Posted By: jonah Listening multiple times to Photo Reading - 02/02/02 04:11 PM
To anyone on the forum:

If you were telling others about PR, would you advise them to just listen to the whole course one time thru and then to listen AND DO the course a couple of days later And then, for about three to six months, give a periodic listen (1-2x month).

I would recommend they just do the course when they get a chance.

10 hours at a clip is hard. Besides, after you photoread for the first time I think it's better than whoever's studying it let it incubate overnight.

It took me about a week to finish it, and I think that if they follow everything correctly, it's adaquate to only go through the tapes one time.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Since Ramon is disagreeing with people in other posts...

I heartily recommend multiple listenings to the tapes. Learning to Photoread using the PLC is like activating a book. It happens in layers. There is information in the tapes that means little or nothing to you on the first pass through the tapes (especially if you were listening to the tapes and thinking..."OK, when is he going to get to the good stuff? Where is this Photoreading step?"). As you gain experience, other things that Paul says begin to make sense. In four listenings, I've picked up something new each time (of course, maybe I'm just dense...)

Posted By: tracey Re: Listening multiple times to Photo Reading - 02/06/02 02:08 AM
Actually, it's recommended on the tapes (or in the guide) to listen to it multiple times for the layering effect.

I would recommend multiple listenings. You hear things that you weren't listening too because you were to busy concentrating on things like tangerine technique and forgot the 321 technique or something.

-Will

Awright, when I'm wrong I'm wrong.

I guess I got caught up in the "don't try to listen to it all at once" deal and somehow I made the jump to not listening multiple times. Don't know how, maybe I have to stay off the nose candy...

...you know...vaseline.

But anyhoo, yeah, I suppose I'll retract my previous comment and say three cheers for multiple listenings.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com ("I am so smart...I am so smart...s-m-r-t..I mean S-M-A-R-R-T")

Posted By: jonah Re: Listening multiple times to Photo Reading - 02/06/02 03:49 PM
Thanks for all the replies.

I would agree with most of the above points. I think that by listening to the tapes multiple times you are in a sense super-reading and dipping - each pass provides you with more information.

I think that you also can use this when you want to listen to a specific area. Listening to the tapes months or even years after you start in conjunction with the book should definately help those times when you think "Do I really understand this ? Am I really doing it right......"

I know I have "lapsed" many times and started from scratch. Each time I listen to the tapes I seem to get more of the questions right - sort of a reasurrance thing !

Fraser

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement