Posted By: Antz No blip page reading journal articles - 02/05/10 04:19 AM
I am required to read hundreds of journal articles in preparation for my assignments at postgraduate level.

Journal articles we use are typically printed on one side only in the same page size as appears in the Photo Reading folder, and then stapled together.

As there is no spine in these documents, you cannot see a blip page.

How do you photo read these articles?

Thanks in anticipation.
Posted By: Yukala Re: No blip page reading journal articles - 02/05/10 06:04 AM
Just turn the pages.

The blip is not necessary.

Intention, desire and good sub-vocalization all are.

Repeating phrases like unto, "I am the one mastering these journal articles here now for my purposes". Over and over as you intentionally turn the pages.

Kind Regards,
Posted By: CPW1 Re: No blip page reading journal articles - 02/06/10 03:22 AM
Great job Yukala
Posted By: StephanieC Re: No blip page reading journal articles - 02/06/10 04:42 AM
I also have to read several journal articles for school. Usually there are two columns per page, so I focus in the middle of the page between the columns. If there are more than two columns, I just focus on the middle of the page and draw the imaginary 'x' from the corners.
Posted By: Antz Re: No blip page reading journal articles - 02/06/10 11:02 AM
Thank you all for your insight
Posted By: ajay1234 Re: No blip page reading journal articles - 02/10/10 04:24 PM
What is the blip page exactly? I cannot get the idea.
Posted By: CPW1 Re: No blip page reading journal articles - 02/10/10 10:56 PM
A blip page is when you get your focus to the point of seeing a Phantom page.
http://www.photoreading.com.au/seeing.html

The page from my website that demonstrates methods of seeing the page.

Alex
Thanx Alex! You're explanation on your website actually clarified so much for me. I keep asking myself if I'm doing it right and kept second guessing myself for so long. The last explanation at the bottom of your webpage helped me the most.
Hi Alex, thank you for the blip page explanation. Although I can now see the blip page with ease and his effortless, it it lovely viewing it as I see it. Brilliant!

I've also passed on your webiste linke to several people who attended the photoreading weekend with me...they'll find it useful too.

Can you give me some pointers on postview and activate? I think I might have done both today, which says to me I've 'let myself go'
Best way to succeed with activation is know your purpose. Why are you working with this book? What do you hope to use from the book and how do you see yourself using it?

During postview build your curiosity. What do you think you can learn from the author? How does that compare with what you already know?

If it is a I must read this but don't want to. Check your purpose? Is it important to your work or studies? Make it so that you do have curiosity. One place to start is what's new to me in this as an activation or Postviewing question to build your curiosity.

With a purpose it's much easier to build your curiosity and be playful. If you don't have a purpose, you won't want to expend energy on it so your time spent will be a struggle between your, I don't wanna energy and emotion and I got to do this whether I wanna or not.

Why? Because? Because why? Because I said so. (remember that?)

Because I said so never really motivated us. If we followed through it was without joy. Grudgingly and we only did what's necessary and never learned the benefit of doing why 'they' wanted to do it. If we had a purpose, the reason why then we could test it.

That's what you do when you have a purpose for reading. Testing your purpose. And if you know your purpose you know whether the book meets that purpose sooner rather than later.

I finished a book in 15 minutes today because it failed to meet up my purpose.

AlexK
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement