Posted By: dhoffman9 Reeedin - 05/31/02 01:51 PM
I have a question. While I am sure PR will teach 100% comprehension by scent alone, I was reading about subvocalization. One "salesman" said it's very bad, slows you down, and should not be part of rapid reading. Another said to encourage subvocalization for increased stuff. What is the correct way to go? -Assuming subvocalization is the incomprehensible subvocalization way in the back of your mind: Concerning only processes w "traditional reading".

Thank you,
David

Posted By: Hel Re: Reeedin - 05/31/02 02:29 PM
It definitely slows down reading, compared to being able to read visually without subvocalization.

Posted By: greenlizard Re: Reeedin - 05/31/02 02:52 PM
Do you subvocalize when you look at a picture? Rapid reading without subvocalizing I find becomes like looking at a picture- the other than conscious mind still picks up all the info.

Posted By: youngprer Re: Reeedin - 05/31/02 07:02 PM
Subvocalization is an issue that has been talked about on this board on and off ever since the beginning of PhotoReading's existence, as well as the knowledge of speed reading.

Perhaps there could be something addressed in this with something like a 4th Edition of the book, or maybe just some kind of insight from LSC.

I think that it really does not matter. I don't really use it, and with PR, you eventually get to a point where not much acitvation is necessary anyway.

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement