Posted By: SDstudent Question about Photofocus. - 01/10/02 04:31 PM
1)I am little confused about photofocus. The course and book state that while you are in photofocus, you will not hard focus in on the words but you will see a clarity to them. Can someone explain this clarity? Are these words suppose to jump out at you like in a stereogram? When I photofocus, the words are blurry but I am able to keep the two pages in my field while seeing the blip page. I feel that I have soft eyes and that I am not straining them too much.

2) Also, some interesting happens to me in photofocus. If I look beyond the book towards my feet, I will see the blip page but the words are also very clear (meaning I can read them off.) However, when I look about 3-6 inches from the top of the book, the words are blurry and I also see the blip page. I am I doing it right? Which method should I use? Thanks in advance.

Posted By: Will2002 Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/10/02 05:34 PM
I justed started looking at stereograms. If you search Google for "stereograms" and then your can practice on those. I just pretend that whatever book I'm PRing is a stereogram. Just took a few hours to break the habit of cross-eyed PRing. And after you get into a rythm the words do become clearer. Which I kinda don't like cause it tempts me to read them so I always PR upside down and backwards. Hope that helps.

-Will

Posted By: Ann7822 Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/11/02 06:18 AM
Stereograms are great to work with - once you get the hang of seeing them, photo focusing is a snap!

You can find some here. Under "3D Images" part way down on the left. http://eyetricks.com/

Ann

Posted By: SDstudent Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/10/02 11:51 PM
So in photofocus, one can read the print if you want? I can see the blip just fine and stereograms are a snap, but I am not sure what I should be observing with the print. Is it okay for the print to be blurry?

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/11/02 03:57 PM
Yup. The print should be all blurry. After you PhotoRead and activate several books, the text will begin to get more and more clear.

Do not put hard focus on any word, sentence, or paragraph while flipping. Keep a soft gaze for all the printed text as "one chunk" of information. Imagine the transparent X from corner-to-corner to keep the left and right hemispheres of your brain connected. Use the closing affirmations from page 51 after you close the book.

Posted By: Del Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/11/02 04:30 PM
If a person can't see stereograms, will they still be able to photo read?

Posted By: Will2002 Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/12/02 04:25 PM
Yes you will be able to PR. Sterograms are just a way that I trained my eyes for PhotoFocus. Try to see you reflection in the monitor. Once you get the first couple you don't even need to see your reflection.

-Will

Posted By: Will Ho Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/13/02 03:15 AM
Dana,

When you say "the text will begin to get more and more clear." do you mean you understanding or you would see the text more clearly? If you start to see the text more clearly does it mean your conscious mind is also "seeing" taking you out of the accelerated learning state?

Thanks

Will Ho

Posted By: SDstudent Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/16/02 03:39 PM
That's one of my questions as well. What do you think Dana or Pete? Thanks in advance.

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/16/02 09:38 PM
The text will appear more and more clear.

Remember, while you are flipping those pages in step 3, your conscious mind is not processing any of it.

The activation techniques build conscious learning.

Posted By: SDstudent Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/22/02 07:12 AM
One more question, Dana or Pete, if you may.

Does it matter on how much "out of focus" the words are? Should you soft your gaze ever so lightly that the first sign of the words being blurry is the ideal photofocus? Or can you go slightly beyond that stage continuing to diverge your eyes? A little blurry vs. moderate blurriness (or even high blurrines). I hope the question is elucid. Thanks in advance.

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/22/02 11:50 PM
It doesn't really matter how out-of-focus the print appears. Each eye is taking in a clear picture individually. When you're in Photofocus, put one hand over one of your eyes and you'll see the print normally.

The key, really, is to keep that soft gaze for all the printed text as you turn a page per second in a steady rhythm and comfortable pace. Use the "4-3-2-1" chant. Give yourself the closing affirmations from page 51 of your PhotoReading book.

Posted By: SDstudent Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/23/02 12:18 AM
Thanks for the speedy reply, Dana. I tried covering my left eye and my right eye still sees blurry words (vice versa). I am placing the focal point about 4 inches from the top of the book to see the blip page. I also just try staring at the book until the words come blurry and then I cover my eye. Same result. Does this mean that I am doing something wrong? If I place my focal point after the book, then I will see the blip page, but I can also read the words off the page. Which way should I do it?

[This message has been edited by SDstudent (edited January 23, 2002).]

Posted By: SDstudent Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/23/02 03:23 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply, Dana. I tried covering my left eye and my right eye still sees blurry words (vice versa). I am placing the focal point about 4 inches from the top of the book to see the blip page. I also just try staring at the book until the words come blurry and then I cover my eye. Same result. Does this mean that I am doing something wrong? If I place my focal point after the book, then I will see the blip page, but I can also read the words off the page. Which way should I do it?
[This message has been edited by SDstudent (edited January 23, 2002).]

Posted By: Will2002 Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/23/02 05:22 PM
Like Dana said the more you do it the more clear the print will become. I started out doing photofocus cross-eyed and it started out blurry and after a few week became clear. Then I decided to try photofocus parallel-eyed (divergant eyes) it also started out blurry. But after doing many stereograms and photoreading sessions say about a week, the text became just as clear as with the cross-eyed way, and it is easier on my eyes now .

-Will

Posted By: SDstudent Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/24/02 05:08 PM
I am not sure if I am getting my point across. When I have my focal point 4 inches above the book, I see the blip page and the words appear blurry. I cover my left eye and the words are still blurry. When my focal point is through the book about a foot, I see the blip page and the words are clear (like I can read them if I focus in on it). When I cover my left eye and I can see the words clearly. Now, I am not sure if Dana is talking about this type clarity after using the system for awhile, but I feel that my conscious mind will try to focus in on the words. Sometimes, they pop right at me during the latter method. I have been photoreading for months now and I have no problem with stereograms.

Question 1: What I need to know is what method is best? Are they both okay? (I am worried about the second method where the conscious mind can read the words.)

Question 2: Does it matter where my focal point is? On top or through the book?

Question 3: Also, when trying the method where you notice the four corners, are you purposely defocusing the words or all that you need to concentrate on is the four corners, white space and X.

I hope this clears it up. Thanks for your help guys. I am getting closer and closer.

[This message has been edited by SDstudent (edited January 24, 2002).]

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/25/02 03:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SDstudent:
I am not sure if I am getting my point across. When I have my focal point 4 inches above the book, I see the blip page and the words appear blurry. I cover my left eye and the words are still blurry. When my focal point is through the book about a foot, I see the blip page and the words are clear (like I can read them if I focus in on it). When I cover my left eye and I can see the words clearly.

It really doesn't make any difference whether the words are clear or blurred. The print does not need to appear clear for the rod vision in your cornea to absorb all of the patterns of text at a glance.

quote:
Question 1: What I need to know is what method is best? Are they both okay? (I am worried about the second method where the conscious mind can read the words.)

Both are okay. Do not try to regular-read words while flipping pages. Hold a soft gaze for all the printed text as one "chunk" of information as you are flipping.

quote:
Question 2: Does it matter where my focal point is? On top or through the book?

Makes no difference. Use the one you are more comfortable with.

quote:
Question 3: Also, when trying the method where you notice the four corners, are you purposely defocusing the words or all that you need to concentrate on is the four corners, white space and X.

Purposely? No. If the words begin to appear clearly, that's alright. Just remember you are not supposed to stop flipping and start regular-reading when that happens.

Posted By: SDstudent Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/26/02 02:50 AM
Thanks Dana! I applaud you on your ongoing helpfulness. I appreciate the speedy and intelligent replies even though you might have heard the same type of questions a hundred times. Just understand that this only builds my confidence in the system. Thanks again.

Posted By: tes51 Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/27/02 06:36 AM
Hello Ann,

Is it better to work with Sterograms with your eye glasses on? Or does it really matter whether you're wearing your glasses or not?

quote:
Originally posted by Ann7822:
Stereograms are great to work with - once you get the hang of seeing them, photo focusing is a snap!

You can find some here. Under "3D Images" part way down on the left. http://eyetricks.com/

Ann

Posted By: youngprer Re: Question about Photofocus. - 01/26/02 09:10 PM
It does not matter whether or not you have glasses. I can tell you that much myself.

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement