Posted By: Jovo PR Limit - 03/16/01 07:22 AM
Everyone says the more the better. Read 10 books a day. Read 20.

But, isn't there a limit on how much information one can process/assimilate a day/week? What if one can assimilate 5 books and the other 5 (or 15) are just waste of time? Is it possible to exhaust oneself with too much information. I mean, if you read 20 different books each day...I know subconscious is fast but is it that fast? Can it get clogged with too much PRing so other activities suffer?

Posted By: Elmo9 Re: PR Limit - 03/16/01 08:03 AM
HE HE no you've highly underestimated the unconscious mind Just to let you know, this week alone i've photoread 600 books, thats about 100books everyday and i seem as focused as ever if not even more focused.

[This message has been edited by Elmo9 (edited March 16, 2001).]

Posted By: dmatech Re: PR Limit - 03/16/01 03:51 PM
Wow! 100 books/day? How much would you estimate that you retained? I'm very excited about learning to PR soon.

Posted By: Michael Saikali Re: PR Limit - 03/17/01 06:09 AM
Elmo9,

Comic books with pictures don't count!

Posted By: explorer Re: PR Limit - 03/16/01 08:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dmatech:
Wow! 100 books/day? How much would you estimate that you retained? I'm very excited about learning to PR soon.

Yeah, how much of it did u retain? I'm interested bcos I'm a uni student n will mostly be using PR on textbooks.

Someone on this board suggested that at the beginning it's better to PR books that interest you. What if I start off with my textbooks? (which...ahem...do not always make a v. fascinating read) Will that affect how fast I learn to PR?

Again relating to using PR on textbooks, how do u keep the interest/motivation going? (Any ideas from elmo9 in particular? U must be v. good at it to go thru some 100 books/day!! I wish I could do 1/10 of that!!!)

Posted By: whatthe222 Re: PR Limit - 03/16/01 08:35 PM
You keep yourself interested / motivated because you need it. Necessity is the mother of invention.

One of Al Hichkoks actresses asked him "but what will keep me motivated?" His blithe reply: "the money"

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: PR Limit - 03/16/01 08:44 PM
One reason for starting with books that interest you is so you'll have something to use as your "purpose" when going through the steps. With textbooks, you probably have fairly specific purposes each week. Let the syllabus or the other handouts drive your purpose.

Posted By: explorer Re: PR Limit - 03/16/01 09:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by whatthe222:
Necessity is the mother of invention.

I like that

quote:
[/B]One of Al Hichkoks actresses asked him "but what will keep me motivated?" His blithe reply: "the money"[/B]

Just an idea that I read somewhere: while money is a good motivator, once u reach the level that u need (for example enough to buy a BMW) u're no longer driven to earn more. If I've remembered correctly, the writer then said that u will only keep going if u have a sincere belief that what u're doing will benefit/serve other ppl, make their lives better.

I haven't put it as well as the original, but this is the gist of what I remember. For me though, the end of year exams in the Summer are enough motivation to learn PR.

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: PR Limit - 03/16/01 11:55 PM
To your opening question:

Some people feel overwhelmed when PhotoReading large quantities of books. If so, just pull back. Give yourself a break. Other than that, we know of no one who has actually hit "the limit."

Posted By: Jovo Re: PR Limit - 03/17/01 07:16 AM
Thanks for your reply guys. They are just what I had hoped for.
I guess that saying sky is the limit doesn't apply in PRing. There's no limit. Limit, what is that?

Posted By: aallen Re: PR Limit - 03/17/01 03:39 PM
I have discovered through many mediums that having the goal is more important than retaining the goal. Once you've arrived, there's something else that peaks your interest, unless your the type of person who isn't driven by goals - any Bass fisherman out there?

Posted By: Lomas Re: PR Limit - 03/18/01 06:56 AM
quote:
Necessity is the mother of invention.

I've used that quote a number of times this week
quote:
Thanks for your reply guys. They are just what I had hoped for...

I second that!

[This message has been edited by Lomas (edited March 18, 2001).]

Posted By: Lomas Re: PR Limit - 03/18/01 07:32 AM
When my friend originally informed me about photoreading and we were discussing its potential, we pondered the idea of 'photoreading the library'. The potential!

Well, since then, I 'haven't had the time' to do so, and am only starting to really integrate these skills. Now that this topic has sort of been brought up again, I think its time to get this 'project' started. I need all the encouragement I can get!

Thanks,
Lomas

[This message has been edited by Lomas (edited March 18, 2001).]

Posted By: Elmo9 Re: PR Limit - 03/18/01 07:41 AM
GO GO GO

(how was that for encoragement? )

seriously photoreading 100 books takes only about 1.5 hours. Photoread evey single book you can get your hands on pertaining to the topic you are interested and activate about 10 of the key books Set aside a Saturday afternoon at the library for a reading marathon. It will be excelent practice for photofucusing, staying relaxed, staying focused/concentrating, as well as excelent practice for activation. Just do a lot of it

Have fun :0

[This message has been edited by Elmo9 (edited March 18, 2001).]

Posted By: Lomas Re: PR Limit - 03/18/01 11:26 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Elmo9!

A couple questions though:

How much time should I spend in between books (reaffirming, etc.)? A few seconds? What purpose should I maintain? To gain knowledge?

100 books in 1.5 hours? Wow! In 50 of those sessions I can read as many books as someone I know has read in his life! THE POWER!

Posted By: Elmo9 Re: PR Limit - 03/18/01 11:41 PM
The key is speed. Just zip through it as fast as you possibley can. Spend only like 30 seconds previewing. When previewing i usually enter the accel learning state then zip through the table of content.

As for affirmation i often use "as i photoread this book (titile) i am extremely curious to know how many way my unconcious mind is communicating to me " and "as i photoread my concentration is absolute" as well as "after i photoread this book i will be totally relaxed"

Just say those to yourself as affimation. As for purpose, I often found it better if i was more specific. Just "to deepen my knowledge" is a little vague for me.

Momentum is the key! Once you get going, you'll find it easier to keep going. Don't think about what you are doing; don't worry about wheather or not you are doing it right, just do it

Posted By: Lomas Re: PR Limit - 03/19/01 12:03 AM
Ah! So I should 'preview' (as in zip through the table of contents)? Ok. Thanks for the advice! I'll try it later today or tomorrow.

Posted By: Lomas Re: PR Limit - 03/19/01 06:35 AM
Should I conjure up new purposes for every book? Or should I keep at the same purpose (for photoreading sections of the library)?

Also, sorry for taking this post a bit off topic.

[This message has been edited by Lomas (edited March 19, 2001).]

Posted By: Jovo Re: PR Limit - 03/19/01 08:00 AM
When reading 100 books a day do you preview every single one or just some? And how much do you wait between PRing two books? Do you do it at once or split it in two or three PR sessions? Do you stop when you start daydreaming or get sore neck/arm?

Sorry for throwing questions at you like this but I really need those answers from someone who knows.

Posted By: Elmo9 Re: PR Limit - 03/19/01 09:10 AM
It is best if you have a clearly defined purpose for eveything you read. It gives the book a sense of importance.

The best way to remember anything it to peg it to things in your long term memory. The more links you make to the things you already know the the more accesible that info becomes to your concious mind.

Take the times table we learned in grades school as an example; it is linked to algebra, fractions, radicals, calculus....etc to forget the times table for ppl who have master the basics of math, it is almost impossible.

What im trying to say is, the more important the thing you are trying to learn/read is, the more your mind tends to open up.

If i want to photoread, for example, on the subject of gardening, if i don't approach it with some sort of curiouslity, chances are, my mind is going to put the whole subject off because it isn't important to me and its pending at really LOW priority in my mind.

If, however, i approach the subject of Quantum physics, a subject which i already have a deep curiousity into, my mind would open up and absorb the things i read and it would be pending at a high priority in my mind.

It ultimately comes down to stating a clearly defined purpose. The purpose itself creats a sence of curiosity; you can make a low priority subject become a high priority subject.

Do it for evey single book you photoread, it only take a few seconds to formlate a purpose.

It really depends on wheather or not i have 1.5 to 2 hours to spare. I don't photoread 100 evey single day but it so happens that this week i found the time.

And no i don't get any body pain from it since im a pretty active athlete and i take a few seconds in between every book to stretch.

Yes i do the whole thing in one sitting

[This message has been edited by Elmo9 (edited March 19, 2001).]

Posted By: balkanboy Re: PR Limit - 03/20/01 03:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Elmo9:
HE HE no you've highly underestimated the unconscious mind Just to let you know, this week alone i've photoread 600 books, thats about 100books everyday and i seem as focused as ever if not even more focused.

[This message has been edited by Elmo9 (edited March 16, 2001).]

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA!

Sincerely,

Martin
p.s. are you high?

Posted By: Brian649 Re: PR Limit - 03/20/01 05:31 AM
Elmo,
What specifically would you say you are gaining from photoreading all of these books at one sitting? Any closer to spontaneous activation? What are you consciously retaining of each book? You must have very active sleep cycles?

I'm intrigued. Please share your results. If they're better than what the standard wisdom produces, I know what I'm doing this weekend

As Tony Robbins says, "Repetition is the mother of skill." ..you could be on to something!

Let's take this to an even further extreme. What if you spent the entire day photoreading? All on one subject. You'd have to go to biggish library. (I think ours has 10 million volumes...that should keep me busy for while.. heh.

What if you spent the entire WEEK photoreading and nothing else. sacrifice your next vacation.. You could do the 90 minute study plan perpetually. Maybe throw in a PG, MS, or PhR Activator paraliminals in between the sessions. Hemisync's 'superlearning' CD might be good for such prolonged learning sessions.

What would come out of such madness?

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement