Posted By: Mazrim Put it all together... - 12/12/00 12:27 AM
Ok theres a lot of experts on this board. I know theres probably a thousand diffrent answers to this question but that is my point...

To a newbie looking at this site with NO experience in any of this its all a little overwhelming. I came here to learn Photoreading, but im down for anything else thats going to help make me a better Web Developer. (I say this because if my goals wernt focused there would be a billion answers instead of thousands).

I am getting the photoreading home course, but apparantly theres a lot of other programs that help with photoreading. Can someone please advise step by step where to start what programs to buy ect. Im sure they are all great and helpful but its all to overwhelming at once. I need a game plan...

ie
1.) Get photreading system - start on it
2.) Get Quiong something or other system start it at same time as photoreading system.

wait a few weeks until you reach some certian point and then
3.) Get NB, study this but avoid the part on whatever it should be returned to later.
4.) Once you start to be able to Flipflop something or other in the photoreading system you should read the Einstien Factor.

Ok the above is just an example I have no clue what Im talking about, but as you can see im a little lost. If a few of you would take the time to give me a basic game plan of the MOST helpful things I need to do and buy to get me on the track of advancing RAPIDLY in my proffesion I would very much appreciate it.

Like the 5 day plan but more of a Super Game Plan for the overachiever. Yall dont have to sell me on anything you just have to tell me what to get. Theres 10,000 diffrent programs and books mentioned on this page, ill get to em in due time I need to know where to start to have the best possible results.

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: Put it all together... - 12/12/00 01:05 AM
If the goal is PhotoReading, that is where I would start. Then you are focusing specifically on what you want. The other Paraliminals and courses would augment the goal. You get the Memory Supercharger with the course. You also get a coupon for Personal Genius at a reduced price.

I would say get the PR course. Order Personal Genius once you have the PR course. Use Memory Supercharger and Personal Genius in conjunction with your PR efforts. This will give you a sense for how the Paraliminals work and for how they can help with your quest. As you make satisfactory progress with PR, you might branch out to other courses.

Posted By: Margaret Re: Put it all together... - 12/12/00 01:53 AM
I got a lot out of the Natural Brilliance course. It's a model that i am still using successfully.

If you have any kind of stuck states, i.e., states that you are oscillating on, this course really helps.

My experience has shown me that layering PhRing & NB is a lasting & solid benefit in my life.
Good Luck.......LS is a great company!

Posted By: Brian649 Re: Put it all together... - 12/12/00 04:14 AM
Natural Brilliance is the most revolutionary product I have ever encountered. It's what brought me to Learning Strategies. I was looking for a means to accelerate the path to enlightenment using NLP. I got way more than I bargained for! It seems that there are more similarities between Einstein and a Zen Master than I had realized.

If you are 'intense' and you 'want it all', I would start there as the beginning of your master plan. Definately, I would build the *ideal* foundation first.

And I would call this the ULTIMATE FOUNDATION. --better than reading any book. --better than any solitary paraliminal. --also, it is a super foundation for photoreading ability.

Paul Scheele points out in PhotoReading that every book is the product of the knowledge of many other books, which, in turn were the product of the knowledge of other books, and so on. I see Natural Brilliance as standing on the pinnacle of this vast colleted sum of knowledge.

In fact, if I had to choose *any one product* in the vast array of books and cassettes that have ever been published...ever, it would be this one, hands way way down.

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Put it all together... - 12/12/00 12:20 PM
We can make a case for nearly any program to compliment PhotoReading. I think you would be better off with just PhotoReading.

Get the course and systematically go through it. Tape after tape. Exercise after exercise. No matter what you experience keep moving forward.

When you are finished with the course, go back and revisit any place you would like more strength. In the mean time, PhotoRead 3-10 books every day for a couple of months, and fully activate one each week.

Then consider another program based on what you've learned. What might best get you to where you want to go. Ask questions then. Until then, keep focused on PhotoReading. Don't use anything else as a diversion, otherwise the other program might even become an excuse.

The only exception is if you get truly stuck during PhotoReading. Even then I'm inclined to say, just keep plowing through it.

Good luck.

Time and life is on your side.

Posted By: kender85 Re: Put it all together... - 12/12/00 03:54 PM
I have a question on the books for the daily photoreading. Would you advise photoreading the same book daily, if you really desired to imbed that book into your subconscious, similar to photoreading the dictionary?

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Put it all together... - 12/12/00 10:55 PM
There are many benefits for PhotoReading a book multiple times. Sure do it.

Be careful, however, that you are not trying to force your brain to pay attention to the book, because the brain does not respond favorably to force.

Posted By: Mazrim Re: Put it all together... - 12/13/00 08:11 PM
When you are finished with the course, go back and revisit any place you would like more strength. In the mean time, PhotoRead 3-10 books every day for a couple of months, and fully activate one each week.

---

Alright hold up... so thats 21 to 70 books a week. Fine but your only activaiting 1 a weeek. So after 4 months I have photo-read 84 to 280 books and only activated 4.

???? Am I reading this right? what happens to all those books im not activiating?

Thanks pete! =)

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Put it all together... - 12/13/00 11:30 PM
Sure.

The purpose is to burn in the PhotoReading process and make way for spontaneous activation.

You see, everyone will have a spontaneous activation now and then. When you are PhotoReading that many books you are bound to have more experiences. The brain is wonderful. It will work to replicate the experiences. Before you know it you are having consistent experiences of spontaneous activation and you will turn into a little Pete.

That is not to discount regular activation, which is vital. Regular activation will be easier after PhotoReading all of those books.

Posted By: Margaret Re: Put it all together... - 12/15/00 10:52 PM
Pete,
This particular post has been just fermenting in my mind for days now. I've had success w/ PhRing but i really think it's time to kick it up a notch. It somehow never occurred to me that i could just keep PhRing all the books i have. Burn it in! Somehow it just finally clicked for me. Thanks a lot.

quote:
Originally posted by Pete Bissonette:
Sure.

The purpose is to burn in the PhotoReading process and make way for spontaneous activation.

You see, everyone will have a spontaneous activation now and then. When you are PhotoReading that many books you are bound to have more experiences. The brain is wonderful. It will work to replicate the experiences. Before you know it you are having consistent experiences of spontaneous activation and you will turn into a little Pete.

That is not to discount regular activation, which is vital. Regular activation will be easier after PhotoReading all of those books.

Posted By: Brian649 Re: Put it all together... - 12/16/00 12:25 AM
Margaret, my thoughts exactly.

I've been thinking what it would mean for my future if I could photoread with the same ability that Pete has... Let us say, I like what I envision.

10 books a day, here we come!

Let's do this.

Posted By: Margaret Re: Put it all together... - 12/16/00 01:02 AM
Yes, Brian. That's what i've decided. I already have the interest & enthusiasm to do this.

I brought 3 books to work today. I will PhR them each twice which comes to 6 books. Then i'll bring a different 3 books to work then next day.

The last part of the PhRing Course has a full description of a mind screen. I like the Silva too, but both should work fine. At some point in the night, i just get down to alpha & do some mind screen work for whatever comes up....tonight it's burning it in!

Good luck to us!.......the all of us!

Posted By: Brian649 Re: Put it all together... - 12/16/00 01:08 AM
Mr. Bissonette,

I have a blessed personality flaw--fanaticism. May as well use it to my advantage!

I was wondering if you could maybe throw together an ultra-fanatical game plan.

The goal: to reach your level of mastery in the shortest possible length of time.

I understand that 'scheduling a time' goes against the playful-learning ideal.

Also, it is often better when learning new skills to do a little each day so that you can get sleep cycles in between the lessons to learn faster. (as opposed to practicing much more in a condensed period of time.)

Is 3 to 10 books a day with 1 book completely activated per week the most intense we should go?

Will going further than this make us progress faster?

When is there a point of diminishing returns?

Also, I saw a post lying somewhere around here that has a list of the uses of Paraliminals in regard to photoreading.

Are there other techniques/factors that can accelerate the speed we learn PR?

Thanks!

All of a sudden... I'm willing to do whatever it takes!

just... show me the way...........

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: Put it all together... - 12/16/00 02:01 AM
I can't speak to how far you can go to accelerate the process. However, I can confirm that PhotoReading 3-4 books/day and activating 1-2/week resulted in a big improvement in my skills. Why should PhotoReading be any different than any other skill I want to learn? I struggled with finding enough books for several weeks before it dawned on me that I could PhotoRead the same books multiple times. DUH!

Posted By: Margaret Re: Put it all together... - 12/16/00 02:20 AM
mgrego----THANKS, i couldn't remember who posted the reading of books over & over again. Really a --DUH! :-)

quote:
Originally posted by mgrego2:
I can't speak to how far you can go to accelerate the process. However, I can confirm that PhotoReading 3-4 books/day and activating 1-2/week resulted in a big improvement in my skills. Why should PhotoReading be any different than any other skill I want to learn? I struggled with finding enough books for several weeks before it dawned on me that I could PhotoRead the same books multiple times. DUH!

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: Put it all together... - 12/16/00 02:50 AM
I don't think it was me. I think I got it from Pete or Dana. At some point, I'm going to grab a book that I really want to assimilate and PhotoRead the heck out of it. I wonder how many times I'd need to do it to begin getting benefits similar to Direct Learning?

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Put it all together... - 12/16/00 03:25 AM
Brian649 - Patience. Patience.

Posted By: Brian649 Re: Put it all together... - 12/16/00 05:55 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Pete Bissonette:
Brian649 - Patience. Patience.

That was soooo ZEN!!!

Posted By: Brian649 Re: Put it all together... - 12/16/00 07:28 AM
So then learning a skill which involves explicit use of the inner mind requires that a person relax and take it slow. ...the inner mind will reveal new powers and increased skill when I'm not impatient and it will do so at its own pace--in other words, don't try to *force* the skill onto it, because in so doing, I will shut down the whole-mind...? sounds feasible--unfortunately.

Actually, that reminds me of those who try to pursue enlightenment with great zeal--usually desiring great personal gain.

They never get it. To 'get it', you've got to let go of your desire to get it; then it will come to you in its own time... perhaps it is the same concept.

Alan Watts used a great metaphor for this.

It's like a woman playing hard to get. The more you pursue her, the more she plays hard to get. HOWEVER, what's the secret? Stop pursuing... what? yes. --counter-intuitive.

THEN, she thinks, 'hey, that's not supposed to happen...' and the shoe is placed on the other foot--she's now the one trying to get YOUR attention.

Replace women with 'subconscious' and man with 'ego force', and there you go.

[This message has been edited by Brian649 (edited December 16, 2000).]

Posted By: Tim_with_a_T Re: Put it all together... - 12/17/00 12:50 AM
Pete, now I'm curious. When I took the Photoreading seminar a couple months ago, I asked my instructor about how LS trained their wannabe instructors, and what she told me sounded a lot like massive exposure to the point where you just did it because it would be the only way that would let you accomplish what was expected of them. And most everyone it sounded like came out of this experience with great skills. So did I somehow misinterpert my instructor, or are there just different ways of going about it? And which way did you learn it?

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Put it all together... - 12/17/00 03:24 PM
I learned PhotoReading with Paul when he was developing it back in 1985. We started with only spontaneous activation, which we realized wasn't practical for our students, so we developed the manual activation techniques.

In the first year I PhotoRead 1300 books. I'd PhotoRead entire shelves in the library every visit. I'd leave the library with boxes of books.

Paul and I talked about our experiences continually. I remember a Friday night. I was at my home and he his. We were both PhotoReading when Paul noticed the blip page and asked if I had it too. The word "blip" was born that night, because that was the word Paul used to describe it to me over the telephone.

Now, to the instructor training. We would hpoe that instructor trainees came to the training having mastered PhotoReading. I don't know if that has ever been the case. During the course we teach the trainees how to learn how to learn, and we teach them how to teach how to learn how to learn.

We don't teach PhotoReading, but in order to learn to teach to learn to learn you must use PhotoReading and every turn.

Trainees actually only learn to teach one 5-15 segment of the PhotoReading course using everything they had previously learned in the training. Upon completion of the training, the instructor candidate must on their own apply their new learnings to every component of the course.

They then put it together in front of a practice class of 6-8 people. After that, two more days of training and then their certification class where they teach with a master certifying instructor in the room with them. There's two more days of training after that. At that point the candidate is either certified or given a plan for further work in order to be certified.

So, as a result of the intensive experience instructors go through, their PhotoReading proficiency increases significantly.

Posted By: Tim_with_a_T Re: Put it all together... - 12/18/00 06:15 AM
Thanks Pete. Now if I were to PR over a 1000 books in a year, that would be twice as effective as PRing 500?

You told Brian a few posts ago that one needs patience. So would it be better to read a moderate amount, and saturate my mind, or PR as much as I possibly can, oversaturating till the information is just flooding my conscious? (which would be very cool )

And if you only had spontaneous activation back in the days with Paul, is activation really necessary? Could I possibly get more out of not activating at all, and just having faith that the information will come to me when I need it? Though this would probably feel pretty insecure for some time, the feeling would certainly pass. I'm betting it has for you.

Alas, the time has come. Good day.

Posted By: Brian649 Re: Put it all together... - 12/17/00 11:45 PM
In the first year I PhotoRead 1300 books. I'd PhotoRead entire shelves in the library every visit. I'd leave the library with boxes of books.

I'm there! Literally, I'm work at a library... I begin tonight.

Truly, Mr. Bissonette, if you provided a detailed history of how you learned to photoread so amazingly, wouldn't it be possible for others to model you and thus experience the same results or at least to some degree?

just a thought... (and a rather exhilarating one at that!)

Posted By: Tim_with_a_T Re: Put it all together... - 12/18/00 01:44 AM
Exactly, Brian. If we follow NLP, and I think we do, then we should be modelling people like Pete and Paul, or if there are even better photoreaders out there. (no offense....) Of course, the PR courses are based off what these men (and women) have learned works and what doesn't work. But the idea that I just have to practice till I'm perfect does not appeal to me. We are all human beings, basically the same neurologically, therefore, according to Bandler and Grinder, we should just be able to model there internal/external strategies to be able to Photoread like experts. Is this being done, and I'm just ranting for no perticular reason, or is there the possibily that there is something uptapped here?

Peace.
(Again, I just can't help it. It must be a complusion. )

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Put it all together... - 12/18/00 10:04 PM
It is more about doing than practicing. While practice can provide proficiency, doing is much more motivating, more results generating.

Posted By: Brian649 Re: Put it all together... - 12/19/00 08:24 AM
It is more about doing than practicing. While practice can provide proficiency, doing is much more motivating, more results generating.

More results generating, eh? Check out:
http://www.film.com/film-review/2000/10014244/100/default-review.html

Go for Clip 1.
--
This clip has blown the top off of my mind. Limits? We all have our own respective proficiencies--and most of us think we are pretty good at something or other... I know this is only a movie. But just what IS possible?

After viewing the clip, "Do or do not--there is no practice!" (to coin a phrase) I appreciate the full value of what you just said.

In Zen it is called,
"Spontaneous Right Action" ...good stuff...the best.

Posted By: happyday Re: Put it all together... - 12/20/00 04:04 AM
"There are many benefits for PhotoReading a book multiple times. Sure do it.
Be careful, however, that you are not trying to force your brain to pay attention to the book, because the brain does not respond favorably to force."

My understanding so far: When PRing - be in alpha. Now, how do I know I am?
Is the sing-a-song thing to achieve concentration yet at the same time avoiding concentrating on the book? And is this kind of concentrating equal to being in alpha? Has anybody tried to count backwards like in Silva? The trouble is, there is no feedback, is there? So, you guys - what's alpha like?

And Pete: What exactly is going on in your mind when you are in PRing? (Working on the databank for borrowing genius)

On the other hand, again from what I read in the Silva books, it might not matter in what state your mind is in, as long as you keep your eyes open, because the Silva people can apparently retrieve information from former situations, which all entered their mind, no matter what state they were in, when they need them to solve their problems on the screen. If that is so - forget about alpha and rather concentrate on developing recall abilities? Could it be that as a beginner we simply overemphasize the PRing step?

Looking forward to your reply

Happyday

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement