Posted By: Joost Van Geert perfect recall - 08/14/09 08:22 PM
Hi

I wanted to know wether there are people here who are capable of having perfect recall of a book. And I would like to know how they did that.

thx for awnsering my question!

btw: are there any belgium people on this forum?
Posted By: whiteeagle Re: perfect recall - 10/04/09 12:31 PM
did anyone?
Posted By: ZMasterNCreator Re: perfect recall - 10/04/09 10:12 PM
no, no one did. I recommend that you watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usbNJMUZSwo

People can be fooled once or maybe a few more times if you're dumb but people won't be fooled forever. One day learning strategies corp and the other corps who pad each other backs color's will shine super bright so that even the most convinced and confused person can say i was fooled. As much as it may hurt for the people who fall for this, don't lose hope you can go back the way things were and appreciate a normal way of living. I appreciate the slow but sure way of getting my stuff done and i get good progress. I enjoy the slow but sure way because it makes me feel way better than using the secret or all this other junk ever did.

Don't follow false profits or ideals, those are some words of wisdom so quit wasting your time about something that you are better off not understanding, because wasting your time on these kinds of systems will do no good at all and i don't want you to go through what i've been through.

You can go ahead and try for yourself and see if it works if you want but you'll come closer and closer to realizing that I was right. Anyone who says that this stuff has worked for them is completely bsing you because really what they are trying to do is "faking it till they make it". They may go from day to day telling people that pr works and they can even teach the system but deep down the system hasn't worked for them, but they really want it to work so, they turn to the secret, putting "faith" into that so they can eventually get what they want. THAT'S WHAT I DID AND I KNOW THAT'S WHAT OTHER PEOPLE DO.

You can see how this stuff can cause a lot of problems. This stuff is a psychological trip and i completely understand this trip because i've been in it for over 3 years and seen it all.

You can say i'm full of shhit but think of this..... The secret says that positive thoughts dominate negative thoughts and i still get people on this forum blaming me because i'm negative and bringing them down. Look up my posts, you'll see when i was a dummy falling for this crap and you'll see my posts when i finally catch on to this scam. I've repeatedly asked questions and all i got was bs.

I tell anyone to really think about what they are doing. I highly recommend that everyone watches this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usbNJMUZSwo
Posted By: Inchiki Gaijin Re: perfect recall - 10/05/09 07:18 AM
Joost, do you mean has anyone attained perfect recall of a book using Photoreading?

If you're willing to put in the time and effort, you can memorise a complete book. On one memory course I heard that someone of average intelligence learned the entire phonr book for his area, but it took him 4 years. Dominic O'Brien used mnemonics to remember the entire set of questions and answers of a Trivial Pursuit set, but again, he had to apply techniques to do it, and it took time and some effort. Note that this has nothing whatsoever to do with Photoreading, though.

Photoreading is giving people false information. It doesn't do anything Speed Reading won't teach you. I take exception to the whole Photoreading - dare I say - a scam, which is what I now consider it to be, and also with those who are promoting it. You'll notice that none of them can do anything amazing with it, or, let's face it, they would be, and boy would they be showing off with it!
Posted By: Yukala Re: perfect recall - 10/07/09 04:43 AM
Everything is possible, but not always desirable.

I can do it when I am really bent upon the task, however I have found that completely 'forgetting' much more valuable.

As I can 'know' anything needed or required by the practice of mysticism. This not special however and actually rather common among those 'who know'.

Photoreading can accelerate or amplify skills you possessed prior. However if you are an unskilled dullard, just starting out knowing without seeing then it may take you a lifetime or two to 'get it'.

Beware, beware!!

There is poison about!!!
Posted By: JoseTheWrangler Re: perfect recall - 11/12/09 06:17 PM
Photoreading does not work. Period. Read the Wikipedia article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_reading#Evaluation_of_PhotoReading_claims, download and read McNamara's study. What it does is 1) give you a surface-level overview 2) a great deal of confidence that you really understand. Unfortunately, the confidence is misplaced: on actual testing, people perform very badly. McNamara's eval is not perfect, could be improved lots of ways (more subjects, etc.) but the results are pretty clear.
Posted By: Yukala Re: perfect recall - 11/12/09 06:44 PM
The problem of course with saying something does not work is that the other fellow across the street, is to busy 'doing it already for years' cause he did not properly get the 'word' it cannot work.

No matter the endeavor, or method, methodology, triple blind experiment add nauseam so far as concerns 'humans' the same exact perscentage of 'failures' to 'almost got it' to 'those who shine' remains the constant.

All you have declared here is that 'you' JoseTheWrangler cannot do it.

But, that is simply your loss, that is all.

Kind Regards,
Posted By: JoseTheWrangler Re: perfect recall - 11/12/09 06:53 PM
Well, no. The guy across the street who has "been doing it" for years actually has not; he honestly believes he has, but in fact, when you check on what he's actually succeeded at rather than what he thinks or feels that he's been succeeding at, he has not been reading at enormous speeds with high comprehension. It's not a good idea to dismiss careful evaluations just because they gore your ox.
Posted By: Yukala Re: perfect recall - 11/12/09 08:01 PM
I did not see any 'careful evaluation' in that link you provided, what of someone else's polished prejudices?

I really do not care what you 'believe' about what is possible or what is not, excepting that I do know certain true that is what 'binds' the soul.

I will give you broad hint, an idea... for truly that is all there is, ideas.

You do not process myopically as in 'normal or even speed reading' as per the speed of 'sub-vocalization' which is generally but the binding 'echo'.

You process as a whole, pictures. A picture can be worth more than just a thousand words, and true language is based upon pictography, characters that portray an 'idea'. Ideas contained in pictures often take a thousand of our more fractured language to accurately portray.

And what does 'gore my ox' as you say, is Danielle S. McNamara's clever foolishness of asserting this or that is but 'false confidence'. There is for those so inclined to a an ignoble existence, but the seedling is always full of this 'new confidence' and whether it makes it to a tall stately tree does have something to do with circumstance, especially if someone thinking clever, steps upon it.

Step away, it is your unfolding. Argue also for limitations and presto they are yours and often those who drink with you.
Posted By: JoseTheWrangler Re: perfect recall - 11/13/09 07:58 PM
What I believe isn't relevant. The issue here isn't belief; it's facts. McNamara doesn't assert anything. She tells you what she did to test the claims, and notes, correctly, that her data shows that the claims are not borne out by facts. When someone is confident that they understand something, but fail the ordinary tests of understanding, like being able to answer simple questions, that's false confidence. If you really want to see people grow and blossom, it's important to have respect for facts and the world as it is, as well as each person's potential. Recognizing that the earth is round, or that PhotoReading doesn't work, is not arguing for limitations. When something doesn't work, and you find that out, it frees you to find something else. Seedlings can't grow into trees unless they get what they really need. An acorn planted in dry sand will not grow into a gorgeous oak, no matter how much confidence it has that sand is water.
Posted By: Yukala Re: perfect recall - 11/14/09 01:01 AM
Making this statement it is very clear you know little of science or strict requirement of experiments in order to pass muster. Her's failed in all respects, it was just simple crap financed by the state, the garbage dump is full of it.

And again, at this time of human evolution there is a host of things that only work for a few but not well with the many.

Go figure, cause this works for a few, as do many other things. However, the human side the equation is most telling and that is all psychology of 'belief' and goodly action.

You want outside validation?
Others have come here and gone beating their heads against their own walls, crying and screaming out for 'outside validation'.

Not everyone can run a 6 minute mile, only the few. The list of things like this is legion.

But no matter, I carry on doing what I know to do today anyway and more tomorrow; as do all others of a disciplined self determining mind.
Posted By: jakalyn Re: perfect recall - 11/14/09 06:44 AM
Excuse me for butting in, but I'm quite sure that anyone who is capable of total recall would not be spending their time arguing over the fact on a forum such as this!
I'm just passing through here for a quick look.I personally have used Learning Strategies products for years with wonderful results, although not photo reading as I have no need to photo or speed read anything.
The human mind is profoundly amazing. I have seen people on TV with photographic memories and I'm sure that most people could train themselves to achieve such a thing should they possess a burning desire to do so. And like any other skill, there are tools available to assist you in your endeavour.
Posted By: Yukala Re: perfect recall - 11/14/09 04:52 PM
 Originally Posted By: jakalyn
Excuse me for butting in, but I'm quite sure that anyone who is capable of total recall would not be spending their time arguing over the fact on a forum such as this

My motivation for arguing is complex, however...

Those who with near perfect recall also have near perfect 'forgettery' to quote the best of the very best over time made a career thinking out, while demonstrating in front of crowds 5 then 7 things at once. He wrote upside down with both hands, feet, mouth as those in the audience fired off things for him to remember and dictate.

He became a bonafide laboratory animal as behavior scientists dumb founded, had to change their thinking not his. He needed the money.

But he stated over and over again the conscious mind no matter what, cannot remember more than so much for so long and after every single performance he FORGOT everything.

I am personally acquainted with this counsel in dealing with those with very remarkable skill. So Photoreading or picture reading must also be able to draw upon the intuition, time and again after the fact even years later in order 'to know'. And other methods of mental discipline are also required depending upon the person. And what mostly blocks the adroit use of ones on knowing intuition? Lack of confidence sub-vocalized as negative mantras or statements of belief thinking 'facts'!!

There is of course nothing new about this at all, it was generally referred to as 'inspiration', 'subtle confidence' or even channeling.

So those who go around, where there are new learners and righteously pontificate this or that is 'impossible' is what I will confront on and on... here and there as I am pleased to.

Just because.

And here is a quote from one of my ten thousand poems...

"Only by obsession can you grow
Oh limits that have found you
Bound, fettered and gagged, idiot complete
Dare you not speak beyond fate?"

Kind Regards,
Posted By: jakalyn Re: perfect recall - 11/15/09 12:52 AM
Quite so , whether you believe you can or believe you can't you are absolutely right as someone famous once said( or words to that effect.)

There are sadly folks out there who believe they can purchase magic bullets..

Just by reading or knowing about a subject does not make a person an expert! I know it is possible to climb Everest,and I BELIEVE that I could do it, but in my present condition would be foolish to try and would very likely meet with failure.

However should I decide that I need to actually do it, I would prepare myself physically, and more important MENTALLY, and learn skills that I don't presently possess. I would load my mind with skills and imformation that support the belief that I WILL DO THIS. And then fully prepared, would "turn off" my conscious mind and allow auto pilot to take over and enjoy the trip,with the knowledge that I now possess the skills to get me to the top.

From the very first moments of "self awareness" as a small child I had a deeper 'knowing' that I am so much more than this body. I have dedicated much of my life to investigating myself.

Mastery of the mind is all, and it is true that self doubt is the greatest and most powerful self sabotage that there is. Self belief and an open and enquiring mind are a human beings' greatest ally's.

The very fact that I exist at all is the hardest thing to understand...If I can accept that I do in fact exist then it is no great leap of faith to believe that anything at all is possible. So if it is something that is important to you, total re-call achievable and do-able, not only for the so-called savants, but also for anyone who can be bothered to learn how.

Throughout history there have been visionaries and prophets with perceptions and abilities that the masses didn't understand, or couldn't replicate...eventually scientific knowledge validates these so called super-human attributes and when accepted as do-able become commonplace.
So for the nay sayers out there...suspend your disbelief and question yourself rather than whether it is possible. MY belief that IT IS possible, but whether it is a skill that you personally can master, or how long it takes, you only you can say.
Posted By: Yukala Re: perfect recall - 11/15/09 02:02 AM
Nice to meet you 'jakalyn'.

Thanks for the post, a nice read!
Posted By: JoseTheWrangler Re: perfect recall - 11/22/09 01:10 AM
Yukala, did you ever notice that people who don't like it when fact conflict with a cherished belief attack the messenger? That's what your passive-aggressive, snide insults are. As it turns out, I am a scientist, and know quite a bit about the scientific method. I also know its limitations, and I spend most of my professional life balancing intuition with hard-nosed analysis, which is what real science is. McNamara's study was not "funded by the state" -- you're just insulting her. It was a good study, with clearcut results. It needs to be followed up with more subjects, as I said. Calling something "garbage" is an easy out. Are you afraid to have your beliefs challenged? The self-righteous pontificator here is you, I'm afraid. Calling a spade a space isn't pontification or righteousness. Being insulting to someone who says things you don't like is. You're the one calling people names and labeling things that challenge you as "garbage," while presenting yourself as an spiritual soul devoted to good works. I know some spiritual souls. They don't behave like that. But angry and fearful people with a need to prove themselves do.
Posted By: Yukala Re: perfect recall - 11/22/09 05:38 AM
Dido,

I got an office full of double blind and triple blind white papers and a hundred books covering the subject.

And neither you or McNamara are a 'messenger'.

And my observation is it works for me and hundreds and maybe thousands of others, as well techniques like it have for centuries worked for some who dared.

That is the point you are not getting.

I just read 3400 hundred pages in four computer tech books in less than hour in the last day. That is 25,000 words per minute to you. I did not consider what you or anyone thought about it being possible or not. I know it works and done something similiar from about 8th grade some 35 plus years ago. However then I was not so scientific about it, just odd.

And I suppose if I was not pressed to know and use the information this week and next week etc, I would not be doing it. However, in building a Data Farm from scratch I have blown through 4 consultants, why because they are too slow in processing information.

I find that within my third meeting I know more than they do, ONLY BY PHOTOREADING and then meditating.

So you go figure. And I do not mean knowing it as a theory but with ones hands.

You can process information as a picture once you by-pass sub-vocalization and I have found so far usually only those trained in common mysticism do it.

The thing is I can create a study to get almost any conclusion I am willing to make the effort to get. Belief or the willingness to gain an objective tips the scale time and again.

I have a saying for myself concerning the trap of 'blinding believing' especially 'against something being possible'.

"Keep what you believe pliable, because if someone can think it out then someone is probably doing it"

You have come here, unbidden and boldly 'pontificated' that the sky in not blue cause someone 'official sounding' told you so.

And I still say, that is your problem, not ours.

Posted By: jakalyn Re: perfect recall - 11/23/09 10:28 AM
Hi everyone...at the weekend I saw a man by the name of Don Tolman demonstrate what can only be described as photoreading... he studied a handwritten list for about 30 seconds and was able to accurately recall the list when examined by the audience.. Other demo's I have seen like this required making use of mental pictures to prompt word associations, but Don was able to mention little things about the page itself, eg a little scribble next to a word where the pen had stalled. He took a mental 'photo'.
Quite amazing. He was not demonstrating anyones method, but he proved to me that its possible. I was in the same room and saw it 'live'.
John Demartini explains that most people read at 'speaking' pace,but that its possible to learn to read much faster by training the mind in a different way, by following a pointer across the page. Apparently its possible to retain the information perfectly well at a speed as fast as you can follow a line of print with your fingertip.

I've never bothered to learn, but I still maintain that learning any skill requires repetitive practice and a belief that it is possible.I could read perfectly well at age 6,and I wish someone had taught me speed or photo reading then...I'm certain now that there is a more efficient way to read, but the method was never put before me in my most receptive learning years. Now that would be an interesting experiment...once your child has mastered normal reading try introducing the next level...amp it up a bit...before anyone tells them that its unusual or not possible...
If you believe that something is not possible because there is no empirical evidence then that is your right, but you are not necessarily correct! Theres no need to list the men and women who persevered against main stream opinion and ridicule to make great scientific breakthroughs and change the world we live in and the way that we do things, and there will be plenty more...

The universe is profoundly amazing and there are miracles all around us. Most people deny themselves their full potential and continually need others to tell them what is possible and what's not. Don't wait for others to validate you or your beliefs and experiences, don't live other peoples values, and remarkable things begin to happen. I knew beyond any shadow of a doubt that my concsiousness extended and existed beyond my physical body as a very small child, and for anyone to tell me otherwise was and is ludicrous to me, but unless you have experienced it then its probably a bit of a stretch for the imagination, like trying to imagine how something tastes without having eaten it...
If you give something a fair trial and put in reasonable effort and don't get a result then maybe its not for you! Doesn't mean that it didn't work for someone else. You can spend 4 years at university but it doesn't guarantee a degree or professional qualification..some will make it others won't. But if I fail its not valid to say that the course is a scam or that it doesn't work.
Posted By: Raviraj Re: perfect recall - 12/18/09 07:46 AM
Hi friend.
Answer to your question is YES. I have experience of such PERFECT RECALL.

I was in 10th standard (India)at that time. I used different system than photoreading which was mentioned in the meditation books from India. That different type of meditaion is similar to our prepare step but takes bit more time.
yet, after photoreading( same step is available in that system also, which is termed as "third eye" in that book as that book was related to kundalini and meditation ) the text book for 3 times "I could actually read the book without having it in front of me"
And I have scored 74 marks out of 75 in the exam.
thats how it goes.
If you are interested plz read literature of "SWAMI VIVEKANANDA"
he could grasp informaton in the books by just looking aat the page(and it is termed as photoreading.)

Whatever others say about it.
I say it.
THIS SYSTEM WORKS.
I have done it before.
Posted By: Yukala Re: perfect recall - 12/20/09 10:33 PM
Hi Raviraj,

Swami Vivekananda works now from over a whole century past were based upon studies and disciplines that had matured over a time of two millennium of use and mastery; all in your great country.

And from that time period when the information flowed to the English world by both love and sword the whole world is forever indebted!

Kind Regards,

Yukala
Posted By: Raviraj Re: perfect recall - 12/21/09 01:53 PM
hi Yukala,
thanks.

Anyways I wanted to just discuss my experience of "perfect recall".

I wonder if any other person has experience like me (i mean 100% perfect recall) Or is there anyone who can read book without having it in front of eyes(I mean with closed eyes)????

I have experienced this many times but still I couldnot formulate it. \:\(
what should i do to formulate it???
Posted By: Yukala Re: perfect recall - 12/22/09 03:14 AM
Practice and demand would be the short of it.

You have got this far, now just be willing and allowing by practice placing yourself to 'use the information'.

This is often where formal learning fails miserably.

No immediate demand to use the information or ideas presented. Find a way to remedy that and you will propel your mastery.

As far as reading a book without opening or reading books while sleeping (I do this and write down notes afterwards) except they always seem to be books not in my possession, would I imagine quickly get you and I into a 'religious or philosophical discussion'.

Not that I mind, but most consider 'knowing a well constructed thought-form' just by a touch to be well, 'woey, woey' as it were.

And I can not blame them as this is entirely subjective even when the proof of use is put plainly on the table.

Anything 'subjective' can admit to many a 'label'.

But I know 'all things are possible' to those who know to dare and do and the rest of the old injunction continued with this warning; 'keep silent'.

<smiles>
Posted By: Raviraj Re: perfect recall - 12/22/09 03:29 AM
hi Yukala,
perhaps u r right. In this case practice is necessary.
Thank you
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement