Posted By: Meurphy Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/14/02 01:26 AM
Taking the skeptical point of view:

(we'll say for a better understanding)

Now, let's see... You prepare, you preview

you go into hocus pocus, oh I should say

photo phocus, you incubate then you Activate.

IF I WERE TO PREVIEW AND ACTIVATE I WOULD
GET THE SAME RESULTS AS NOW.

I incubated for two days... 48 hours and when I went to activate I easly found the paragraphs that contain the answers that I want. The only thing I really did was rapid read and dip.

At this point couldn't we just skip photo phocus?

What should I really be expecting from this program?

Where does photo Phocus actually help here?

I can get the same answers I want from just rapid reading and dipping, this is not photo reading if such a thing even exists.

It is misleading to say "25,000 words a minute" especaily when you spend most your time trying to activate nothing. The activation proccess does't give you an insight on what you have photo read, it forces you to dig into the book to find aswers to questions.

Activation is just another way of scrummaging around in the book.

YOU DON'T ACTIVATE TO MAKE SENSE OF WHAT YOU PHOTO READ.

Like the saying goes, "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is."

Does the saying apply here?

Posted By: youngprer Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/14/02 01:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Meurphy:

Does the saying apply here?

I don't know...does it?

Posted By: Meurphy Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/14/02 03:08 AM
You tell me. You are supposebly use the system. Do you really use photo phocos??

Posted By: AlexK Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/14/02 07:20 AM
It makes a whole lot of difference. By photoreading the book in photofocus before trying to activate you are more easily able to focus on the answers to the question. In photofocus you have read the whole book super fast. Sa now whatever questions you form you are able to locate the answer in the book much faster.

You activate it to make it become conscious knowledge because ironically inwardly you already know the answer after having photoread it.

For me the proof that photofocus part of photoreading is the most important part has been my accidental learning. I photoread a whole series of web pages in photofocus looking for information about a specific topic. This allowed me to hone in on the information I was seeking. However the pages that I viewed had a lot of other useful information the I was not consciously seeking. It was only later that I realised how I obtained so much information on the topic.

I have also applied the Photofocus part of photoreading to books for direct learning. Only photoreading the book not activating them. From time to time I have been prompted to find out how I knew something and when I posed the question where did I learn that? I found myself picking up one of the books I direct learnt from and opening the page with the answer to my question.

It boils down to the fact that Photoreading in photofocus does imput the information in your mind. The manual activation techniques just brings it to the conscious mind.

Using superreading and dipping just to hunt through the book without photoreading it first is driving into a new town and looking for the bakery. If you don't know what street it's on how much longer is it going to take you to find it.

By photoreading the book before activation it becomes like having a map of the area that tells you what store is where. You ask where the bakery is and the map shows you... you just drive to the spot on the map and there is what you are looking for.

Yoo do in fact photoread 25,000 words a minute on average and you have in fact inputted the information on your mind when you do this. The conscious understanding of the information is gained through activation. That's why with practice the information comes to you faster and faster.

I have photoread a book with the intent of obtaining certain information from it quickly. Within 3 minutes of photoreading the book I was applying the knowledge and now have it in my long tern memory. Because I photoread the book my mind was able to pinpoint the important pages to me for this project. Had I tried to regular read or hunt and peck for the information in this 200 page book I'd have had to spend at least 30 minutes on it.I know from my past past experience in similar situations.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited September 14, 2002).]

Posted By: Hel Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/14/02 09:45 AM
I think it's harder for people who usually read in a intuitive way to notice the benefits/usefulness of the PR step. When I started to learn PR, I realized that the way I naturally 'read' was pretty well a combination of the other steps without the PR step, except I didn't have it formalized into a system, and I didn't even call it reading, as that's not how reading's conventionally defined. Now I read the same way I used to, with the PR step added, and go through the steps more systematically. I haven't noticed a lot of difference using the PR step yet. But I feel more confident doing reading my natural way, usually (not always) with the PR step added, and now I do call that reading.

I do feel that my reading speed has increased, and that it's easier to let go of info I don't need, and the whole process of reading is more efficient. The feeling of confidence is great to have.

Posted By: AlexK Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/14/02 10:24 AM
The photofocus part is a totally different way to read/learn and gather information. For the most part we are unaccustomed to it and find it hard to believe that the information goes into our head that way. That belief in fact becomes the blocker from getting the information out,

The reason the system feels so strange is because you do absorb that information during the photoreading/photofocus stage. The information went in, in a way we were not orginally taught. It is not anything like regular reading and never will be. It's a totally different experience. This is why it is so important to play with it or rather take a more playful attitude toward learning it.

Because the information went in, in a way that is new to us, we also need to learn to allow our inner mind to tell our conscious mind what the information was. That's why the manual activation techniques of superreading and dipping are so necessary. The manual activation technique is a starting point for allowing that communication. When we ask a question and almost immediately we find the right page and even the right paragraph, we can understand that some sort of communication has taken place. Usually we fail to notice that we are acting on promptings from our inner mind. This makes us wonder if the system works.

It works alright, and if it saves me 27 minutes of searching a book to find an answer and all I need to invest was 3 minutes photofocus. Then you won't find me skipping that step on a book In reality it saves even more time over conventional reading methods.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited September 14, 2002).]

Posted By: Laura Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/14/02 01:09 PM
"Because the information went in, in a way that is new to us, we also need to learn to allow our inner mind to tell our conscious mind what the information was. That's why the manual activation techniques of superreading and dipping are so necessary. The manual activation technique is a starting point for allowing that communication. When we ask a question and almost immediately we find the right page and even the right paragraph, we can understand that some sort of communication has taken place. Usually we fail to notice that we are acting on promptings from our inner mind. This makes us wonder if the system works."

Can you still get as much info from a book by previewing / postviewing / rapid/superreading etc without pring at all?
And what happens if you just pr without anything else? can you still remember stuff from the book? I mean I understand youd have to do superreading and stuff to begin with to get used to exchanging info from your subconscious to conscious mind, but can experienced prers understand a book by just pring?

I dont doubt for a second that your subconscious can proccess 25k wpm, but Im a bit skepical about whether its possible to recognise words at that speed. Or is that the same thing?? Actually, come to think of it, I dont know what Im talking about oh well...

~Laura~

Posted By: AlexK Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/14/02 02:55 PM
quote:
Can you still get as much info from a book by previewing / postviewing / rapid/superreading etc without pring at all?

Probably yes, however my experience is that it takes much longer. Thats why I prefer to spend the 3 to 10 minutes photoreading the book first. It saves a lot of hunting and if the information isn't in the book I know it inwardly straight away. (that comes with experience)

quote:
And what happens if you just pr without anything else? can you still remember stuff from the book? I

If you just PR the book without activation, yes, you know the information internally however you lack the conscious connection 'that you know and how you know'. You sometimes find the information coming up and there have been photoreaders who have answered exam questions successfully having only photoread the text book without activation. That this works depends on your willingness to trust your inner mind. That is why it is recommeded that you do the activation step, to build that trust/faith in the system.

I have PRed books without activation and used the knowledge I gained from them. Eg I photoread a business planning book, did not activate it, yet was able to provide information on a number of aspect of business planning to help someone write an essay. Whereas prior to photoreading the book I was at a lost as to how I, would even approach the essay. I was quizzed about the topic and from the information I provided an essay was written. The resulting essay earned 70%, losing marks for incorrect layout.

To this day I haven't activated the book since I am not personally interested in the topic. It came up as a subject recently with a friend. I think he is impressed with how much of the finer detail we were able to discuss about someones proposed business.

So yes the information is placed into the inner mind at that rapid pace.

quote:
I dont doubt for a second that your subconscious can proccess 25k wpm, but Im a bit skepical about whether its possible to recognise words at that speed.

While the eyes provide the lens it is the mind that sees. Put another way, without our brain to interpret what we see, everything we see would just be pretty colours anyway. It's our thinking/mental interpretation that helps to make it make sense.

Alex

Posted By: MarkP4 Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/14/02 03:16 PM
If you pick up a book and just start Supereading/Dipping/Skittering you could be "done" with it in half an hour.

Posted By: Meurphy Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/14/02 03:48 PM
OK, let's be serious now.

I preview, photo read and then activate.

I am not lost in the book because I remember what I previewed and came up with questions for my purpose. All I do is look for the subtitle that I wrote down and then I dip into the paragraphs I want to know about.
I have tried both ways as an experement.

My results are this: When I do the photo reading step I find what I want easly and have bad dreams.

When I skip the photo reading step I finish sooner than if I photo read and I have no nasty night mares.

Hmmmm.... My inner mind is not proccessing like it should??

I don't really know...

All I know is it isn't satisfactory at this point.

- Meurphy

Posted By: AlexK Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/14/02 04:20 PM
When you skip the photoreading step are you satisfied with your comprehension of the book? Have you activated a book without sleeping on it... You know you dont have to wait overnight to get the benefit of photoreading the book.

In anycase you need to do what works for you. If you're happy with skimming and speed reading a book in thiry minutes great. I only would like to point out that this information is only in the short term memory. More work is required by the individual to place it into the long term memory. Most likely you find that the information you skimmed through you won't stay in your long term memory. For some things it isn't about speed it boils down to quality and purpose. If I want information out of a book that I can use immediately I can photoread the book in about 3 minutes. Why would I want to spend 30 minutes skimming?

Alex

Posted By: Laura Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/14/02 04:43 PM
quote:

My results are this: When I do the photo reading step I find what I want easly and have bad dreams.

When I skip the photo reading step I finish sooner than if I photo read and I have no nasty night mares.

Hmmmm.... My inner mind is not proccessing like it should??

The information must be there and be getting processed in your inner mind if you get nightmares from it. I think. Maybe. Who knows?

Posted By: Meurphy Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/15/02 05:25 AM
Yeah, you are right Laura. The information is going into my subconsious it just doesn't seem to be benificail

Posted By: Meurphy Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/15/02 05:56 AM
I find this interesting:

(Pete Bissonette wrote):

You see, the conscious mind can only handle seven pieces of information at a time - plus or minus two. This is why telephone numbers are seven digits long - that's all you can easily hold in your conscious mind.

(Oh I am sure that is why phone numbers are seven digits long)

With speed reading, 90 percent of people quit using the techniques within a few months. This has to do with the way it is taught. You are taught to go faster and faster, and the faster you go the more doubts will start to creep in as to whether or not you are getting anything. And with these doubts come tensions and stresses, and who wants that?

( isn't photo reading about doubt and stress?
and is it possible people quit photo reading after a week when they figure it doesn't work?) 'and who wants that?'

With PhotoReading there is no stress; it is a calming, relaxing process. This is the case for two reasons. The first has to do with super learning, accelerated learning. It suggests that if you enter a relaxed state of alertness where you slow down the little voice in the back of your head and relax the body, you will be in an accelerated learning state in which you can learn and process information more optimally. Guess what? When you are in this relaxed state, you can not be stressed. The other reason there is no stress has to do with the fact that you are not worried about whether you are getting anything consciously while PhotoReading because we tell you up front that you won't.

(now if you don't get anything consciously how can you put the information to work? Will this information just sit in the inner mind and be a waste of space??)

There are primarily two ways to activate information: automatically or manually. Automatic activation is when things come to you when you are PhotoReading or after PhotoReading. It is when information just bubbles up. The challenge is that the information comes from the intuitive side of you so it feels as if you are remembering a dream, or a flash of intuition, or a piece of creativity, or a hunch, or as if you may be making it up, or as if you don't know whether it is true or false. So, the more intuitive you are, the better you are with automatic activation.

(how come I haven't felt any bubbling up or inutive feelings or anything like that?)

I think photo reading is all talk

I haven't see or heard anyone say that it actaully works.

If photo reading works does it work the way they advertise??

Posted By: Meurphy Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/14/02 06:23 PM
More that Peter wrote:

Hello. My name is Peter Bissonette, president of Learning Strategies Corporation. I am fortunate, because I know how to do something that may cause you to salivate. I can consume vast amounts of printed information with the same ease as drinking water. And, if you are willing, I can easily teach you.

(now isn't that bogus? Consume vast amounts of information at the same ease as drinking water? When I first read this I believed because I know that threre are things in this world that cannot be explained without experiance and now that I have actually bought the course this I know is an advertising gimmic. Why does a course of 8 tapes cost $245 when most of the tape contain a bunch of nonesense long pauses and the sound of the ocean to teach techniques that I could teach in an hour or less. Mind mapping all that garbage. It's rather simple... if it is all that great why don't they sell it for a reasonable price, like as costly as it is to make the tape plus $100 for profits?? say $120 at max...

Portions of what you are about to read will probably seem beyond belief. Let me assure you it is all true. And, if it is true for someone, then maybe it can be true for you. I just ask that you humor me and read this entire letter that begins on the next page if for no other reason than to see what the commotion is about.

(it didn't seem so unbeleivable untill I bought it.)

And you can use PhotoReading on all types of material and on all subjects from gardening to geophysics, philosophy to calculus, computer manuals to the morning newspaper.

(too time consuming to read a newspaper and activate, I will beat you by normal reading and who wants to remove the pleasure in reading every detail instead of having the sense of incompletion and have really no clue what the article was about?)

You will find the benefits of the course to be worth your investment of time and money.

(I have bought the course and have not seen the benefits of the course and not found it to be worth the time or money)

Think and reflect if you can...

Posted By: AlexK Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/14/02 06:38 PM
Photoreading reduces the time you spend reading a book to 1/3

My experiment and results
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/002346.html

Photoreading a book without activation... the information came up spontaneously http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/002377.html

Orignally posted by me 13 September:

After some practice you will also be able to get answers from the book almost immediately.

For example last night my computer failed and I wanted to save my important data. (It failed on a backup) I was unable to access my files through windows so I had to learn DOS quick smart since I never had the opportunity to learn it before. In order to copy some important docs and photos to floppy disc. I found a DOS how to book on my bookshelf. Half way through photoreading it I realised I had found the commands that I needed to search my hard drive and copy the important files. Time taken to Photoread the book 3 minutes. Time taken to rescue my important docs 1 hour. http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/002523.html

As Pete wrote originally
So, the more intuitive you are, the better you are with automatic activation.

It would be fair to say if you are not already intuitive it is a skill you would need to develop to have more success with automatic activation.

I am not a skeptic... I don't work for LSC in fact I'm not even in the same country as LSC. I'm an Australian. Like MarkP4 I like to get all the information I can out of a book. Using the system I am getting the information and getting it a whole lot faster than anything else I've tried. I've even posted a book review on the forum. I spent 15 minutes on the book and another 15 minutes deciding how I was going to write the review.

Funny enough I like reading Marks post. He is expressing his point of view and experiences with photoreading. It's hard to prove that photoreading works. Some people never manage to balance a cheque book either. Nor do they manage to learn if you try to teach them That's what makes humans so unique.

Alex

Posted By: AlexK Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/14/02 06:49 PM
quote:
(I have bought the course and have not seen the benefits of the course and not found it to be worth the time or money)

Think and reflect if you can...

If that is true then perhaps you should return the course? Why irate yourself if it doesn't work. Move on use what works for you.

Alex

Posted By: Meurphy Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/14/02 06:52 PM
Hmm.. interesting

How about an experiment..

Name a book we could both photo read and see what kind of questions we could come up with and how much we can really get out of the book. find questions to the book online or where ever and answer them. See how many we get right. I bet we wont be able to answer questions like.. What color was miss piglets dress on homecoming or stuff like that which are always on those book report questions.

Posted By: Meurphy Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/14/02 07:55 PM
I am

a succesful actor, chess master and musician
I don't need photo reading to work for me to have a succesful life.

The idea is great but if it fails to work and is a scam, a waste of poor peoples money and time then I will take action to protect them BY ANY MEANSE POSSIBLE.

The only reason why I even bought this program was to learn my lines effeciantly.
Instead I am spending more time than before trying to learn my lines and it is just not cutting it.

IF THIS IS A SCAM I WILL TAKE IT ALL THE WAY DOWN AND EXPOSE IT.

If it proves to be true then I apolagize for everything.

We live in a world in which people must see to believe.

I am not a person who has to see to believe,

I am a person who has the initail faith but

over time, without results there is no faith

What if I said I would give you a million dollars in Australian notes but you can't spend it or invest it.

That is how I feel about photo reading...

and I also feel it has to come to justice...

Posted By: gymosphere Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/15/02 01:30 AM
remeber the NOPS? hold on to it. you will get what you want soon.

Posted By: Margaret Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/15/02 01:48 AM
Meurphy,
You know Alex tried his absolute best to help you. And then in a nice way, after total rejection of his ideas, he said: don't forget, you can return it & get your $$$ back.

You wrote:

quote:
The idea is great but if it fails to work and is a scam, a waste of poor peoples money and time then I will take action to protect them BY ANY MEANSE POSSIBLE.

There are a lot of us out here that are very grateful to have learned PhRing. None of us think it's a scam.

What are you saying? If you can not learn this technique, it is then a scam? That's slightly extreme.

Try reading Einstein. He's the inspiration for most of this stuff. You have to know that Einstein was not a scam. He challenged the world to use more of their brains. Look at Edison who tried 10,000 times before he got it right on the light bulb.

If it proves to be true????? Do you know how many thousands of people are satisfied users of PhRing? Do you realize how many corporations train their managers to use PhRing? It's been around for a long time and instead of getting less of an audience, it's getting more. When i first purchased it, there were over 60,000 PhRing books in print. In less than ten years, it's almost trippled.

Posted By: Meurphy Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/15/02 04:09 AM
Margaret, I still don't know what phr is suppose to do. Some say it allows you to pick through written materials to find what you need. Other say they can read internet files and spontaniously activate and understand what they photoread. Something is rotten in Demark. I just want to know what photo reading really does. If it is a technique for picking through articles then that will not serve me well. If it can help me remember my lines then I will be satisfied. I just don't know how to use it and if I am using it properly and what I can really use it for. So it is true that others use the system?? I thought I was one of the many few. SO like a million people use it... WOW! So it has to work in some way.

- always the optimistic point of view

MEURPHY

Posted By: AlexK Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/15/02 05:07 AM
If it's a Scam why is it so easy to get your money back?

From this post you seem to be blatantly accusing me and others who successfully use the system as being part of a SCAM...

You wrote

quote:
I am a succesful actor, chess master and musician I don't need photo reading to work for me to have a succesful life.

So, if you don't need it why would you want it to work for you?

quote:
What if I said I would give you a million dollars in Australian notes but you can't spend it or invest it.

The Aussie government has beaten you there. It's called the lottery... now theres a scam

quote:
If it can help me remember my lines then I will be satisfied.

If you want to memorise your lines you got the wrong course. The photoreading system is for reading/learning and gathering information to satisfy your need. This may be why you are having problems with the system. Your expectations from the course are not what the course is about.

quote:
Some say it allows you to pick through written materials to find what you need. Other say they can read internet files and spontaniously activate and understand what they photoread. Something is rotten in Demark.

Why is something rotten in the state of Denmark? You've only shown that individuals have adapted the system to their own need. I have done both in fact. Picked through written material to find what I need and spontaneously activated information that I photoread. Depended on what I wanted from the material that I read. I even use photoreading for pleasure reading. Only I don't bother with activation. I rapid read, it's my choice. Adapting the course to suit your needs is permissable.

Alex

Posted By: youngprer Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/15/02 07:03 AM
quote:
Margaret, I still don't know what phr is suppose to do. Some say it allows you to pick through written materials to find what you need. Other say they can read internet files and spontaniously activate and understand what they photoread. Something is rotten in Demark. I just want to know what photo reading really does. If it is a technique for picking through articles then that will not serve me well. If it can help me remember my lines then I will be satisfied. I just don't know how to use it and if I am using it properly and what I can really use it for. So it is true that others use the system?? I thought I was one of the many few. SO like a million people use it... WOW! So it has to work in some way.

- always the optimistic point of view

MEURPHY

Quit wasting your time with question whether or not it works. If it doesn't - leave it. If it does - THEN JUST USE IT.

Think.

-always the pessimestic point of view

YOUNGPRER

Posted By: Neo-Matrix Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/15/02 07:08 PM
there is a reason why this program has never been exposed as a scam. the founders of the program, and those they learned from, knew a lot about how the brain works, Neurolinguistic programming, and adult learning. photoreading is proven to work, and even though i have never used it successfully, i know for sure that it works. im just a really lazy guy. photoreading is beneficial in many ways:
1. learning it may take a while, but after you learn it, you are in the top 1% of readers in the world.
2. learning so quickly not only makes you a smarter and more knowledgeable person, you can also make more money with your gigantic advantage over others.
3. it is proven that by doing eye excercises, like we sometimes use in photoreading(photofocus) can actually improve your vision, and lower prescriptions on contacts or glasses.
4. your friends will think ur so cool! lol

so just stop criticizing and either go for it or quit.

[This message has been edited by Neo-Matrix (edited September 15, 2002).]

Posted By: Gino Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/15/02 07:38 PM
PRING IS GREAT,BUT I WAS WONDERING WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF EYEQ? I THINK EYEQ COULD COMPLEMENT PRING, BUT I'M NOT SURE THOUGH.
THIS IS THE LINK AND THERE IS A TEST TRIAL,SO YOU CAN REALLY GET A TASTE OF IT.
http://www.infmind.com/

LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

Posted By: youngprer Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/15/02 08:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gino:
PRING IS GREAT,BUT I WAS WONDERING WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF EYEQ? I THINK EYEQ COULD COMPLEMENT PRING, BUT I'M NOT SURE THOUGH.
THIS IS THE LINK AND THERE IS A TEST TRIAL,SO YOU CAN REALLY GET A TASTE OF IT.
http://www.infmind.com/

LAY OFF THE CAPS.
LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

Posted By: Margaret Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/15/02 09:24 PM
Meurphy,
Memory Optimizer Course would probably help you w/ memorizing your lines.

But any book on memory by T. Buzan would also. So would the Silva Methods.

And, the cheapest of them all would be to use the LS paraliminal: Memory Supercharger. That is one terrific tape. I've never heard anyone say they haven't benefited from it.

Tape your lines in your own voic saying them the way you want to. Then put that tape on a recorder that plays continuously and go to sleep. Trust me, you'll be happy w/ the results

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited September 15, 2002).]

Posted By: Gino Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/15/02 10:09 PM
How old are you???????????????????
quote:
Originally posted by youngprer:

Posted By: youngprer Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/16/02 12:39 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Gino:
How old are you???????????????????

Young.

Posted By: gymosphere Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/16/02 03:35 AM
lets don fight over this forum...say we take this as a challege and see if any of us can help Meurphy through his stuck states...

Meurphy, have a open mind...u did say u are optimistic, see if you can get where you want.

Posted By: AlexK Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/16/02 04:02 AM
Meurphy,

Given that you are prone to nightmares I recommend that you avoid using any any paraliminals or training tapes or even photoreading prior to going to bed. Use these tapes in the morning, you mind can process them during the day. Keep the evening free from mind training activities. That also means avoiding meditation in the evenings.

Before anyone complains about my comment on meditation I'll ask them to read this link http://www.sfweekly.com/issues/2002-08-28/bayview.html/1/index.html

I explain in more detail via email.

Alex

Posted By: Meurphy Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/16/02 08:57 PM
I am reading your posts but I could really use a break from pr and defientyl the paraliminal tape.

I am going to do the course over again and see if I can't solve my problems on my own.
I will post my successes and if I can't get it to work I will be talking directly to one of the Pr Learning stradegies corp. Members.

Thank you for your time.

Posted By: Laura Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/16/02 09:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Neo-Matrix:
[B]... photoreading is proven to work, and even though i have never used it successfully, i know for sure that it works. im just a really lazy guy.
B]

Id just like to point out that pretty much anything can be 'proven' if you really put your mind to it. Im not saying pring doesn't work, but just bear that in mind. I mean, how do you KNOW that photoreading really does work when you could be getting all of the information from a book from the other steps (previewing etc.)?

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/16/02 09:17 PM
Read my posts in this thread:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000538.html

Spontaneous Activation while flipping pages in the PhotoReading step!

Posted By: AlexK Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/17/02 05:34 AM
quote:
I am reading your posts but I could really use a break from pr and defientyl the paraliminal tape.

I am going to do the course over again and see if I can't solve my problems on my own.
I will post my successes and if I can't get it to work I will be talking directly to one of the Pr Learning stradegies corp. Members.

Thank you for your time.

Good move! That's what you paid for when you bought the course. To pace it to suit you and your learning style and to get the help from LSC.

Alex

Posted By: PS27 Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/18/02 03:53 AM
I just wanted to add my two cents worth if anyone is interested in reading it.

I have always been able to learn and remember things at a very, very quick rate. This is a good thing, however, as an adult I have discovered that I still had a reading problem. It took me so long to read, and my mind got "bogged down" in so many other things in the middle of a text that I could barely get through it. Take this for example: I read C.S. Lewis' "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" just for pleasure, before taking the PRing course, and it took me a month to get through the book because I had so many bad reading habits.

I have also learned that reading is a skill. There truly is a big difference, (and a very real one!) between being a proficient reader and being an inefficient one. PRing has helped me solve an incredible problem in my life --- getting through printed information in at least a reasonable amount of time, with at least a fair amount of comprehension.

I should also state that at a very early age my parents had me working with phonics, so my pronunciation and spelling are pretty good. None of this taught me the mechanics of being a proficient reader, able to effectively extract information from written material.

Paul Scheele and PRing did that. I personally consider this course a Godsend! Literally. Do you have any idea how many pains I had in dealing with the serious feelings of stupidity or serious below average capabilities? I was in a state of trauma every time someone asked me to read things. The really strange part is that I have always liked reading itself, but figured I was really incapable of doing it well enough for it to be of any use to me.

Why would you go on a crusade at "any cost" when you would actually be hurting the "little impoverished people" more than helping them? I was learning impoverished, and the "you'll either make it or break" mentality of public education didn't really care enough in my case to either spot the problem I had, much less solve it.

Yes, it has taken me a while to learn some of the PRing techniques. Do you have any idea how many years I lost without them?

If you are having serious problems in the program you may be deficient in one of two areas:

1. You may not really believe that the program can even work and and have closed yourself off to any of the possibilities.

Or,

2. Your current form of reading may be delivering a certain set of results that you think PRing should basically mirror.

Reading with the "inner mind" and activating information is a much different approach than reading with immediate comprehension and recall from only the conscious working memory. It's literally a whole different ballgame. One has to approach the PRing system by first unlearning inefficient reading patterns, or slower ones, and adding or changing perceptions of learning, processing, and comprehension of material. The end result is greater efficiency and much better and long lasting results in far less time, with greater comprehension, and with much more pleasure during the actual reading experience. At least this is my direct experience.

If it doesn't work for you --- fine. But please don't burst my bubble from your soap box because you don't believe. Allow me to enjoy my new found freedom of approaching the many books, papers and articles that I have longed to get into and can finally approach without fear. I thank God for this course. My whole approach is more peaceful and rewarding. I have been given more than just reading, I have been given a fun and efficient learning key!

Posted By: AlexK Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/18/02 06:03 AM
Meurphy true to his word gave it another go and had an interesting experience that helped him to see that photoreading works
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/002537.html

So people do struggle with the system, sometimes just a change in your approach brings about the breakthrough that you are seeking.

Alex

Posted By: PS27 Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/19/02 02:55 AM
I just wanted to say that I was not trying to make an antagonisitic remark. I did not realize that Meurphy was speaking from frustration (which I myself have been many times!).

I misread his post as antagonistic.

Sorry I misinterpreted that one.

Posted By: bmail99 Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/24/02 12:24 AM
just an observation...

I'm neither for or against photoreading, having
only started experimenting with it 2 days ago.
however, I've had my fair share of experience with products that make fantastic claims, some working and some failing miserably. I've also had quite a bit of experience with forums, and based on that experience, this is my opinion of meurphy: either he is who he says he is ( a successful actor, musician, and chess master) and he's not a native english speaker, or he's
just some dope who threw in that personal information to lend credence to his argument, all the while misspelling words such as "supposedly", "especially", and "means". not very characteristic of a person as accomplished as he, is it? either way, meurphy, if you're not happy with the program,
return it, and stop spewing fruitless skepticism that at best will sabotage the efforts of those that may have had some success with the program, and totally dissuading others from even trying it in the first place. they can always get their refunds, too , if necessary.

Posted By: youngprer Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/24/02 01:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by bmail99:
just an observation...

I'm neither for or against photoreading, having
only started experimenting with it 2 days ago.
however, I've had my fair share of experience with products that make fantastic claims, some working and some failing miserably. I've also had quite a bit of experience with forums, and based on that experience, this is my opinion of meurphy: either he is who he says he is ( a successful actor, musician, and chess master) and he's not a native english speaker, or he's
just some dope who threw in that personal information to lend credence to his argument, all the while misspelling words such as "supposedly", "especially", and "means". not very characteristic of a person as accomplished as he, is it? either way, meurphy, if you're not happy with the program,
return it, and stop spewing fruitless skepticism that at best will sabotage the efforts of those that may have had some success with the program, and totally dissuading others from even trying it in the first place. they can always get their refunds, too , if necessary.

Well you know, this is a forum on the internet, and not exactly a high class publication for the world to read. You think people will spend months overviewing their posts to make them perfect?

Doesn't sound like a very educated response from someone judging a so called "possibly uneducated person."

-youngprer

Posted By: roekai Re: Photo Phocus - or Photo Fake? - 09/24/02 01:16 AM
Even though this whole argument deal is over, I just wanted to say that there is a success story in the book related to Meurphy's career in acting. It goes like this:

pg39
"An actress is better able to memorize her lines by PhotoReading the script first. She also says this helps create a better understanding of her characters."

I know I'm a little late, but I thought I'd try to give some help here for once

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement