Posted By: Sapiens Questions - 01/24/19 10:46 AM
Hi, I read the Photoreading book and I have some questions.
1) Between one activation and another of the same material, on the same day, do I have to repeat the 5 steps of the system (including photoreading and incubation)?
2) When I already know where to dip (as I know the train of the thoughts of the author) do I have to start to superread some pages before?
3) How do the hunches occur?
I superread, driven by my purpose and by the question, but I do not warm them. Why?
4) What do awareness, familiarity and knowledge correspond to and how do we get to experience them?
Does knowledge give you the feeling that the information was already yours (having learned it with the unconscious
memory)?
5) How to activate textbooks?
Posted By: Sapiens Re: Questions - 01/24/19 10:52 AM
And between one activation and another of the same material, on different days?
Posted By: Sapiens Re: Questions - 01/29/19 12:39 PM
Advices? Particularly how to warn the hunches during superread and dip.
Posted By: Patrick O'Neil Re: Questions - 01/29/19 08:41 PM
Hello!
1) I'm not sure I understand your question. If you are using all 5 steps on a book, there should be no need to repeat all 5 steps. Generally Rapid Reading would be used once. You can PhotoRead, Super Read & Dip, and Skitter the book several times. Be sure to check out the "Take the five-day test" exercise on page 71.
2) No
3) Hunches can be a feeling, picture, or internal voice. You will need to discover how your intuition "hunches" communicate to you.
4) The four stages of learning! Awareness, familiarity, Knowledge, and Mastery. This is the path we move through as we discover something brand new, or acquire new information which expands our existing knowledge base.
In the Knowledge stage, you’ve developed a good grasp of that topic or information. You can demonstrate a good foundation and understanding. On a typical book that’s around 300-400 pages, you’ll achieve the knowledge stage within 3-4 Activation passes in step 5.
Any previous information or knowledge you acquired in the past that gets “keyed up” at a conscious level during your 30-minute Activation passes, you’ll recognize as being already yours in your knowledge base.
As you PhotoRead and fully activate more and more books, you’ll increase the likelihood of “spontaneous activation” where something see or hear or think about, will trigger information up at a conscious level, directly from information you absorbed at a page per second.
You’re welcome to do a google search and explore dozens of articles explaining the Four Stages of Learning.
5) Check out our past posts for information on studying textbooks. Here is one that may be helpful:
https://forums.learningstrategies.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=8&page=4
Patrick
Posted By: Sapiens Re: Questions - 01/30/19 06:10 PM
Ok. Thanks!
Posted By: Sapiens Re: Questions - 02/07/19 01:17 PM
Is it OK to do the 5 steps of the system, including a 20 - minute activation pass, then pause for 5 minutes and then a new 20 - minute activation pass (without redoing photoreading)?
When do I have to redoing photoreading before activation pass? In the next day?
Thanks!
Posted By: Patrick O'Neil Re: Questions - 02/07/19 03:10 PM
Yes, you can do a second activation on the same day without PhotoReading the book a second time. If activating on a subsequent day, PhotoReading the book again is optional. I do it because it is so quick and easy.
Patrick
Posted By: Sapiens Re: Questions - 02/11/19 04:40 PM
How long does it take to warn the hunches? Do I need to practice or make a mistake?
Posted By: Patrick O'Neil Re: Questions - 02/12/19 08:08 PM
What do you mean by "warn the hunches"?
Posted By: Sapiens Re: Questions - 02/13/19 01:26 PM
I mean to understand how my intuition communicate to me.
Posted By: Patrick O'Neil Re: Questions - 02/13/19 11:10 PM
That is an individual journey, different for everyone. We are continually improving our ability to know our intuition. When you are wrong following your hunch while going through the book, just notice what internal pattern led you down the wrong path to learn for the future. Put no judgements or negative on it. Just keep flowing forward! smile
Posted By: Sapiens Re: Questions - 02/17/19 12:42 PM
Some questions about the hunches.
Some example about the feeling?
What is a picture? An internal image?
Thanks!
Posted By: Patrick O'Neil Re: Questions - 02/18/19 05:28 PM
Some people label a feeling "gut feeling". Feeling could be excitement or a "good feeling about". Visual can be any image that comes to mind. It could be something related to an item in the book, something on a page such as a diagram to go back to, or a page number that flashes in your mind. Listen to your internal voice too.
Patrick
Posted By: Sapiens Re: Questions - 02/20/19 11:40 AM
How do I remember if I have to find only the answers to my questions? Is not the repetition here?
Thanks!
Posted By: Patrick O'Neil Re: Questions - 02/21/19 08:25 PM
Sorry, I don't understand the questions. Try again.
Patrick
Posted By: Sapiens Re: Questions - 02/22/19 10:56 AM
During the activation I build my understanding by searching for answers to my questions. To remember these answers how do I do it? Do I have to repeat to memorize? Or is the mind map enough?
Posted By: Patrick O'Neil Re: Questions - 02/27/19 06:32 PM
The PhotoReading Whole Mind System is flexible. Tailor it to how it works best for you. Generally speaking, wait until you get to the Mind Mapping step to start noting the information you learned.
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement