Posted By: bbarclay6 What exactly should the blip look like - 08/18/02 02:49 PM
I'm not getting this blip thing. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be looking for. Thanks for your help

Brandon

Posted By: AlexK Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 08/18/02 03:17 PM
Brandon,

Have you tried the cocktail wienie effect? It gives you an idea of how it is formed.

It looks like a third page curved over in the middle of the book. Varies in width from person to person and even in width for a person during different photoreading sessions.

It you have trouble seeing it, just use the imaginary x technique. It works just as well.

Alex

I am having Problems too, IMaginary X Technique?

[This message has been edited by mathematician (edited August 19, 2002).]

Posted By: AlexK Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 08/19/02 11:16 AM
The imaginary x technique is explained on page 48 of the photoreading book, the 2 paragraphs next to Einstein.

It's a good way of starting out if you're struggling with the blip page or have poor vision in one eye.

Alex

Posted By: razordu30 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 08/20/02 04:18 AM
Okay, here's a visual answer, but it's not entirely accurate (kinda hard to reproduce 3D on a monitor), and the graphics are kinda larger than average, so bear with me.

This is how a regular page layout looks:

That's a recreation of pages 4 and 5 of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, side by side, as if you had the pages spread out.

Here's that same image when your eyes are diverged:

So you're thinking, "I can't read ANY of that!" Don't worry, you're not supposed to, that's the point for this part of the process. Please note how the page numbers have made phantom copies of themselves side by side.

This is the Blip Page itself, highlighted from everything else:

Hope that helps...if you have problems understanding it, let me know.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

[This message has been edited by razordu30 (edited August 19, 2002).]

Posted By: bbarclay6 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 08/22/02 10:22 PM
Wow those diagrams really help. I thought the I was supposed to see something at the top of the page, but that was exactly what I need to know. How long can it take to get this blip down. And will the cross x work just as well? Thanks for your awesome replies

Posted By: razordu30 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 08/23/02 04:14 AM
Thanks for the comment; I was hoping to get feedback on it, since I actually spent awhile doing the graphics.

Getting the blip down varies A LOT between each person. I got it right away, since I've been diverging my eyes on purpose since grade school (I was so good at Magic Eye pictures that during a Cheerios commercial advertising their new "3D picture" box, I was able to get the picture in the 2 1/2 seconds it was on screen, while it was in the background).

For other people, it is the hardest part of the program, bar none. One drawback about the blip page, in fact, is the difficulties some people have diverging their eyes.

In other words, how long it takes to get the blip page depends more on you than anything else.

The cross X method works too, but as far as I know, there's kind of "two" X methods.

One is while you have a blip page, imagine an "X" through the book, each point of the "X" touching each of the four corners of the page spreadout. This helps you get the whole book in your peripheral and normal vision.

The other is basically the same thing, only without the blip page. I guess what I'm saying is that the "x" method isn't necessarily a replacement for the blip page, though it can be.

If you can't get the blip to work, but can get the "X" to work, the "X" method, for you, works better. If you CAN get the blip to work, I'd rather go with that.

The great thing about PRing is that it's so customizable to your own needs and abilities.

Take care and good luck

Posted By: bbarclay6 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 09/03/02 04:36 AM
I didn't want to see this one go to waste I believe it gives a great example of what the blip should look like. Hope this guy helpes you out, because he did me.

Posted By: blue Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 09/03/02 08:00 PM
Ramon, nice description of the blip page. Same here: I've been diverging my eyes since I can remember. So the blip page came easy to me. However, I opted to do the X method without the blip because I didn't understand the use of the blip. By diverging my eyes, I could not make out the text (because of the overlapping letters). I did not understand how my mind, even the subconcious mind, could possibly absorb text that was visually garbled and nonsensical. But would you say that is the point of the step where the reader photoreads? To shut of the concious by confusing it with the blip, so that the subconcious can take hold? Does it work for you?

Also, off the subject, what is your website about? Just curious.

Posted By: allenhm Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 09/03/02 09:19 PM
razordu30

ABSOLUTELY "GENIUS"!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: AlexK Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 09/04/02 04:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by blue:
I did not understand how my mind, even the subconcious mind, could possibly absorb text that was visually garbled and nonsensical. But would you say that is the point of the step where the reader photoreads? To shut of the concious by confusing it with the blip, so that the subconcious can take hold? Does it work for you?

It works for me. We fail to notice that everything we are not focusing on directly is blurred and yet the inner mind is still has a clear idea of what is its seeing. It's only when we turn to look at it directly that we see it 'in focus'. So it stands to reason that the mind can recognise the letters on a page without our having to look at them directly. Especially when you consider how often we see the written letter forms in our daily lives.

Alex

Posted By: bbarclay6 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 09/07/02 09:07 PM
I`m still having a problem with the blip page. Sometimes I can look at the floor and then run the book in front of my eyes, this seems to help. If anyone knows of any other technics please help. Plus check out this awesome description of the blip

Posted By: AlexK Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 09/08/02 11:50 AM
It is unnecessary to "get the blip page" it works fine with a soft focus.

My suggestion is that you turn the book upside down. Soft focus on it and imagine that an X has been drawn through it linking the outer corners of the book crossing in the middle. Just gently gaze at the point in the spine where the imaginary X crosses (the middle of the book). From there do the rest of the steps (page turning and chanting etc) and finish on a positive note as Paul says.

Let the blip page come when it comes, if it comes (it's not necessary) It's just a method of knowing you've changed your focus from a hard looking at the word focus to a looking at the whole picture focus.

Using the imaginary X technique you have 5 points to keep in your vision the four corners and the middle of the book. That is how you ensure that you are soft focusing on the whole 2 pages.

You want to photoread with a parallel vison (an eye on each page) rather than regular reading vision... http://www.vision3d.com/3views.html
This link will explains what your eyes do with regular reading and follow the links at the bottom for some alternative techniques.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited September 08, 2002).]

Posted By: bbarclay6 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 09/18/02 02:40 AM
Just didn't want to see this diagram die

Posted By: Margaret Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 09/18/02 02:50 AM
Hey! This is the first time i've noticed that post of Ramon's. WOW and also wow b/c that's my b'day. Now that must mean something.

Posted By: razordu30 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 09/18/02 06:12 AM
Thanks a lot for the support guys! I'm glad the graphics were a success

Posted By: AlexK Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 10/07/02 12:25 PM
Time to move this back up the list

Thanks a lot for the pictures.
I live in Brazil and I boght the book.I dont know if is the same book that you talk about "Photoreading Whole mind system".
ohhhh and I have the same difficult to understand the blip thing,but i get it now.
Thanks
Sorry for my english

Posted By: bbarclay6 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 10/24/02 03:28 PM
Write something, anything, never let this diagram die, It helps you so much. Keep it alive. Thanks

bbarclay6

At the website www.vision3d.com there appears to be 2 ways to see the stereogram, by cross-eye veiwing and parallel viewing...

which one am i viewing when i photoread?
i.g. when noticing the blip page and the four corners of the book, is my eyes diverged to parallel viewing it or cross-eye viewing it....

maybe it doesn't matter which one it is....
and texts in still being absorbed into the other-than-conscious mind

with the stereogram in the photoreading workbook i find that i can push the image further in and distort the letters...(has n e one noticed it?)

Posted By: AlexK Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 10/25/02 04:18 AM
You're aiming for parallel viewing. cross-eyed viewing will cause eyestrain whereas parallel viewing is relaxing the eyes more.

Alex

Posted By: uncle852 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 10/29/02 02:13 PM
i try this too,but word is still not clear,i can see 3D pictur easy

Posted By: AlexK Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 10/29/02 02:39 PM
Uncle, that is right. The words are 'not' clear when you photoread. They are blurry.

They are clear when you superread and dip. You use normal focus while superreading and dipping.

Alex

Posted By: bbarclay6 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 10/31/02 05:44 AM
Just moving this one back to the top, thanks for all of your replys.

Posted By: bbarclay6 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 11/05/02 04:56 AM
Just movin' er up

Posted By: uncle852 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 11/05/02 02:39 PM
you said,Uncle, that is right. The words are 'not' clear when you photoread. They are blurry.
IF blurry is i can success in photoreading?

Posted By: AlexK Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 11/05/02 04:28 PM
yes

Posted By: uncle852 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 11/06/02 11:15 AM
so you mean that,if can see the blip page,the word not clear is successful.but i read the book say if you use photoreading,the words are clear.and a lotof people say the word is like float.WHICH is wrong?

Posted By: AlexK Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 11/06/02 11:33 AM
Both are Right

The words clear up and start to float 'with practice'... you still see the blip page.

As a beginner it is burred. Later after much practice the words start to appear clear and float... you don't want to 'read' while in photofocus just take a mental look at the 2 pages.

Alex

Posted By: uncle852 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 11/06/02 11:44 AM
you said,beginner it is burred,but i am not beginner,i try photoreading for 2.5months.
and now i see the word is burred,u say it is successful.and you still say Later after much practice the words start to appear clear and float.so clear and float,is more successful?

Posted By: AlexK Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 11/06/02 12:03 PM
No, if it stays blurred it is just as successful.

Some people will find that the eyes make adjustments because of the exercise, causing the words to become clear and float.

Both ways work fine. Both ways tell you you are in the correct photoreading state.

Alex

Posted By: uncle852 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 11/06/02 12:08 PM
ok ,i think i see your point,if you have icq?
because i have a lot of question of photoreading

Posted By: AlexK Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 11/06/02 12:10 PM
I am on msm at the moment. If i get the modem working I'll be installing ICQ tomorrow

Alex

Posted By: uncle852 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 11/06/02 12:18 PM
yes,and i have a question.i can see the word clearly when my eyes stare the word,not stare on the middle of the book which the PHOTO READING book teach to us.DO it method is still photoreading?

Posted By: AlexK Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 11/06/02 12:29 PM
The idea is not to stare at or see words. It is to look at the 2 pages all the words at the same time. About 1 to 2 seconds per page. Email me for msm or icq.

Alex

Posted By: uncle852 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 11/07/02 01:08 PM
i have add u in icq

um... ok a book has a blip... but what about something that was printed??? like an essay or something online??? it doesn't have a blip... or ebooks... they don't have blips either

Posted By: AlexK Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 01/09/03 09:55 AM
You use photofocus. Its like looking at the 3D stereograms. You soften your gaze and notice the patterns of the white spaces.

Alex

photo focus is the parrallel look right?
when the focus is behind the book?

Posted By: bbarclay6 Re: What exactly should the blip look like - 01/13/03 06:13 AM
moving it up for those who need help with the blip. enjoy. this diagram is great.

Razordu30

Great job on the graphics ... Paul and Pete should use it for their 4th edition of the PR book.

There is so much feedback from this forum that a 4th edition would not be difficult to do!

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement