Posted By: MarkP4 Reading Genius. - 07/17/02 05:50 AM
I didn't try this course last year because of some comments made here. Out of complete frustration I ordered it figuring I could return it if it didn't work out.

A couple months ago me and 2 others chipped in on the PR course and it's funny that the worst reader out of all 3 of us love it, and me and the other, my sister in law who is the fastest reader I've ever met, can't really get it to work. She said to me,"This is just a collection of reading stuff taken from other books. So what if it doesn't work. Just make your own collection of stuff." I wish I had her attitude when I was still in college. She's right. I've been so stupid. I've been trying to get a certain synergistic collection of reading techniques to work because I was turned on my the whole concept.

Anyway, I think I'm just built to read everything. When I go to a buffet, I have the same attitude, I don't want to miss anything. They have to roll me out.

As much as I wanted PR to work for me, it doesn't. I got Reading Genius yesterday morning and I called in sick then and today and went through it twice and it really did blow me away. I guess if the PR steps work for you, then that's the right combination of synergistic material and you can just run. For me it wasn't. To each his own I guess.

Well, I guess I'm kicked off the forum. My swan song is this, if one thing doesn't work, change your approach. See ya!

I may appear on the Genius Code forum, I think I will get that one.

Posted By: astrowill Re: Reading Genius. - 07/16/02 06:36 PM
No, please stay. Tell us how RG differs from PR.

Posted By: allenhm Re: Reading Genius. - 07/16/02 08:11 PM
Reading Genius was the first reading course that I still own and purchased along with Subliminal Dynamics/Mental Photograghy, and PhotoReading. I never made it past the first tape in the Reading Genius course because of the visualizing exercise whereas you're suppose to twist the trunk of your body around and visualize that you are a helicopter blade. That did it for me, meaning, I shelved the program. I can't visualize in my mind that way and it seemed rather stupid and un-necessary. What does that have to do with learning to read faster???!!!!.

Posted By: Margaret Re: Reading Genius. - 07/16/02 08:48 PM
allenhm
where have you been hiding???

Posted By: allenhm Re: Reading Genius. - 07/16/02 09:19 PM
Hello Margaret my dear . I check in periodically, drop my two cents in, and jump out. I'm never hiding but always lurking around. The new young PR'ers are doing an excellent job and are providing superb comments to those who are struggling and having problems.

Posted By: youngprer Re: Reading Genius. - 07/17/02 12:52 AM
quote:
Originally posted by allenhm:
Hello Margaret my dear .

Maybe it's ancient history, but what is the deal between you two?

READING GENIUS?! HA HA HA! SUCKER!

(Search the archives for 'Can Jedi PhotoRead?::Part II)

Posted By: MarkP4 Re: Reading Genius. - 07/17/02 05:21 AM
I read that and it sounds like you're comparing one sales pitch to another, not one course to another. They are nothing alike, at all.

Sucker? Your damn right I am.

They are nothing alike at all. Whoever said that has not done both of them. 1% is taken from the PR course, that's about it. Most of it is ripped off of Tony Robbins so if anyone has a compaint, it's him, not PR. I like NLP but there ain't much of it in PR, there's a ton of it in RG.

RG is based on music and emotion. It's like putting yourself through a mini seminar or movie with each book. I f***ing dig it.

Besides, it's not like you have to do one or the other, you could combine them. Geeze.

Posted By: youngprer Re: Reading Genius. - 07/17/02 12:32 PM
I'm not comparing one sales pitch to another. I took one of their speed reading tests that shows "just how much I need" RG. I scored above what they would see is the "you need to buy this" speed.

On their old website, they had seven books, saying "Read all 7 of these in a week!"

With PhotoReading, you can surpass that by God knows how many exponents.

Posted By: x Re: Reading Genius. - 07/18/02 05:21 AM
Mark, you know my attitude already. If it works for you, by all means use it! There is more than one way to skin a cat.

I hope the Reading Genius course works better for you than PR did. Drop in sometime and tell us how you're progressing with it...

Posted By: MarkP4 Re: Reading Genius. - 07/18/02 05:30 AM
-With PhotoReading, you can surpass that by God knows how many exponents.-

I couldn't. I got in 8 hours with RG what I couldn't get in 2 years with PR. What am I supposed to do? Do you think I wanted to have PR not work? I used it to death for 4 semesters and I got 70%s. I used it on every book I wanted to read and put the books down knowing maybe 10-20 ideas from them. That's not reading to me. I think I like RG because you actually read, you don't just assume you already know stuff, which is exactly what a "hunch" is. It's identical to a presupposition or an assumption. A book "gels" when you already know half of it to begin with and you actually read the other half. Funny how books above your level of intelligence just don't gel. Funny how it only "works" on nonfiction. Am I the only person in history to say "wait a minute, my "speed" is dictated by how much I don't actually read." So if I read a book and bounce over 90% of it, can I really say I read it? I think the difference between this working or not is the level of knowledge you're willing to accept and I ain't taking it. "The whole book is in your nonconscious mind!" Great, but I can't get it without reading it all over again. If there's a million dollars on the top of Mt Everest that's just as useful to me as a book in my subcon somewhere because I can't get it. Wait, I forgot, I need to ask questions in order to get it. But if I just start reading, answers to questions I would have never even dreamed up will just be there in black and white. What if I ask a question and then my inner mind doesn't give me that "signal" to stop and dip on something? What if this happens frequently? How would you ever figure this out? You probably never would. I did though.

I photoread and activated the Eistein factor book and then just read it normally. I spent probably an hour a day for a week reading the whole thing. It was so cool and 95% of it was completely new to me even after layering it to death with PR. What am I supposed to do? What am I supposed to say? Reading is reading and screwing around is screwing around.

"You do not understand the system." I understand that placebo's work over 30% of the time.

I also understand that if you get the book and it doesn't work they tell you to get the tapes and if the tapes don't work then they tell you to take the seminar and at the seminar they try to sell you the tapes.

Posted By: MarkP4 Re: Reading Genius. - 07/18/02 05:49 AM
X

That wasn't directed at you. You posted right before I did.

Posted By: youngprer Re: Reading Genius. - 07/18/02 03:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by MarkP4:
-With PhotoReading, you can surpass that by God knows how many exponents.-

I couldn't. I got in 8 hours with RG what I couldn't get in 2 years with PR. What am I supposed to do? Do you think I wanted to have PR not work? I used it to death for 4 semesters and I got 70%s. I used it on every book I wanted to read and put the books down knowing maybe 10-20 ideas from them. That's not reading to me. I think I like RG because you actually read, you don't just assume you already know stuff, which is exactly what a "hunch" is. It's identical to a presupposition or an assumption. A book "gels" when you already know half of it to begin with and you actually read the other half. Funny how books above your level of intelligence just don't gel. Funny how it only "works" on nonfiction. Am I the only person in history to say "wait a minute, my "speed" is dictated by how much I don't actually read." So if I read a book and bounce over 90% of it, can I really say I read it? I think the difference between this working or not is the level of knowledge you're willing to accept and I ain't taking it. "The whole book is in your nonconscious mind!" Great, but I can't get it without reading it all over again. If there's a million dollars on the top of Mt Everest that's just as useful to me as a book in my subcon somewhere because I can't get it. Wait, I forgot, I need to ask questions in order to get it. But if I just start reading, answers to questions I would have never even dreamed up will just be there in black and white. What if I ask a question and then my inner mind doesn't give me that "signal" to stop and dip on something? What if this happens frequently? How would you ever figure this out? You probably never would. I did though.

I photoread and activated the Eistein factor book and then just read it normally. I spent probably an hour a day for a week reading the whole thing. It was so cool and 95% of it was completely new to me even after layering it to death with PR. What am I supposed to do? What am I supposed to say? Reading is reading and screwing around is screwing around.

"You do not understand the system." I understand that placebo's work over 30% of the time.

I also understand that if you get the book and it doesn't work they tell you to get the tapes and if the tapes don't work then they tell you to take the seminar and at the seminar they try to sell you the tapes.

You're a fool. Sorry, but you are. If your attitude is, "I can't get it out of my subconscious mind, even though it's already in there." You DON'T understand the system. It's obvious just by the way you describe it. You have no idea what you're saying.

And with LSC - they didn't do that whole thing with me. They told me how to become successful with the system just from the book. Their advice worked. All they said about anything else is, "If you want to see the differences, there is likely even more benefits you can get from trying the personal learning course, and the seminar." They didn't say, "Oh, you're failing with it? GO TAKE THE $700 SEMINAR! Muhahaha."

You're following exactly what RG's website has said about PR. Know what it has said? FALSE CLAIMS. Ed Strachar visited a PR seminar, and he refuses to talk about it. Reading Genius involves pointless excersises that you must do in order to actually say you're doing it. PR is just as easy as getting a book, and being able to go anywhere with it.

Not only that, but RG has an obvious limit. PhotoReading doesn't. You think Pete, or any of the other PhotoReaders who have been doing it for years could be as good with RG if they had done it the same amount of time? It's not practical.

You don't bounce over 90% of it.

Want to know something else? I normal read a lot of Einstien Factor too! I missed probably a little less than 8%. You can use the system, and comprehend, retain all of the information better than normal methods, along with getting in done in no slower needed than a third of the time.

I'm sorry that you've turned to the darkside.

Posted By: MarkP4 Re: Reading Genius. - 07/18/02 04:59 PM
-If your attitude is, "I can't get it out of my subconscious mind, even though it's already in there." You DON'T understand the system.-

I do understand that after I PR/Act a book all I know is what I dipped on. I'll ask you again, what am I supposed to after only getting bits and peices out of the books I read? When I actually add Mind Mapping my reading pace is slower than half of Evelyn Woods and my comprehension is only of that that I actually read through dipping.

-Ed Strachar visited a PR seminar, and he refuses to talk about it. -

He obviously also took MegaSpeedreading, all the other speedreading courses and Tony Robbins. Since you brought it up Paul attended a Subliminal Dynamics seminar. Photoreading is just a collection of reading techniques taken from other courses and books, it's steps are just renamed speedreading techniques, all sold as a separate "System." It obviously works for you but I can't get it to work. Saying that I don't "understand" someone elses collection of bootlegged reading techniques isn't saying anything bad about me. The fastest thing that works for me is Photoreading, oops, Mental Photography then Speedreading. As soon as I find out who the first person was to coin the phrase and teach it, I'll start calling it by it's real name so I can give credit where it's due.

You don't like RG because it's just speedreading and NLP exercises focused on reading. I understand that, who cares if my formula doesn't do it for you, it probably only works for me.

The 'false claims' you are referring to are the 25,000 wpm and "better comprehension" and all that and I can relate to that but I'm not saying it from a stand point of opinion, I've actually been through them both.

By the way, Ed used the Subliminal Dynamics course as his model for Reading Genius, NOT the Photoreading Course. He just added NLP and music to it. Should Ed be nicer on his sight, I think so. He should also be honest.

Here's an outline of the Subliminal Dynamics course as posted by SD student here around 6 months ago... (I'm paraphrasing)

1- Read book upside down and backwards 3 times as fast as you can
2- Speedread- pick out trigger words as you read the page from top to bottom
3- Ask and answer questions like an exam
4- Take a verbal exam by a friend
5-Look at the front cover of the book as a trigger for your uncon mind
6-Write about the book
7-Emotions- use feeling to stir up answers
8- Image Stream- or Vivid Mind Pictures

Supposedly all of this here did not work for the Creator or Photoreading or Reading Genius, they made their own way, and sold it.

If you say something bad about RG then it also applies to PR. Even though technically they should be similar, they are as different as night and day. RG doesn't copy anything from PR, it follows NLP.

-I'm sorry that you've turned to the darkside.-

All I'm doing is speedreading with the PR step still. If I'm going to overlook something I don't need, I'll at least scan it so I know for sure. I'm probably not doing anything dissimilar than you are, I'm just skipping the foreplay.

You know the funny thing is and I noticed this with diet book authors, once someone sells and idea they then have to defend it. And they can never change their mind or the people who bought it will get mad because they think they were lied to. You and I don't have to do that though, we can continuously read and change things around. Even though Dana gets and income and probably has a better job than any of us will ever have, he can't say anything outside of the PR guidelines. He can't say "well if you just want to read then just read and get the h*ll out of here!"

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: Reading Genius. - 07/19/02 05:46 AM
Remember, kids, confusion is the prime indicator that learning is taking place.

I choose to follow Paul Scheele's motto: "There is no failure, only feedback."

We appreciate you sharing your feedback as you continue forward on your learning path.

Neuro Linguistic Programming is part of the foundation which makes PhotoReading possible, along with pre-conscious processing and accelerated learning. The sources are listed in the bibliography of the "how-to" PhotoRead book.

Email me for a free copy of the "History of PhotoReading" article. DanaH@LearningStrategies.com

The overall objective of Reading Genius is to overwhelm your "whole mind" so your regular reading speed goes up.

If you are seeing results with the Reading Genius approach, great! Keep using it. But keep in mind, it is human nature to seek out and adopt the easiest, most effective way to do things, which is how all of us have evolved onto this forum and the PhotoReading system.

Good luck! =D

Posted By: youngprer Re: Reading Genius. - 07/19/02 04:03 AM
My fellow Jedi. . .do not be seduced by the darkside of the Force. It is appearant that Mark has turned, and has become a Sith.

The darkside is the quick and easy way, but not the more powerful. Always remember this.

25,000WPM is not a false claim. They say you can "PhotoRead at 25,000WPM." Guess what? That's true. You just can't normal read that fast. Sorry, Mark, but you didn't get them.

"I do understand that after I PR/Act a book I only know what I dipped on."

Egh! Wrong. You know all of the material.

Oh, and PR. . .it's not a placebo.

-youngprer

[This message has been edited by youngprer (edited July 18, 2002).]

Posted By: P. Brain Re: Reading Genius. - 07/23/02 07:01 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Dana Hanson:
Remember, kids, confusion is the prime indicator that learning is taking place.

I choose to follow Paul Scheele's motto: "There is no failure, only feedback."

The overall objective of Reading Genius is to overwhelm your "whole mind" so your regular reading speed goes up.

If you are seeing results with the Reading Genius approach, great! Keep using it. But keep in mind, it is human nature to seek out and adopt the easiest, most effective way to do things, which is how all of us have evolved onto this forum and the PhotoReading system.

Sorry Dana, I don't agree with you. Reading MarkP4's story is like my PR-biography!

I took the course, bought and read the book, followed every step, used some tapes and still can't get it to work.

"There is no failure, only feedback" is one of the NLP presuppositions. To continue in this line of thought: if a strategy doesn't work, change it and do something else until it works...

I started using PR for Direct Learning. I wonder how this will go, my expectations are high, although I wonder whether it's PR or the timeline that generates the new behaviour...

Regards,
P.

P.S. I'm curious what Richard Bandler's opinion is on speed, rapid, photo, mental, genius reading...

[This message has been edited by P. Brain (edited July 23, 2002).]

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: Reading Genius. - 07/23/02 03:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by P. Brain:
Sorry Dana, I don't agree with you. Reading MarkP4's story is like my PR-biography!

I took the course, bought and read the book, followed every step, used some tapes and still can't get it to work.

Tell me exactly how you are "following every step." Include the name of the book you are reading, the level of comprehension you want, and how much time you have spend activating.

Posted By: stace_45 Re: Reading Genius. - 07/24/02 05:42 AM
I think photo-reading works but I may take a look at reading-genius to help me with technical documentation.
I'm still new to photo-reading. I haven't gotten it to work for me in school as some people have. I used to have trouble with reading when my mind would always wonder but by using the tangerine technique I can now focus. I've gotten direct learning to work with the Natural Brilliance book by telling my mind to dream about it. At first I noticed the way my mind was thinking differently and really liked the new way of thinking. Then I picked up the book and flipped through it and found out how those new thought processes came from the book without me even consciously knowing about it. I'm still having allot of troubles with getting photo-reading to work with text books and technical documentation. Maybe image-streaming would help. I don't know what to do, I'll have to do some serious problem solving to figure this one out.

Posted By: youngprer Re: Reading Genius. - 07/23/02 09:06 PM
Oh man. . .feels like the Jedi Order is about to fall.

Posted By: MarkP4 Re: Reading Genius. - 07/24/02 05:05 AM
-Tell me exactly how you are "following every step." Include the name of the book you are reading, the level of comprehension you want, and how much time you have spend activating.-

We must interupt your pattern.

-I may take a look at reading-genius to help me with technical documentation-

I've melted them together. I'm still trying to get PR to work, it's like an addiction. It's like a lottery ticket, I just can't let the dream go.

I Photoread 'Preconcious Processing' by Norman Dixon today and I really didn't get much out of it. All I wanted to find was what was related to photoreading and most of the book was all about proving that you can take in stimulus nonconsciously and process it but very little was usefull in regards to printed material outside of the short one liners used by those subliminal advertisers. I know that material taken in consciously can be processed unconsciously but to be taken in unconsciously, processed and then spit out into something understandable... I have yet to see any concrete evidence and outside of the couple courses that teach it, no one really cares about it. Because if you still gotta read then you still gotta read and who knows how you're getting it, one way or the other.

BTW, how can I be sucked into the dark side if I wasn't even on any side in the first place?

Posted By: youngprer Re: Reading Genius. - 07/25/02 05:39 AM
Ah, but you were, Mark! You were on the good side of the Force. You were trying to train to become a Jedi, as a Padawan learner in the ways of the Force.

Growing tired and bitter, you have become seduced by the darkside!

Posted By: MarkP4 Re: Reading Genius. - 07/25/02 03:18 PM
You are no Jedi, for you have used the word TRY.

Um, isn't Direct Learning the quick and easy path?

By the way, I'm returning Reading Genius because I can still beat it with normal speedreading. Anchoring the states with the music is pretty cool but I'd rather anchor the states with my own music.

I do think RG is fast but as a wise man once said, "If you're already in Chicago, you don't have to take a bus to get there."

Scan, PR, Rapid Read, done. I cannot beat that.

There's no harm in at least trying what other people are doing and being open minded. RG's is worth stealing a few techniques from.

[This message has been edited by MarkP4 (edited July 25, 2002).]

Posted By: youngprer Re: Reading Genius. - 07/25/02 09:44 PM
Yoda used the word try in Episode II, buddy. Sorry.

Posted By: Xehupatl Re: Reading Genius. - 07/26/02 03:08 PM
samuel jackson as a jedi is nearly just as bad as the "matrix-evil-agent-guy" as an elf in lotr.

Posted By: MarkP4 Re: Reading Genius. - 07/26/02 03:51 PM
Oh, yeah. Now I remember, "Not to get your ****ing hand chopped off you will try."

Posted By: MarkP4 Re: Reading Genius. - 07/29/02 05:58 AM
I have an idea. I want to get the Genius Code course.

I'll mail you 10% of the cost of the course and you send me the course. You take the money and "activate" it. Write a list of "trigger funds" that you could invest the money in. Then take the money and say what your purpose for investing would be. Write a list of questions on how you will go about investing. How much money do you want this to become? Place a dollar bill on the back of your head and chant to yourself, "As I invest my transactions are absolute" "All that I invest makes a lasting impression on my account and is available to me." Then, actively invest and turn this money into more money. Close the process with a sense of mastery. Realize that money grows in layers. You don't always make a great return your first time so you may have to return to the bank again and again to achieve the level of growth you are after.

Hey, if we have to do it this way, so should you.

We got a deal?

Posted By: Mtt Re: Reading Genius. - 07/29/02 06:40 AM
MarkP4, I wanna be open-minded about things. Could the methods of PhotoReading and Reading Genius be combined? I mean use the steps of PR, and maybe use methods of RG, possibly to improve activation. Paul suggests several different methods of activation in his book, but he doesn't say they were the only methods, just the methods that work for most people.

Posted By: MarkP4 Re: Reading Genius. - 07/31/02 06:04 PM
It would be easier if you did PR within the RG steps. They seem to fit right in there.

I think that both courses are specific tools for specific types of reading. We wouldn't use a hammer to try and get out a 5mm allen bolt.

My problem has always been I always want a high level of detail and to understand as I go so as I learn more it's always on a foundation of what I learned before. I think PR is *ss backwards but for some people that's exactly what they need.

All reading systems (without any exception, PR, RG etc) in my opinion are a knee-jerk reaction to the amount of garbage that is thrown in our face nowadays. If you have to do allot of research for any reason, which is just weeding through the junk to get at what you need, I think that any and all reading systems are fine. But once you've found what you need you can't "speed-learn" it. If you have a strong purpose then find several books that cover it in detail and thoroughly instead of shallow books with "90%" fluff.

There's a difference between "reading" and "understanding." Reading is easy. You can read slow and not remember anything and you can read fast and not remember anything. For what it's worth it's better to read fast if those are your only 2 choices. But "understanding" is different.

In language schools (not like I'd really know but I've heard from people that went) they always use the term "tourist" level which means the bottom of the barrel level of knowledge. "Where is the bathroom" "Where can I exchange my money" etc. It's all literal and surface communication. The other term is "UN Translator" in other words "what does this group really mean and how can I state that in a way where the other group will understand it?" It's the highest level of understanding a language.

Fast reading can only give Tourist level information. It's gathering info, it's research reading. You are not reading into the information, you are going after what you want. My main concern has always been "what is this author going to tell me that I don't know?" That's what I want, new stuff. I like the uncertainty and confusion because it means I'm learning and not rehearsing.

Besides, who told us we have to read fast? Chances are it was an advertisement. It took me 2.5 years to figure that out and I'm glad it didn't take me 25.

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Reading Genius. - 07/31/02 07:26 PM
I PhotoRead a lot. Sometimes, when I get a really good PhotoRead or when an activation session really turns me on, I'll immediately go to rapid reading. I'll read the entire book. Sometimes I'm zipping through at high speeds and other times I'm re-reading a paragraph because I thoroughly enjoyed it the first time.

Going through all of the words consciously is one way to process a book. And it is a different experience from using the full PhotoReading system. Most of the time, I'm not interested in spending much time with a book--or with the author. I have other priorities. I simply want the information.

I can get all of the details from books I could possibly want with the PhotoReading system in a fraction of the time it would take reading regular. Even technical books filled with new information.

Do I want speed? No. I want information.

Do I want all information? No. I want useful information that meets my purpose. And, I would prefer understanding to raw information.

I get that with PhotoReading.

I've done the other programs, and I think PhotoReading is by far the best. If I thought something from another course was better, we would have incorporated it into our course, one way or another.

If someone likes Reading Genius better, fantastic. The purpose of these programs is to make life easier and more fulfilling.

I don't always dis other programs. I like some that are competitive to our other programs.

Like our Million Dollar Vocabulary. I think it is head and shoulders better than the Verbal Advantage program. But I have a lot of respect for VA, and I often recommend their program as an adjunct to ours. Founder Phil Bonnell was just over for a visit a couple of weeks ago to share thoughts and ideas.

Same for our EasyLearn Language Programs. Colin Rose's programs, which are available through Nightingale-Conant, are excellent. I often tell people to use his programs as the next step.

Sometimes it bugs me when someone doesn't get PhotoReading, because it is superbly powerful and useful, but everyone is different. To those that don't get it, please don't try to rob others of their experiences or successes just because yours is different.

Love makes the world go round, diversity keeps it interesting, and tolerance keeps it on its axis.

Posted By: MarkP4 Re: Reading Genius. - 08/01/02 05:17 AM
Why didn't you say any of this before? I thought I was abnormal because I wanted to Rapid Read so soon but everyone else was harping on the other steps, which I used at times but I thought I was the only one in the world that couldn't get it to work so I start looking in all the other programs and books.

If what I say is robbing others of their successes then why did it take someone like me to finally get you to say what you finally said? I don't know if I speak for anyone else but I'm shocked and relieved at everything you said because it's what I've been doing while feeling that I'm not doing it right.

Posted By: Pete Bissonette Re: Reading Genius. - 08/01/02 02:48 PM
Au contraire!

Posted By: kanD Re: Reading Genius. - 10/07/02 07:58 AM
Hello allenhm:
Reading Genius was the first reading course that I still own and purchased along with Subliminal Dynamics/Mental Photograghy, and PhotoReading. I never made it past the first tape in the Reading Genius course because of the visualizing exercise whereas you're suppose to twist the trunk of your body around and visualize that you are a helicopter blade. That did it for me, meaning, I shelved the program. I can't visualize in my mind that way and it seemed rather stupid and un-necessary. What does that have to do with learning to read faster???!!!!.[/B][/QUOTE]

from your materails ,it seems that you've access to 3 reading methods: Reading Genius, Mental Photography and Photoread.My question is what are differences in these methods?

Posted By: pcochran Re: Reading Genius. - 10/07/02 08:30 AM
I hate Star Wars...want to quote a great movie try Boondock Saints...

Posted By: Toaster Re: Reading Genius. - 10/07/02 09:15 AM
After reading all these comments ,now i am really upset. did i do the worng thing buy pruchasing this PR system?? What i am after is complete comprehension aand the material that i have ot read is not fluff and some lite detail. In fact it is mostly all detail,and its over 500-1000 pages of complete detail which has to be completly understood and rememberd exactly. I pray thatI did not waste my time and money on this system. I genuinely need help and was hoping that this was the answer. I so badly needed this system to improve my wife and i's life and financial situation. I am not rich as many ofyou seem to be and I cannot afford the money and the time loss if this systme does not work.So far , i have tried the first tape and guess what, it did nothing for me and in fact inthe dictionary game, i guessed a word that was not even in the book, what is the answer to that?? Is there no hope for me?? Do i have to pod through mounds of this material on my own??

Posted By: Neo-Matrix Re: Reading Genius. - 10/07/02 11:19 AM
NO! You didn't waste your money or time at all. What Pete was saying is that you CAN gain all of the information in a book, but sometimes, in pleasure reading mostly, you want to stop and read a paragraph because it was enjoyable to read. There may be many reasons for enjoying it... it may be well written, it may have pleasant imagery, etc. If you PhotoRead because you need it for your job, then keep the program. You will need it, and it will help you more than you may think.
In the dictionary, if your word is not in the dictionary, find out where the word would be if it were in the dictionary(alphabetically) and see if you were right. Also, many people fail the first few times they try the game, the game is just to try to demonstrate the affects of photoreading, to show you it works. Try it more than once, and then if it doesnt work just keep going with the tapes, getting it wrong on the game doesnt mean you cant photoread, you just need more practice. KEEP AT IT! It will help.

Posted By: AlexK Re: Reading Genius. - 10/07/02 11:48 AM
quote:
What i am after is complete comprehension aand the material that i have ot read is not fluff and some lite detail. In fact it is mostly all detail,and its over 500-1000 pages of complete detail which has to be completly understood and rememberd exactly.

With the photoreading system you can collect just as much information out of a book as you want. A 500-1000 page textbook would take probably 50 hours (as an example since each person will have a different learning pace, for different material) to learn by the regular reading method. With the photoreading system you could reduce this to 15 hours for the same level of comprehension or you could invest a bit more time say 21 hours and gain better comprehension than you would have with regular reading. You still cover more ground than you do by regular reading.

quote:
I pray thatI did not waste my time and money on this system. I genuinely need help and was hoping that this was the answer. I so badly needed this system to improve my wife and i's life and financial situation. I am not rich as many ofyou seem to be and I cannot afford the money and the time loss if this systme does not work.So far , i have tried the first tape and guess what, it did nothing for me and in fact inthe dictionary game, i guessed a word that was not even in the book, what is the answer to that?? Is there no hope for me?? Do i have to pod through mounds of this material on my own??

The dictionary game is just a game. Complete the course before you judge the results. The fact that you selected a word that was not even in that dictionary is in essance your mind demonstrating its skill in processing information that is in the dictionary. The question is how did you feel when you were looking for that word in you mind. When it happened to me I was annoyed because I wasn't getting a picture... I had a very strong feeling that I was wrong about the placement that I was trying to guess. That turned out to be a good thing. My inner mind was showing me that the information that I was looking for wasn't there. I turned around to experience similar feeling with other books when I expected information on questions I formed. It became my signal saying... poor question or not related to this book.

Keep going with the course. The dictionary game is just a game.

When you have tried the whole system once though I'm sure you'll see the benefits. Once you've completed the course, use the forum and the coaching available with the system to hone it for your studies. There are plenty of study tips here. It's just easier to put them to work for you once you've got a start with the system.

Re-read page 17 of the photoreading book because photoreading is different to the way you used to read. Unlike a lot of other home study courses LSC does provide help for to see success with the system. You just need to take your foot off the brakes and give it a go.

Alex

Posted By: Hel Re: Reading Genius. - 10/07/02 12:03 PM
I chucked my copy of that dictionary.

Posted By: pcochran Re: Reading Genius. - 10/08/02 06:13 AM
I want to read at 5000-6000 wpm, which should I buy, PR or RG??? And I want to know everything in the book....

Posted By: AlexK Re: Reading Genius. - 10/08/02 11:26 AM
Neither, No course will guarentee your goal of 'reading' 5000wpm. No one ever gets 100% conscious comprehension out of any book.

Reading Genius you get to listen to music everytime you read

Photoreading you remain flexible in your reading speed. Some books you will spend only 30 minutes on and be satisfied that you have all you want to know others you may spend a couple of hours with. Photoreading is not speed reading. Photoreading is part of a reading/learning system. You can photoread at 25000wpm, however you do not have conscious recollection of what you have photoread. You bring the text you read to conscious awareness through activation techniques. Less time is spent activating than reading a book once through. Speed reading is said to have an upper limit of about 800wpm.

If you want to see what photoreading is about you can just buy the book. All the information is in there.

Both courses come with a money back guarentee so you could try them and see. However if your goal is 5000wpm you will find that neither course will promise you that.

Alex

Posted By: Glenski Re: Reading Genius. - 10/21/03 10:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by MarkP4:
I have an idea. I want to get the Genius Code course.

I'll mail you 10% of the cost of the course and you send me the course. You take the money and "activate" it. Write a list of "trigger funds" that you could invest the money in. Then take the money and say what your purpose for investing would be. Write a list of questions on how you will go about investing. How much money do you want this to become? Place a dollar bill on the back of your head and chant to yourself, "As I invest my transactions are absolute" "All that I invest makes a lasting impression on my account and is available to me." Then, actively invest and turn this money into more money. Close the process with a sense of mastery. Realize that money grows in layers. You don't always make a great return your first time so you may have to return to the bank again and again to achieve the level of growth you are after.

Hey, if we have to do it this way, so should you.

We got a deal?

Wow! Is this a viable technique for making cash?

Posted By: john6 Re: Reading Genius. - 10/27/03 07:42 PM
Well I usually don't write on these things...but have been following ..

I have both RG and PR and like both..both very different..and valuable..I don't know why one must be all superior ? Like men and women
They each have there merits... and style

Honestly - I like RG a bit better as it seems more natural..PR has much better support and an Organization worldwide..thats great! and its more structured than RG.

Subliminal Dynamics was a very distant 3rd...seemed very impractical.

I recently met Ed Strachar/Reading Genius at a seminar in NYC in June /03. and asked him about his supposed ripping off of Subliminal Dynamics and PhotoReading...

He is quite an intense guy.. and when you he looked at me..its almost like he saw through me...with genuine sincerity..and a peace/aura about him that is very noticable..

He said he never attended either of them and looked me straight in the eye Without a blink,. but he said he attended an Evelyn Wood Seminar while he was in College... that was it for his advanced reading training.

He said said any commonality is 99% happenstance ..he said as an inventor ..he never wants to see what others do first as it can distort the creative process..

He does have a lot of Respect for PR and Paul S. ... and told me so..He said he felt Paul's heart was in the right place and his style contrasts his significantly. Nothing more or less. No bashing. I liked that.

At the seminar he showed short films ..he has trained people to read beyond any world record in less than a day..and they were interviewed - kids, old folks, biz people...Quite a tall claim.. but after meeting him..and seeing the film I believe him...you could feel his exuberant energy from the back of the room.. and then when he got deep and talked about how the biggest problem in America is loneliness and quoted Mother Theresa...and showed people how to tune into their hearts and connect..the whole room got real quiet.. then we did an exercise to connect ..it was eye opening to say the least...

Ed explained that the real key to reading was inner peace and the key to inner peace was love ! Sounds far out but when you hear it from him and feel it ! you get it..I did and so did the 300 people there..he got a standing Ovation !..

That doesn't happen with con men..Not in my experience...

He demonstrated healing, tuning the mind and body, clairvoyance as he "read" people as they came up to him afterwards... and joked.."reading is not limited to books" ! Some people were brought to tears including a Nun who was there who kept endorsing what he was saying..I almost thought it was a setup..and then went to talk with her and she said she never met him before that day either..

One guy about 25 or so, came up and asked him a private question that he was clearly embarassed about.....Ed held this guy's hand in between his two hands and did a "read" and the guy nearly fell over...stunned in amazement...

I went over too him later and asked what happened ..he wouldn't say but did say that guy (Ed S) was amazing...

So don't get me wrong...The RG program is not everything...but it is significant as is PhotoReading... There are are other people out there with other ways..

Some of you are bashing it seems without really knowing...? and that serves nobody who may be helped by learning other ways ..don't you think ?

Posted By: youngprer Re: Reading Genius. - 10/28/03 11:44 PM
Well, as Pete said - if you like Reading Genius better, then fantastic.

Myself, I don't like Reading Genius, nor do I like Ed's interpretation of PR. I mean, come on.

"Founder Paul Sheele's style is such that it can sometimes conflict with people who want pragmatic results and straight forward answers without having to get into abstract terms like "connect with your subconscious... by closing your eyes and relaxing and see yourself learn faster while listening to low budget spacy music!"

Simple and straightforward it is not. The use of music, mind mapping and brain states shows the developers of the system understand accelerated learning to a certain degree but something is lost in the delivery and implementation." - http://www.reading-genius.com/comparison.php

You wanna tell me that that ISN'T BASHING PhotoReading? PAH-LEASE!

Dana said that Crazy Eddy attended a PR seminar.

So, that creates one of two options...

This guy's soothing aura and everything is true, and Dana is mistaken, OR...

HE IS LYING HIS @#%t OFF!

But ya know, that's just my opinion.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

Posted By: The Learninator Re: Reading Genius. - 10/29/03 10:36 AM
Hey, youngprer, I'm getting more and more fascinated with Reading Genius with all this talk about it! I tried the speed reading tests on the site and I didn't do well at all on them. Perhaps RG is just what I need?

What do you think?

Posted By: youngprer Re: Reading Genius. - 10/29/03 12:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Learninator:
Hey, youngprer, I'm getting more and more fascinated with Reading Genius with all this talk about it! I tried the speed reading tests on the site and I didn't do well at all on them. Perhaps RG is just what I need?

What do you think?

Maybe, how much have you worked with PR?

I did great on their speed reading tests, getting around 3220WPM on some of them, which, may be a little weird, because most of their selections are about accelerative learning and what not. I have a decently well tuned knowledge base of that subject, so that might have made things easier during the short little activation. I scored 100% comprehension.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

Posted By: john6 Re: Reading Genius. - 10/30/03 05:57 AM
Well Youngprer..seems like Dana needs to come up with some proof doesn't it..

Though i willing to wager she is the one who is "beyond the truth"

Who is willing to take that bet ? and Dana..if you are reading this..show us the proof behind your statement !

Posted By: livingsuccess Re: Reading Genius. - 10/31/03 05:07 PM
It would seem to me - especially because in the story where we hear about Paul Scheele before he started PhotoReading - he was already able to speedread at about 5000 wpm. That is pretty much smokin' by most standards. Because there is a reading aspect to the PR process - the skim and dip part, it would seem that the best of both worlds would be a PR primer backed up by a great speed reading "skim and dip". Better yet - use PhotoReading and then speedread the whole book. That would be a speedy way to definitely "activate" the material.

Posted By: john6 Re: Reading Genius. - 12/18/03 05:08 PM
Well..it seems Dana and/or anyone else has provided any proof that Ed Strachar has attended a PR course...time to stop the boloney and focus on whats real..

As well Youngprer..i clicked on that link and there is a pretty accurate and intelligent article. It may be an updated one of what you referred to but it seems quite accurate to me..

I think there is a need for more intelligence and less bashing on this subject..at least from those who know...

Posted By: Betsemes Re: Reading Genius. - 12/19/03 08:44 PM
Reading Genius seems very interesting. If I fail to learn Photoreading when I try it again, I could try RG. Since the techniques are different, maybe it will work for me if PR doesn't.

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement