Posted By: Michael Saikali Accelerated Learning State - 09/11/00 02:47 AM
Accelerated learning state ... when do you know that you've reached the state aside from having to hookup a EEG to oneself?

We all know about the 3 to 1 countdown to relax the body, mind and focus. But how do you know whether the body and mind are ready?

I think when one can 'sense' that the body and mind are 'calm' then one has attained the accelerated learning state.

How long does it take? I've heard it can take as little as 15 seconds ... all depends I guess on how well you can concentrate.

I'd be interested to hear from others about their views.

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: Accelerated Learning State - 09/11/00 03:22 AM
I agree that it's hard to gauge (for me, anyway). Lately, I've been trying to take advantage of Paraliminal sessions. As I get deeply into a Paraliminal tape, I try to set the same anchor each time (NLP term). I don't seem to get as deep when I fire the anchor but I can tell a difference. Additional sessions should strengthen and deepen the anchor.

If you aren't sure about anchoring, it's a method for "bookmarking" a particular state. When you are in that state, find an action (or internal image, or internal sound, whatever works for you) and perform it when the state is at its most intense. For instance, when you are feeling particularly successful at achieving the accelerated learning state, you might pull lightly on your lower lip. If done correctly, pulling on your lower lip in the same way in the future should help you reclaim that state.

Posted By: Michael Saikali Re: Accelerated Learning State - 09/11/00 03:25 AM
Mgrego2,

Thanks for the reply! I've always had a hard time picturing a 'flower' when reaching one ... it always reminds me to go out and buy flowers for my wife!!!!

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

Posted By: Aizan Re: Accelerated Learning State - 09/11/00 05:41 AM
Hey Mikael,
When I first started photoreading, I breathed deeply twice a day ten times, using the pattern 1:4:2. I inhale for let's say 3secs, hold for 12, and exhale for 2. I did that for two weeks. Now all I do is take 4 deep breaths, and it's like my head gets lighter, and it seems to turn on like a computer, you know when the lights turn on and the HD starts. Well it becomes automatic now, all I have to do is is take 4deeep breaths and I'm Alphaman.
Just thought I'd let you know. Success to all.
Sincerely... Aizan

Posted By: Aizan Re: Accelerated Learning State - 09/11/00 05:42 AM
Hey Mikael,
When I first started photoreading, I breathed deeply twice a day ten times, using the pattern 1:4:2. I inhale for let's say 3secs, hold for 12, and exhale for 2. I did that for two weeks. Now all I do is take 4 deep breaths, and it's like my head gets lighter, and it seems to turn on like a computer, you know when the lights turn on and the HD starts. Well it becomes automatic now, all I have to do is is take 4deeep breaths and I'm Alphaman.
Just thought I'd let you know. Success to all.
Sincerely... Aizan

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Accelerated Learning State - 09/11/00 12:34 PM
PhotoReaders often spend too much time getting into state.

Spend just seconds, then tilt your head down a little and begin PhotoReading. If you are not in the state by the time you begin PhotoReading, you will be within six to ten pages.

The body seems to be hard-wired to get into state with the tilt of the head and the flip of the pages.

Master Lin of Spring Forest Qigong explains it that the tilt of the head straightens the spinal cord going into the brain allowing a more efficient flow of information.

Posted By: weight39doug Re: Accelerated Learning State - 09/12/00 02:55 AM
Michael I think the more that you practice the easier it gets. You talked about your wife having to yell at you about breakfast in another post (I would say that is a definite sign your are in the accelerated learning state).

I agree with Pete. If I am not exactly in state before I start reading then I quickly get into it a few pages in. My accelerated learning state is accompanied by feelings of peace and even breathing. Personally, I find photoreading to be an almost meditative practice. It couses me to feel great and recharged. I honestly feel energized after a photoreading session.

(That wasn't my experience when I first started photoreading. I found it hard work and I would get a headache if I over did it. But with practice a person quickly becomes proficient.)

Posted By: balmon Re: Accelerated Learning State - 09/12/00 11:35 AM
What is brainwave frequency that should be achieved in the Accelerated Learning State. (eg. alpha or theta, ??? Hz).

and for Michael Saikali, do you find that Holosync helps you achieve this?

How about anyone elses experience with binaural beat technology (mind machines, holosync, etc) or similar things like this.

Ken

Posted By: weight39doug Re: Accelerated Learning State - 09/13/00 06:03 AM
My personal opinion is that a theta wave state would be too deep. I might be wrong but I am just going from my experiences.

I have heard of people that listen an alpha tape while they photoread. In fact, there is a lady named margaret on the holosync discussion board that does this. You might want to post there and ask her what her experiences are with using an alpha tape while photoreading.

Posted By: Michael Saikali Re: Accelerated Learning State - 09/13/00 01:32 PM
Balmon,

Holosync uses different frequencies in both left right ears to 'entrain' the brain, put simply.

Does it work ... I believe it does, I have experienced change in my life, for the good!

Holosync is not designed to be used consciously, hence the reason for closing your eyes. Holosync may bring you too deep, but even if it did, it was not designed to be used with eyes open and brain fully engaged. My opinion, I not an expert yet, but Marc or Bill at Centerpointe are very knowledgeable about their product.

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

Posted By: tracey Re: Accelerated Learning State - 07/09/01 07:59 PM
I just wanted to push this post to the top of the list because it's an excellent post. I often wonder if I'm in the right state, and this has some great pieces of information. It's also something that is questioned frequently.

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement