Posted By: mpalmer99 Direct Learning "Activation" - 03/02/17 08:34 PM
I have not tried direct learning. I have read the description in the NB manual and I have some questions:

1. Essentially we don't consciously activate after photoreading? The activation is part of the "mental stimulation" that's described in the NB manual?
2. How often do we repeat the mental stimulation?
3. How long do we wait between photoreading and mental activation?
4. Is it necessary/helpful to photoread the books again?
5. Theoretically I could try direct learning with a huge stack of books (by huge I mean like 30+ books)?
Posted By: mpalmer99 Re: Direct Learning "Activation" - 03/03/17 02:44 AM
How fast should we flip pages with ebooks? It's easy to flip very quickly with electronic media.
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Direct Learning "Activation" - 03/03/17 09:02 AM
Direct learning, all the books once, no activation. You could leave the books in the library you're never going to activate them for direct learning.

Direct learning is not learning for comprehension it's learning for doing there is a difference. If you need demonstrate knowledge of the information for exams. Activate. Use the 5 steps of the PhotoReading system not direct learning.

4. Up to you.
5 theoretically yes, redundant too. 5 books and a contrast book is enough for one Direct Learning session.

Electronic devices, make sure the page is displayed, The software like adobe acrobat skips pages when you go too fast or hold the space key thus only displaying every 20th or 30th page instead of all them. Since the software can respond faster than the hardware. So I recommend tapping and use the chant to set the pace.

Alex
Posted By: mpalmer99 Re: Direct Learning "Activation" - 03/04/17 06:17 AM
The Personal Power eBook has PhotoReading instructions that say to PhotoRead @ 4 clicks per second.
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Direct Learning "Activation" - 03/06/17 08:01 AM
Tap the down arrow on the computer about 4 times a second.

When a book is in pdf format you can set acrobat reader to advance every one second. It's in the browsers preferences.

Alex
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement