Posted By: Ryan How did everyone find out about Photoreading? - 12/27/00 04:02 AM
I found photoreading through Win Winger's The Einstein Factor. When I first read about photoreading I was fascinated and still am. I also was a little bit skeptical at first but I have gotten over that since then. How did everyone else find out about it?

I was getting NLP certification in 1987 or 1988. It was relatively new to the group that I was getting certified with but they were very excited about it. My sister-in-law was also getting certified and she took the PhotoReading course with other members of our class. I couldn't afford it, so I pretty much forgot about it until two years ago. I started checking around and realized there was a home study course. I was sold and ordered the set. I'm glad I did.

Great idea. I'd love to find out how everyone came to PhotoReading.

My story is on another post somewhere, but I still vividly remember that telephone call back in 1985 when Paul asked "what if you could go through books as fast as you could turn the pages."

I came across photoreading over the Internet. I was doing some searches on speed reading technieques on the Altavista search engine and then I saw the link that said about reading at 25,000+ wpm!

I had been trying to learn German. I must have been on a mailing list b/c i received an advertisement from LS.

I called & spoke to Dana Hanson. Just speaking to him sold me. He was relaxed, knew the product well & was very clear that i could return the tapes if i was not satisfied. I loved the German tapes. I'm still listening to them when i drive to work.

Then i received an advertisement for PhRing. Because of my success w/ the German tapes & the paraliminal Personal Genius that came w/ the tapes, i quickly made the decision to give PhRing a try. W-O-W!

Then i received an advertisement for Natural Brilliance...........& now i'm totally hooked. I recall reading a quote in one of Pete's promotional letters from some gentleman: "I can't wait to see what LS will come out w/ next." I remember reading that thinking the guy was a learning junkie! I really wonder if my other than conscious mind chose to focus on that man's statement b/c it already knew i would be saying the same thing a few yrs. later. His is the only quote i remembered.

Everything i purchase from LS seems to improve my self confidence & quality of life. I don't know how they do this so successfully over & over again, but i'm glad they do

I came across it over a television infomercial. I saw you there pete. I can not believe how fast you read off the laptop. I have not ordered the program yet. I still cant believe it...

After having successfully tried Feldenkrais and MindMapping, I was searching for some other books about learning and just got caught by the german edition of the PR book. After reading it, I was on fire with possibilities and decided to take the PR course at Sinonia, the german partner of LSC.
As I said somewhere else, I'm no regular practioner but have my successes - *especially* in "hopeless situations" (for example, having to learn three semesters worth of programming and software engineering in just four days - without having attended the classes). This "hopeless situations" provide the essential PR-ingredients for me: I have a clear goal, am motivated and really get into acitivating - the step that normally gives me the most difficulties.

Well, I got a bit off topic, but it's just great to be able to share the experiences!

Keep on keeping on,

Jens

I happen to pass by this shop that loans & sells all sorts of tapes programs. One of them I saw happened to be Photoreading by Learning Strategies.

Still trying to figure my way around this wonderful skill though. Maybe I need to attend a class?

A friend convinced me to get the PhotoReading Personal Learning Course earier this year. I am *very* happy he did. This is a *great* program.

Lomas

(PS: I am almost 17)

Im what you might call a little scientist. I'm into chemistry, biology, ecology, minearology, you name it.
I'm just saying that cos I found out about all this fantastic PR stuff reading the words in a New Scientist magazine at the dentist!
"I got 95% in my psychology exam"
I was hooked when i saw that. because I never seem to have time for all the things I wanted to learn about. (got a lot of looking after to do - plants, animals and my own temper)
so I asked for a pen and wrote the address down and I emailed my order. I was so excited that I demanded in the following week where my order was and the guy the other end said that they'd only just processed and that I would get it in a few days. OH those were agonising days!
Anyway that was last year
I tried it for a month and it didn't work so i left it till september when i emailed the guy again and he mentioned this site, i think the guy was pete m. but i'm not so sure. my feeling is that it is. anyway so since september i PRed one book a day, stopped in november in the middle of xmas prep and then started up again b4 new years. the other day was the first time I ever recalled anything that I didn't consciously learn. I was talking to mum about this particular subject and in the middle of it suddenly got this fantastic idea and then a title came to mind and then the information just flowed and flowed. But on that same day, i had recieved the little calm machine and a few hours b4 i had that conversation I used it. so i think everyone should have something to support their PR system. somehow the idea or excitement to be able to PR stops it from coming out as effectively as you would have hoped for. it's all there, just the feeling part is stopping it. It's just a point my mum made. and i think that's pretty important considering what many of you are attacking this system for, effectiveness of knowledge in the shortest time possible.. wooohoooooo way to go Paul Scheele!

I heard an interview with Pete Bissonette on a Christian radio station out of Colorado Springs, CO, one Saturday morning while I was driving to college. The next Saturday morning, I heard it again. By the third Saturday morning, I had my wife listening to the interview.
I have just ordered the course this week and I am waiting for the delivery. Remember my name. You'll probably be seeing it around here quite a bit.

I also found out about Photoreading from The Einstein Factor. This was a long time ago and it prompted me to buy the book...but I didn't really do anything until I got the home study course a few weeks ago, which was prompted by reading the posts in this forum.

Jeff

Let me dust this post... *cough, cough*

I found out about PRing by a friend whom talked to me about it, almost 2 years ago.

The site did not impress me much at first, "too much commercial" I thought . But then I spent one evening reading posts thru this forum, and something clicked in my head: there has to be some truth in all this!. And 3 PLCs and some paraliminals later, here I'm yet.

[This message has been edited by Rogin (edited February 24, 2003).]

I learned about PR about three years ago.
I had found the LS site on the internet, read about PR and read and re read the testemonials and finally decided to order the book.

[This message has been edited by jonah (edited February 24, 2003).]

I was looking at the library for books on speed reading and I looked at them and one said 25,000 wpm ... so I took it.

Was staying up until 3:00AM on a school night, depressed, and with dropping grades. I was curious when channel flipping and came to the infomercial. I told my family about it, and they didn't believe me, but got me the book for Christmas.

And that's that.

-youngprer

I found out about PR on the internet doing a search for speed reading techniques. I was fascinated and ran out and found the book at Borders the next day. I (normal) read through the book in two days and tried PRing. It felt strange, but I felt like I it worked (can't really explain it).

Then, ran out and got a copy of The Mind Mapping book by Tony Buzan.

That combined with other studies I've done onthe mind and learning and the subconscious have me hooked.

I still have much practice to do with PRing. And, am bent on getting the home study course and attending the seminar (currently unemployed, though).

I am interested in researching for writing, gaining information for fun, and I am most interested in direct learning for skill learning.

I have a horrible sleeping problem (the problem being that I don't do it) and managed to catch an airing of the infomercial at 4 or 5 am. I remember because after I ordered it, I watched the sunrise, then said, "Dear God, I've just burned $250."

Later, after learning the system, I will now say without a doubt, the system is probably worth double the price. You are learning a skill that puts you at an advantage over EVERYBODY. It's an awesome system, and I've learned that staying up for days will eventually yield good results, like watching important infomercials (j/k).

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

I heard about it years ago, because I learned about NLP through Speed Seduction, before I developed a more rounded interest in the subject as a whole.

I didn't think I could do it because of my experiences with being a slow reader. I have great comprehension, and amazing vocabulary, but I don't read fast compared to my mother or some of my peers.

What made me decide to invest the money? I had a breakthrough, where I was able to read a page a second with full comprehension. I can't say how, except to say that something broke the barrier between preconscious and conscious processing. It wasn't a pleasent experience overall, but the things that were good about it changed my outlook on a great many things.

quote:
Originally posted by Kaiden:

...I can't say how, except to say that something broke the barrier between preconscious and conscious processing. It wasn't a pleasent experience overall, but the things that were good about it changed my outlook on a great many things.

What do you mean it wasn't a pleasent experience?

I think I first heard about Photoreading from an advert in a magazine - Focus, I think. I sent off for information, but not really reading too much into it (no pun intended!) as it sounded a bit implausible. That would have been around 4 or 5 years ago. It wasn't until I managed to get a full time job with a permanent contract that I could afford to buy it, which I ended up doing around 18 months ago. It's been sat on my shelf pretty much the whole time, although I did get up to around tape 4 when it first arrived.

I still get information through the post on stuff that LifeTools (UK supplier) are selling. I got one about 4 or 5 months ago for the Photoreading Turbocharger videos, books and tapes, and to get the PR course on CD. Then I lost the orderform and forgot about it until a month ago when I got another one through the post (pretty much telling me I was stupid for not getting it when I had the chance! ). So I ordered it and I have dusted the course materials off the shelf and am trying to find the time to get into it again.

I am also getting into NLP at the moment, having read several books and I am hoping to do a course soon. Maybe I can use that to find me the time to go through the course finally!!!

(Actually, I tell a lie about where I first heard of PR from. I watched that programme back in 1995 or whenever it was where Paul McKenna PR'd the stuff off that computer. ALthough of course I didn't know it was PRing then!!!)

Einstein Factor.

quote:
Originally posted by Kaiden:
I heard about it years ago, because I learned about NLP through Speed Seduction, before I developed a more rounded interest in the subject as a whole.

I didn't think I could do it because of my experiences with being a slow reader. I have great comprehension, and amazing vocabulary, but I don't read fast compared to my mother or some of my peers.

What made me decide to invest the money? I had a breakthrough, where I was able to read a page a second with full comprehension. I can't say how, except to say that something broke the barrier between preconscious and conscious processing. It wasn't a pleasent experience overall, but the things that were good about it changed my outlook on a great many things.

I learned about it not too long ago. I 3-4 months. I wanted to learn it in the summer, when I wasn't in school. Anyway, I learned about Photoreading from one of my dad's friends, whose nephew learned it and I think is very proficient at it.

quote:
Originally posted by RogierB:
What do you mean it wasn't a pleasent experience?

I have to plead the fifth on that one, on the grounds that my answer may incriminate me.

I think I might have an idea of what it was, but if I'm right I'm not sure it would be the best way to expand one's mind.

I believe I received a mailing from Learning Strategies. It was probably about 1990, maybe earlier.

So, the question for Pete B. is: what lists were you buying such that I would end up on it?

Probably an NLP connection, as I was on several of theirs.

Fun thread, this one.

--Brian

Hi guys... that's interesting... I talked to a family member who actually new someone who could "photoread" in the 70s, naturally without training....
so i was inspired to learn about this super fast learning technique!! But didn't really find much..

then I came across some accelerated learning books and found it in Einster Factor...

Thanks Guys!

Well, the place I found out about Photoreading is quite unusual. Taiwan, I was in this cramming school where I thought it was the only hope I have got to get into a good college. The cramming school is, all in a nutshell.....CRAMMING CRAMMING~~~! You don't have your own time for what you want to do. You are monitored 16 hours a day by supervisors. The higher scorer gets a different face from the supervisors, you can just feel it. That's how cramming school makes money here, advertised who got high scores from their place and brag about how strict they are. I was so pressure back then. Finally, sunday, I had a few hours to myself and walked into a bookstore trying to find a solution to my suffering. Voila, I found Paul's PWMS book, in chinese. I was so overwhelmed by the things I can do after I master PR. Don't really know whether it's the translation but I can't get it to work so I found the website and ordered the plc and found out that the translation miss out the NOPS and direct learning.

I saw the infomercial a couple yeas back at about 2 or 3 AM. I kept thinking that it was corny how they made it look like "American Breakthroughs" was like a TV show or something, I had never seen it in all my cable watching days. It reminds me of how Kevin Trudeau has had his infomercials lately, acting like it is a regular program, "Kevin and Debbie".

But for some reason I believed everything that they were saying about photoreading, and what Pete did too. So I looked it up, found stereoreading but it didn't have any good books so I didn't give it much thought, then found some other personal web sites with their experience of PR, and finally found the site with the PhotoReading forum that had a link to the LS site.

I'm not sure how it got started, probably because of the infomercial, but around that time I got hooked on mind improvement and began looking up everything I could. And in the PR forum I found out about Holosync from Pete. Then I found Mind Tek and Flightwaves. Probably only a couple have even seen Flightwaves, but it used to be a free, downloadable meditation program with 4 tracks with Holosync-type technology, and the CD was available at MP3.com for 15 dollars. The makers had some wuacky views on meditation, and after I was away for a while and got back into these things I saw it was raised to over 50 dollars. And I think the music was crappy and depressing.

A family member had found the PRWMS book and bought me a copy. I read it and tried a little but not much of anything. And when I was gone I didn't have the book and still wasn't sure about how it worked. When I got back recntly I strted tring it more and more, but don't have enough time until next week when school is out for me. I'v been only procticing the PR step everyday. And I have recently been trying Holosync, but don't have enough time to devote more than the time when I go to sleep to it. Soon though I will start to integrate both techniques into my life.

Came across a small ad, in left hand corner, on the left page, in a New Scientist issue.. it featured on subsequent issues for a couple of months... it captured my attention.. wow.. 25K words a min... that was something.. and could be the ideal thing for me... The question remained, like for many of us... IS IT ALL TRUE..? well.. since it was true enough to be in a serious mag like new scientist.. i figured it would be worth my father's money and my time investment!..

The Einstein Factor

I dont really remember how I reached the website, but thats how I learned about photoreading. I ended up here and looked around and found photoreading and its amazing claims, so I got my parents to buy me the PLC that included both books and the Memory Supercharger tape, I'm happy with everything so far, but I haven't commited myself to the system, so I haven't had any success yet. I'm a procrastinator...

I was taking out the trash!
I had put the large black bags on the trunk of the car (I was taking them down to the end of the drive) while listening to whatever radio station was on because my husband had driven the car last and left it on. It was the PR commercial - couldn't mention cost; just gave a number to call. So when I got back to the house, I did!

The rest is history!!
That was almost 2 years ago. I just looked it up.

After a flurry of several months I let it go -- so it incubated for a long time. Then, when I decided to go back to school this Fall, I got it all out and started in again, this time dutifully listening to the two tapes as well (personal genius and memory). Wow - what a difference! I am totally hooked.

As the saying goes - "When the student is ready ... "

*A* fellow traveler

I was searching on the internet for a way to learn speedreading and I came across it. I was fascinated by it. I dropped out of grad school because I couldn't keep up with the reading and work and family. About 2-3 months later I was up at 2-3am watching tv with my wife when I saw an informercial with Pete which convinced her and I ordered it.

I got a tape through the post.I think I got it through my association with holosync.

I'm English and I don't know about you Americans but I found the sales technique totally hilarious.We're not used to it in England, I mean the really goofy talking and mad enthusiasm.

Myself and my brother listened to the tape and we totally laughed ourselves silly.

When the course arrived my brother said "you didn't actually buy that did you, I thought you thought it was a joke"

Well, I found the tape funny but I still listened to it and did my research.It just made so much sense, even though it was totally different from normal reading.

I'm still working on it but I'm glad I listened to that funny tape instead of chucking it in the bin (which I nearly did).

I have been interested in learning techniques for many years. I just happend to see PhotoReading listed while checking out speed reading techniques at Amazon last month. I ordered the book & Natural Brilliance & loved his PhotoReading techniques over any speed reading techniques that I've ever tried, because they didn't work for me. Then, Chet Day's newsletter gave a link to another site about doing Qigong & how it can improve your health, so this stayed in my mind. I wanted to try it. I went to this site one day, just to check out the PhotoReading info., since it was listed in Paul's book. There I saw a course on Qigong. I thought that it was expensive, so I didn't act on it, but then a few day's later, I remembered the free sample tape, so I got that. Low & behold, Centerpointe's Bill Harris was going to offer me a discount. I do Holocync meditations & was surprised to see his involvement here.I got Centerpointe's link from Chet Day. I purchased the Spring Forest Qigong - both courses. The funny thing is that when I heard the name,Learning Strategies, I thought that the name sounded familiar, yet I've never been to this site before/in the past. It must be my destiny. Toby

Hi!
I heard about Ph. from a local newspaper.
He talked about 25.000 wpm and I immediately go to the Italian site suggestionated(the NLP Italy)..
That's all..

*Sara*

PS And I'm still fight with it(PWMS)!!

Humph, I can't believe I hadn't posted in this thread before.

I stumbled onto this site while searching for information on speed reading.

You are perfection,
Iam2

Radio.

Love and Light

Many years ago, I was trained as hypnotist, a friend in a course talked to me about PR. Well, he did not call it PR, but it was a technique about mentally photographing a book and later calling to conscience memories of the book…

A few months ago, I searched on Internet and found this site….

Richard, Paris, France.

I found about this just like several others. I was searching for speed reading, and ever since seeing the front page for this site, it all seemed very intriguing. Who could resist considering 25,000 wpm?

Neat stories. Keep them coming. It is interesting how we all came together.

I was looking for something to help me with my dyslexia and AD/HD problem when I foud life-tools in the UK, and tryed photo-reading and It's worked out really well, Now I am a NLPer soon to be trainer, and a life skills coach, mostly thanks to photo-reading, P.s thanks LSC.

My sister was and still is using the CRI CDs when she recieved information in the post about Photoreading from that same crowd. She knew how I loved to improve my abilities and handed me the order form and related materials. I am an accountant working in Australia and I must say this is the best thing I have ever come across in my whole life to date. I don't know what the future holds but if its anything like the breakthrough the PRWS has been then I can't wait.

[This message has been edited by JoeBlogs (edited January 01, 2006).]

I found out about photoreading from Bill Harris of Centerpointe when I became am inner-circle member of his Holosync program. As a gift he sent me a DVD from Learning Strategies.

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement