Posted By: gelvecron my photoreading hypothesis - 02/01/02 04:01 AM
Does it matter if you don't read the book in a long time after you photoread it? I have still yet to successfully maintain the information that ive gathered from photoreading.

Posted By: smackem Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/01/02 04:03 AM
i've yet to even get it

i look at the pages turn by.

then try to activate and not a damn thing happens

Posted By: gelvecron Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/01/02 05:04 AM
Exactly! I thought i was the only 1. I think the only effective think about this process is everything besides the actual photoreading step.

Posted By: razordu30 Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/01/02 05:53 AM
To find out it's easy. Try to activate something without photoreading.

Please try it. I once saw a thread go on for like, days, because someone wanted to question it rather than try it, which was kind of stupid, since he could've found out for himself in an hour by actively trying to activate without the photoreading step.

I've tried it by accident and on purpose, and found that the photoreading step made a VERY big difference.

But don't question it. Try it. =)

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Posted By: Terry C Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/01/02 01:16 PM
I believe that the key is to use multiple activation steps. Multiple 30 minute activations.

The more books you PR the more the skills develop and are enhanced. If you only PR one book or two and expect to be able to know it front and back you did not pay much attention to the system as it was taught to you.

Don't take that as a slap to the face. Many poeple assume that all you have to do is PR a text or book and that they will automatically know it inside and out. WRONG!

The point of PRing a book is to get the text into your other than concious so it can help you with learning.

The combination of Photo Reading a book, super reading, skipping and dipping and all the other techniques in the Photo Rading system is to get the text ingrained so you know the information. The more you need to know say for a class or test the more activation sessions you will need.

Leave any step out and the learning process is weakened and the longer it will take to KNOW the book or text.

Remember that the Photo Reading system is a multiple pass program vs one pass systems.
Overall Photo Reading is faster, more efficient and does allow you to retain more information longer.

Many that have experience with other systems that have posted to this forum have stated that compared to thier existing skills with speed reding Photo Reading is slower. I say in response to this first impression is that at first it may seem so. You will actually need to build your skills by PRing multiple books a day, when your skills have developed more you will actually find that the Photo Reading system is faster and more efficient.

It takes time, don't get down on yourself if it doesn't happen for you right away. Not being able to do the dictionary test is common, if you can't see the blip page don't worry about it. There are other alternatives and are even exercises mentioned in previous posts to help with that.

If it doesn't work don't pull your hair out just come back to this board and read through the forum because your problem I am sure has been addressed previously.

Here is my sugestion to everyone that wants to learn a text seemingly over night. This will only work if you do all the steps repeatedly until you can accomplish your goal.

#1: do NOT create a goal that is out of reach!

#2: Use ALL the steps taught in the PR course and book including MIND MAPPING!

#3: PR 7-10 books on same or similar topics a day. Just as long as each day is the same topic

#4: Activate 2 or 3 books a day using at least 2-3 30 minute activation sessions per book. If time is an issue adapt this step according to your time frame.

#5: PR all steps including multiple activations until you know 80%+ of the material for books on Memory improvement, brain development, learning

#6: Use paraliminals every single day, memory super charger and personal genius are great

#7: do the affirmations before photo reading and after, chant while using the photo reading technique

#8: RELAX RELAX RELAX before all sessions and DO use the tangerine method

#9: If aspect of the course are confusing or are not working for you, go back and revist that section of the PR book and course again until you understand it and can do it.

#10: see #1 and do it all again!

It will NOT happen over night and belly aching about it won't change it. Only doing it again and again and again will you see effects! Get over it and JUST DO IT!

My two cents,

Terry

Posted By: newbie_c Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/01/02 02:50 PM
"Don't take that as a slap to the face. Many poeple assume that all you have to do is PR a text or book and that they will automatically know it inside and out. WRONG!"

that's what is suggested in the ads!!!

Posted By: Terry C Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/01/02 03:40 PM
Hi Newbe,

You have to use all the aspects of the program not just the Photo Reading technique by itself.

Can you do what is suggested in the ads? I don't know, many graduates have and do according to posts on this forum.

You have to use your own common sense when it comes to advertising, I never expected to be able to read as fast as pete in the infomercial from the get go. I expect to be able to get there or even be close to it but not over a 24 hour period and probably not for 6 months or even a year.

You have to understand that these skills do take time to develop and YOU must actually put into practice and use them.

I have a question. If at first you are not able to do something do you give up and say it doesn't work and that you can not do it?
Like cooking, riding a bike, math or anything that comes that is or maybe difficult to you?

Come on people, use your heads, think for a change. Like any skill out there you must develop it. If you do not or are not willing to put in the effort of course it will never work for YOU!

Is it possible to do what is shown in the ads? Yes.

Is it possible for you to do it?
I really do not know.

My suggestion and it is a suggestion only, is to go ahead and use the system, do everything it says to do then use it on 7-10 books a day for at elast 2 weeks and see how your skills develop. If it isn't working fast enough for you or you do not like the system after that period return it, there is a 30 day money back guarantee that is upgradable to 6 month money back guarantee.

If you bought the book and can't do it right away, don't worry many can't see the same results as fast with only the book and no audios or coaching. Most book stores have a week or so return policy, if not it only costs 16 bucks.

If you bought the course or took the seminar use the coaching that is available to you. Find out where you are having trouble and get help.

If you just aren't being able to automatically activate and do not see any evidence of info activating for you, how many activations did you do? Did you mind map? How many super reading and rapid readings did you do? Did you have a purpose for reading the book? Did you answer the questions you pre made up before photo reading the book? Did you prepare before photo reading, do the affirmations? What about the chanting id you do that? How long are you spending on each page?

I find making up questions for each chapter and mind mapping each chapter, section and entire book is incredible for activating. It all takes me less time than reading the book front to back regular reading.

So why is it not working for you? Tell me.
Just saying it doesn't work is not good enough. What are you actually doing and how are you doing it?

It is your life, make of it what you will, you are the one who must put into it to receive any value.

What can we do to help you? Please be specific with your questions so we can help you get specific results.

Thanks,

Terry

Posted By: Terry C Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/01/02 03:56 PM
I have to add here that when I speak of Photo Reading I am refering to one Technique in the Photo Reading program.

Specifically the mental imaging of text spending one to two seconds per page front to back of book then I again turn the book over and do the same from back to front.

The Photo Reading course has many techniques in it that allows you to activate the material conciously. For the system to work you MUST use ALL the techniques together and not just one aspect or technique.

Now with that in mind.

What can we help you with?

Posted By: gelvecron Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/01/02 05:23 PM
Well damn..I didn't know you would take it that offensive! I posted like 35 questions on this forum and i barely get any responses. Im specific on every last 1.. Why dont you have a look.

"Is it possible for you to do it?
I really do not know."

What the hell does that do? help me build up more self confidence?!? I guess I can't be mad at the responses I get cause this is the most feedback ive gotten so far.

I don't have any specific question..Just looking for some better techniques at photoreading. DAMn...I've been going at this since last December and have still yet to see any success. Im gettin frustrated with each attempt...Its like I cant even imagine the idea of recalling what I photoread. Just thought i was doing something wrong or waiting to long in between activation cause everyone else seems to be having a breeze.

Let Me Know...........

Posted By: Terry C Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/01/02 07:25 PM
Hi Gelvecron,

I did not take offense at all. I through in my ideas and hoped that they helped you and others.

Many people look at the program as a quick fix or expect to read 25,000 wpm from the get go. I guess I expanded and went onto a rant on that topic.

Basically what I meant when I said "if the program would work for you or not, I didn't know" was that it is up to you and how much effort you decide to put into it. Not that it would or would not work, for you specifically.

I am sorry if I can off a little strong or some may think preachy. I don't like to mix words I just jump into the middle and get to it.

Ok, back to YOUR specific questions. I find that the sooner you activate after the photo reading step is best. Paul says to wait at least 24 hours or a sleep period. I agree that is best. If you read a book say a year ago and want to re-activate just got through the steps again. Use multiple activation steps, or multiple 30 minute sessions.

For me if I am reviewing a book I haven't read in awhile I just start it as if I haven't read it before and go through the whole procedure again. It is faster with books you have read before because somewhere inside there is a memory of parts of the book that were read before. I have photo read about one hundred books so far and the ones I read previously even over 5 years ago I do get some automatic activation on.

Didn't mean to jump down your throat with previous posts, I get caught up in getting my message across and sometimes it comes off wrong. I try to post messages for a wide audience and not just for the person I am replying to, so take from what I post what works for you and leave the rest for others.

Am currently reading books on persuasion and influence topics. Will begin to incorporate what I learn into my writing so I don't come off so gruff in the future.

Thanks,

Terry

Posted By: razordu30 Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/01/02 08:15 PM
Thanks for your input Terry, I'm sure you'll provide valuable information to all.

One note though: though 24 hours is heavily suggested, I believe 20 minutes is the acceptable minimum.

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/01/02 08:43 PM
Yup, 20 minutes is just fine.

In most cases, you won't fully activate a book the same day you PhotoRead it, so you'll have a sleep session inbetween, where your inner mind can fully process the information.

Once you master the basics of the PhotoReading process, you can begin activating right away after the PhotoReading step #3.

Posted By: razordu30 Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/01/02 09:02 PM
Dana,

Does this mean that once we're experienced, we don't have to let it incubate anymore? Because if that's so, I could start saving a lot of time! =)

Posted By: not5150 Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/01/02 09:58 PM
Hello,

I have found the photoreading step very important to activation. I have tried to do activation w/o the photoreading step, but it just didn't feel right

Humphrey www.not5150.com

Posted By: razordu30 Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/01/02 10:29 PM
Oh no, I agree...I'm asking whether or not you can cut the incubation time down through practice (the 20 minute wait afterwards thing).

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/01/02 10:35 PM
Absolutely. I've found this to be most useful when considering whether or not to buy a book at a bookstore or put it right back on the shelf, after a quick PhotoRead and 3-5 minutes of activating.

Posted By: razordu30 Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/01/02 10:47 PM
The Ramon Challenge:

Okay, it's go time. =)

Not for anything, but I think I've gotten pretty competent at PRing. So, I'm setting up a new goal (let's consider this extensive playing with the system).

Since most of my material is "need to know everything" material, I always end up rapid reading. Occasionally, I SR&D. Also, I recently found that once you have the system down (I like to think that I do) you can cut the incubation time out. And so, the Ramon Challenge:

1) To PR and activate (using SR+D) a book in under 45 minutes. IOW, to spend only 45 minutes on a book and do at least 2 passes.
2) Bookstore simulation...no trigger words, no mindmaps...just me and the book.
3) Be able to simulate myself reviewing the book for New York Times (this is to roughly gauge my comprehension).

Other variations may include photoflipping instead of photoreading, and using that SR+D&Skitter&RapidRead activation technique I made up awhile back. If I get this down to under half an hour on a book that would normally take me 8 or 9, WHO NEEDS SPONTANEOUS ACTIVATION! =)

I'll test this sometime next week.

Dana, if this sounds totally unfeasible, save me some time, buddy. =)

[This message has been edited by razordu30 (edited February 01, 2002).]

Posted By: GenMagProfNagyJozsef Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/02/02 04:39 PM
That is a crap!
PhotoReading is the most important part. Your brain saves the pages and after that you will only read those pages, which are important for you. For that you have to be cool and you have to read. You must not wait for the important things, because you have to find them. If you try you will find them.
After a while you'll see you'll find them.
Joseph
quote:
Originally posted by gelvecron:
Exactly! I thought i was the only 1. I think the only effective think about this process is everything besides the actual photoreading step.

Posted By: DARWIN Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/02/02 09:52 PM
If you want my ideas on speed learning, do a search on >>DARWIN<< and click on November 23,2001 and look at Nov 25,2001.

[This message has been edited by DARWIN (edited February 02, 2002).]

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/05/02 06:03 AM
Razor,

That's totally feasible. Be willing to invest the necessary amount of time to hit the "Gel Point" on each book.

Since Photoflipping is merely the PhotoReading step #3 at a much faster pace, you will absorb all of the patterns of text just the same, using Photofocus.

Keep us posted with your progress!

Posted By: FraserB Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/05/02 11:52 AM
Wow,

This seems to be a hot topic - just thought I'd put my two pennies worth in aswell.

I have not been practising photoreading as often as I would like and have lapsed somewhat, but I do remember some months ago wanting to read up on Mind Maps. I knew I had photoread the book a couple of times, but probably over 12 months previously.

Either by sheer fluke or perhaps more likely from photoreading I decided on a particular area and turned to the exact chapter where I needed to gain the information. That was one of those WOW experiences that many of the newer photoreaders experience.

So basically what I am saying is that it does not appear to matter how long you leave it before you again need to access certain information, subconsiously it is always available - it just takes that little nudge to bring it up to the surface again.

Hope this helps.

Fraser

Posted By: Mr.Winkle Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/05/02 04:56 PM
Doe's make a difference what time of the day you pr the material? I mean I've only done it at the ending of the day cause thats when I prefer to read normally but then I'm also not fully alert at this time. Should I try it like in the morning when I'm fully awake or nearing my bedtime?

Posted By: razordu30 Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/05/02 05:39 PM
Sure, it could do it. Whenever your brain is tired it'll act all sorts of poopy, so I'd just use the system whenever your head is pretty clear.

I made the mistake of using coffee to do this; you'll always be a little jittery with coffee, and you'll never be quite as relaxed as you should be.

Posted By: Terry C Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/06/02 07:17 AM
I want to agree with and add to what FraserB
stated with activation of material read months or even years before.

I have successfully activated spontaneously portions of books I have read 10 and even 15 years ago. So it is true that the length of time after reading anything does not seem to matter that much. I was able to also know exactly where in the books and articles to look for the information I needed to further expand on. The human mind is fantastic!

Also for Mr Wrinkles I use supplementation added to my diet that help to reintroduce nutrients to the body and brain. This does help ALOT! MEMTAB from nutrition for life Int. is a fanatastic product though you can find similar products from many other companies that are equally as good. Stay away or limit caffene and drink lots of fluids, keep hydrated.

Exercise helps also, if you photoread a book then activate it and take a break and go and exercise, run or jug, lift weights yoga, doing something active does help as well.

Pay attention to the times of day that you are most alert and photoread during those periods.

Lots of success,

Terry

Posted By: Kaiden Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/07/02 03:21 AM
OK, there is a natural tendancy to doubt what others say in this forum in favor of PhotoReading, due to Cognotive Dissonance. The course costs a little over $250, if I remember right, and for that kind of money it had BETTER work. The success stories may just be people's ways of assuring themselves that they haven't wasted all their money.

Let me tell you why I am willing to risk that kind of money on PhotoReading. This September, I had an experience with a book. I was able to see the whole page all at once, read every word on it in a second, and understand it. I took the bits and peices that I'd "eaten" in bites of 7 plus or minus 2 and suddenly saw the BIG PICTURE of the book. I was too shocked to stay with it and read the whole book, just a few pages and my excitement mounted as I realized I could have understanding at that level.

Author and philosopher Robert Anton Wilson calls the above state "Neuroelectric awareness," which in his schema is the "Sixth Circuit" of awareness. Most people only activate the first four terrestial circuits. My experience with the Sixth was extrememly fleeting, but it let me know that there was a way of understanding a book as a whole, rather than as parts, and understanding it BETTER than someone who reads it like a computer looking through a sequential access file. I don't think that PhotoReading can put me back in that state, but what it can do is allow the preconcious processor to actually see the book.

Another book I would recommend, just for a foot note, is "The Emperor's New Mind." No, it's not a self-help book, but rather a criticism of the idea of AI. One of the sections mentions the actual structure of the brain, and shows an interesting phenominon known as "blindsight." This happened to a person who had brain damage in the primary visual cortex, creating a small blind spot. When an object was placed into this blind spot, he could not SEE it. However, if someone asked him to guess what the object was, he could guess with a high degree of accuracy. Something other than his conscious mind was able to understand the visual information that his concious mind could not. With training, he was able to improve his accuracy to 100%, if I remember correctly.

There is a similer story in the book "Natural Brilliance," (which is a self-help book), dealing with a PhotoReader with stroke-induced alexia. He couldn't read anything, but he could still PhotoRead. After a few months, he was able to re-wire his brain to actually do normal reading again. His visual cortex was still just as damaged, but he bypassed it by strengthening what was already there.

Hope this encourages you to keep on chugging.

Posted By: gelvecron Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/15/02 06:28 AM
well 1 of the problems ive been having is with the superreading and dipping part...It feels like i'm just reviewing the book that ive never read. I get no feelings of recognition or anything so when im through nothing real changes. This leads me to believe that im doing something wrong or there is an extra step that i don't know about.. Can someone let me know?

[This message has been edited by gelvecron (edited February 14, 2002).]

Posted By: youngprer Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/15/02 01:35 AM
How fast are you reading through the text when dipping, and SuperReading?

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: my photoreading hypothesis - 02/15/02 04:07 PM
The key to getting the most out of each 30-minute activation pass of SuperReading & Dipping, is to craft several Mind Probing questions beforehand with the key words and phrases you wrote down during your 6-minute Preview of the whole book.

How many Mind Probing questions are you creating before SuperReading & Dipping?

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement