Posted By: SDstudent Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 08/07/01 09:02 PM
I was wondering if there is any photoreader in San Diego area that can show me a demonstration of Photoreading or activation of a book.
Thanks in advance.

Posted By: Mr. Bean Re: Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 08/08/01 09:56 PM
I just received the whole mind system last night so give me a couple of months I am in Spring Valley.

quote:
Originally posted by SDstudent:
I was wondering if there is any photoreader in San Diego area that can show me a demonstration of Photoreading or activation of a book.
Thanks in advance.

Posted By: SDSUBio Re: Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 08/10/01 05:02 AM
Hi I am in the San Diego area...I go to SDSU and I bought the Pr system a coupke weeks ago and I still havnet finished it yet...I say on SDstudent you are a premed...Do u got to State? what year? I hope this system works
Rob

Posted By: SDstudent Re: Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 08/11/01 01:46 AM
Yes, I do go to SDSU (post baq) and I am premed. I have photoread all my MCAT prep books , Biochemistry, cell molecular biology, physiology, etc. and I am taking the MCAT next Sat. It will be interesting to see how photoreading has helped.

quote:
Originally posted by SDSUBio:
Hi I am in the San Diego area...I go to SDSU and I bought the Pr system a coupke weeks ago and I still havnet finished it yet...I say on SDstudent you are a premed...Do u got to State? what year? I hope this system works
Rob

Posted By: SDSUBio Re: Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 08/11/01 03:57 AM
hey good luck..I hope everything goes well...Are you still going to sdsu or have you graduated? this semester I am taking physics and biostat and bio250a and other GE's I would like to know how your Prd your books or how you studied..Give me an emial or post a reply
Rob
slyder151@aol.com

Posted By: SDstudent Re: Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 08/11/01 07:03 PM
Thanks. I graduated from SDSU with a Master's in Physiology and now I am just taking pre-med classes while I am applying this year. I am in the same boat as you are with photoreading. {Side Note: I also happen to have Subliminal Dynamics Home course (they started to market "Mental Photography" before Learning Strategies. I think the forum's negative criticism is a bit one sided. They present the same kind of concepts but in a different way. Maybe not as much elaboration on activation techniques but they touch upon most of them} I have had average success with the dictionary drill (5/15 direct hits, 6/15 opposite page/column, 4/15 misses). I don't have vivid dreams on the stuff I PRed. I have been going over the science part for the MCAT (by reading and activation methods), but I don't have concepts pop into my mind like intuition when I do the practice problems. That can be due to the fact they I have prior knowledge of the subject. I have tried to PR the verbal section, but I still progress at the same speed of reading as I would without PR. I know this system works, but I haven't yet built a strong connection to my inner mind. I have PR novels and not have a clue about the story (characters, plot, etc.) I need more work on it, I guess. As far as Org Chem, it came easy to me. (by the way, I didn't PR my Org Chem before the class) As long as you have a purpose and find enjoyment in learning the subject, you will do well in the class. That is the key! I will also be taking Histology and Cell Molecular Biology in the Fall. That will be a good test, since I PR my books already. Good Luck. Let me know about your results.

---------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by SDSUBio:
hey good luck..I hope everything goes well...Are you still going to sdsu or have you graduated? this semester I am taking physics and biostat and bio250a and other GE's I would like to know how your Prd your books or how you studied..Give me an emial or post a reply
Rob
slyder151@aol.com

[This message has been edited by SDstudent (edited August 11, 2001).]

Posted By: SDSUBio Re: Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 09/02/01 08:56 AM
Hows it going..I hanemt the dictionary thing in a while...I finished the home study course but now i am trying to Pr atleast 5 books b4 school starts..IS the bio class you takeing bio202...that class is neat...This semester im taking bio250, physics wth lab and biostat for my pre req stuff...I need to finish b4 school starts...email me to tell me your progress good luck
ROb

Posted By: SDstudent Re: Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 09/02/01 11:44 PM
The classes I am taking is Bio 474 (Histology) and Bio366 (Molecular Cell Biology). I am still looking for a San Diego photoreader. I haven't been able to have any material "gel". I consciously pick up words, subvocalize them and move through the material quickly. Afterwards, I might remember some of the words but I don't know where they fit into concept. My dictionary drill has gotten worse, too. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 09/04/01 04:04 PM
Remember that the Dictionary Game is...a game! Play with it to begin learning how your inner mind provides information to you at a conscious level when you give it a question or request.

For your technical material, how are you activating it, and how much time are you spending? As a rule of thumb, you should activate in 30-minute sessions, cycling all of the activation techniques in step 4.

Posted By: SDstudent Re: Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 09/05/01 05:05 AM

Dana,
I am rapid reading, dipping and skittering for about 30 minutes. I feel I can better comprehension by just reading it. I am also starting classes so the reading and lectures should activate the info.
How does one know if you are getting the info from Photoreading? To tell you the truth, I don't know if it is going it in. Or if the problem is getting it out. I haven't had dreams about the PR material or the "a ha" experience. Sometimes, I just lay down and ask myself questions about what I have PR. But all i come up with is material created by my imagination. It doesn't relate to the PRed material. I have people ask me what the vocabulary of an uncommon word is but I can't seem to answer them correctly. I have PRed the dictionary at least 30 times. I know this has to work, since there are individuals whom have found success. But I think I can't seem to get the activation part down.
Maybe you can provide more Online Books or articles and have us PR it and answer questions to the material.
What do you think?

quote:
Originally posted by Dana Hanson:
Remember that the Dictionary Game is...a game! Play with it to begin learning how your inner mind provides information to you at a conscious level when you give it a question or request.

For your technical material, how are you activating it, and how much time are you spending? As a rule of thumb, you should activate in 30-minute sessions, cycling all of the activation techniques in step 4.

Posted By: LeeHigh80 Re: Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 09/05/01 01:44 AM
I am in almost the exact same boat as you sdstudent!I have had only one experience with photoreading: I scanned a page pertaining to John Locke and Thomas Jefferson. Then went over it again and me eyes went right to the phrase showing the point I was looking for. Yeah, the dictionary
hasn't really worked for me either

sorry I don't live in San Diego ( I am in Austin, TX.)

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 09/06/01 02:30 PM
SDstudent,

First of all, you have the steps out of sequence. Second, the proper way to manually activate is to craft mind probing questions with your trigger words from your 8-minute Preview, and then begin SuperReading & Dipping, or Skittering & Dipping, so you can begin connecting your conscious mind with where all the material was absorbed in your other-than-conscious mind during the PR step. Build conscious comprehension from whole-to-parts, one layer at a time. Structure first, detail second.

Give me a specific example of a book you want to read, and I'll coach you from there.

Posted By: Gapman Re: Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 09/06/01 06:45 PM
Hello Dana,
From your posting up above, I gather that you are saying that you also Dip when you Skitter? I was not aware of that. I thought that skittering was totally separate from Superreading & Dipping. So when I skitter, I am supposed to also dip? Please clarify this if I misinterpreted your post.
Thanks Dana.

Posted By: SDstudent Re: Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 09/08/01 02:56 AM
Dana,
I Preview by looking at the table of context and asking what I want from this text. For example, I photoread my Molecular Cell Biology about a zillion times. I need all most all of the material from the text especially the material highlighted in the lectures. I have rapid read, dipped and skittered before class and at night. I haven't had the text gel not even a bit. Sometimes, I just get frustrated and read the chapters. I wish I had someone to observe. I am just having a hard time getting this stuff out.

Regards,
SDstudent

quote:
Originally posted by Dana Hanson:
SDstudent,

First of all, you have the steps out of sequence. Second, the proper way to manually activate is to craft mind probing questions with your trigger words from your 8-minute Preview, and then begin SuperReading & Dipping, or Skittering & Dipping, so you can begin connecting your conscious mind with where all the material was absorbed in your other-than-conscious mind during the PR step. Build conscious comprehension from whole-to-parts, one layer at a time. Structure first, detail second.

Give me a specific example of a book you want to read, and I'll coach you from there.

[This message has been edited by SDstudent (edited September 07, 2001).]

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 09/11/01 04:07 PM
Gapman,

Yup, whether you're SuperReading or Skittering, when you're attracted to a part of the text, stop and Dip.

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 09/11/01 04:08 PM
SDstudent,

Give me a call when you have 5-10 minutes and I'll coach you on how to use PR on your molecular books. 800-735-8273.

Posted By: allenhm Re: Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 09/12/01 04:02 AM
SDstudent:
You indicated that you have the Mental Photography course by Subliminal Dynamics. My I ask you a few questions?

1. Did you have any success with the course?
2. Why did you purchase the PRWMS if the Mental Photography course is somewhat the same in the end results?
3. Have you thought of combining techniques from the two? and if so, which ones?
4. What steps or techniques did you find useful with each system, and which ones that you did not?

Posted By: ahdy2000 Re: Any San Diego Photoreaders? - 09/25/01 07:01 PM
well?

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement