Posted By: Majin Cheeto Help with PhotoReading! Thanks! - 03/06/02 03:33 AM
Ok, I listened to tape 1 so far (I didn't go any further obviously, because I didn't fully understand tape 1, which is why I'm coming here). There's some sort of problem I'm having with getting the right focus on what I'm about to read. When I stare at the center of the dictionary like the tape said to (with a "soft gaze"), all of the words blur out and I can't see anything. I'll have to end up holding the book right in front of my face to focus the words into view, but then I'll be unable to see the corners and edges of the book. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Posted By: Majin Cheeto Re: Help with PhotoReading! Thanks! - 03/06/02 03:48 AM
Oh yes, and what happens if you have a small case of double vision? Because I have double vision when I look at really close objects and I'm wondering if this will make PR harder for me.

Posted By: allenhm Re: Help with PhotoReading! Thanks! - 03/06/02 04:39 AM
Majin:
It's ok if the words are blurry. remember, the subconscious mind will see them as patterns and rather quite clearly too. Trust your subconscious! it will make heads or tails of the words.

Posted By: youngprer Re: Help with PhotoReading! Thanks! - 03/06/02 02:35 PM
"Don't worry if the words are blurry, your mind will take a clear photograph."

Posted By: Mastermind Re: Help with PhotoReading! Thanks! - 03/06/02 04:09 PM
Your brain has one of those funny lookin cameras that automatically focus and the lots of older people have, while your eyes are the manual camera type that just got out of the shop and they didnt quite get all the sand out of the focus/viewfinder so its all slow and blurry.

Posted By: Majin Cheeto Re: Help with PhotoReading! Thanks! - 03/06/02 07:53 PM
How do I fix it? Hehe. Oh, and even though I didn't completely get the dictionary photoreading session down, do you suggest that I move onto the next tapes?

[This message has been edited by Majin Cheeto (edited March 06, 2002).]

Posted By: Mastermind Re: Help with PhotoReading! Thanks! - 03/06/02 08:48 PM
you want it to be blurry, when you can focus on the letters your awake (I didnt wana risk the spelling) brain will be used, you dont want that when you are doing this.

Posted By: Majin Cheeto Re: Help with PhotoReading! Thanks! - 03/06/02 09:04 PM
And how am I supposed to know what I'm reading while I'm reading it? Or can I just magically recall everything that I read somehow? If so, how?

Posted By: Mastermind Re: Help with PhotoReading! Thanks! - 03/06/02 10:00 PM
no, you atleast need to wait 20 min before activating. Later you ask yourself mind probing questions. Its not magical at all, it takes work.

Posted By: Majin Cheeto Re: Help with PhotoReading! Thanks! - 03/07/02 03:25 AM
I see, I see. Another question: what am I supposed to be looking for while I'm actually PhotoReading? Am I just supposed to flip the pages without having any idea whats happening in the material? If so then I think I got this down, except for the activation part. Heh. I can't seem to do it, or seem to know when I'm actually activated. Can someone help on this subject? Thanks.

Posted By: FraserB Re: Help with PhotoReading! Thanks! - 03/07/02 01:48 PM
I think you are worrying too much about what you can and can't do.

Move onto the next tape. As you go through the course, each aspect becomes clearer, and is explained in more depth.

You will photoread 2 more books during the course, before you even try other material. One of the things you are taught is "Notice It, Play with it, Stay with it" ie just notice the feelings you are getting and keep photoreading. As you photoread more books you will become more proficient and even find your own way of activating material (based on the teachings in the course).

Why not listen to all of the tapes once to get the general gist of the course, then start again. Alternatively, you can listen to a particular tape more than once if you do not fully understand the concept on the first pass.

Hope this helps.

Fraser

Posted By: youngprer Re: Help with PhotoReading! Thanks! - 03/07/02 10:57 PM
Do not worry about the results until you have fully completed the course. Afterward, come back here later on if you're asking yourself, "Am I doing this correctly?" We'll tell you the answer.

(I took that quote from the PR book. )

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement