept that someone might know more than you. And STOP this ridiculous argument. If you don't have the humility, you have bigger problems than reading/info processing speed.

And lastly, I honestly want to thank you.

You have show me just how far into complete foolishness one has to sink or order to believe PR is not real.

Sorry for being harsh. But as any hypnotist knows. Sometimes you have to threaten and blow on eyelids to get someone out of a trance.

Good Luck
~Charlie
 Quote:
But all of your reasonable questions have been answered. AND YOU"RE IGNORING THEM.

Thank you! Other people will be glad that all these ANSWERS are REASONABLE. I can't see it but hopefully some one who isn't hypnotized can see. This thread isn't for me, it's for everyone.

Quote:
Notice a keyword "SIMILARLY"

I'm sorry if I delve into a slightly insulting tone. But I feel you need it. It says similarly. The Photoreading system is not BASED on the fact that Man has been to the Moon. Surely you're not THAT bent on disproving PR.

You're right there's the keyword SIMILARLY, honest mistake. I talked about that quote because I didn't like it. It had nothing to do with the validity of photoreading.

Quote:
He says that PR is not photographic recall

I knew that from the beginning.

It's great that you see something I don't, good luck. For anyone who wants to get the best insight from this thread I'd recommend you read from page one. This thread transformed AkaCharlieG.

If you get ??CONFUSED?? don't be afraid to ASK QUESTIONS.
AkaCharlieG, you just flipped over like a pancake. At the beginning of this thread you said your faith was shaken by it. I'm glad to see that your faith is no longer shaken.

I'm not going to break what is working because I'm perfect and so are you. I don't care if you're a bad painter or disabled, your expression has a higher purpose that is perfect. I'm doing everything right because I feel I'm doing it right. I'm not going to break that by logically trying to figure out a system rather than using my intuition. Today i'm applying the photoreading system on camera and i'm answering questions on paper so that everyone can see a portion of what i'm getting from the book. I'm a genius for applying this idea because no one ever has on youtube.
Posted By: truth Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/27/09 08:09 PM
Many decades ago while taking a Kundalini Yoga course I experienced some out-of-body experiences which gave me some brief, and for me anyway, incontrovertible glimpses on the extent of our human capacities.

I found myself disembodied and yet "traveling" through and "seeing' various parts of the universe and this planet. And no-I was neither a drug user nor a diagnosed schizophrenic. One of the places to which I 'traveled', a small canyon in Colorado, I actually visited in the flesh about a year later.

For these few instances I discovered that the full(or fuller) extent of our 'senses' transcend the limitations that we ordinarily and habitually ascribe to our physical apparatus,to our 5 senses . Parenthetically,I believe that the great German philosopher ,Immanuel Kant, wrote several volumes which fundamentally(but unintentionally) supported this idea and inadvertently won over many mystic thinkers from the East.

While LSC doesn't promote Photoreading on this basis-- that our grasp of things and ideas in the universe needn't rely on the presence of a physical substrate-- the body, these experiences which I describe above certainly gave me personal verification of their possibility and hence, led my attention to methodologies like Photoreading...among many other things.

And while I believe that systems such as Photoreading and brain dynamics may work for some, as Yukala alluded, many unconscious factors may prevent a good lot of us from ever mastering them-- and not necessarily because of shortcomings within the program itself.

Having worked as a counselor for over three decades, I've seen many who experienced a multitude of lost memories, a diminished capacity for both analyzing and creatively working with their current "worlds, even forgetting what one just said-- it happens on ALL different levels. Call it denial, repression... whatever you will. Without regard for what Freud said and dispensing with the vast research on this topic, I would say, anecdotally, that all else being equal, Fear-- whether conscious or no-- will shut down our vision of the world.

In this case, Photoreading , may elude our grasp because the various channels of our mind it may open might actually unleash a host of material for which we might not be psychologically prepared .

There are many myths which refer to just this idea-- that we can only Be that which for what we're truly ready. For example, it was only after a apprenticeship with the masterful Merlin, who exposed Arthur to the many 'scary' dimensions of Being, that he could then remove excalibur from the stone and thus rise to kingship-- his True Self.

He first needed to overcome his fear.

Alex wrote:

"In both the 2004 and 2007 retreat every participant was given the 30 minute challenge. Someone gave us a book and we had to tell that person about that book. There were people who were tested for the 30 minute challenge on stage in front of the camera.They answered specific questions about the book at the end of 30 minutes."

Well, if you have the video evidence of success with PR, then you're doing yourselves (i.e. LSC) a disservice if you don't post them for all to see. Your choice, though. I guess we'll just have to take your word for it otherwise.

Without the photographic evidence, this is just Ziad Fazah all over again. The only video available of him, shows him failing miserably to comperehend several languages, 3 of which are on his list of his best 16. Is it not in his best interests to post something showing what he can really do? Then again, he really has to be able to do it. Maybe he learns with Photoreading. The more I read this thread, the more I wonder how much of PR is really just hype. I mean what can you actually do with it?

"These things don't convince you naturally. Because reading doesn't work. You cannot read. Did you know that? Reading is technically an impossible feat."

In that case, how are you comprehending these posts? Are you absorbing them metaphysically on some level mere mortals such as myself are unable to attain? Just wondered, because I'm 'reading' them.

"Letters are symbols which poorly translate sound. We look at the symbols and give them meaning. Where in reality they have no meaning. They are abstract. Someone can look at them and give them voice but lets get real. You cannot touch the symbols they only have meaning that we as individuals gave them."

We call this 'reading' where I come from. And I've found the letters and writing systems of the many languages I've studied to be perfectly adequate for my my needs.

"How did we give them meaning? Rote learning which ultimately helped us to memorise certain patterns and give the set of symbols a meaning."

This isn't entirely true. It may be of one's first language, but I recently happened upon a system to learn Chinese characters together with their tone and order of elements in just a few seconds, and also recall them and be able to write them on demand accurately. Rote learning is the usual, painful way to do this, I will agree, but it isn't always necessary.

"This leads to problem two. Comprehension which is the second stage of learning to read. Learning to understand what you are reading."

But I thought reading was supposed to be impossible, so why even attempt it?

"49 percent of the educated public cannot read even to a basic level. less than 40% can read to college level. The most taught subject in college is remedial reading. They try to get people to read beyond grade nine level."

Again, you are alluding to 'reading' when you claim that there is no such thing. Come on, you can't have it both ways!

"Now you take PhotoReading and try to correct that?

Back to comprehension. That in itself requires thinking. Most people read with a degree of comprehension. However it is only as effective as that little voice that says the words in their mind so they hear someone speaking or telling them stuff.

Which is interesting about the NASA Report. No one ever actually reads the PDF themselves and thinks about what the researcher/trainee (who is the same person) is testing for. They take the word of whoever had something to point out about it but there in is a danger. You miss what they probably missed.

The first part of the report... the researcher is checking for speed reading or the ability to read at 25,000 words a minute.

If you've followed me and the Learning Strategies site for any length of time you know
• You Cannot READ at 25,000 WPM
• PhotoReading is not READING"

In that case, there is some serious misrepresentation going on, if only through implication. I notice that the sites that promote PR are very careful not to use the word 'reading' to refer to Photoreading, but surely reading is implied, and not in some small part by the now rather inconvenient name of the system PhotoREADING.

"Knowing that and if you read the report you might just notice the researcher is testing PhotoReading for something it is not. Since PhotoReading is not reading at 25,000 wpm why is the researcher testing PhotoReading for that?"

So, what you're saying, is that the test needs to be rigged so that PR comes out favourably, much like the very easy multiple-choice ones in the PR book.

"And a thinking person might even question the validity of something that claims to be scientific research where the researcher is a participant / trainee?"

Good point. OK, then, if I happened to be in Oz in the near future, would you be interested in submitting to a test that I administer? You are, after all, an 'expert' at Photoreading, so I would expect you to be able to Photoread a book of my choosing, and provide accurate answers to any questions I asked, including statistical data, without error or guesswork, and without the need to return to the book consciously after 'activation'. Well?

The fact that you have to return to the book after all the other steps, including the PR step is one thing that I find suspicious about the whole thing. You've got to 'dip in' and read consciously, so really, you can just dispense with the rest of it and just go straight to the index and look up what you need. Unless, of course, I'm missing something. If I am, then please show us the evidence.

"All that the research proved is that PhotoReading is not reading at 25,000 wpm and that you cannot read at 25,000 wpm."

In that case, the claims made on the websites that promote PR are deliberately misleading. This reading speed is implied, if not claimed.

But the bottom line here is this: Where is the evidence that PR is as amazing as you claim? And what can you actually do with it?

"PhotoReading changed my life but I'm not waving it around on youtube making out I'm a genius or better than anyone else now that I PhotoRead. That wouldn't help anyone."

I disagree. It would clear up a lot of the debate on here and also help out LSC, the company you represent. As I pointed out above, you aren't helping yourselves out otherwise, in fact, you are adding to the suspicions of the skeptics.

If you don't fancy doing it yourself, why not ask Yukala to do it? He has no qualms about proclaiming himself as an enlightened genius, and I'm sure ZMaster would like to see him put his money where his mouth is.
Posted By: AndriDem Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/29/09 12:27 PM
Nice text Inchiki
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/29/09 03:39 PM
 Originally Posted By: Inchiki Gaijin
If you don't fancy doing it yourself, why not ask Yukala to do it? He has no qualms about proclaiming himself as an enlightened genius, and I'm sure ZMaster would like to see him put his money where his mouth is.

Nice.

I do not get any money from this. However I do have my agendas elsewhere.

The first step of flipping pages at 25,000 words or so per minute and another 'unrelated step' to this system called PhotoReading generally known as 'spontaneous activation' with some techniques that promote a similar experience is what I know.

And I was using it 'by accident' since about 8th grade. So I have tests and many personal experiences now 35 years later to better understand and utilize it.

Taking the course was a validation and codification of a process I could easily appreciate. My first speed reading class was back in 10th or 11th grade. And gosh I could wish I knew then what I learned in Photoreading.

Anyway, as I have said and I am not of LSC, but by way of classification an old Theosophist, second generation 1905-1935. And there are many things I know to be possible, have records of or can do that would blow the circuits of most the nay-slayers here a’ complaining.

And with prejudice and experiencing heaps of prejudice over time, our attitude is generally; ‘so what, that is really your problem to know, to prove a thing and enjoy doing it’ not ours.

We have been party to many inventions that are considered common scientific fact and most our investigations would not pass the test of conservative scrutiny.

So again, enjoy what you believe and know and can do. I do.
\:\)
 Quote:
Nice.

What's on your agenda; posting on forums frequently to people you don't even know?
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/29/09 04:25 PM
 Quote:
Nice.

What's on your agenda; posting on forums frequently to people you don't even know?

This is the one of two forums and the other one has 6 posts and it is business related having to do with running ones own server company.

I am very focused, this topic interests me, as I use it daily.

Secondly I am founding an on-line school and intend to run it for the next 30 years as feasible.

However, I will probably just keep it to point one, as I am content to build my reputations up from scratch elsewhere.

Enjoy; the sun shines, the dogs play and many projects await...

Good Fortune to each and all.
Posted By: AndriDem Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/29/09 04:40 PM
One question)

Is it possible that we could PR without knowing about these steps? If someone would tell us that PR works without the page flipping step, would not it be the same result? A friend of mine did this experiment and he did pretty well without getting into states)) He just activated the book...
Oh God.
The moon landing was not fake. Each one of the arguments posed in the link you gave has an explanation, it's just that you and the author are too blinded to actually bother looking it up.
Found a small problem that's already been explained, but you haven't heard it? Oh, then the whole thing must be fake, no?

And if that's one of YOUR arguments for why photoreading doesn't work, get off the forums already ZMasterNCreator.
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/29/09 05:33 PM
One question)

Is it possible that we could PR without knowing about these steps? If someone would tell us that PR works without the page flipping step, would not it be the same result? A friend of mine did this experiment and he did pretty well without getting into states)) He just activated the book...

Alright, if A: you mean, not opening the book at all or B: you mean 'no special focus of the eyes' such the 'x' techniques or looking beyond the page and/or seeing the middle third page.

A: The answer may well surprise you.

B: Yes, no special focus is required of the eyes, EXCEPT they are extremely needful and even necessary to most people who have not enough or adequate metaphysical training or mental discipline or experience with, and some mastery of meditation.

The why is 'attention' in a word but a book could called forth to spell out the reason in detail.

It is beyond the scope of the Photoreading course of LSC to elaborate on the first point A.

Kind Regards,
Posted By: AndriDem Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/29/09 05:43 PM
I mean A.

A friend of mine just oppened the book. Asked himself questions and just Super Read the book and he did pretty well) I was surprised)) The whole concept of this course was really based on this page flipping stage))
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/29/09 05:55 PM
I mean A.

A friend of mine just oppened the book. Asked himself questions and just Super Read the book and he did pretty well) I was surprised)) The whole concept of this course was really based on this page flipping stage))

That would come under the heading of 'following intuition'.

And it works with all things. And many live like that.

He could add the 'turn the pages as he spoke positive statements' to great advantage.
 Quote:
Oh God.
The moon landing was not fake. Each one of the arguments posed in the link you gave has an explanation, it's just that you and the author are too blinded to actually bother looking it up.
Found a small problem that's already been explained, but you haven't heard it? Oh, then the whole thing must be fake, no?

And if that's one of YOUR arguments for why photoreading doesn't work, get off the forums already ZMasterNCreator.

You're absolutely right jacktuff. Photoreading absolutely works, but you've got to be in fantasy land imagining it works.

haha i'd love to get off learning strategie's forum but they won't let me delete my account. I've even suggested for my account to be deleted and it hasn't been deleted eventhough I wrote a thread saying fuuck learning strategies corporation. I don't think this forum wants me to leave.

I already know photoreading is garbage and you cannot convince me or anyone that it works. Another thing you can't do is PROVE that it works.

I've spent almost 3 years on photoreading following all the steps and it didn't work. It's only my opinion and I don't expect you to take it to heart. The best thing you can do to see if photoreading really works is look for proof because proof shows it works.

I'll have a huge amount of respect for anyone to prove me wrong. If you can't then you can take your photoreading book and shove it along with the dictionary, tapes and other junk you've wasted your money on.

If you want to waste your money go to a casino. Atleast you get high off the oxygen that's pumped while you are playing games that can make you feel more alive especially when you lose.
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/30/09 04:25 AM
Is this a good time to tell you 'fantasy' is as real as it gets in any universe; as the whole thing is 'conjured'.

All the earth heavens are 'fantasy lands' molded over millions of years by its inhabitants... ...and not one is eternal.

You would do well to learn to live by the 'laws of fantasy'.

LSC can take care of itself and those of us who know how to use tools use them.

So called reality is created and maintained by the strong; while the rest are swept along and left wondering what happened, 'after the fact'.

Enjoy the 'wake'.
Hahaha i've been living in my fantasies for a long time. I'm strong, so strong that i don't need learning strategies corporation. I've done better without any of their products.

People can decide for themselves and i've decided that learning strategies products don't work at all and i don't care what you say, i have my reasons. And yes i'm going to go around telling people that it doesn't work because i'm not going to conform with the rest of the people who tell people to believe it works. I'm using another part of my brain by doing this and this will create more neuro pathways because i'm not always stimulating the part of my brain that says believe believe! All companies want you to believe in their products but what learning strateges is doing is counter-intuitive. They are putting the blame on you for not believening in their products rather than you asking why you should believe them. I don't want other people to go through what i've been through. There have been people in the past that have missused positive suggestion to get people to do wierd things. Cults do exist and I know why people have a hard time leaving them. Why do people in cults sound all cheery and too happy when they talk?
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/30/09 05:47 AM
Good luck on your Crusade!

From my point of view ALL major religions are cults.

Fire away.
AndriDem wrote:

'Is it possible that we could PR without knowing about these steps? If someone would tell us that PR works without the page flipping step, would not it be the same result? A friend of mine did this experiment and he did pretty well without getting into states)) He just activated the book... '

I do believe you have it nicely surrounded there!

A few years ago, Pete was all pleased with himself, and recounted a story of how he'd Photoread a Japanese character dictionary, to find out the meaning of the kanji on the T-shirt he'd bought (or that someone had given him). His finding of the word in kanji, which happened to be 'ichiban' meaning 'the first' or 'the best' was supposed to demonstrate the miracle of Photoreading. The first character in virtually any kanji guide (following the order of kanji as they are presented educationally) is 'ichi', the first element in the word he was looking for and the easiest to write, therefore it appears at the beginning of the dictionary. What's more, it often occurs as a sample compound with - guess what - the other character that makes up the word. I mean, you open the book to page one, find what you want, and them claim 'It's Photoreading at work! A miracle to be sure!' My arse!

I pointed out at the time, it wasn't such a feat. I got no reply, unsurprisingly.

What would be a convincing feat would be if, for example, I were to ask him what kanji number 1336, meant, what the 'on' and 'kun' readings are, and to recall, from memory, all the componds presented with that kanji. I'd also expect to be able to show Pete a kanji, and for him to be able to identify its meaning, readings and componds, oh and its official number and hey, where it is on the page. If this system really does ignite one's genius, then I'd expect him to be able to do this. Can he? I doubt it!

I guess he'd have to go back to the dictionary and flick through, thus 'activating' the material. In other words, he'd have to go back and look for it consciously, which is what people do anyway. It's good, old-fashioned 'skim reading', which the mind seems perfectly capable of. You can pick up a lot of skimmed information from a book in 2 hours (the activation time) and make as much sense of it as someone who had Photoread it.

This is where PR really falls flat on its face for me. It is stated that only 4 to 11% of the information in any book is useful - a silly claim any way you look at it! A language course, however, is a different story altogether. You want all that information with conscious recall of it, yet Photoreading doesn't promise that. It doesn't promise anything like that, so what good is it?

The more I read this thread, the more I'm doubting the efficacy of PR, and the people who are touting it so vehemently. I think there is a marketing 'con job' going on here at some level. I feel like I did when I tested 'Superlearning'. What a joke that was!

ZMNC, I, too, find Pete's new, aggressive marketing distasteful. It reminds me of the style of the money-obsessed bottom-dwellers who have dominated Internet Marketing with their constant hard-sell promotions. Competition on the Net is rife, so you have to use every tactic you can to convince people to buy. All the IM bottom-dwellers will tell you this, from Joe Soprano to Jay Conrad Levenson. Sell, sell sell! This includes the good old 'social proof' factor. Obviously, you've got to follow suit, and tout your wares in such a competetive environment, so I do see why Pete is taking this approach.

However, with that in mind, and his constant, pushy marketing, is he really going to say, 'OK, well we have all these videos of people demonstrating Photoreading, but we're going to keep them hidden away in the vaults because we don't want to come over all conceited, now do we? Let's hide them and leave them all guessing.'

Doesn't quite jive, does it? If they were available, he'd have used them for sure!

Not being a Photoreader, and of course, using my skill of 'reading' which is impossible, apparently, I missed this, posted By ZMNC when I posted my last post:

'To truly master PhotoReading, you should try the PhotoReading Personal
Learning Course. This comprehensive course will teach you to master
these and far more effective techniques to increase your reading speed up
to 25,000 words per minute or more.'

I don't know where this comes from, exactly, but it says Paul Scheele wrote it! If it is, then (1) this refers to 'reading' speed, yet Alex claims that reading is impossible. (oops!) and (2) it says you can increase your reading speed up to 25,000 words per minute, yet Alex states that such speeds are not possible. (oops again!)

The credibility of PR is coming under fire here, and has been on Amazon for several years now. Don't you think it would be in your best interests to decide exactly what you're going to present as your truth to the general public, because as it stands, the lack of real evidence of PR's 'amazing' power, punctuated by these blatant contradictions, is making it obvious to me that something is amiss here.

I am still convinced of the power of the mind, but less and less in the benefits of Photoreading, as the way to activate it. I think it's a gimmick, and I'm not seeing any real proof that I'm wrong.

Maybe Photoreading does work: it gets you to skim read a book for information, and then believe that you've done something new and amazing. Placebos work too!

What was it Woody Allen said?

'I speed-read 'War And Peace' in 20 minutes...

...it's about Russia'

Something familiar there!
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 06/30/09 07:04 AM
For you,

...you seem to have done right well talking yourself out of what you could turn to advantage.

I would admit the course could be re-written and put to a more logical footing especially as regard all marketing claims.

However, I take the base idea and develop it in another direction anyway, one I am very familiar with; mysticism.

Most people are 'ruined' by normal reading education long before they leave schooling. One renowned genius declared long ago; you need get your children out of school by 8th grade or being a genius could be lost to them. Or they need be held out when young and taught how to think and develop out their intuition as first law of their being before preceding with much education.

Breaking the bind of sub-vocalization, is the slippery key.

Good Fortune mastering same.

It ain't easy, the old Professor said, 'It ain't easy' he mumbles yet again...

...'it ain't easy...'
Here are a few comments about photoreading I've quoted from Amazon that you may want to read:

Quote:
By "lazy_einstein"

I'm glad I didn't buy this book/system, here's why:
While looking for information on how I can improve my reading skills I stumbled across LSC's PhotoReading website and was truly amazed with their promises. Being able to read at least three times faster and that's just the beginning? Eventually being able to read 25,000 words per minute? WOW! In my naive mindet I got all excited and started thinking about all the books I wanted to read. The website included testimonials and claimed that "PhotoReading has appeared nationally on hundreds of radio shows, including network broadcasts, and many television shows."

The whole course costs approximately $250, now that's a lot of money! I decided to do some research first and see what other people had to say, interestingly the only credible study I could find was conducted by NASA, here's what their report said:

The results for all measures yielded no benefits of using the PhotoReading technique. The extremely rapid reading rates claimed by PhotoReaders were not observed; indeed, the reading rates were generally comparable to those for normal reading. Moreover, the PhotoReading expert generally showed an increase in reading time when using the PhotoReading technique in comparison to when using normal reading strategies to process text. This increase in reading time when PhotoReading was accompanied by a decrease in text comprehension.

If you already bought into the hype and don't believe me see for yourself, http://www.sti.nasa.gov/Pubs/star/star0003.pdf - it's on page 146. Apparently this program doesn't work after all. Not only that, like another reviewer on Amazon mentioned it seems like this book only gets extremely positive or negative reviews; I took the liberity to look at the profiles of people who wrote a positive review and it turns out that most of them reviewed many books similar to this (kudos to LSC's marketing department for reviewing their own books) and they all received 5 stars.

Don't buy into this new hype, it's nonsense. Anyone who looks at a book for a couple of minutes and reads the chapter headings will be able to tell you what the book is about, it doesn't take PhotoReading to do that! If you really feel a need to waste money I suggest you send it to me and I'll be more than glad to teach you something you already know and even come up with some fancy words like PhotoReading, you'll get your money's worth, I promise.

Quote:
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2009 12:56 PM PST
Kyle says:
I just wanted to add that I read Derren Brown's Tricks of the Mind book and he said that he went to a photoreading seminar while he was at university and that it seemed like a scam and that it did not teach anything real or more useful than you could get from basic skim reading.

Quote:
Weekend Woodworker says:
Many of the reviewers are the friends of so called Self Help gurus or similars, who give 5 star reviews to each other's products to promote sale of their junk.

Quote:
I've been working at this "PhotoReading" think diligently now for several days. After I first looked at the book, I thought it was the most cockamamie thing I'd ever heard of, but then, perhaps more from hope than common sense, I began to change my mind. It seemed like there might be something to it...that, in theory, it *should* work. So I got the faith, so to speak, and plunged in.
The basics of PhotoReading are simple enough: you preview the text, page through the book rapidly, while maintaining an unfocused gaze at the pages (thus "nonconsciously," as the author puts it, photographing them), let it incubate for a while, then skim the book, and, if necessary, go back and speed read it. Very broadly, that's it.

Right there, it should be apparent that what is giving you a grasp of a text's contents--if anything is--are the repeated trips back into the text, not the hoodoo-ism of PhotoReading itself.

I've tried it. I have not received any benefit whatsoever from the PhotoReading itself, although, of course, repeated trips back to the text have been helpful.

One way the author is able to assert that you can read 25,000 words a minute is by, in fact, urging you NOT to read them. He maintains that only 4-11% of a text contains useful information. REALLY! I don't know what kinds of books he reads, but the books *I* read are hardly so much fluff!

The author seems to give himself a back door, too, in case you can't get PhotoReading to work for you. If PhotoReading doesn't work for you, it's because you care about the outcome. No kidding. In other words, for instance, graduate students who have a pile of books to cleave through should not worry about this...otherwise it won't work. That's like saying, "Don't think about a green banana"--the first thing you think about is a green banana. Of course people are going to be concerned about their mastery of a text...if they weren't, there would be no need for it, and the very people who MOST need to be able to PhotoRead will be least able to make it work.

This is a slim paperback, and an overpriced one at that. There is a measure of slick, salesman-like smarminess to it, too. For instance, the back cover loudly proclaims, "Includes a free coupon for two powerful audio tapes, _Memory Supercharger_ and _Personal Genius_." Okay, cut to the coupon: Immediately, you see that, literally, the COUPON is free (as most in this world are), and that the tapes are FAR from free! Furthermore, throughout the book, and for 7 full pages at the end, Paul Scheele is peddling his other services.

All this notwithstanding, there is *some* useful information here. As an introduction to memory/learning techniques like Mind Mapping, it serves as an adequate introduction. PhotoReading is not any substitute, however, for true speed reading. I will continue to work at this, though, just in case...and if I change my mind about this technique, I will retract what I have said here with the same stridency with which I am offering it now.

Quote:
Ebolamonkey says:
The books Paul Scheele intended for people to read are self-help books and more marketing gimmicks designed to keep you are sub-middleclass serf/slave so that the people who write those garbage books can become fat Capitalist pigs.

Any book that deals with Math can be excluded. That would be the entire Engineering, Physical Sciences, and many other fields today that are fundamental in driving today's latest technological developments.

If you want to be another snake-oil salesman then this is THE book you get and model after to swindle other people of their hard earned money.

I really hope people read this entire thread instead of just reading posts on this page. There's a lot that people who are interested in photoreading might want to read.
Here are a few comments about photoreading I've quoted from Amazon that you may want to read:

Quote:
By "lazy_einstein"

I'm glad I didn't buy this book/system, here's why:
While looking for information on how I can improve my reading skills I stumbled across LSC's PhotoReading website and was truly amazed with their promises. Being able to read at least three times faster and that's just the beginning? Eventually being able to read 25,000 words per minute? WOW! In my naive mindet I got all excited and started thinking about all the books I wanted to read. The website included testimonials and claimed that "PhotoReading has appeared nationally on hundreds of radio shows, including network broadcasts, and many television shows."

The whole course costs approximately $250, now that's a lot of money! I decided to do some research first and see what other people had to say, interestingly the only credible study I could find was conducted by NASA, here's what their report said:

The results for all measures yielded no benefits of using the PhotoReading technique. The extremely rapid reading rates claimed by PhotoReaders were not observed; indeed, the reading rates were generally comparable to those for normal reading. Moreover, the PhotoReading expert generally showed an increase in reading time when using the PhotoReading technique in comparison to when using normal reading strategies to process text. This increase in reading time when PhotoReading was accompanied by a decrease in text comprehension.

If you already bought into the hype and don't believe me see for yourself, http://www.sti.nasa.gov/Pubs/star/star0003.pdf - it's on page 146. Apparently this program doesn't work after all. Not only that, like another reviewer on Amazon mentioned it seems like this book only gets extremely positive or negative reviews; I took the liberity to look at the profiles of people who wrote a positive review and it turns out that most of them reviewed many books similar to this (kudos to LSC's marketing department for reviewing their own books) and they all received 5 stars.

Don't buy into this new hype, it's nonsense. Anyone who looks at a book for a couple of minutes and reads the chapter headings will be able to tell you what the book is about, it doesn't take PhotoReading to do that! If you really feel a need to waste money I suggest you send it to me and I'll be more than glad to teach you something you already know and even come up with some fancy words like PhotoReading, you'll get your money's worth, I promise.

Quote:
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2009 12:56 PM PST
Kyle says:
I just wanted to add that I read Derren Brown's Tricks of the Mind book and he said that he went to a photoreading seminar while he was at university and that it seemed like a scam and that it did not teach anything real or more useful than you could get from basic skim reading.

Quote:
Weekend Woodworker says:
Many of the reviewers are the friends of so called Self Help gurus or similars, who give 5 star reviews to each other's products to promote sale of their junk.

Quote:
I've been working at this "PhotoReading" think diligently now for several days. After I first looked at the book, I thought it was the most cockamamie thing I'd ever heard of, but then, perhaps more from hope than common sense, I began to change my mind. It seemed like there might be something to it...that, in theory, it *should* work. So I got the faith, so to speak, and plunged in.
The basics of PhotoReading are simple enough: you preview the text, page through the book rapidly, while maintaining an unfocused gaze at the pages (thus "nonconsciously," as the author puts it, photographing them), let it incubate for a while, then skim the book, and, if necessary, go back and speed read it. Very broadly, that's it.

Right there, it should be apparent that what is giving you a grasp of a text's contents--if anything is--are the repeated trips back into the text, not the hoodoo-ism of PhotoReading itself.

I've tried it. I have not received any benefit whatsoever from the PhotoReading itself, although, of course, repeated trips back to the text have been helpful.

One way the author is able to assert that you can read 25,000 words a minute is by, in fact, urging you NOT to read them. He maintains that only 4-11% of a text contains useful information. REALLY! I don't know what kinds of books he reads, but the books *I* read are hardly so much fluff!

The author seems to give himself a back door, too, in case you can't get PhotoReading to work for you. If PhotoReading doesn't work for you, it's because you care about the outcome. No kidding. In other words, for instance, graduate students who have a pile of books to cleave through should not worry about this...otherwise it won't work. That's like saying, "Don't think about a green banana"--the first thing you think about is a green banana. Of course people are going to be concerned about their mastery of a text...if they weren't, there would be no need for it, and the very people who MOST need to be able to PhotoRead will be least able to make it work.

This is a slim paperback, and an overpriced one at that. There is a measure of slick, salesman-like smarminess to it, too. For instance, the back cover loudly proclaims, "Includes a free coupon for two powerful audio tapes, _Memory Supercharger_ and _Personal Genius_." Okay, cut to the coupon: Immediately, you see that, literally, the COUPON is free (as most in this world are), and that the tapes are FAR from free! Furthermore, throughout the book, and for 7 full pages at the end, Paul Scheele is peddling his other services.

All this notwithstanding, there is *some* useful information here. As an introduction to memory/learning techniques like Mind Mapping, it serves as an adequate introduction. PhotoReading is not any substitute, however, for true speed reading. I will continue to work at this, though, just in case...and if I change my mind about this technique, I will retract what I have said here with the same stridency with which I am offering it now.

Quote:
Ebolamonkey says:
The books Paul Scheele intended for people to read are self-help books and more marketing gimmicks designed to keep you are sub-middleclass serf/slave so that the people who write those garbage books can become fat Capitalist pigs.

Any book that deals with Math can be excluded. That would be the entire Engineering, Physical Sciences, and many other fields today that are fundamental in driving today's latest technological developments.

If you want to be another snake-oil salesman then this is THE book you get and model after to swindle other people of their hard earned money.

I really hope people read this entire thread instead of just reading posts on this page. There's a lot that people who are interested in photoreading might want to read.
Nice double posting.

Seriously, just leave. You don't have to delete your account, just stop using it.
Something keeps bringing you back here, it's almost as if you truly at heart want someone to give you the smoking gun evidence that photoreading works.

Do it yourself, if you don't like it then drop it.
Why go through all this trouble of annoying everyone here and wasting your OWN time that you could be using to pursue what really matters in life?
 Quote:
Nice double posting.

That's technology for ya. [censored] happens whether you like it or not and that's reality.

Quote:
Seriously, just leave. You don't have to delete your account, just stop using it.
Something keeps bringing you back here, it's almost as if you truly at heart want someone to give you the smoking gun evidence that photoreading works.

Do it yourself, if you don't like it then drop it.
Why go through all this trouble of annoying everyone here and wasting your OWN time that you could be using to pursue what really matters in life?

That's your problem boss. If you don't like what I post, then don't choose to read my compositions. You will never understand what my purpose is here. All that stuff you say is your problem because you just can't stand me.

That's technology for ya. [censored] happens whether you like it or not and that's reality.

It seems as if you have lost faith in everything, these days.

Quote:
That's your problem boss. If you don't like what I post, then don't choose to read my compositions. You will never understand what my purpose is here. All that stuff you say is your problem because you just can't stand me.

I can't stand the fact that you're ruining the forums for any newcomers because of internal problems that you're facing yourself. Why should everyone else have to put up with it? If you want help then ask nicely and you know I, as well as Alex and Yukala are always doing our best to guide you and many others in the right direction because we know that it works well for us.
Newcomers can decide for themselves.

Yukala and you cannot help me because you haven't been seeing from my eyes and listening from my ears all these years. I can only help myself. I'm confident because I've experienced lots through trial and error. I'm perfectly fine; I make my own choices and that's part of being a human being.
 Quote:
...you seem to have done right well talking yourself out of what you could turn to advantage.

You may be right there. But you also may be wrong; I could be wasting my time on something that doesn't work, when I could be spending time on what I know does, for my requirements at any rate. Superlearing didn't work - I got far better results from learning how to use my mind more effectively, and Photoreading for me is the same. I suppose it depends on what an individual wants from Photoreading and what he thinks he's getting from it.

I'll wait for the proof. I won't hold my breath!

If anyone is interested in increasing their ability to learn, I recommend doing a course by Dominic O'Brien, a man whom I respect tremendously for going against the dyslexia label he had been given as a child, and used his mind to become he world memory champion many times over. He memorised a complete set of Trivial Pursuit questions and answers, and he could produce these answers on demand. I can't honestly see a Photoreader being able to do that after squinting at the cards and pretending to activate them.
 Quote:

That is interesting, because that video of Derren was the only straw I was clinging to that this might not be a con. Oh well! I guess he was using some trick that the audience isn't aware of, but that's part of the fascination with the guy.

Thanks for posting that ZMNC. I missed that on Amazon.
Posted By: truth Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 07/01/09 02:44 PM
I think that the bottom line is that very few consumers apparently get the PR system to 'work' for them at what they consider a satisfactory level and that the marketing by LSC seems misleading to many.

Nonetheless, at least a few vouch for PRL's efficacy.

What more needs to be said?
Search the forums, truth.
Thousands of members who bothered coming onto the forums have gotten it to "work" for them.

No more needs to be said, as ZMNC said himself, only he can help himself.
I hope he realizes that his time here is finished until he has something meaningful to say.
I got a message from someone in the forum and I just thought I'd share my reply to this message.

Quote:
Hi ZMNC,

Excuse my mistakes, I'm from Spain (Europe) and I'm not used to write in english.

The reason why I send you a MP, is because I prefer not to polemize and I haven't yet participate. I take 5 months trying to obtein some results from this system, and 1 month reading the explanations in the forum, but no results at all. If I write one post in the forum I'm sure I'll recieve the usual answers, what's your purpose? activate in layers... I've tried everything they've said to others.

I would like to know if there is a system that alow me to learn faster than I do now, as you are the only one I've seen that have the corage to offer another opinion, I'm interested in what could you recomend me.

G.

Hi,

Thanks for the message. Actually I wouldn't mind sharing my suggestions with the rest of the forum. I'll post this on my Alert thread.

First let me tell you a bit about myself. I was almost a professional athlete and had grades to get me into engineering in college. As a child I was a prodigy with computers because I was actually running websites and getting high traffic and actually wrote some code. When I got into college I took my education for granted because I knew lots about computers and I still do. Even if you read a book or two and know all there is to know about a subject that doesn't mean you can pass any test on that subject. The reason why you can't pass is because some tests are written in an esoteric way, so that only the students that have been going to class can answer so they can prove they've been attending. What got me into photoreading and self-help is the possibility of getting better and learning how to produce more exceptional results, why not? Being young and naive I thought this will help me get on my way to becoming rich and who doesn't want that? I wasn't rich and I thought I didn't know how to become rich so I gave all this stuff a try.

Ok here's what I recommend. Stop looking for things to better yourself because you are really fine the way you are. Looking for things to better yourself is just as bad as looking for a drug in order for you to feel good (Another excuse, eliminate excuses and take responsibility). If you are congruent with your mistakes then it's hard for people to insult you. If someone says something you don't like just say cool or something that indicates that you don't care and doesn't effect you (It's like sweeping dust off your shoulder and it really makes the person who's trying to insult you look dumb). Don't let people define who you are; instead you define yourself and not care what people think. Don't answer questions the way people want you to all the time. Answer questions the way you want to answer them. 99% of people who care what people think are usually the effect and not the cause of reality. A lot of people get too attached to what people think, if you do that stop that. Stop always looking on the positive side of things all the time, you've got to look at the bad too, the bad side of things are there for a reason. I'm not saying to not have a positive behaviour though and I'm also not saying to be a goodie two shoes because that turns people off. How do celebrities talk? Do they talk using self-help lingo all the time and using only positive words? You've got to be tough sometimes and stand behind what you say. I've learned to be level with people. For example if someone gets pissed off at me because they don't like my comments, I’m not sorry because it's really their problem. I don't justify myself because someone doesn't like my posts. I've learned not to explain myself all the time because people will never understand me anyway. All explaining yourself leads to is confusion and misinterpretations. However, explaining yourself may be necessary in some cases such as school or work (I've learned the hard way). I'm not lying when I say I've learned lots through trial and error. Another thing I've learned is to just focus on one thing and don't feel bad or stupid if you don't keep up with current events. People watch the news read books about things that really can't improve their lives; but they do it just so that they can prove themselves to others. Proving yourself is a bad move because it's subtly communicating that you are insecure and you are really just squandering your time (most people don't realize this). That's why I say you are perfect the way you are. All those worries about what people think is from all the programming the government that controls the government has created in people. The image of having a beautiful car and huge house and lots of money is an image that's brainwashed many. If people don't have all those things they feel as they are nobody and losers. A lot of people feel that they are nobody until they've finished school when the truth is you are somebody right now. Everyone has will power and just because you have a degree doesn't mean you have more. Your cup is full already so there is no need trying to fill it. I'm not saying don't try learning in school, I'm saying don't rely on school to make yourself feel complete. I don't care if you are handicapped; you are perfect for serving a higher purpose in nature.
No, no ZMNC. You're right, people are perfect the way they are. Don't say that you're " not saying don't try learning in school" because if you go to school to learn, you're looking for something to better yourself! And that can be "just as bad as looking for a drug"!!

I mean, if people were perfect, we wouldn't put them in schools. They wouldn't need to learn. They'd already know the best way of doing everything that they do, reading included.
Technology? Intelligence? Knowledge of a subject such as psychology? Those don't increase or become better over time! We don't find better ways of doing things as time goes on! Everyone is perfect from the start, no bother looking for anything to better ourselves, as it can be bad.

I love your use of logic.
Use your photoreading skills again boss.
Posted By: truth Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 07/01/09 06:59 PM
Scanning through the forums I have seen posters primarily inquire about difficulties they were having getting the program to work for them-- and occasionally I see people expound about their grand successes.

Now of course I can't offer you hard statistics about what percentage PR users became successful, but my intuition leads me to believe that most people fall off the wagon because of the great effort required or simply that for some reason they're not ready (see an earlier post, if you care) and end up trying yet another accelerated learning modality. But, admittedly, this is shere speculation.

With that said, I repeat, I do genuinely believe that Photoreading does work for a select number of folks. And logically, I can't say that it couldn't work for everyone.

While I disagree with some of what ZMC has said, and I do find his demeanor somewhat offputting-- (I take responsibility for that evaluation)-- he does raise some valid points about the efficacy of PR and the belligerently defensive tone people take in its behalf.

PR has been around for over a quarter of a century and one would expect a tidal wave of enthusiasm and material results in the mainstream were it something that thousands have gotten to work in the fabulous manner in which it's marketed. This applies to Brain Dynamics as well.

Occasionally I hear about a school or program utilizing PR-- but then, the project dissolves and no one explains what actually happened. I've even contacted Pete B.and other LSC honchos about this with no satisfactory answer.

Over the years, I've seen numerous posts of people requesting visible demonstrations of PR-- which I don't believe is an unreasonable request. All of these have- that I have seen, have gone unheeded.And, this certainly doesn't mean that it doesn't work.

In fact, I'd love for PR to take off and revolutionize not only business and academics, but also the fundamental way which the world habitually perceives reality.

I believe that the underlying, though unstated, principle of PR is that All is here now-- and that we have the faculties to access the All. This would lead so many to an experience of our common humanity among infinite other things.

Does any of this this make sense to you, Jacktuff...or anyone else?
Posted By: truth Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 07/01/09 07:12 PM
 Originally Posted By: Jacktuff13
No, no ZMNC. You're right, people are perfect the way they are. Don't say that you're " not saying don't try learning in school" because if you go to school to learn, you're looking for something to better yourself! And that can be "just as bad as looking for a drug"!!

I mean, if people were perfect, we wouldn't put them in schools. They wouldn't need to learn. They'd already know the best way of doing everything that they do, reading included.
Technology? Intelligence? Knowledge of a subject such as psychology? Those don't increase or become better over time! We don't find better ways of doing things as time goes on! Everyone is perfect from the start, no bother looking for anything to better ourselves, as it can be bad.

I love your use of logic.

Is it possible that everyone and everything is indeed perfect but very few people know it... regardless of our constant efforts to achieve it? You must have something to say about this Yukala.

Maybe striving for perfection is hogwash and all we really want to be is happy... or atleast to be free of all the things that say we're something less than perfect.

And perhaps psychology, can evolve but still only contract and circumscribe what we call perfection.

There is a polynesian myth which characterizes Man as someone who fishes for Sardines while perched on a Whale.
Use your photoreading skills again boss.

Seriously you have to quit with this childish behaviour. Are you trying to say that I'm misquoting you? Are you trying to say I didn't understand what you're saying?
Alrighty then.
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 07/01/09 08:46 PM
 Originally Posted By: truth
Scanning through the forums I have seen posters primarily inquire about difficulties they were having getting the program to work for them-- and occasionally I see people expound about their grand successes.

Now of course I can't offer you hard statistics about what percentage PR users became successful, but my intuition leads me to believe that most people fall off the wagon because of the great effort required or simply that for some reason they're not ready (see an earlier post, if you care) and end up trying yet another accelerated learning modality. But, admittedly, this is shere speculation.

With that said, I repeat, I do genuinely believe that Photoreading does work for a select number of folks. And logically, I can't say that it couldn't work for everyone.

While I disagree with some of what ZMC has said, and I do find his demeanor somewhat offputting-- (I take responsibility for that evaluation)-- he does raise some valid points about the efficacy of PR and the belligerently defensive tone people take in its behalf.

PR has been around for over a quarter of a century and one would expect a tidal wave of enthusiasm and material results in the mainstream were it something that thousands have gotten to work in the fabulous manner in which it's marketed. This applies to Brain Dynamics as well.

Occasionally I hear about a school or program utilizing PR-- but then, the project dissolves and no one explains what actually happened. I've even contacted Pete B.and other LSC honchos about this with no satisfactory answer.

Over the years, I've seen numerous posts of people requesting visible demonstrations of PR-- which I don't believe is an unreasonable request. All of these have- that I have seen, have gone unheeded.And, this certainly doesn't mean that it doesn't work.

In fact, I'd love for PR to take off and revolutionize not only business and academics, but also the fundamental way which the world habitually perceives reality.

I believe that the underlying, though unstated, principle of PR is that All is here now-- and that we have the faculties to access the All. This would lead so many to an experience of our common humanity among infinite other things.

Does any of this this make sense to you, Jacktuff...or anyone else?

Hi 'truth'!

Nice post! I largely agree with most of its points.

I 'reread' two books yesterday; PhotoReading and Natural Brilliance by Paul R. Scheele. And I mean I read them at 25,000 wpm approx. and what I mean by reading at 25,000wpm is what some scientists say is impossible.

You can read without 'sub-vocalizing' and once you do, you are far more free of the conscious bind, 'sub-vocalization'; that generally chains the reading populous to a 330wpm brick. And it ain't easy.

PhotoReading is very snappy and comprehensive book on its subject and presents a lot of work to be accomplished by user. This is difficult no doubt for most in a busy life and something that should have been presented to school children from 1st Grade. And as to 'Natural Brilliance' I found 'flat' and 'hollow' but not without some interesting ideas, could be condensed put in as a chapter to PhotoReading.

However, most people are so fixed to bad reading habits of one kind and other that for them to pursue PhotoReading as an adult reader (after 10th grade) is a steep climb; a truly hard road for most. Hands on help is probably called for again and again over time.

I would like to see the book 5 times more exhaustive where it handled many side issues and background details, however that would not necessarily make it spit out more accomplishers.

Maybe someone will bring this work forward another notch or two...

...maybe, but most likely from another direction, such as 'how to think'. For the bottom line is comprehension not speed, use of ideas not videos made to satisfy the demands of sceptics and media.

There are and have been hundreds of fine individuals who can break the mold and process and remember five things at once and handily spit at them out in front of an audience and the most famous of them admit that the very next day they 'remember nothing'. And every genius I have known or studied under adamantly warns that 'forgetting' or 'forgettery' is more important over time than any ability to remember endless details whether just read or heard or seen.

If you need proof, then you should move on and not bother with courses or studies like this. For the demand of 'proof' is proof you do not yet understand the mystery of life.

All Is and you are ALL.

Sincerely,

I would rather work with ten thousand who 'get it' then ten million who don't no matter money, fame or glory.

Yukala
Posted By: Yukala Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 07/01/09 10:19 PM

So here is a terse version of an old discourse...

One, ALL, Life

One with all Life

All, One, Life

All One LIFE

This says volumes:

It is the safety/moral line of all 'teachers' I would ever concourse with.

Proof is the 'outside', not ONE, not knowing ALL.

We share one Substance, one Spirit even GOD, so all ideas are resources of 'common wealth'.

Knowing this, one is master of any 'idea' presented to them no matter the method or means. No matter any time, space or any death (unconsciousness).

And so, are each completely responsible for said wealth.

When you do not get it, it is truely your problem. And one that is 'technically' impossible for another to remove as it would violate sovereignty and ones divine inheritance. Attempting it always downgrades all participates.

To get another to believe on you is a curse to both believer and the believed upon.

=====================

This is some of the short of it. And a mystical school is much 'tougher' than this venue here and Life Herself visits 'how tough' generation upon generation upon near endless generation... ...for to those who only believe but do not 'know' are the living blind, deaf and usually dumb.

...and I want to emphasis I have 'edited down' the more rough renderings.
Something I can share with the forum is that I've successfully executed psychic ability when I was a child several of times. All I did was make up what someone was going to do in the near future and it happened so easily too. I was relaxed and it didn't require any effort at all. What happened just makes sense because creative thinking really gets your frontal lobe working and that's without much effort at all. Back then, I didn't do a thing of mental training. Back then, I didn't feel like I needed something just so I could believe that I was somebody.
ZMNC
You're somebody whether you photoread or not, whether you read or not, whether you have money or not, whether you're smart or not.
The post you just made shows that you do understand that the mind has more potential than most people give credit for, and that it is capable of doing many things for us, such as forming hypotheses of events which will most likely occur like you most likely had, based off of information taken in without your interest, or even knowledge of.
That is all photoreading, or even mental photography is doing. It's taking in information that same way, as proven by studies that there IS a direct link between non conscious areas of the brain and the senses, and then putting it into conscious awareness and allowing you to make neural connections from conscious knowledge to non conscious knowledge related to it, as it seems like this is a "psychic" experience too, though more like a hypothesis.

I hope that wasn't too boring to read, haha.
Posted By: AndriDem Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 07/02/09 07:24 AM
I think this topic should be closed.

I don't know what is PR doing. Maybe it even does build some neural connection, but really... has that anything to do with "Photoreading". I mean: When you are shooting a photo, you push the button and the picture is there. You see it and every detail.
With this system the photography looks like this: We start to look at the picture we want to shoot(preview) and decide whether it is good(ok that part is ok), than we take a snapshot(PR) by getting into some right states. Then we wait...

And then comes the funny part: rather than seeing the whole picture, we take some coloured pencils and try to draw it by ourselves(activation)

This system works. I mean really - it does, but to call it Photoreading is like calling a whale a "dinosaur". That was a LSC marketing move, i think.
Posted By: truth Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 07/02/09 02:19 PM
This is my final entry on the topic" Is PR really for me". I promise.

For many decades, no one broke the 4 minute barrier in the mile until Roger Bannister eclipsed the mark in 1962.

Once that happened, it opened up an entirely new Paradigm, a belief for many that it can now be done-- it was demonstrated: subsequently, so many shattered that previous barrier that today a sub 4 minute mile no longer constitutes a competitive time in international track.

Going back to Yukala's assertion that the longstanding educational paradigm of standardized sub-vocalization being "the brick" which ladens us into the 330 wpm trap, I see the same possiblity here for creating a New Paradigm as did Roger Bannister for the track world..

Not only can we forge beyond the 330 wpm hurdle of sub-vocalization but we can radically alter our mindset of Separation which bogs down Humanity and leads to war and general antipathy. We must demonstrate PR to as many as possible-- that will shatter the old paradigm. But I guess I'm getting a little too out there for most people to digest. Anyway... he who has ears...

In many Mystical Traditions there is a spiritual discipline known as service. In Hinduism for instance, it is known as Karma Yoga. This along with meditation have been my primary practices for nearly 35 years and has led me to working in the prisons with people who most consider monsters.

I do this not simply for their sake-- but for my sake, for my spiritual enrichment.In moments of Grace, It has led me to seeing our Common Humanity- it has allowed me to at least somewhat dismantle the illusion of Separation. It is through demonstration that I do it. This is my mode of Genius.

Yukala-- there is something truly rewarding to be around those who don't get it... and then see when they do.When there's no separation, there's no personal sovereignty with which to interfere. It's truly magnificent... but certainly it's not everyone's karma or passion, or path.

But I do ask anyone out there who does feel the pull of Service within them to Demonstrate PR for the rest of the world. Help shatter the Old Paradigm. Be our Roger Bannister.

Actually without knowing it, I did perform this same psychic ability just recently. This execution wasn't a positive experience at all because I predicted some people's sins. Another interesting thing that I have is the ability to sneak by people without them noticing that I’m moving to another location(It happens unconsciously). What someone said is:

"What the hell weren't you just standing here like a second ago? Now you're standing all the way back there?"

It seems like I just teleported from one spot to another in their eyes, but in my eyes I was just moving and not doing anything special.

It seems like whenever I go to an area with a lot of people, people start to talk about spiritual people and how they are cool. Just recently someone said:

"Hey, that guy just read my mind."

When I'm in a crowded area all alone I like to listen to all sounds including the subtle ones to improve my sensory aqcuity. What I’m thinking is, other than picking up on people's words, almost accidently I pickup on people's words in their head which blend in with the rest of the noise. Unconsciously I react to those noises and somehow people notice I’ve read their thoughts.
Another weird experience I've had was psychically calling a cab. One morning I woke up and I wanted to call a cab that day, but instead I called a cab in a totally different way. Before going into the shower I said out loud:

"Call a cab." (I didn't even say that wit the intention to get a cab to my house)

Before I was ready to call a cab after my shower there was a cab in my driveway and a cab driver knocked on my door. He said:

"You called a cab."

I said:

"No I didn't."

He was quite angry that I told him I didn't call a cab, he was trying to argue with me that I did. So he left and I was like wtf?

I was going to call a cab after I was ready, but a cab ended up showing up in front of my house before could call. This was recent too.
...and then I woke up and found it was all a dream!
I learned a little couplet many years ago that seems to apply here:

A man convinced against his will
Is of the same opinion still.

I have recently learned from another exercise in attempts to communicate that different people's perception of 'proof' and 'reality' vary greatly. What serves as proof to one person can just as easily be seen skeptically by another - whether the proffered proof is based on experience, statistics, or logic.
From these postings, I would suspect that ZMNC is unwilling to change his opinion in spite of any 'proofs' that might be offered.

In recent years I have looked at a number of different offerings by people who are sharing their insights into self-development. As I look at them, I find that each person seems to be saying many of the same things but approaching the subject from a somewhat different perspective. Each perspective meets the needs of some group - and not the needs of others. The ones it helps review it as 'the answer.' The ones it doesn't resonate with review it as 'a hoax.'
There really is no such thing as 'one size [program] fits all.' And just because the program didn't work to fit you doesn't mean it doesn't work and fit other people. Equally, just because the program did fit you, doesn't mean it will work to fit others. [You can read in here my deep distrust of testimonials styled on the order of, 'If it worked for me, it will work for you."] I'm sure PhotoReading is also a program that works well for some - and poorly for others.
Thomas Edison is reported to have said about his 'failures' to create a light bulb that he had discovered over 1,000 ways that didn't work before he discovered one that gave him the result he was seeking. So if you still want the result, mark this one down as one that didn't work for you and keep looking for something that will. May you eventually be successful in discovering it!
Margaret Ida
Jacktuff13-
Sarcasm is a difficult tool to use well in text communication - but I assume your comments on perfection were written with that tone in mind.
Perhaps I could share a thought or two on the concept of 'perfect.' There are several meanings for this word according to just about any dictionary you choose to consult. However, in the self-improvement/self-development context, I think the best synonym might be 'whole' or 'complete' - without the implication of arrival at the acme of potential excellence.
In terms of a body, at conception it contains all the elements necessary for it to develop into a viable living entity and is therefore 'perfect' (whole or complete) for the moment in which it exists. At any point in its development, the same thing may be said of it. At no time does this 'perfection' deny the value or potential for continuing change and development - whether it ever reaches the acme of its potential.
Apply the same thought to the human experience - mental, emotional, spiritual. Where we are in our experience is whole, complete - perfect - for the moment in which we are now living. However, that does not mean in any way that there is no value or use in additional development in any or all ways. Nor does the concept that our future perfection may include additional experience, perception, and understanding make this moment's perfection something negative.
I hope these thoughts may be of value to anyone seeking to live with the concept of 'perfect' today.
May you create a marvelous day!
Margaret Ida
I still want to know what the definition of 'success' people are using with Photoreading actually is.

It doesn't give you a photographic memory, and you don't have access to the whole book at a conscious level, so I really don't see the point in it. If you have a book and want specific information from it, go to the index and look it up. I have been skim-reading a book on and off for the last few days to get information for one of my latest writing projects, and I'm getting just as much from it as I would had I Photoread it.

I would like to test Pete, Paul and Alex myself on this system.

I wonder where Alex has got to, actually...
It feels great to live in reality again. When I conventionally read a book I can understand concepts with clarity. When other people conventionally read material they appear to have a clear understanding, but so far I haven't met a photoreader that can demonstrate a clear understanding as a result of using the system.

If demonstrating a clear understanding of material isn't the 'success' that photoreading brings, then what is this success? Having a clear understanding of the material is essential for university exams. Also, why have people claimed that they wished they knew photoreading before college?
Posted By: usurped81 Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 07/07/09 12:05 AM
ZMNC,
How many PHOTOREADERS have you actually met, regardless of how well they can demonstrate it to you?
I certainly would like to meet another photoreader. Maybe that person would be able to answer Inchiki Gaijin's question.
It feels great to live in reality again. When I conventionally read a book I can understand concepts with clarity. When other people conventionally read material they appear to have a clear understanding, but so far I haven't met a photoreader that can demonstrate a clear understanding as a result of using the system.

If demonstrating a clear understanding of material isn't the 'success' that photoreading brings, then what is this success? Having a clear understanding of the material is essential for university exams. Also, why have people claimed that they wished they knew photoreading before college?

Quite so! These are perfectly reasonable questions, and ones that are not being answered. Therefore, that must be the answer.

I would like to test these expert Photoreaders myself, and see what they can really do. I imagine the result would be something akin to this, and this guy was given an extremely easy task, considering the boldness of his claims:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XA1Ifi-ntE
Now this is impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAtWuQmdexs&NR=1
It is - he's the real thing, and he has a great ear for the languages too.

I bet he isn't a Photoreader!
Posted By: xxxt Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 07/07/09 10:01 AM
KIM PEEK - go talk with him, he definitely is PHOTOREADEr, even with page numebrs \:\)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfDEAIszuQI
Inchiki Gaijin

Thank you, my point exactly

Quote:
In that case, how are you comprehending these posts?

Science hasn't proven how we read and yet some of us we do. PhotoReading is different to traditional reading. It isn't subvocalising word for word. We don't need to know or memorise everything word for word. It's another tool in the toolbox. I've PhotoRead books at 60,000 wpm and know what I need to know. If asked the right questions I can talk about them. There is the WIIFM factor.

Would I be interested in submitting to a test YOU administer? No... Outside disinterested third party who is neither for or against? Yes.

Quote:
I asked, including statistical data, without error or guesswork, and without the need to return to the book consciously after 'activation'. Well?
in other words testing a trait of memory? I you don't need to read to acquire information like that.

Going on youtube showing off. There are others doing it. Why don't I? WIIFM? It's not the best use of my time. And those who are against it will stay against it until they are ready to give up whatever fear they have for it to succeed. If they had no fear they would just do it. See what happens. If it can get you through your reading material 3 times faster is that so bad?

The only thing I've seen preventing people from getting PhotoReading is the baggage they are holding onto.

PhotoReading won't work if you don't believe you can. Just like you cannot break a brick with your hand or ride a bike (how does that work anyway?).

We get out of it what we put into it.

Trying to tell me PhotoReading is no good when for me PhotoReading gets me through 2 or three books worth of reading material in a day. Funny about that... people don't like being told what they should. It gets under their skin especially when they have enough to do.

The NASA Report? is like taking the sports car to drive to the corner shop with a speed limit of 20 MPH. If we could really measure the benefit of PhotoReading like that, we could declare the winner of the tour de France from the first leg.

There is different types of reading. Just like riding on a flat road doesn't take as much stamina as riding riding up a hill. And ask someone who doesn't want to ride up a hill to do it for you... they won't perform as well as if their heart is in it. We are human and thankfully we are not all the same. We each believe what we will and achieve what we will.

I'm not sure it's fair to tell everyone 'they shouldn't" because there is no proof.

I for one would love to give you proof.

Evidence that there is something in PhotoReading I have found. Yes scientific. However it's not related to PhotoReading it's related to the latest finding about our brain.

Unfortunately for those who believe PhotoReading doesn't work it won't make any difference. The same as me showing me in action using the PhotoReading system. You'll look for the tricks like I'm an entertainer. So for me it is a waste of time. I prefer to try to help people who do do the course.

I don't need to prove PhotoReading. I just do it for myself. I've never attempted to sell it to my brothers. Yet one of them did learn. He was desperate. He learned the system flipped the book and never opened it again before the exam. No time yet he passed that exam with a distinction.

Sometimes to succeed we have to be prepared to fail by a huge measure.

The recordings from retreat of 2004 is the Results Supercharger.

Did you know that Japan has the most PhotoReading instructors? They have taught over 100,000 people in live seminars since 2004.

ZMasterNCreator... Ebolamonkey... and I are still in touch. He didn't have the course or book either.

Quote:
But I do ask anyone out there who does feel the pull of Service within them to Demonstrate PR for the rest of the world. Help shatter the Old Paradigm. Be our Roger Bannister.

Pete had been doing it for years.

Quote:

I wonder where Alex has got to, actually...
Had a fire in the house. Heater went up in flames. Fortunately I am still of this earth.

AlexK

Posted By: truth Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 07/07/09 02:19 PM
Pete may have been breaking the Old Paradigm for years-- and intuitively I do believe that-- but apparently the force of his demonstrations failed to reach beyond the "hundredth monkey": after more than a quarter century Photoreading remains a novel skill which lurks far beneath the entrance of the mainstream.And that's not because no one gets it to work. My belief, like it or not, is that LSC fears the potential commercial backlash were demonstrators to "choke". And that's perfectly understandable.

I'm coming from a different perspective than Inchiki and ZMN-- I truly wish to see PR work and demonstrated-- perhaps beneath all their cynicism, they do too. I myself have had glimpses of "success" where I was able to "batch process" entire pages at a time and consciously recall material. And I do take responsibility for not having evolved further with the PR instrument.

Nevertheless, it would be great to see a number of courageous souls take the challenge and raise the PRMS energy beyond the "hundredth monkey". Jesus demonstrated many miracles for all to see... but he got crucified. Certainly LSC fears to suffer the same fate on a commercial level. Quite reasonable.
Posted By: truth Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 07/07/09 02:40 PM
Also, you're wondering WIIFM? With the proper marketing-- fame, fortune, a motherlode of mulah. Not to mention the feeling that you would in many ways forward the evolution ofthe planet ,be responsible for helping to revamp a tired educational system. Just use your imagination and I'm sure you can come up with a plethora of incentives.
Also, you're wondering WIIFM? With the proper marketing-- fame, fortune, a motherlode of mulah. Not to mention the feeling that you would in many ways forward the evolution ofthe planet ,be responsible for helping to revamp a tired educational system. Just use your imagination and I'm sure you can come up with a plethora of incentives.

You're assuming I want fame and fortune from PhotoReading? Those aren't my goals they might be yours.

Isn't it interesting that we believe that other people should want what we want? It's not okay to say I don't believe PhotoReading will work for me and move on and get on with something interesting in life? You also assume that someone else demonstrating it would convince you. Yet aside from experience there is a plethora of research that is trying to explain why we don't stop smoking when we know it's bad for us. For you to be convinced you need to have something switch inside of you. And you have to believe it before you see it. Or at least suspend disbelief. And it won't happen if we try to work with your rules. You're asking me to push you in the direction you want to go and yet the direction is one I've seen tried and failed so many times. There is a different way and I can show you but I cannot give you proof. There is no such thing, or you could accept that the truth is in the pudding. It means you have to make it. There is no such thing as a single truth either.

The only thing that convinced me is I did it.

I didn't buy into "read at 25,000WPM" I tried that before and became a slower reader as a result. No, what originally sold me was the potential to get through 3 books in the same time I could get through one. That was a good enough reason for me to learn PhotoReading.

Discovering that PhotoReading was something else something different and a whole lot more. 40 books, 90 books in a day. My books activated so far this year is over 125 with the better comprehension than I had with traditional reading. They are books that interest me.

To do what you ask takes me away from what is important to me. A balanced life. And my time is better spent on leveraging those already on the path. We don't all need to be on the same path. I'm here to coach those who want help with the system.

The biggest cause for fights is the misguided belief that "they" must think the same way "I" do or one of us is wrong and broken and goodness forbid it be me. So I better make them change their mind.

If you need proof. Let go. Then become the person who proves it.

AlexK
Posted By: truth Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 07/07/09 03:38 PM
OK- I apologise, Alex. Clearly it's not for you to do. Personally, I wish that I could do it, as you so pointed out. But just the same, I send the same challenge out. If it's an idea who's time has come... someone will ride it. If not..oh well.
Posted By: truth Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 07/07/09 04:55 PM
Alex
Have you ever heard of the Hundredth Monkey Effect? It's not about monkeys convincing each other. Rather it's about a new behavior within a species generating enough "morphic resonance' that creatures(- even for those who did not witness the demo) across the globe enact the same heretofore miraculous behavior. "Convincing" doesn't begin to explain this process. An example of this would be the discovery of calculus by two uncollaborating philosphers at the same time.

Also, I didn't know that this was a "fight". I want to exchange ideas and there may be a differences in opinion among us. I really enjoy this... and sometimes I get zinged and rightfully so. Sometimes expressing things on the net doesn't accurately convey the emotional content and so misunderstandings occur.Is it possible to consider both the theses and antitheses of the world? . But fights I'd rather avoid.
Alex
Have you ever heard of the Hundredth Monkey Effect? It's not about monkeys convincing each other. Rather it's about a new behavior within a species generating enough "morphic resonance' that creatures(- even for those who did not witness the demo) across the globe enact the same heretofore miraculous behavior. "Convincing" doesn't begin to explain this process. An example of this would be the discovery of calculus by two uncollaborating philosphers at the same time.

Exactly, that's why I devote my time to those you are willing to take the course and give it a go. The more of us that do that the sooner we hit the breakthrough point.

It's very stressful and time consuming working with people who are closed and need proof. I've had them in my class. The other class members wanted to throw them out because they were so disruptive that they couldn't learn. Behaving like a child having a tantrum. Taking up my time giving them as convincing proof that they won't hurt themselves if they try. When there are people around me ready to learn. Ready to climb up just patiently waiting for me to give them a leg up. Being robbed of the opportunity. The others didn't blame me but I quickly learned that my attention distracted is a disservice to those who want to learn. That's why I don't mind if people are unconvinced. When they are ready they will show up. The teacher is already here.

I've had plenty of kids who cannot afford to pay me softly ask me to help them. I do what I can. I spend some time doing that. To me it's much more productive using my time to help them than spend time fighting those who are not ready to learn. \:D

Quote:
Also, I didn't know that this was a "fight". I want to exchange ideas and there may be a differences in opinion among us. I really enjoy this... and sometimes I get zinged and rightfully so. Sometimes expressing things on the net doesn't accurately convey the emotional content and so misunderstandings occur.Is it possible to consider both the theses and antitheses of the world? . But fights I'd rather avoid.

That naturally depends on your position. If you are on the sideline a spectator, A mediator or one of the ones who has to duck \:D

AlexK
Posted By: truth Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 07/09/09 02:01 AM
You've got a great counterpunch Alex-- nailed me on the chin twice there. http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/images/icons/default/thumbs_up.gif
Posted By: Linut Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 07/11/09 06:21 PM
Maybe someone can make a conclusion of this conversation ?
It's really interesting but it takes much time to read it.
Posted By: Linut Re: ALERT: Is Photo Reading Really For Me? - 07/11/09 06:29 PM
For example,I tried PR for a few weeks and I gave up this because I wasted much time but I din't get the information.

One good thing from this PR system that helps me is skimming because after that I read and understand faster.

And I would like to ask too why there the people who understood the system doesn't create blog's or just doesn't share information in forums if they learnt such a wonderful thing?

In my country there is a company which teatches speed reading but they are cheaters(I read it in many forums),so it make really hard to believe that PR is true.
No, it doesn't work, although we have yet to clarify what 'work' actually means in terms of Photoreading. The benefits you get from it are the same ones you'd get from a speed-reading course. You learn to concentrate better and skim-read better, just as you pointed out. The rest is a sham - a repackaged version of speed-reading in a flashy box with lots of wild, empty promises, and a price tag to match. This is borne out by Alex's consistent evasiveness on the subject, contradictions, lack of willingness to define the benefits of Photoreading and what she is personally getting from the books she 'gets through', whatever that means, and ultimately, fear of being tested. It's what isn't being said here that speaks the loudest!

Alex, unfortunately I don't have the time to answer your previous post responding to my comments in this discussion, but I believe that comment is required at some point. I am sorry to hear about your accident at home, and I am glad you got out unscathed. I believe you're truly out to help people here, but this Photoreading stuff leaves a lot to be desired. I am very impressed with a lot of LSC's products and believe them to be the very best in self-help, so it is a shame that Photoreading isn't up to scratch, but, as inconvenient as this may be, the game's up!
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement