Posted By: krisk So you can photoread...... - 07/05/02 08:04 PM
So you can photoread. What do you read/learn with it?

Posted By: astrowill Re: So you can photoread...... - 07/06/02 05:53 AM
Well today I read I Never Promised You a Rose Garden by Joanne Greenberg. Total time: 90 min.

Posted By: astrowill Re: So you can photoread...... - 07/06/02 05:58 AM
Well today I read I Never Promised You a Rose Garden by Joanne Greenberg. Total time: 90 min.

Posted By: razordu30 Re: So you can photoread...... - 07/06/02 06:20 AM
I read Halo: Fall of Reach a couple weeks ago in about 2 hours =/

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Posted By: AlexK Re: So you can photoread...... - 07/06/02 02:26 PM
I read whatever I want Yesterday I read Flight of the Phoenix, Think like a genius and book 3 from the Harry Potter series

Alex

Posted By: youngprer Re: So you can photoread...... - 07/10/02 12:43 AM
quote:
Originally posted by AlexK:
I read whatever I want Yesterday I read Flight of the Phoenix, Think like a genius and book 3 from the Harry Potter series

Alex

Blagh! HP? Nasty!! Ewww! I hate Harry.

Oh. . .better stay on topic. My best time was Battlefield of the Mind, by Joyce Meyer. Time: 45 mins

Einstien Factor by Win Wenger:56 mins

Mind Over Matter, by Loyd Auerbach:74 mins

The Giver, by Lois Lowry:Pricless.

There's somethings reading can't. . .wait. . .no.

People need to stop asking. Just buy the thing. If you're unsatisfied with it, return it within 30 days, or ask for the extended money back garentee.

Posted By: AlexK Re: So you can photoread...... - 07/10/02 02:13 PM
youngprer,

I was surprised to learn that the Harry Potter books were written by a kiwi and book 5 is being read in their schools this year

Alex

Posted By: ulysses Re: So you can photoread...... - 07/11/02 05:08 AM
AlexK,

I just PR'd the second Harry Potter book, Chamber of Secrets, and am about to do the third, so I'd like a little advice.

I'm a relative newbie to the system. Have worked my way through the full course, once, then gave up because I found it too demanding, but returned to it recently and have just started PR'ing novels and non-fiction with an attitude of fun, to see what happens.

How long did it take you to do the Prisoner of Azkaban? I spent ten minutes previewing Chamber of Secrets, PR'd it, then did a Superread with lots of dipping, then a few more Rapid Reading sessions. Total, about 2 hours. I do feel I know the book now, but I'm obviously still very slow and too reliant on Rapid Reading. (For previewing, I just took out character and place names really). This was over the space of 5 days, just picking up the book whenever I had a spare ten minutes.

What was your approach to the Harry Potter book?

Thanks.

ulysses, uk.

Posted By: Mastermind Re: So you can photoread...... - 07/10/02 09:21 PM
The Illiad, by Homer (booooring)
The Spanish/English Dictionary
and today (in afew min) The Oath, by Frank Peretti

Posted By: youngprer Re: So you can photoread...... - 07/11/02 12:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mastermind:
The Illiad, by Homer (booooring)
The Spanish/English Dictionary
and today (in afew min) The Oath, by Frank Peretti

Ah, yes. I need to look into doing the Spanish/English Dictionary, because I'm taking Spanish all throughout highschool.

Posted By: Neo-Matrix Re: So you can photoread...... - 07/11/02 02:36 AM
i liked The Giver. nice book. man i gotta read that again... you guys are better at this than i thought.

Posted By: AlexK Re: So you can photoread...... - 07/11/02 01:08 PM
ulysses, It took me about 2 hours.

In the past to regular read a book like that would have taken me 10 hours. I know since I rarely read novels because I don't put the book down and would be reading 10 hours straight. I find my reading speed for novels just right since it like watching a movie and that takes about 2 hours. I wouldn't use the complete system on a novel (unless its one I've been asked to read that I'm not really interested in) I just PR the book, the do a post view to see if I can identify the main characters, theme, location and some idea of the storyline. Then just rapid read. Some pages get turned quickly and others I spend more time on.

For the book Timeline I drew a mind map to check afterwards how well I postviewed. I impressed myself. I found out what the book was about, would have been able to give the feed back to someone challenging me in about 15 minutes. Because after Photoreading it I was able to identify all the main characters, the theme of the book, what era and location the book was set. I know that for more details I could have just used the activation techniques and probably had enough comprehension out of the book in about 1 hour but instead settled down for a rapid read that took me 3.5 hours. Since I rapid read the book I know that my brother would enjoy it.

Alex

Posted By: ulysses Re: So you can photoread...... - 07/14/02 11:21 AM
Many thanks for that, Alex. I'm surprised you mindmapped it, though. I thought that would be the first stage to be dropped when PRing novels.

I'll give your system a try and see if it works for me.

Cheers.

Ulysses, UK.

Posted By: youngprer Re: So you can photoread...... - 07/14/02 06:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Neo-Matrix:
i liked The Giver. nice book. man i gotta read that again... you guys are better at this than i thought.

That book, actually, I didn't PR. I just normal read it over a period of about 5 1/2 hours one night a couple years ago.

Posted By: Mastermind Re: So you can photoread...... - 07/14/02 11:06 PM
I liked that book too, but I really didnt understand the end when I read it, its kinda leaves off. I read that book about five times (along with To Kill A Mockingbird) because you get something new everytime you read those books.

I do PR alot of Shakespear.

Posted By: AlexK Re: So you can photoread...... - 07/15/02 06:55 AM
ulysses, normally yes we'd skip mind mapping a book initally I did it for the heck of it to see what I knew about the book before I actually read it. For the mind map of the novel I looked for 4 key things that usually are in a novel. Characters, Location, Era, theme and general story line.

I did this so that I could recognise what I knew already before I started reading. Sort of proving just how effective the photoreading stage is even for a novel.

Alex

Posted By: buddhatop Re: So you can photoread...... - 01/31/04 11:05 AM
I have a question regarding photoreading novels. Do you guys lose some of the details when you photoread a novel? I still don't fully understand photoreading. I just started photoreading and I did two books, Einstien Factor and Sedonna Method. So far it seems like I get a general understanding of the books, but I don't think I can remember smaller details. I haven't started any novels yet but from my impression of what I experience, I'll probably get the plot and themes, but will I be able to remember details like descriptions of characters, landscape, etc?

Posted By: AlexK Re: So you can photoread...... - 01/31/04 11:34 AM
I found I'm getting more details as a benefit of photoreading. When you use the system as guided then you'll have at the very least the same level of comprehenion or even better.

The biggest mistake beginners seem to make is cutting the activation short before meeting their purpose. Often just one more 30 mintue pass will bring the whole thing together but they don't realise that they can go for more detail if they want that.

If it's general you want, then you stop when you have that. If it's more detail that you want, do extra passes until you get the detail that you want. If you find yourself spending more time with a book chances are you are collecting more details that you would not have picked up with one regular read as well.

Alex

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement