Posted By: Bryan Does Centerpointe work? - 09/19/02 01:19 AM
Is there anyone here who has had results with the centerpointe program? When I say results I don't just mean emotional stuff, how did it help you mentally (intellectually)? Has it improved your concentration, memory, learning ability, mental clarity, ability to photoread due to the neural pathways created between the 2 hemispheres of the brain like they promise or is this a program that makes more promises than it can live up to?

Posted By: Margaret Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/19/02 02:44 AM
Bryan,
People who do holosync for the reasons you write about usually don't hang around long enuff to see those results.

Reason? Overwhelm.

The whole purpose of holosync is to inject a small amount of chaos into the brain in order to push it to reorganize to a higher threshold. I wasn't aware that CRI made it a point to say using holosync would improve concentration, learning ability, memory & stuff like that. It hasn't done that for me & i've been using it for 4 years.

If you have emotional luggage that you have not dealt w/----------you will have no choice in the matter. It'll come up & it's called overwhelm. I'd call CRI and holosync a healing type of program, which is not what you are talking about.

For the things you mention, LS paraliminals seem best. MO course too.

Posted By: AlexK Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/19/02 08:19 AM
quote:
it improved your concentration, memory, learning ability, mental clarity, ability to photoread due to the neural pathways created between the 2 hemispheres of the brain

I personally believe the Genius Code course better helps you to achieve that.

Alex

Posted By: Bryan Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/19/02 11:27 AM
I have genius code, doesn't work for me, I can't see images and even so I am not good at describing stuff, is the memory optimizer easy to learn?

Posted By: AlexK Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/19/02 01:16 PM
Seeing images in the image stream isn't the only way to get it going... You can just go with it by describing what you feel / sense. Like my hands are tingleing, my head is throbbing... theres a yellow blob on the back of my eyelids. I also posted some kick starters for image steaming on the genius code forum... you'll notice they don't all start with images. One trick to remember is to grab that first flash of an image, however vague it seems you will realise that you saw a lot more in that quick flash.

I think you are letting yourself down with the belief that you cannot describe stuff

The memory optimzer. Does work. Most research shows good memory is associated with the ability to visualise. Even with that course you have to pick up a pen and get creative from time to time and you do describe stuff. By adding details like descriptions you expand the neural pathways. They more ways you have of experiencing something the more ways you have to remember it. So it doesn't matter if you describe how you feel about something, what something sounds like or what something looks like it will expand your neural pathway, create more links or provide more options.

If you try to limit it to what you like doing or are already good at then your brain doesn't have to create anymore links than you already have. To built more concentration, memory, learning ability, or mental clarity you need to expand your comfort zone. That usually means developing a new skill. In which case the Centerpointe program over time may help you release the emotional hangups that prevent you from moving out of the comfort zone.

I think with the Centerpointe program you will have to use it for quite some time before you motivate yourself to do what you need to do in order to expand your neural pathways. Exercising your mind, doing stuff like image streaming, describing stuff in detail, mind mapping books you're learning from, applying the brain games from the memory optimizer course, using direct learning from the genius code and stuff like that.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited September 19, 2002).]

Posted By: Margaret Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/20/02 12:17 AM
Bryan,
I'm no fan of Genius Code. It's just intuition. Marcia Emery's workbook is better in my opinion. Why bother w/ all that mess of image streaming? It's so time-consuming. There are faster and better ways to get intuitive info. Plus, the book, The Einstein Factor is almost exactly the same as the course.

But, i am a fan of Memory Optimizer. It's easy to use & very rewarding. For building neural connections, nothing beats ABC Lists and the Anchorman List. I've also read many, if not most, of the main memory books out there & i really like hers. However, i need to qualify this statement. I felt it was overpriced, but this was explained in such a manner that made sense to me. Anyone who is a student would truly benefit from this LS course for sure. There's tons of info in it.

Alex, have you purchased the MO course? I've never seen you post on that df.

Posted By: Bryan Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/20/02 01:06 AM
Thanks for the input, do you think if I learn to expand neural pathways with MO it will help me with GC?

Posted By: Margaret Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/20/02 01:15 AM
Bryan,
Your first post made no mention of GC. I was and still am responding to your first post. In my first post to you i wrote this: For the things you mention, LS paraliminals seem best. MO course too. So i really haven't said anything new.

What are you trying to do? 1)

quote:
Has it improved your concentration, memory, learning ability, mental clarity, ability to photoread due to the neural pathways created between the 2 hemispheres of the brain like they promise

Or 2)get GC down?

What is it you are asking here? PhRing? Memory? Genius Code?

Thanks

Posted By: AlexK Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/20/02 07:28 AM
Margaret, Vera wrote a couple of excellent books, In german.The ABC list and Analograffiti which I have. They complement the MO course nicely. So I haven't found it necessary to post on the other DF

Alex

Posted By: AlexK Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/20/02 07:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan:
Thanks for the input, do you think if I learn to expand neural pathways with MO it will help me with GC?

Yes, it will. If you go the direction of MO and apply the techniques you will start developing a visual memory. It will also help with the GC course since a lot of image streaming and interpretation of those image streams are based on your own personal memory.

I can understand your wanting to improve your intuition through the Genius Code because your intuition will help with sponateous activation of the stuff you photoread. It even helps make manual activation easier. In anycase if you just keep practicing photoreading / activation you'll also expand your neural pathways.

Alex

Posted By: Bryan Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/20/02 11:35 AM
Sorry to confuse you Margaret, I want to learn to use more of my brain so I have a higher IQ, better memory, attention span, learning ability, photoreading, etc. I am just trying to figure the best and easiest way to go about it and it sounds like MO may be where I need to start so thank you both for your input.

Posted By: Margaret Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/20/02 08:16 PM
Alex, if you have those 2 books then you pretty much have MO.

Bryan, why not follow your intuition on where to go for the improvements you seek. Personally, i love Silva Mind Control and paraliminals. They work for me. For intuition, that Marcia Emery workbook and a guy, mgrego, really likes her book Power Hunch. I only got the workbook b/c it was $4.75 on half.com. The other was more expensive. Her many examples of how people access intuition for intuitive problem solving is very worthwhile. I've read so many books on intuition and this was the best for me. It was the easiest to do and get clear results at the same time.

MO is excellent. But, if i could read German, then i'd have bought her books that Alex mentions. If you speak German then buy the books & save yourself some $$$.

You know, self esteem will also help develop the areas you want. There are so many things that can be done. Finding out what will speak to your condition is the fastest road for you.

good luck

Posted By: AlexK Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/21/02 08:32 AM
The 2 books that I mentioned are good. Have a lot of exercises etc. Which makes them more useful than the Mind Map book by Tony Buzan.

The MO course does offer a lot more than those two books alone. Especially for people who are not visually creative. The books would be one heck of a frustration for someone who has difficulty visualising. If you hate mind mapping and image streaming the books wouldn't be the way to go.

The audio course offers a lot more than just those 2 techniques. There are techniques for people who prefer to learn by hearing as well as developing more creative thinking by playing some auditory games rather than just the visual ones. Techniques for using your time better for learning. It would be a shame to think that the course is limited to only those 2 ideas contained in those 2 books and overlook the rest of the 57 tricks and ideas that enhance your thinking offered by the Memory Optimizer course.

Alex

Posted By: Hel Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/21/02 09:47 AM
<The 2 books that I mentioned are good. Have a lot of exercises etc. Which makes them more useful than the Mind Map book by Tony Buzan.>

Alex, do those books teach mindmapping?

Posted By: AlexK Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/21/02 11:45 AM
No, Analograffiti, is a technique that has similarites to mind mapping. You record information both graphically and with words. Use it for problem solving, aiding memory, creative thinking etc. It also removes some of the inhibitations associated with mind mapping. Both books go into Analograffiti as well ABC lists.

From the exercises I have found some useful adapations for mind mapping and ah huhs in relation to mind mapping. I most certainly find it easier to break the mind map rules having seen where analograffiti can take you.

I found the mind mapping book lacking in useable exercises that help you get the feel of it, hence my comparison.

Alex

Posted By: Hel Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/21/02 02:34 PM
I understand what you mean. I have the mindmap book too. Looked at it a couple times. Did not feel inspired. I'll have a look at those two books when I get a chance. Would you please give me their German titles? Are they only available in German?

I've looked at the mindscape site that Margaret once provided the link for. The artwork looks great--but far beyond what I imagine myself doing!

I guess what I am saying is, my mindmaps are pretty rough and don't really follow any rules.

Posted By: AlexK Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/21/02 02:53 PM
Have you checked Vera's website? Thats how I found out about them. Both books were released in 2002, none of her books have been translated to english that I have found.

ABC-KREATIV Techniken zu kreativen Problem-Loesung.

Das grosse Analograffiti-Buch (Mine came with a CD haven't bothered listening to mine yet, and A3 poster)

Both by Vera F Birkenbihl

Alex

Posted By: Hel Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/21/02 10:40 PM
Alex, thank you.

Posted By: Mtt Re: Does Centerpointe work? - 09/23/02 11:07 AM
What exactly are Analograffiti and the ABC lists? I'm really curious. How do they improve memory and learning? I know they're contained within Mo and Vera's books, but it's unlikely that I'll be getting them anytime soon. How does MO complement PR? How is Analograffiti similar to Mindmapping, which I'm familiar with the latter?

Thanks

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement